There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

kyoto kid said:

Today's (Wednesday's) sale seems petty meh as you need to purchase a themed new release to use the coupon.  

At an average of ~5$ per item, it's an excellent deal if the new releases are items you want.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,343

ioonrxoon said:

kyoto kid said:

Today's (Wednesday's) sale seems petty meh as you need to purchase a themed new release to use the coupon.  

At an average of ~5$ per item, it's an excellent deal if the new releases are items you want.

There is a fairly steep buy-in and all the items eligable for the $3 price are at least 2 years old. Still not a bad deal if there is a lot you really want. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

There are many, many excellent items in the 3$ bin.  I think it's a terrific offer, even with the buy-in.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 265

Sevrin said:

There are many, many excellent items in the 3$ bin.  I think it's a terrific offer, even with the buy-in.

My only wish is the buy-in selection was larger or at least included "still-new-items" like it did in Xmas sale.

There were several new items i was semi-interested in past few days that had uninteresting combo offers, while on this one I am really inetersted in some good combo items but the buy-inns are not that awesome for me.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,074

Tomhip said:

Sevrin said:

My only wish is the buy-in selection was larger or at least included "still-new-items" like it did in Xmas sale.

There were several new items i was semi-interested in past few days that had uninteresting combo offers, while on this one I am really inetersted in some good combo items but the buy-inns are not that awesome for me.

Same here. Some days there isn't a single new item that interests me, so it automatically excludes me from most (if not all) deals that day. If it was "still new" or (even better) "any new release", I'd likely be more tempted to get that new item that I was putting away for later, because of the deal linked to it.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited January 2023

Is the Shopping Spree promotion working? No work for me.

Post edited by mwokee on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    edited January 2023

mwokee said:

Not working for me either right now (using random items from the category for testing purpose) 

Scratch that, I made a mistake in the coupon code when testing. It works fine for me with the right code.

What do you have in your cart?

Post edited by Leana on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

mwokee said:

At least my cart thinks it's working, DAZ should compensate us for the time it takes to go through the list (without good filters) cheeky 

mwokee said:

Did you use the coupon code? I actually forgot to input code myself at first. Its worked fine in basked though, even when I scaled from 2-10 items down to 1-5.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

Sevrin said:

It is indeed. Just be careful as there are at least a few items in there that were in the $3.99 sale bin the other day... wink

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Tomhip said:

mwokee said:

Did you use the coupon code? I actually forgot to input code myself at first. Its worked fine in basked though, even when I scaled from 2-10 items down to 1-5.

My bad. I looked for a code and never saw it so I assumed it would know automatically. But the code is there.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,868

woohooo orange banner EXTRA-4-YOU got a nice hair 70% total

50%+50% isn't 75%  apparently not sure how DAZ Maths works wink 

at least it stacked 

edited January 2023

WendyLuvsCatz said:

at least it stacked 

Pretty much all discounts are multiplicative 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 of price, so 75% discount.

Never mind misread ;p

On that note the code is vaid for 2 days so gonna wait and see if anything good tomorrow.

Post edited by Tomhip on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388
    edited January 2023

Tomhip said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

at least it stacked 

Pretty much all discounts are multiplicative 0.5 * 0.5 = 0.25 of price, so 75% discount.

Never mind misread ;p

On that note the code is vaid for 2 days so gonna wait and see if anything good tomorrow.

I was thinking of using it to get this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-regency-fashion-outfit-for-genesis-9 because I hadn't looked quite close enough (and because the coupon here also stacks which is always nice), but this outfit is actually hilarious. I need to rant a tiny little bit.  I know it says 'Regency Fashion' to alert everyone that it's not meant to be historically accurate, and it's really very nice, so it's all fine and good, but nevertheless, I'm absolutely amazed at how many people still seem to think that in the olden days, women wore their underwear on the outside, as their normal outfit. Stays like this were basically the bras of their time. Also, there's really nothing much 'Regency' about it at all, has more of a 1700s vibe to me if at all. And also also, I can't see anyone using these external eyelet thingies on the front IRL, because they would just tear out so easily. Haven't found any examples in a quick search either, but that may be just me.

Och, would really LOVE to have a set of undergarments of this quality in at least tentatively period-appropriate ... sigh.

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,256
    The extra 50% off is tempting me to get Ivar9.

tsroemi said:

Tomhip said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

at least it stacked 

Never mind misread ;p

I was thinking of using it to get this https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-regency-fashion-outfit-for-genesis-9 because I hadn't looked quite close enough (and because the coupon here also stacks which is always nice), but this outfit is actually hilarious. I need to rant a tiny little bit.  I know it says 'Regency Fashion' to alert everyone that it's not meant to be historically accurate, and it's really very nice, so it's all fine and good, but nevertheless, I'm absolutely amazed at how many people still seem to think that in the olden days, women wore their underwear on the outside, as their normal outfit. Stays like this were basically the bras of their time. Also, there's really nothing much 'Regency' about it at all, has more of a 1700s vibe to me if at all. And also also, I can't see anyone using these external eyelet thingies on the front IRL, because they would just tear out so easily. Haven't found any examples in a quick search either, but that may be just me.

Och, would really LOVE to have a set of undergarments of this quality in at least tentatively period-appropriate ... sigh.

Speaking about rants, every time I want to post a reply on these forums they just keep dying on me...

I was thinking about using the ticket on Kin/Prisma Bundle as while im not so hot on it itself, you can stack it with 50% off another bundle and that brings mega bundle to 20-ish dollars... but i still dont really like it :D

On historical fashion.. I think we just believe whatever movies show us :P Personally I think dresses were a thing for extreamly rich people and these often ignore practical aspect in favor of glamour.

• regency era corset

regency era corset.jpg
    394 x 448 - 26K
  • theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Was going to take advantage of the sale, but suddenly the Standing Conversation Poses price has gone from 9.78 to 13.97, and it had been 7 something when it was in a cart with a 2nd new release.

That's now too much of a buy if for me now to justify the savings on the hair, especially as the price has changed without me changing my cart, so that's a no deal. $0 purchase from me

• Well the "Standing Conversation Poses" were labelled as "DAZ Original" initially which they are probably not. So therefore the price increase. This promo has a way too high buy-in for me. Don't want to spend $20 for the "right" to purchase 10 older items for $3 each. And I had 10 items in mind. But instead of $30 DAZ did not get $50 but nothing.

Anyhow, that orange banner was nice. With my luck tomorrow will bring a super-nice Olympia 9 Mega Bundle where that coupon would be perfect but I've already used it anyhow on:
    -> Kin and Prisma Mega Bundle -> $21.56
    -> Conrad Bundle -> $14.99
    If you don't want to spend that much get a smaller bundle instead of Conrad. There are some for $6-7 bucks. Even if you don't want it you get that Mega Bundle below $25.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199

Timbales said:

The extra 50% off is tempting me to get Ivar9.

That's what I did - just the character for under $15, not any bundle.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787
    theflarf said:

Was going to take advantage of the sale, but suddenly the Standing Conversation Poses price has gone from 9.78 to 13.97, and it had been 7 something when it was in a cart with a 2nd new release.

That's now too much of a buy if for me now to justify the savings on the hair, especially as the price has changed without me changing my cart, so that's a no deal. $0 purchase from me

Same here. Cart dunped...
  • Choose Your Freebie

Get 1 of these Items FREE* when you buy any 2+ 'Modern-Beauty' New Releases

ROTFL. No.

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 775
    edited January 2023

You beat me to it, Rod....was going to post about the nice stack on that bundle.  I personally don't see a use for anything in the bundle myself, given what kind of art I do,  but that is a nice discount on a new item if you can use those items.  If you add one of the artist category items at the bottom of the page that is priced at $3 then the bundle comes down to I believe $19.41.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on

Does this page show the bundle contents for anyone else?

https://www.daz3d.com/survival-instinct-mega-bundle

Mine shows just the footer

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,343

PerttiA said:

I see the contents, both as thumbnails and in the 'What's Included' section. Using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 desktop.

Charlie Judge said:

PerttiA said:

I see the contents, both as thumbnails and in the 'What's Included' section. Using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 10 desktop.

Ok thanks, Google found another DAZ page (scruffy) that did show the contents. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

WendyLuvsCatz said:

at least it stacked 

...went through most of the list and would see something that looked interesting and useful only to then see the little "blue cloud" icon which meant I already had it.   Been here too long.

• .   Been here too long.

Welcome to the club 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

..meh, more "bundle-mania" (x 2: both the Daily and Flash Sale).

Daz keeps saving me money.

Was tempted at first, but have no use for the items in SciFi Rebel bundle. There were nice items from my wishlist amongst the DO Bundles at great price, but eventually cleared the cart and saved even more cheeky

This discussion has been closed.