There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

"Arm Your Viking" with a .... Missile Launcher SA-6  surprise. No wonder most of Britain has fallen...

• Blando Calrissian said:

So how long, do you reckon, before the "Flash Sale! Grab Bag!" items are going for $10.99 each ($9.99 if you buy ten new releases)?

Had 4 items in cart, but why buy now for 3.99. Can wait.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Tomhip said:

"Arm Your Viking" with a .... Missile Launcher SA-6  surprise. No wonder most of Britain has fallen...

Proper weapons for a Hollywood Style Viking. Seeing most of the "viking" stuff today makes me want to laugh, then cry, then laugh again... Good that most of it is G9, so I don't really have to bother about it anyway wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,867
    edited January 2023

the tribal tattoos more common among South Pacific Islanders seem popular with Hollywood and Game creators so subsequently DAZ

I know tattoos are worldwide it's just the style they predominantly use

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,343

It is somewhat amusing that the 'Game of Thrones' banner takes precident over DAZ's shiney new G9 character (Ivar 9 HD) and is first in the banner rotation. 

• edited January 2023

I still have no idea what the Game of Thrones thing is, even after reading the linked page out of idle curiosity. Except I won't be buying any as not a fan of the IP. (1.5 books didn't make me one so went on to something better.) 

And yet another G9 orange banner...I wish it wasn't against the rules to transfer the offer to someone who is into G9.

On the plus side, I did get a "manually applied" $10 store credit mid-December, which was a happy surprise. I don't know where it came from. Maybe I bought something that I didn't realize was in a "buy now/get store credit later" deal or missed an email/site message about it? Either way, a belated Thank you!

Post edited by miladyderyni_173d399f47 on
  • miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

I still have no idea what the Game of Thrones thing is, even after reading the linked page out of idle curiosity. Except I won't be buying any as not a fan of the IP. (1.5 books didn't make me one so went on to something better.) 

And yet another G9 orange banner...I wish it wasn't against the rules to transfer the offer to someone who is into G9.

On the plus side, I did get a "manually applied" $10 store credit mid-December, which was a happy surprise. I don't know where it came from. Maybe I bought something that I didn't realize was in a "buy now/get store credit later" deal or missed an email/site message about it? Either way, a belated Thank you!

Game of Thornes promo - 3rd party website to purchase online trading cards and Avatars in the Game of Thrones theme, no Daz Studio asset products.  pay with Crypto currency.  NFT trading card thing.

I have so many perm orange banners, I think I have 4 banner messages in my account right now.  I wish there was a way to delete the messages or offers in my account but no they just keep poping up and screwing up my navigation of the site.

The $10 store credit given in december was arond the time of the $10 bundle flash sale hichup, I thought that was what I got it for, may be it was just a bouus thing , no mention , just appeared with no anouncment or why I got it.  <shrug> 

• Aren't the GoT things NFTs of sort ? I don't like GoT and I'm not interested or even very knowledgeable in NFTS so it's just a wild guess...

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092

MachineClaw said:

I have so many perm orange banners, I think I have 4 banner messages in my account right now.  I wish there was a way to delete the messages or offers in my account but no they just keep poping up and screwing up my navigation of the site.

There is an X on the right of the orange banners.  If you click that, it will go away and not pop up again. 

Dana

Charlie Judge said:

It is somewhat amusing that the 'Game of Thrones' banner takes precident over DAZ's shiney new G9 character (Ivar 9 HD) and is first in the banner rotation. 

Looks like they have adjusted that.

• DanaTA said:

MachineClaw said:

There is an X on the right of the orange banners.  If you click that, it will go away and not pop up again. 

Dana

yeah that does not work for me.  sometimes it does but mostly it just cycles the messages in my account and just pops up again.  I'm not worried about it's just annoying.  Funny when I read in the forums about a orange banner then I have to go to my account and look to see what the new banner is, cause I get banner popups that are either old or not the newest that everyone is talking about, in some cases I don't even have the eorange banner that everyone is taking about. I just chalk it up to daz glitches or guess I wasn't intended party, no biggy.  but I have been getting LOTS of banner popups and that little x is annoying, and the fact you cant actually go into your acount and remove the message.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited January 2023

Doesn't work for me either. Well, it does and it doesn't. It works for several hours but comes back later in the day. It does that over and over again every day until the promotion is over and it's taken out.

Post edited by frank0314 on

HU: There is a new Artist Appreciation Sale banner that is a couple of items past the begining of the rotation banners. Discounts up to 70% but no ending time is shown.

• frank0314 said:

Doesn't work for me either. Well, it does and it doesn't. It works for several hours but comes back later in the day. It does that over and over again every day until the promotion is over and it's taken out.

yeppers.  You wrote situation better than I did.  Exactly what happens to me.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

So many of the top artists have been spending their time on this Game of Thrones stuff, whatever it is, and not on products for the store. It looks like DAZ may be going in a completely different direction. I don't even understand what they are selling. Are they NFTs? Avatars for some metaverse? Which metaverse, there are many. What is Nifty? How do you build your own realm? Where? I'm not interested in GOT but curious what it is they are even selling. 

MachineClaw said:

DanaTA said:

MachineClaw said:

Dana

yeah that does not work for me.  sometimes it does but mostly it just cycles the messages in my account and just pops up again.  I'm not worried about it's just annoying.  Funny when I read in the forums about a orange banner then I have to go to my account and look to see what the new banner is, cause I get banner popups that are either old or not the newest that everyone is talking about, in some cases I don't even have the eorange banner that everyone is taking about. I just chalk it up to daz glitches or guess I wasn't intended party, no biggy.  but I have been getting LOTS of banner popups and that little x is annoying, and the fact you cant actually go into your acount and remove the message.

Are you sure you're hitting the X in the orange banner, not the one that shows if you click on the banner to see the offer?  That just closes the offer window.

Dana 

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

memcneil70 said:

kyoto kid said:

....would love to have material zones designated for hair as well.

Absoulutely agree with this. I love the promos that show material zones on outfits.

Maybe a big warning for outfits that are actually 'one-piece' and not kit-bashable. I accidentally bought two recently and checked finally the word salad and saw that yes, a lot of mess, but no reference to Boots, Pants, Shirts, Hat.... One is okay, but I still have to test the other. I really only wanted it for the bits, not the full look.  

I have to agree to what both of you have said too.   It's often discourgaging to buy a dress, for example, and discover it is all one material zone. 

• DanaTA said:

MachineClaw said:

DanaTA said:

MachineClaw said:

Dana

Are you sure you're hitting the X in the orange banner, not the one that shows if you click on the banner to see the offer?  That just closes the offer window.

Dana 

yes I know hot to click the x button to make the banner go away. And I do that.  Then the banner comes back sometimes in the same bwrosers session if I migrate to a different section of the store that refresheshes the store or the entire page the banner is back and I click the x make it jog away agin, or a different banner if it's doing it's glitchy routation.  It's not a biggy, it's just glitchy, like most of the daz store (notifications, searches, etc.).

• Db3d said:

memcneil70 said:

kyoto kid said:

....would love to have material zones designated for hair as well.

Absoulutely agree with this. I love the promos that show material zones on outfits.

Maybe a big warning for outfits that are actually 'one-piece' and not kit-bashable. I accidentally bought two recently and checked finally the word salad and saw that yes, a lot of mess, but no reference to Boots, Pants, Shirts, Hat.... One is okay, but I still have to test the other. I really only wanted it for the bits, not the full look.  

I have to agree to what both of you have said too.   It's often discourgaging to buy a dress, for example, and discover it is all one material zone. 

Especially if it's 1 material on a dress with a belt, grrrr that's frustrating and a lot of work, generally I pick another outfit at that point.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited January 2023

...just got the latest G9 Viking Bundle orange banner that thanked me ... "so much for [my] support of our Genesis 9 product line".

I haven't bought a single item for G9 since it was released in October and have no intent to.

Meanwhile, I  didn't get the post holiday "poor person's" code which I should qualify for.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2023

kyoto kid said:

...just got the latest G9 Viking Bundle orange banner that thanked me ... "so much for [my] support of our Genesis 9 product line".

I haven't bought a single item for G9 since it was released in October and have no intent to.

Meanwhile, I  didn't get the post holiday "poor person's" code which I should qualify for.

Yeah, I got that one, too.  I only got whatever free G9 stuff they've given us...not purchased a single thing.!  I did put a few G9 things into the wishlist.  Maybe that's what they're talking about.  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on their part.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • I swear last night I got the banner with text along the lines of... thank you for your support of previous Viking content, something like that. And I had closed it once I read through it since there was no coupon code and I knew I'd remember it for today. Then later today the same/a new orange banner popped up, the same deal but with the text about supporting G9. So who knows what the criteria really is :)

edited January 2023

AlmightyQUEST said:

I swear last night I got the banner with text along the lines of... thank you for your support of previous Viking content, something like that. And I had closed it once I read through it since there was no coupon code and I knew I'd remember it for today. Then later today the same/a new orange banner popped up, the same deal but with the text about supporting G9. So who knows what the criteria really is :)

Actually there are two seperate banners: one for owning Norse related items and one for supportng G9

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,963
    edited January 2023

I don't have two separate offers related to it though. All I know is I had one banner last night after the store rolled over, and another one popped up today, but only one new offer in my messages. Maybe I saw an earlier banner with incorrect text that got removed.

Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on

AlmightyQUEST said:

I don't have two separate offers related to it though. All I know is I had one banner last night after the store rolled over, and another one popped up today, but only one new offer in my messages. Maybe I saw an earlier banner with incorrect text that got removed.

Maybe you are only seeing one because you closed the other? Anyway, as a check put the Ivar 9 HD Mega Bundle in your cart. If you are seeing $65.85 as the in cart price then you have both banners in effect.

edited January 2023

Gotta say this Chose8 banner was a nice surprise, a lot to choose from but not overwhelmingly so.

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

Tomhip said:

Gotta say this Chose8 banner was a nice surprise, a lot to choose from but not overwhelmingly so.

I was just about to pull the trigger on my cart and leave when I saw it. Should've just left... wink 

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

I had no problems picking CHOOSE8... Came as a lovely surprise since the holidays.  I've not been buying much... I'm suffering from 'sticker shock!'  lol

• ericolsenericolsen Posts: 350

Yes, that $2 sale was nice.  And just when I resolved to spend no more money until March lol

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

DanaTA said:

kyoto kid said:

Yeah, I got that one, too.  I only got whatever free G9 stuff they've given us...not purchased a single thing.!  I did put a few G9 things into the wishlist.  Maybe that's what they're talking about.  Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on their part.

Dana

...I never even bothered with the G9 freebies as I cannot afforded to invest in everything (much of which isn't even out yet) it will require to make G9 as useful as, and compatible with G3/G8.  I didn't even download and install the G9 Starter Essentials or PowerPose Templates. 

I feel it's more like "wishful marketing".

This discussion has been closed.