Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Imago said:

Something is wrong with the beta installation. I download it from the DIM, install it and then I find the installation folder almost empty and the beta again in the downloadable pane.

Did you get a UAC prompt (to allow the installer to make chnages to your system)? Do you have enough drive space, are the folder permissions correct?

• TheNathanParable said:

I'm confused. I just updated to 4.22, and there are absolutely no templates in the New Scene window.

EDIT: Ok, sorted it out. I had to install the "Default Templates for DAZ Studio 4.21+" seperately in Daz Install Manager (it doesn't appear in Daz Studio's Smart Content). Despite being sorted by Order Date: Recent First, it was buried way down the product list. Heck, it seems sorting by order date never works properly in either DIM or Smart Content, the stuff I ordered most recently never actually appears at the top (never has done),

It is part of the default resources, which iss plit across several zips in DIM but is under the one product name in Connect and metadata/

• Iray Skydomes are all purple. See zip for examples of basic scenes and settings. Nvidia keeps my driver current and this never happened in 4.21 either.

zip
    zip
    DAZ Scene Errors.zip
    5M
    Blackwood Manor w Witchcraft Skydome.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 809K
  • tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thanks, tried again, now instead of at products - default resources and finding it there I tried w finding it at scipts like you said, and I find it, says what you say, but NO script turns up when I cl, no matter how many time I cl. Tried w making a new sphere primitive - same. I have only 4.21 defalut recourses at dim, should it say 4.22 recourses insead? 

So strange, as I have the option to cl - create advanced.... the script should be there, right? so frustrating. Nothing happens when I cl that. nothing. 

Yes, it should say  4.21+

Double-click the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script, then go to Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File. Scroll down to the end of the log and see what it says.

Beyond strange - says :

2023-11-01 21:36:04.364 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse
    2023-11-01 21:36:04.366 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse

And no script to be seen. Nothing. But Daz thinks it's there.

No dialogue to be seen - not no script (the script is running according to the log). It does look as if it is the old version, which didn't have a dialogue box - if you start with a new sphere selected in the scene and run the script does an Iray Matte then show in the Parameters pane with the sphere selected?

Yes, it does, what to do w that? is that the settings that comes w the script, all it is, iray matte? do I set it to on or off?

That means the script you are running is still the old one, before the new features (and dialogue box) were added. How do you install the Default Resources? if you use DIM then it is possible that you have also installed through Connect at some point, and that will still be the older file - try right-clicking on the Default Resources product container and if there is an Uninstall otpion click that. If there isn't, or if it doesn't help, it's also possible that you haev an older version of the script in another content directory that is being found before the updated file - do you have multiple content directories?

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 672
    edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thanks, tried again, now instead of at products - default resources and finding it there I tried w finding it at scipts like you said, and I find it, says what you say, but NO script turns up when I cl, no matter how many time I cl. Tried w making a new sphere primitive - same. I have only 4.21 defalut recourses at dim, should it say 4.22 recourses insead? 

So strange, as I have the option to cl - create advanced.... the script should be there, right? so frustrating. Nothing happens when I cl that. nothing. 

Double-click the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script, then go to Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File. Scroll down to the end of the log and see what it says.

Beyond strange - says :

2023-11-01 21:36:04.364 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse
    2023-11-01 21:36:04.366 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse

No dialogue to be seen - not no script (the script is running according to the log). It does look as if it is the old version, which didn't have a dialogue box - if you start with a new sphere selected in the scene and run the script does an Iray Matte then show in the Parameters pane with the sphere selected?

Yes, it does, what to do w that? is that the settings that comes w the script, all it is, iray matte? do I set it to on or off?

That means the script you are running is still the old one, before the new features (and dialogue box) were added. How do you install the Default Resources? if you use DIM then it is possible that you have also installed through Connect at some point, and that will still be the older file - try right-clicking on the Default Resources product container and if there is an Uninstall otpion click that. If there isn't, or if it doesn't help, it's also possible that you haev an older version of the script in another content directory that is being found before the updated file - do you have multiple content directories?

I only use DIM, so I installed through DIM. I have only one main My daz 3D library, and the my library at documents, w my presets, and where saved scenes end up, and shaping preset I make ect. But main where all daz models is saved and installed - only one. Had to move it to D long ago, but that was very long ago, and have had no issues since the move. Should I uninstall the default recourses, and re install it in dim?  

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

I only use DIM, so I installed through DIM. I have only one main My daz 3D library, and the my library at documents, w my presets, and where saved scenes end up, and shaping preset I make ect. But main where all daz models is saved and installed - only one. Had to move it to D long ago, but that was very long ago, and have had no issues since the move. Should I uninstall the default recourses, and re install it in dim?  

I uninstalled the default resources in dim and then installed it again and now I get the script window to open and I get the settings from the video in parameters. What options should I check? the video said to check iray visible to primary rays to off, is that it? or do I need to change any more settings? So happy I got the script to work heart, now I just need to understand what options to check/uncheck or change the value. So some help would be great, is the "iray visible to primary rays" -  to off- all I need to think about? to get ghost lights to work?

Thanks for all the help so far, so very kind heart.

One more question: can I have any file - scenes saved - models - lights - shaders - scripts as favs to show up under favs in the new menu? I tried setting that script to favs ,but when I cl it in the fav section of new then I get the question to save the scene be4 closing. Am I using the fav section wrong, perhaps it's only for using when opening a new scene? Would be great if I can have all sorts of things saved as favs, to use at any time. 

• pzrldralt said:

Iray Skydomes are all purple. See zip for examples of basic scenes and settings. Nvidia keeps my driver current and this never happened in 4.21 either.

They are all Flipmode skydomes. Other skydomes e.g. by DimensionTheory appear to work just fine.

• So the "New" Ghost Lights are next to useless if you have any other form of lighting in a scene, since they block other sources of lights passing through them, meaning you might as well just use the old method too. Why is this program 1 step forward and 2 steps back all the time?

• tombraider4ever said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

I uninstalled the default resources in dim and then installed it again and now I get the script window to open and I get the settings from the video in parameters. What options should I check? the video said to check iray visible to primary rays to off, is that it? or do I need to change any more settings? So happy I got the script to work heart, now I just need to understand what options to check/uncheck or change the value. So some help would be great, is the "iray visible to primary rays" -  to off- all I need to think about? to get ghost lights to work?

That is the basic one, yes. Iray Ghost Light factor may also be used to control how the ghost l;ight appears in reflections.

One more question: can I have any file - scenes saved - models - lights - shaders - scripts as favs to show up under favs in the new menu? I tried setting that script to favs ,but when I cl it in the fav section of new then I get the question to save the scene be4 closing. Am I using the fav section wrong, perhaps it's only for using when opening a new scene? Would be great if I can have all sorts of things saved as favs, to use at any time. 

The script requires a target node, so it makes no sense as a favourite in the New dialogue.

• Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

That is the basic one, yes. Iray Ghost Light factor may also be used to control how the ghost l;ight appears in reflections.

The script requires a target node, so it makes no sense as a favourite in the New dialogue.

Thank you so much for the help!heart  

• nebulafox said:

So the "New" Ghost Lights are next to useless if you have any other form of lighting in a scene, since they block other sources of lights passing through them, meaning you might as well just use the old method too. Why is this program 1 step forward and 2 steps back all the time?

Make sure that the ghost light has Refraction Index of 1 and Refraction Weight of 1 - so that it behaves like air when rays encounter it.

• SaintSaint Posts: 59

Is there a way to remap Ctrl+N so it opens my template scene instead of that gaudy, lagging popup window? Thanks in advance!

crosswind said:

Saint said:

I don't like this, how do you disable it? 

barbult said:

This is what I see in the new beta (4.21.1.104) when I select File/New. In the main area we have a bunch or templates to choose from.  I haven't tried any yet. They seem a bit disorganized, with Render Settings, Scenes, and lights kind of jumbled together. We have a big notification (ad?) panel on the right and a store panel on the bottom. The store panel was slow to load for me. but populated after 10 seconds or so. I've been having intermittent internet connections today, so that may be affecting it.

If you mean New dialogue, you're not able to disable it but just use some workarounds...

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,482
    edited November 2023

I have a question

The new dialog shows a templates, recent and favorites tab. To me, this suggests customization capability and being able to save your own templates... which hey cool!

Yet, when I try to save my own scene to the templates (even right in dazs already existing folders whence the others show from) the one I save doesn't show. Further, you can't favorite anything except things that are in the templates tab.....

Is that bugged out or intended functionality? 

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,133

Saint said:

Is there a way to remap Ctrl+N so it opens my template scene instead of that gaudy, lagging popup window? Thanks in advance!

Yup ~ Pls create an empty scene and save it in you scene folder. Create a custom action for it (e.g. New (Legacy)....). Press F3 in DS, assign Ctrl + N to the custom action, and assign Ctrl + Shift + N to the new 'New...'. Save your Layout.

As attached screenshots.

SNAG-2023-11-2-0067.png
    1196 x 962 - 217K
    SNAG-2023-11-2-0069.png
    1275 x 1018 - 223K
    edited November 2023

IgnisSerpentus said:

I have a question

The new dialog shows a templates, recent and favorites tab. To me, this suggests customization capability and being able to save your own templates... which hey cool!

Yet, when I try to save my own scene to the templates (even right in dazs already existing folders whence the others show from) the one I save doesn't show. Further, you can't favorite anything except things that are in the templates tab.....

Not a bug and not in that way. Steps:

1. Create a scene as template, save it to a template folder or somewhere.
    2. Categorize it as 'Templates'
    3. Ctrl + N.

PS: For the templates you don't wanna show them there, re-categorize them to other user-defined category. But there must be at least one duf file with category "Templates", otherwise there'll be a big mess in Templates tab. (a bug...)

SNAG-2023-11-2-0071.png
    866 x 1271 - 162K
    SNAG-2023-11-2-0073.png
    1215 x 845 - 504K
    SNAG-2023-11-2-0076.png
    1215 x 845 - 273K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

IgnisSerpentus said:

I have a question

Not a bug and not in that way. Steps:

1. Create a scene as template, save it to a template folder or somewhere.
    2. Categorize it as 'Templates'
    3. Ctrl + N.

PS: For the templates you don't wanna show them there, re-categorize them to other user-defined category. But there must be at least one duf file with category "Templates", otherwise there'll be a big mess in Templates tab. (a bug...)

Ahhhhhh so that's how it works! Ty for the help!

edited November 2023

Ahhhhhh so that's how it works! Ty for the help!

No problem yes

edited November 2023

Halfway there, reassigned "New" to Ctrl+Shift+N and created one like you suggested. How do I connect that to the scene I want it to load?

crosswind said:

Saint said:

Yup ~ Pls create an empty scene and save it in you scene folder. Create a custom action for it (e.g. New (Legacy)....). Press F3 in DS, assign Ctrl + N to the custom action, and assign Ctrl + Shift + N to the new 'New...'. Save your Layout.

As attached screenshots.

Post edited by Saint on
  • Saint said:

Halfway there, reassigned "New" to Ctrl+Shift+N and created one like you suggested. How do I connect that to the scene I want it to load? Also how did you get that little icon on yours? That's neat.

crosswind said:

Saint said:

As attached screenshots.

The simplest way is to fidnd it in the Content Library pane, right-click>Create Custom Action. Window>Workspace>Customise, find the scene in the Custom section on the left, right-click>Change keyboard Shortcut and press ctrl n.

Perfect! Thanks guys.

edited November 2023

Saint said:

Halfway there, reassigned "New" to Ctrl+Shift+N and created one like you suggested. How do I connect that to the scene I want it to load?reenshots.

Yup ~ as Richard said.

Seems that my screenshots could not be seen ?

SNAG-2023-11-2-0079.png
    496 x 1302 - 98K
  • nebulafox said:

So the "New" Ghost Lights are next to useless if you have any other form of lighting in a scene, since they block other sources of lights passing through them, meaning you might as well just use the old method too. Why is this program 1 step forward and 2 steps back all the time?

Make sure that the ghost light has Refraction Index of 1 and Refraction Weight of 1 - so that it behaves like air when rays encounter it.

Interesting, I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. What does the new ghostlight slider do? Changes whether or not the light shows up in reflections?
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,960

Isn't possible to disable the "new" pane? That workaround simply loads a saved scene, doesn't really create a new scene.

I have my "new" scene set to specific parameters, I want to keep them working as usual.

• Imago said:

Isn't possible to disable the "new" pane? That workaround simply loads a saved scene, doesn't really create a new scene.

I have my "new" scene set to specific parameters, I want to keep them working as usual.

Ctrl N then enter will load whatever your default on new scene may be - blank if nothing is set in Edit>Preferences>Scene (Daz Studio>Preferences>Scene on Mac)

• nebulafox said:

Richard Haseltine said:

nebulafox said:

Interesting, I'll try that when I get home from work tonight. What does the new ghostlight slider do? Changes whether or not the light shows up in reflections?

Yes, in essence. See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/609556/creating-a-ghost-light-daz-studio-4-21-1-26

• nebulafoxnebulafox Posts: 5
    edited November 2023

So now my scene I was working on last night won't open. The log I think is saying some line of code got screwed up? But this is the only scene I've opened and saved post 4.22 update (I was on 4.15 before, I wanted volumetrics so was gonna update to 4.21, but 4.22 dropped literally right before so I was SOL)

2023-11-02 13:01:03.259 [INFO] :: Clearing the scene...
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.318 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.363 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /Scenes/Hanged.duf
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.363 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.363 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.418 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.418 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 3
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.418 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.418 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Scenes/Hanged.duf
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.426 [INFO] :: Json Parser (11556,1): Unexpected end of file in object.
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.426 [WARNING] :: Error loading asset: Z:/Users/ME/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes/Hanged.duf Operation failed
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.463 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2023-11-02 13:01:03.463 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

Post edited by nebulafox on
    edited November 2023

Syntax error or file corrupted... open your scene file with notepad++ and check the code in that line 11556, first character...

• The file may be compressed, in which case it could well be a bad byte (e.g. due to a disc error). An archive recovery tool may be able to help, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Anyone noticed some issues with alpha on people, when saving to PNG?

• RonGCRonGC Posts: 4

OK tried with the first character female loaded worked fine, loaded a second character male, as a new character but it is using the data from another character's data, so it has that character's female data instead, of a male. tried several things including clearing caches, restarting etc. still the same problem. on MacOS

it's not loading in new character data nowoits adding in female only. something is extremely screwed on character imports.