Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

In the New Scene window, if I multi-click on several scenes and right click and select Open As New, what it is supposed to do? Does it make sense to offer "Open As New" in the menu when multiple scenes are selected? What seems to happen is that it opens the last selected scene and then leaves the New Scene window open with all of the previously selected scenes still highlighted.

You get a new, unnamed scene and the selected scenes are merged into it:

Open as New

• Clears the scene and loads the contents of the selected asset(s)
    • Does not close the New Scene dialog
    • Appears in the context menu of all 3 pages

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

That's not what happened though. It did clear the existing scene, but it did not load the contents of the selected scene assets. Only one scene was loaded, as far as I can tell. Similarly, if I select multiple scenes and right click and select "Merge into Scene", only one of the selected scenes is merged into the existing scene. The description you quoted does not seem to work with scene assets.

• DeeKayDeeKay Posts: 36

Saxa -- SD said:

crosswind said:

Sigh... cry.... heartbroken... broken heartblush

My interim solution for the new 'New...' has to be: create a custom action for an empty Scene, assign Ctrl + N to it. Then assign a Alt + Ctrl + N to the new 'New...'..., well just in case one day I may really need it.

That sounds like a great workaround.   Will do that too when i upgrade my beta.

When saw the changelog, guessed there would be some upheavals, so am waiting as don't have time rn nor energy to deal with that.

The forced adverts for store and not being to disable - hopefully will be a way around that too.

Great work around, thanks

The categorization system lets me create and assign subcategories in Default/Favorites, but that organization is not shown in the New Scene Favorites tab. Everything is lumped together at one level. That is going to make it pretty difficult to navigate, if I have more than a few favorite assets. VisualMenus is still by far my preferred way to quickly and easily access favorite assets, whole folders, or products.

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

In the New Scene window, if I multi-click on several scenes and right click and select Open As New, what it is supposed to do? Does it make sense to offer "Open As New" in the menu when multiple scenes are selected? What seems to happen is that it opens the last selected scene and then leaves the New Scene window open with all of the previously selected scenes still highlighted.

Open as New

That's not what happened though. It did clear the existing scene, but it did not load the contents of the selected scene assets. Only one scene was loaded, as far as I can tell. Similarly, if I select multiple scenes and right click and select "Merge into Scene", only one of the selected scenes is merged into the existing scene. The description you quoted does not seem to work with scene assets.

Sorry, this was wrong - that is what comes of not checking I hae understood correctly. Only the item right-clicked on is loaded into the new scene. This is acknowledged as needing to be clearer.

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Open as New

Sorry, this was wrong - that is what comes of not checking I hae understood correctly. Only the item right-clicked on is loaded into the new scene. This is acknowledged as needing to be clearer.

Thanks for the clarification of how it is intended to work.

• barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Open as New

Thanks for the clarification of how it is intended to work.

A couple of suggested options are disabling the command when there are multiple selections or have the command apply to the first file selected/listed, rather than the one right-clicked on. A few commands (e.g. delete and change parent in the Viewport context menu) list the item that will be acted on ("Delete Sphere"), I don't know if that is a third option that might work.

• Et tu, Daz?

It's not enough that we shop in your store and chat on your forums, you've got to throw up an advert for yourselves every time I open a new scene?

Not even Microsoft does that.

It feels very disrespectful.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,251
    edited October 2023

Blando Calrissian said:

Et tu, Daz?

It's not enough that we shop in your store and chat on your forums, you've got to throw up an advert for yourselves every time I open a new scene?

I remember I've seen a user posted a screenshot that he saw Ads in DIM months ago...(but I did not find any Ads in my DIM at that time). Now, it seems that Ads are not really satisfied to be just embedded in DIM.

Ah ya... indeed, DS is the one that is much more frequently used...

But now the new 'New' is gone, while the most annoying thing is scene saving with thumbnails: not working with 'save as Presets to overwrite existing files' and even wrong substring of scene name, etc. faint !

I'm gonna rollback to previous version...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 5,058

Blando Calrissian said:

Try being an animator on DAZ Studio... sad

• Blando Calrissian said:

Et tu, Daz?

Norton keeps trying to upsell me some system tool that claims to find driver updates that nothing else thuinks exist, charginf about $100 to potentially wreck my system, while Microsoft keeps plugging their Game Pass or the wretched GhatGPT at every log in. Minor ads on using New, which you can avoid by closing your eyes after hitting ctrl n until you have hit enter, seem a much lesser evil - especially as the software is free, unlike Windows or Norton security.

Another update to DS beta is out. 4.21.1.108.

• barbult said:

Yes. Please let us know if it fixes the issue as reported here.

When I am not logged in to DS, the File>New notifications panel shows this (see attached image). The link is https://www.daz3d.com/introducing-death-9?utm_medium=studio_sidebar_default&utm_source=studio. Death 9? That sounds ominous. Clicking on the notification just goes to the store https://www.daz3d.com/shop. I don't see anything about Death 9 there. If I log in, I see the old tutorial notification. This same thing happened in DS 4.21.1.104 before I updated to 4.21.1.108, so I don't think it is related to the DS application update today. Maybe it is a premature announcement of the next DS numbered character release.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 183535 File New Not Logged In.jpg
    1202 x 1125 - 310K

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

Yes. Please let us know if it fixes the issue as reported here.

A couple quick tests indicate that the software now works as orginally described. Thank the developer(s) for the quick fix. I'll try some more scenarios later.

edited October 2023

I just saw the name with dot (*.xxx.png) issue was fixed... while haven't seen 'overwrite' issue was fixed.... Thanks but NM.. I've already rolled it back to version .80 .... Waiting for a 'better and neat' version if there will be...

SNAG-2023-10-26-0010.png
    1229 x 871 - 157K
    edited October 2023

After opening a scene from the Recents list, modifying it and resaving it, the next time I opened File>New, the old thumbnail for the resaved scene was still shown. I checked and verified that the thumbnail and tip file had been replaced when the file was resaved, but the new thumbnail is not shown in the reopened File>New. This is the complete scenario that I did:

1. File>New.
    2. Multi-select three scene files, staring with Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf.
    3. The contents of all three scenes were displayed merged in my viewport as expected. The filename shown was Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf as expected.
    4. (Go off and eat dinner, come back)
    5. Ctrl+N to execute File>New.
    6. Press enter to immediately open my default new scene as suggested in the forum.
    7. Accidently press enter again - oops, I think that told it I wanted to save the scene before loading the new one. I didn't really want to overwrite my scene with the combo of three scenes in this case.
    8. Ctrl+N again to reopen the File>New window to see if I made the mistake of saving the file like I thought I did.
    9. I see that the same old thumbnail is displayed for Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf, so I think that I did not overwrite it after all.
    10. Go to Windows Explorer and see that yes indeed, there is a new Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf as well as a new duf.png and a new tip.png that show that the file was overwritten.
    11. File>New again to see if the thumbnail has been updated.
    12. I see that no, the same old out of date thumbnail is still  displayed.
    13. Select the Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf and open it.
    14. Yes indeed, the file has been overwritten with the combo of three scenes. The File>New thumbnail is just wrong.

So, in summary, the fact that the scene file was overwritten was entirely my fault, but the fact that the thumbnail in File>New is out of date and misleading looks like a Daz Studio error. If a Recents file is resaved, the thumbnail in Recents should be updated.

(Don't feel bad for me for overwriting my scene. My scene data is automatically synced with my Synology NAS, and I easily recovered the scene from the previous version on the NAS.)

File-New Wrong Thumbnail.jpg
    1293 x 369 - 89K
    Post edited by barbult on

Are the thumbnails shown correctly in Content Library ?

crosswind said:

I don't save scenes in my library folder hierarchy. I save them to a separate folder location.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

I don't save scenes in my library folder hierarchy. I save them to a separate folder location.

Oh... you don't have a user Lib. So how do you browse  your saved scene files?

I generally just look at the names, or I can view by latge icons and recognize them visually, or I can look at renders and open the correspondingly named scene file. These all assume I want to reopen an existing scene to continue working on it.

barbult said:

I generally just look at the names, or I can view by latge icons and recognize them visually, or I can look at renders and open the correspondingly named scene file. These all assume I want to reopen an existing scene to continue working on it.

Nice ! enlightenedyes 

No more 'Parameter Settings ...' in the Render Settings/Environment panel (see pics)

DAZStudio_9hfqJSi3pL.jpg
    1061 x 731 - 166K
    DAZStudio_20PkIAwUcd.jpg
    1081 x 639 - 131K
    DAZStudio_GNStz3M9vc.jpg
    1173 x 345 - 108K
  • no__name said:

No more 'Parameter Settings ...' in the Render Settings/Environment panel (see pics)

To show Parameters Settings in the Environment pane, make sure the Environment Options node is selected in the Scene pane.

parametersettings.png
    1128 x 376 - 50K
    edited October 2023

He must've selected All or Env. group on the left or how could he see the properties and click the gear icon... And that's Render Settings pane rather than ...Options node in Scene pane...

But weird... Params. menu item lost...

• barbult said:

After opening a scene from the Recents list, modifying it and resaving it, the next time I opened File>New, the old thumbnail for the resaved scene was still shown. I checked and verified that the thumbnail and tip file had been replaced when the file was resaved, but the new thumbnail is not shown in the reopened File>New. This is the complete scenario that I did:

1. File>New.
    2. Multi-select three scene files, staring with Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf.
    3. The contents of all three scenes were displayed merged in my viewport as expected. The filename shown was Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf as expected.
    4. (Go off and eat dinner, come back)
    5. Ctrl+N to execute File>New.
    6. Press enter to immediately open my default new scene as suggested in the forum.
    7. Accidently press enter again - oops, I think that told it I wanted to save the scene before loading the new one. I didn't really want to overwrite my scene with the combo of three scenes in this case.
    8. Ctrl+N again to reopen the File>New window to see if I made the mistake of saving the file like I thought I did.
    9. I see that the same old thumbnail is displayed for Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf, so I think that I did not overwrite it after all.
    10. Go to Windows Explorer and see that yes indeed, there is a new Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf as well as a new duf.png and a new tip.png that show that the file was overwritten.
    11. File>New again to see if the thumbnail has been updated.
    12. I see that no, the same old out of date thumbnail is still  displayed.
    13. Select the Nathan 9 HD Finger To Lips_001.duf and open it.
    14. Yes indeed, the file has been overwritten with the combo of three scenes. The File>New thumbnail is just wrong.

So, in summary, the fact that the scene file was overwritten was entirely my fault, but the fact that the thumbnail in File>New is out of date and misleading looks like a Daz Studio error. If a Recents file is resaved, the thumbnail in Recents should be updated.

(Don't feel bad for me for overwriting my scene. My scene data is automatically synced with my Synology NAS, and I easily recovered the scene from the previous version on the NAS.)

What were your settings for thumbnails? Does the old thumbnail still exist, as well as the new?

• HamEinarHamEinar Posts: 108

Major brainfart here as I updated GoZ - but since I'm running 4.21.1.48 it no longer works... Anyone have access to GoZ for beta 4.21.1.48 installer?! I do not want to install and run the latest beta!

• DoctorJellybean said:

no__name said:

To show Parameters Settings in the Environment pane, make sure the Environment Options node is selected in the Scene pane.

I see Parameter Settings in the Parameters pane, with the node selected, but not in Render Settings, regardless of selection state.

• HamEinar said:

Major brainfart here as I updated GoZ - but since I'm running 4.21.1.48 it no longer works... Anyone have access to GoZ for beta 4.21.1.48 installer?! I do not want to install and run the latest beta!

Only Daz may give you the file. You could use the General reelase for GoZ purposes, or just export OBJ/import into ZBrush/Export from ZBrush/Import to DS.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Thank you. I guess there is no workaround yet for Render settings part. (Hope it's a bug and not intended, Render Settings/Environment panel was neat)

edited October 2023

HamEinar said:

I have... dated Nov of last year. But I have no way to share.