There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

ericolsen said:

Yes, that $2 sale was nice.  And just when I resolved to spend no more money until March lol

Ha.. you and me both ;)

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,074

FYI... anyone get the new Teddy???  He spooks me out... (shudderzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...picked up 113$ worth of contnt for 10$ on the Choose8 coupon sale.. 

• Just woke up and missed CHOOSE8 I'm soooo GUTTED, everything I ever wanted was there.  Hopefully DAZ will repeat it again in 10 DAY TIME ........hint, hint ;)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    Glad to see the catch-up sale on the grab bag items I missed, and the 20% off with a new item made it worthwhile to actually purchase a new item for a change...
  • Missed CHOOSE8 and now all that stuff is back to $3.99. Think I will wait. $3.99 as the new price for DAZ+FAD doesn't cut it.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Yeah, for me $3.99 falls into the category of it being something I 'need' to use, and well nothing like that is in the list especially adding in most have been cheaper previously.

if it was $1.99 or $2.99, there would be a few more things that i'd probably pick up, thinking I might use them someday.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

That DAZ+ ketchup sale was a nice opportunity to get rid of the monthly "$6.- off $18.-" DAZ+ coupon for me wink

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

theflarf said:

Yeah, for me $3.99 falls into the category of it being something I 'need' to use, and well nothing like that is in the list especially adding in most have been cheaper previously.

if it was $1.99 or $2.99, there would be a few more things that i'd probably pick up, thinking I might use them someday.

Same, and by the time items I need enter this kind of lists, the chances of not owning them already are close to zero. And I don't even want to get started on the 10$ new release bit.

Not that I mind, between G9 items I'm not going to touch unless they're ridiculously cheap, poor overall deals (or locked behind new releases I don't want) and increased prices, it's been good to take a break from spending since the start of the year.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

maikdecker said:

That DAZ+ ketchup sale was a nice opportunity to get rid of the monthly "$6.- off $18.-" DAZ+ coupon for me wink

Oooh.  Good thinking.   

• I would like to know if this is going to dissapear from the store: https://www.daz3d.com/elene-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females-and-genesis-9, I looked up the store since I saw that one of the other hairs of the same artist were on sale and could not find it, I googled the artist and found there a working link to the hair, and I was able to add it to the cart. So I wonder this: is this going to dissapear fr the store, if not then I would rather wait until it goes on sale, I never buy anyth on full price unless I have to. If it's going away and I need to buy it today: will I be able to download it through DIM when I buy it, I'm worried there will be troubble downloading it since the artist store doesn't show the hair. Thanks in advance for help w thisheart, I would be grateful for replies todayheart as if this is the last day I can buy it then I want to buy it now, I would hate to miss this.

...yeah not very impressed by the grab bag Ketchup.  To make the extra 20% (80¢ savings per item) for purchasing a new release over10$ worth it, I found I needed to buy 13 Grab Bag items (at 3.19$ each for a total of 41.47$) just to offset the cost of the item (10.49$) I chose to unlock the extra discount.  Better to just pay the 3.99$ for the few items I wanted.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Missed CHOOSE8 and now all that stuff is back to $3.99. Think I will wait. $3.99 as the new price for DAZ+FAD doesn't cut it.

CHOOSE8 was all DO's.  Nearly all of the $3.99  Catch-up is PA items; I find 13 DOs out of 1859 items...

• tombraider4ever said:

I would like to know if this is going to dissapear from the store: https://www.daz3d.com/elene-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females-and-genesis-9, I looked up the store since I saw that one of the other hairs of the same artist were on sale and could not find it, I googled the artist and found there a working link to the hair, and I was able to add it to the cart. So I wonder this: is this going to dissapear fr the store, if not then I would rather wait until it goes on sale, I never buy anyth on full price unless I have to. If it's going away and I need to buy it today: will I be able to download it through DIM when I buy it, I'm worried there will be troubble downloading it since the artist store doesn't show the hair. Thanks in advance for help w thisheart, I would be grateful for replies todayheart as if this is the last day I can buy it then I want to buy it now, I would hate to miss this.

I'm not entirely sure what was meant by this, but if you click the PA's name from the product page their store comes up with other hairs? I'm not familiar enough with the PA to know if one of their old hairs has been removed from the store in the past, but they have other products here.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

AlmightyQUEST said:

tombraider4ever said:

I would like to know if this is going to dissapear from the store: https://www.daz3d.com/elene-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females-and-genesis-9, I looked up the store since I saw that one of the other hairs of the same artist were on sale and could not find it, I googled the artist and found there a working link to the hair, and I was able to add it to the cart. So I wonder this: is this going to dissapear fr the store, if not then I would rather wait until it goes on sale, I never buy anyth on full price unless I have to. If it's going away and I need to buy it today: will I be able to download it through DIM when I buy it, I'm worried there will be troubble downloading it since the artist store doesn't show the hair. Thanks in advance for help w thisheart, I would be grateful for replies todayheart as if this is the last day I can buy it then I want to buy it now, I would hate to miss this.

I'm not entirely sure what was meant by this, but if you click the PA's name from the product page their store comes up with other hairs? I'm not familiar enough with the PA to know if one of their old hairs has been removed from the store in the past, but they have other products here.

And Elene Hair shows up in their store for me. 

• Charlie Judge said:

AlmightyQUEST said:

tombraider4ever said:

And Elene Hair shows up in their store for me. 

You need to enable mature content to see this (though on Safari for iPadOS, the "show mature" checkbox don't refresh itself until I check/uncheck "hide items" or "only show +").

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

DAZ-30-MORE says "Coupon code usable once per transaction."... How would one use a coupon code more than once in a single transaction?

• I assume it's usable once per transaction because the coupon can only apply to one item, but there is more than one item on offer. I have no idea if this would work, but based on the way it's written it sounds like you could have multiple transactions with one new item and one item from that group with the coupon applied.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

That code also works on Ivar Mega bundle.

There was also a 2h stream on Ivar yesterday.... I dont think it sells as good as Daz hoped :P

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344

AlmightyQUEST said:

I assume it's usable once per transaction because the coupon can only apply to one item, but there is more than one item on offer. I have no idea if this would work, but based on the way it's written it sounds like you could have multiple transactions with one new item and one item from that group with the coupon applied.

Yes, I used it once and was able to apply it a second time in my cart. 

• Thanks for the replies heart to my question earlier about a hairstyle missing fr the artist store, I don't know how to multi qoute so I'm replying like this instead. I can now also find that hair in the artist store, but not for a while yesterday. This has happened to me before, I try to find someth fr my wishlist and it's not there, I google 4 it and find a link to the store and there it is suddenly. But not searchable in the store. Very weird store bug. But I'm happy it turned up so I can wait 4 it to go on sale. 

• Guess I will never learn it. Checked out 1h ago with 2 new releaes > $5 only to find a flash sale now which would have granted me three items for free. Was my first real purchase this year. Will be the last one for that month as well, grrr!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Guess I will never learn it. Checked out 1h ago with 2 new releaes > $5 only to find a flash sale now which would have granted me three items for free. Was my first real purchase this year. Will be the last one for that month as well, grrr!

that vanished before I could pick anything  

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Guess I will never learn it. Checked out 1h ago with 2 new releaes > $5 only to find a flash sale now which would have granted me three items for free. Was my first real purchase this year. Will be the last one for that month as well, grrr!

that vanished before I could pick anything  

It's still there, but nothing to get exited about. The 'freebies' are just poses and expressions (except for one i13 set).-> Removed the >$5 new items from the cart.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

Rod Wise Driggo said:

It only contains Poses and Expressions so pretty meh... sure free is free, but most of these get discounted to $2-3 all the time.

I actually got excited myself for a moment there before I looked thorough it.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,142

three original g8 figures or hd addons for 5$ each and i am broke sad

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

So glad to see the new OOT hair supports g8 again, after the last few were g9 only.

• GhostGhost Posts: 93

I would definitly got something from this batch of items:
    https://www.daz3d.com/aeon-soul-outoftouch-Plus-muscularity-morphs#new-releases
    But 10$ on new release, makes it a pass and of course a special coupon negates the possibility of using the + coupon.

...the 3 for 5$ sale tended to be mostly figures and characters. A great a deal if you needed more figures/characters you didn't have but I tend to dial spin my own from the ones I have so it was pretty much a pass for me as I rarely use a character or figure "out of the box (save for those like Aiko3, Sadie, and such).

A character needs to add something unique or special to the "digital gene pool" to get me to put it in the cart.

Today's (Wednesday's) sale seems petty meh as you need to purchase a themed new release to use the coupon.  

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Ghost said:

... of course a special coupon negates the possibility of using the + coupon.

...which is the reason why I just unloaded a shopping cart of items from that sale. Patience is a virtue and the amount of wishlisted items I have that I really *need* is small... and of course none of those appeared in the sale, but only the "nice to have" ones. Makes it easy to not buy anything under the given conditions. wink

This discussion has been closed.