There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,627

...I've had them expire and roll over to the next month in the early evening of the final day of the month (like around 18:00) where I live (west coast only one hour behind Utah).  

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,275

tyra_oeildeloup said:

Sevrin said:

WandW said:

Another annoyance is for many sales requiring a new item, it has to be greater than $5, which excludes many DAZ+ items...

The 5 dollar cutoff is specifically there to prevent us from using Daz+ items to qualify for discounts. 

^ That, especially when two new releases won't work instead of one :(  

True, for the most part, but many of the newer DAZ+ are $5.99 to $7.99 or more after their intro discount expires, and they remain "new" for 60 days, so technically could be used, unless the threshold is specified to be from that day's new releases, which kind of rules out DAZ+ in any case. Anyway, it helps control spending...

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,414

The SciFi rebel deal seems really good, unfortunately I don't have any use for the items or the character or the hair. Just not my style, any of it. A real pity! But I have too much stuff already to just buy because it's cheap and I might need it one day.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,103

maikdecker said:

DanaTA said:

Robert Freise said:

DanaTA said:

New character Hiroshi --- Japanese name, means Generous, but the character looks more like Chinese.  So does the outfit he's in.

Dana

Yes he does and the outfit reminds me of a Kung-Fu uniform 

The ad copy even mentions a Shaolin priest!  That's Chinese!  

Good looking character, though.  Some of the promos look maybe Japanese.   But some of the outfits are definitely Chinese styles.

Dana

Well, it could be even worse... he could be a chinese shaolin viking with a japanese name... considering how history is treated in DAZland that doesn't seem impossible to happen devil

laugh   laugh  laugh  

Dana

,..hmm, "butterfly people"...

Did this back in 2011.

vampire butterfly women UC.jpg
    880 x 1115 - 388K
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,146

@kyoto kid: you were ahead of your time and time was not yet ripe for that. Be patient with the other artists. And tell us what will follow in about 10 years.smiley

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,584

I was just about to hit the sack, when I checked the store for the last time... If I'm late for work tomorrow, it's DAZ's fault.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,376

PerttiA said:

I was just about to hit the sack, when I checked the store for the last time... If I'm late for work tomorrow, it's DAZ's fault.

You must have seen the Dreamlight / Ironman13 $1.99 flash sale. 

There are some good items in the sale but I already have all the Ironman13 items and most (if not all) of the included Dreamlight items were on sale for $2.99 a little over a month ago and I picked a lot of them up then.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,791

The current $1.99 flashsale says it features Mindvision items, but I dont see any...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

WandW said:

The current $1.99 flashsale says it features Mindvision items, but I dont see any...

You will find a handful among the DAZ Originals. In the artists list you will see some include Mindvision GDS.

Havos said:

WandW said:

You will find a handful among the DAZ Originals. In the artists list you will see some include Mindvision GDS.

They dont show up in the Artists list for me...

kyoto kid said:

Did this back in 2011.

...maybe next would be Caterpillar Men in jeans as the advert only shows Butterfly Women in lingerie..

WandW said:

Havos said:

WandW said:

They dont show up in the Artists list for me...

Mindvision G.D.S was bought out by DAZ about 5 or 6 years ago, and are now all DO's. There are a lot of earlier V4-era products in the list, you'll recognize the style after seeing a few, like Acasia for V4V4 Dark RavenActual EyesActual HairSwimWear, etc. The name only shows up on the product page, there is no vendor page any more. That seems more like a glitch in the store. When DAZ bought out a vendor, the name no longer appeared on the product page, only the ReadMe sometimes. Some artist names have been completely expunged from the site, others have re-appeared.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Egyptian Pharoah character in the steampunk flash sale.  Not complaining, but am amused.

• TomhipTomhip Posts: 266
    edited January 2023

A 2.99 Flash Sale (Or 1.99 with 4+) a day after a 1.99 Flash Sale...

On top of that I have already set my basket with few tropical items... oh, the humanity!

Post edited by Tomhip on

NorthOf45 said:

Mindvision G.D.S was bought out by DAZ about 5 or 6 years ago, and are now all DO's. There are a lot of earlier V4-era products in the list, you'll recognize the style after seeing a few, like Acasia for V4V4 Dark RavenActual EyesActual HairSwimWear, etc. The name only shows up on the product page, there is no vendor page any more. That seems more like a glitch in the store. When DAZ bought out a vendor, the name no longer appeared on the product page, only the ReadMe sometimes. Some artist names have been completely expunged from the site, others have re-appeared.

Ahh, that makes sense.  Thanx for that info.  smiley

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

A few of the items that are $1,99 today (with 4 in cart) were $2.99 a couple of days ago. I had a feeling that might happen and luckily waited for some I was on the fence about but annoyed I got screwed over on a few others.

For anyone who's new, this is an amazing sale! I own 90 of the 126 items and although there are some that were were previously $1.99 or $2.99, many I purchased for much higher prices. ColorWerks is something I purchased at release and use all the time! If you're new it a must-buy in my opinion. Lots of great products in this sale for newbies!

Wonderland said:

For anyone who's new, this is an amazing sale! I own 90 of the 126 items and although there are some that were were previously $1.99 or $2.99, many I purchased for much higher prices. ColorWerks is something I purchased at release and use all the time! If you're new it a must-buy in my opinion. Lots of great products in this sale for newbies!

Thanks for the heads-up, as I had overlooked this... smiley

• mdingmding Posts: 1,146

kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

Did this back in 2011.

...maybe next would be Caterpillar Men in jeans as the advert only shows Butterfly Women in lingerie..

Nice, that would really complete the picture, lol!

I didn't get a coupon in the mail; DAZ must not love me anymore... broken heart

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,094

WandW said:

I didn't get a coupon in the mail; DAZ must not love me anymore... broken heart

You're not alone. I didn't get it the previous time either. I guess we either spend too little or too much to qualify? ;) 

• Well it's not from spending to little. I got one and I only spend less than 30 or 40 dollars a year, if that. Prices are way to high, forums don't like my browser (and I won't change just for them, and everything in general is just to f****d up.. 

"Extra Special Deals" with 15% off of list prices (-30% for DAZ+)... Not that special in my opinion... I'll wait for the midnight (in 3.5 hours) if something better comes up.

• GhostGhost Posts: 93

The flash sale seems good but with the buy-in it's around 6$ per item, doesn't sound as appealing anymore. Don't know if it's worth to lose that 8$ sale over that +/- 3$ buy-in, but maybe it iscool

It's 15% off the cart, not just the DO's. You need $15 from that selection, but there are a few reduced 58%-75%, and some get an extra 20% with something new (DAZ+), then you get another 15% off the total.

edited January 2023

The new one is what I was waiting for cheeky

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • TomhipTomhip Posts: 266

NorthOf45 said:

It's 15% off the cart, not just the DO's. You need $15 from that selection, but there are a few reduced 58%-75%, and some get an extra 20% with something new (DAZ+), then you get another 15% off the total.

And thats the problem, too much effort to look thorough all of it (plus sorting by % or favs is only possible if you additionaly PAY for the addon) and then you need a team of trained DAZ sale-scientists to calculate if its even worth it :D

On the other hand we have 2 for 4 each if you buy somethign new :P

Tomhip said:

On the other hand we have 2 for 4 each if you buy somethign new :P

Six if you buy 2 new wink

Now to check possible collateral gains in the othe offers. 

Also usable three times, if you've got a burning desire to spend...

• kervalakervala Posts: 184

RETAILTHERAPY code doesn’t work for me :( I have 2 new releases and 2 bundles from the flash sale.

This discussion has been closed.