Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

Am I missing something.

I create a cube, and move it around and set keyframes at 0, 10, 20 and 30.

Then I click 'play' and the cube moved some keyframes, then pauses, then moving some more keyframes and pauses, and so on. The pauses can be 10-20 seconds, so playing the whole (30 frames) can take quite a while.

I see this, very peculiar - I would think it was a bug, so please report it.

This sounds like what we just discussed in this thread a couple days ago. I think it is a bug I reported in December 2022 that has not been fixed.

Sory, if so - I didn't understand it that way. This is, however, neew behaviour to me and I do fairly often do simple moving primitive animations as a way to test issues reproted in the froum (or to make sure my replies work) so if it is the same issue I suspect it has spread. Edit: Just checked and play All Frames is unchecked in both release and beta builds, so it isn't that that has suddenly changed itself.

When I reported my animation problem, I was not using a cube, so I can't verify that a primitive exhibited the problem as far back as the 4.21.1.26 beta last December. I was using Genesis 9 Dev Load character, which is also a single mesh. When I animated the Genesis 9 Dev Load, the animation playback stuttered and stalled in the beta. If I jiggled the cursor around in the viewport, the animation would resume and then pause again shortly after I stopped moving the cursor in the viewport. The same animation played smoothly all the time in the general release 4.21.0.5. All this was with play all frames unchecked in both DS versions.

The help request I submitted is Request #428090. It has an attached video of the problem. Customer Service said they reproduced my issue and reported it to the devs, but that they would not get any response, and I would have to watch the change log to see if they addressed it. The same problem still occurs in 4.21.1.108.

So, I wonder, what does Daz say is supposed to happen when play all frames is unchecked?  Is the stuttering animation the intended behavior now, or an unaddressed bug?

It could just be that it requires chnages which will have knock on effects, I don't know - it certainly seems to be a bug, and it has been passed on the the developers - I'm afraid I don't know anything further.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    Thank you, Richard. I find it frustrating that reporting beta issues through the help system is a one way street with no real feedback. It makes any effort to report DS beta problems seem totally unappreciated. It's a lot of work to write up those reports with reproducible scenarios and supporting video evidence. I'm feeling more and more that it is wasted time. This is just the same old complaint. I don't expect you to respond further.
  • RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

I can't believe the edit button on render tab is gone. It's not uncommon I need way more that 15000 samples for a indoor scene.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,268

RL_Media said:

I can't believe the edit button on render tab is gone. It's not uncommon I need way more that 15000 samples for a indoor scene.

I gave a workaround on page 17 while waiting for a new update... or simply enter -1 there

• KomodoVRKomodoVR Posts: 115

Is NVIDIA planning on forcing D|S to a maximum of 15,000 iterations per render? Or is Daz3D considering charging users to 'unlock' additional iterations? For what other reason would it now be impossible to set the iterations to a higher value, or to -1 for infinite? If this is a bug, will it be fixed in the next update? Or is this a sign of future limitations?

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

crosswind said:

RL_Media said:

I gave a workaround on page 17 while waiting for a new update... or simply enter -1 there

I tried it yesterday, but it didn't work. I must have screwed something up in my edit, maybe missed a comma or something. Tried again this morning, and it did work. Nice work around, added it to my scripts menu for easier access.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited October 2023

RL_Media said:

KomodoVR said:

Is NVIDIA planning on forcing D|S to a maximum of 15,000 iterations per render? Or is Daz3D considering charging users to 'unlock' additional iterations? For what other reason would it now be impossible to set the iterations to a higher value, or to -1 for infinite? If this is a bug, will it be fixed in the next update? Or is this a sign of future limitations?

If you believe the limit should be higher, or have -1 as a lower limit, then please give reasons - ideally as a feature request, so that it can be tracked.

The reasons for not making these settings editable - that the changes don't stick, assuming they are officially supported in the first place - has already been given - as have workarounds (via script or editing files or most simply via a UI adjustment https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8404846/#Comment_8404846 ).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • barbult said:

Thank you, Richard. I find it frustrating that reporting beta issues through the help system is a one way street with no real feedback. It makes any effort to report DS beta problems seem totally unappreciated. It's a lot of work to write up those reports with reproducible scenarios and supporting video evidence. I'm feeling more and more that it is wasted time. This is just the same old complaint. I don't expect you to respond further.

Do bear in mind that the developers haev a limited time budget for specific responses, adn also that some features rely on developers devoting time on their own account for things they want or need themselves or feel enhance the application (which makes it impossible to give an ETA on fixes). If something is passed to the official internal bugtracker then it has been sent to the developers, but there are a lot of variables (in code, in managment priorities, and in personal time available) governing its resolution.

• VividImaginatorVividImaginator Posts: 38
    edited October 2023

How to put the Max Samples' Parameters option back where it belongs:

- Start Daz Studio.

- Left-click on 'Window' menu.

- Highlight 'Workspace' then 'Customize' and left-click it.

A window will popup.

- On the left pane look for 'Styled Properties' left-click the + sign.

- Now on the right pane select the 'Menus' tab.

- Look for 'Property Options (Element)'.

- Left-click the + sign.

- Drag and drop the 'Parameter Settings' from the left pane into the right pane; place it right above 'Lock'. (or wherever you want inside the 'Lock' and 'Hidden' menu section.)

- Left-click 'Apply'.

- Left-click 'Accept'.

- Go back to the 'Window' menu and left-click it.

- Highlight 'Workspace' then 'Update and Merge Menus' and left-click it.

The Max Samples' Parameter Settings will be back where it is supposed to be.

(Gha! Today is one of those days...)

Post edited by VividImaginator on
  • VividImaginator said:

How to put 'Max Samples' 'Parameters' option back where it belongs:

- Start Daz Studio.

- Right-click on 'Window' menu.

- Highlight 'Workspace' then 'Customize' and right-click it.

A window will popup.

- On the left pane look for 'Styled Properties' right-click the + sign.

- Now on the right pane select the 'Menus' tab.

- Look for 'Property Options (Element)'.

- Right-click the + sign.

- Drag and drop the 'Parameter Settings' from the left pane into the right pane; place it right above 'Lock'. (or wherever you want inside the 'Lock' and 'Hidden' menu section.)

- Right-click 'Apply'.

- Right-click 'Accept'.

- Go back to the 'Window' menu and right-click it.

- Highlight 'Workspace' then 'Update and Merge Menus' and right-click it.

The 'Max Samples' 'Parameter Settings' option will back where it is supposed to be.

In my case it is left-click.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Vividimaginator mistake.

Fixed it! It is left-click.

edited October 2023

VividImaginator said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Vividimaginator mistake.

Fixed it! It is left-click.

And save your customized workspace layout (Window>Workspace>Save Layout As).

Post edited by barbult on
    edited October 2023

I dunno what on earth the client supoort process is, with time constraints or not... I reported 2 bugs in .104, one of them has been fixed in 2 days. That was fast. But yet no one has replied and updated my support request. I don't really mind but just wonder...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

I dunno what on earth the client supoort process is, with time constraints or not... I reported 2 bugs in .104, one of them has been fixed in 2 days. That was fast. But yet no one has replied and updated my support request. I don't really mind but just wonder...

Same for me. 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,966

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Same for me. 

Seeing your success I sent another bug report about the timeline issues, I hope they fix at least those. Let's see if finally I can leave 4.12.0.86 after years of agony.

Thank you for the fix to the out of date cached icon. The scenario that I reported is now working correctly.

Thank you for making the default setting to NOT update metadata.

Oh... I can't  help installing 4.22 'cause it fixed 'that styling issue' and adopted my '-1 settings' as default. devil

• SaintSaint Posts: 59

I don't like this, how do you disable it? 

barbult said:

This is what I see in the new beta (4.21.1.104) when I select File/New. In the main area we have a bunch or templates to choose from.  I haven't tried any yet. They seem a bit disorganized, with Render Settings, Scenes, and lights kind of jumbled together. We have a big notification (ad?) panel on the right and a store panel on the bottom. The store panel was slow to load for me. but populated after 10 seconds or so. I've been having intermittent internet connections today, so that may be affecting it.

edited November 2023

1. Slow performance when swithing tabs in New... dialogue;
    2. Collapsed Store section is not 'memorized' in New... dialogue;
    3. Issue sustains - Save as whatever Preset to overwrite existing duf file, 91x91 + tip. png files are not replaced.

PS : I really don't think it's a right time to update General Release...

SNAG-2023-11-1-0034.png
    1202 x 774 - 528K
    edited November 2023

Saint said:

I don't like this, how do you disable it? 

barbult said:

This is what I see in the new beta (4.21.1.104) when I select File/New. In the main area we have a bunch or templates to choose from.  I haven't tried any yet. They seem a bit disorganized, with Render Settings, Scenes, and lights kind of jumbled together. We have a big notification (ad?) panel on the right and a store panel on the bottom. The store panel was slow to load for me. but populated after 10 seconds or so. I've been having intermittent internet connections today, so that may be affecting it.

If you mean New dialogue, you're not able to disable it but just use some workarounds...

• jd641jd641 Posts: 437
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Dolce Saito said:

Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a deliberate chnage which has been mentioned above and in the discussion of the new New dialogue, which is where the recent file list is now shown, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

Am I misunderstanding something here? The most important menu in the File dropdown to me is being removed? My workflow consists of opening and closing files constantly, work on something quickly, save a scene, File/Recent click, repeat x 20, the less clicks the better. This is the way I work and this is the way I want to continue to work. Before you say it's a small change, for me it won't be, my brain doesn't work like that. Don't do this to me, or at least let me know that I'm wrong about what's going on.

This new dialogue thing that's supposed to pop up when creating a new scene, I'll never use it, I use shortcuts, Cntr+n gets me a blank scene with 0 assets which is what I want, I don't want to open a screen that I'll never use just to get to the recent files I had with a single mouse click and .2 seconds of moving my cursor. I also don't want to see some stupid ad, I give DAZ enough money that should I want an ad free experience as a paying customer I should be able to have that.

Post edited by jd641 on
    edited November 2023

jd641 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Dolce Saito said:

Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a deliberate chnage which has been mentioned above and in the discussion of the new New dialogue, which is where the recent file list is now shown, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

Am I misunderstanding something here? The most important menu in the File dropdown to me is being removed? My workflow consists of opening and closing files constantly, work on something quickly, save a scene, File/Recent click, repeat x 20, the less clicks the better. This is the way I work and this is the way I want to continue to work. Before you say it's a small change, for me it won't be, my brain doesn't work like that. Don't do this to me, or at least let me know that I'm wrong about what's going on.

This new dialogue thing that's supposed to pop up when creating a new scene, I'll never use it, I use shortcuts, Cntr+n gets me a blank scene with 0 assets which is what I want, I don't want to open a screen that I'll never use just to get to the recent files I had with a single mouse click and .2 seconds of moving my cursor. I also don't want to see some stupid ad, I give DAZ enough money that should I want an ad free experience as a paying customer I should be able to have that.

It's embedded in new 'New...' dialog.. If you ever saved a Layout, just load the latest one, you'll have Open Recent back...

As for Ctrl + N, a workaround -: you you can create a new empty scene, create a custom action for it and assign shortcut Ctrl + N to it.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited November 2023

I'm confused. I just updated to 4.22, and there are absolutely no templates in the New Scene window.

EDIT: Ok, sorted it out. I had to install the "Default Templates for DAZ Studio 4.21+" seperately in Daz Install Manager (it doesn't appear in Daz Studio's Smart Content). Despite being sorted by Order Date: Recent First, it was buried way down the product list. Heck, it seems sorting by order date never works properly in either DIM or Smart Content, the stuff I ordered most recently never actually appears at the top (never has done),

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • TheNathanParable said:

I'm confused. I just updated to 4.22, and there are absolutely no templates in the New Scene window.

It is a separate download in DIM.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,966

Something is wrong with the beta installation. I download it from the DIM, install it and then I find the installation folder almost empty and the beta again in the downloadable pane.

• RuntuRuntu Posts: 98
    edited November 2023

TheNathanParable said:

EDIT: Ok, sorted it out. I had to install the "Default Templates for DAZ Studio 4.21+" seperately in Daz Install Manager (it doesn't appear in Daz Studio's Smart Content). Despite being sorted by Order Date: Recent First, it was buried way down the product list. Heck, it seems sorting by order date never works properly in either DIM or Smart Content, the stuff I ordered most recently never actually appears at the top (never has done),

I just updated to new version 4.22 and same with me New Scene workflow there is nothing there, no templates?

Edit:  yup that did the trick, thank you.

Post edited by Runtu on
  • After updating to 4.22 in the vray preview the materials no longer emit light or shadows. I reinstalled and changed every driver (now Nvidia Studio 546.01 ) and reinstalled daz studio (4.22), no result. In rendering no problem and on the old pc no problem. I don't know what to do anymore...

marco_musso10_6df310797b said:

After updating to 4.22 in the vray preview the materials no longer emit light or shadows. I reinstalled and changed every driver (now Nvidia Studio 546.01 ) and reinstalled daz studio (4.22), no result. In rendering no problem and on the old pc no problem. I don't know what to do anymore...

Haven't seen such an issue... Have you updated Default Resources product?

New bug -: After clearing DSON cache in F2, all messy in New... dialogue - Templates tab...

SNAG-2023-11-1-0042.png
    1202 x 774 - 372K
  • crosswind said:

New bug -: After clearing DSON cache in F2, all messy in New... dialogue - Templates tab...

I don't see it myself, all my templates are shown correctly.