Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• crosswind said:

1. Slow performance when swithing tabs in New... dialogue;

Are you waiting for the notification areas to populate, or is the main aset selection area (which is functuional even before the notifications load) slow? How slow - it has to draw the thumbnails, of course, though we know from an earlier issue that they are cached.

2. Collapsed Store section is not 'memorized' in New... dialogue;

This is not a promised feature, in fact the description of the New dialogue says that the size wil reset though it doesn't explicitly say that the collapsed state will.

3. Issue sustains - Save as whatever Preset to overwrite existing duf file, 91x91 + tip. png files are not replaced.

Which - the tip, the main, or both? Did you report this?

PS : I really don't think it's a right time to update General Release...

• jd641 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Dolce Saito said:

Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a deliberate chnage which has been mentioned above and in the discussion of the new New dialogue, which is where the recent file list is now shown, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

Am I misunderstanding something here? The most important menu in the File dropdown to me is being removed? My workflow consists of opening and closing files constantly, work on something quickly, save a scene, File/Recent click, repeat x 20, the less clicks the better. This is the way I work and this is the way I want to continue to work. Before you say it's a small change, for me it won't be, my brain doesn't work like that. Don't do this to me, or at least let me know that I'm wrong about what's going on.

This new dialogue thing that's supposed to pop up when creating a new scene, I'll never use it, I use shortcuts, Cntr+n gets me a blank scene with 0 assets which is what I want, I don't want to open a screen that I'll never use just to get to the recent files I had with a single mouse click and .2 seconds of moving my cursor. I also don't want to see some stupid ad, I give DAZ enough money that should I want an ad free experience as a paying customer I should be able to have that.

ctrl N then enter will give a blank sene (or whatever you have set in Edit>Preferences>Scene).

The Dialogue remembers the last used tab, so if you switch to Recent Files you need do only ctrl N then double-click the desired entry in the list.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

New bug -: After clearing DSON cache in F2, all messy in New... dialogue - Templates tab...

I don't see it myself, all my templates are shown correctly.

All templates look correct for me after clearing DSON cache, too.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,268

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

New bug -: After clearing DSON cache in F2, all messy in New... dialogue - Templates tab...

Fine ~~ My fault - it's DSON cache irrelevant. I accidentally deleted the category: Templates, then it was all messy there. I have to say the coding could've been more robust... If 'templates' category is not found, show a messagebox or just list nothing...

barbult said:

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

All templates look correct for me after clearing DSON cache, too.

Yeh, never mind... I just happened to clear cache at the same time. Sorry for that ~ I should've tested more before posting... devil

edited November 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

crosswind said:

1. Slow performance when swithing tabs in New... dialogue;

Are you waiting for the notification areas to populate, or is the main aset selection area (which is functuional even before the notifications load) slow? How slow - it has to draw the thumbnails, of course, though we know from an earlier issue that they are cached.

I'm waiting for the assets' thumbnails show in the selection area. I can imagine it is inquirying and filtering the asset items with 'templates', 'scene'... etc. categories. Maybe 'cause there're too many asset items in my Lib, the process is delayed...

2. Collapsed Store section is not 'memorized' in New... dialogue;

This is not a promised feature, in fact the description of the New dialogue says that the size wil reset though it doesn't explicitly say that the collapsed state will.

Not really a big deal but that'll be really nice if it has such a feature...

3. Issue sustains - Save as whatever Preset to overwrite existing duf file, 91x91 + tip. png files are not replaced.

Which - the tip, the main, or both? Did you report this?

Both of png files... and it's easy to reproduce the issue. Yup, I reported this issue last week.

PS : I really don't think it's a right time to update General Release...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 672
    edited November 2023

Updated to the latest beta, and the thing w making a sphere a ghostlight, click on the make advanced iray node or what's it called, and a script is supposed to come to make it a ghost light doesn't work, no script. Is this a bug, or does that only work in the full 4.22? hope it will work in the beta, as I want to keep my 4.15 and I didn't save the download/installer. Thanks in advance for repliesheart. I use ghostlights to to light the characters face in every single render. 

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,966

tombraider4ever said:

Updated to the latest beta, and the thing w making a sphere a ghostlight, click on the make advanced iray node or what's it called, and a script is supposed to come to make it a ghost light doesn't work, no script. Is this a bug, or does that only work in the full 4.22? hope it will work in the beta, as I want to keep my 4.15 and I didn't save the download/installer. Thanks in advance for repliesheart. I use ghostlights to to light the characters face in every single render. 

Most of the times scripts gest broken in new releases. You have to ask the author of the script to update it to the new DAZ version or look for a different solution.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited November 2023

Imago said:

tombraider4ever said:

Most of the times scripts gest broken in new releases. You have to ask the author of the script to update it to the new DAZ version or look for a different solution.

Generally scripts do not break, nor do plug-ins.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • tombraider4ever said:

The new features are in the updated Default Resources product, but I don't know how well that will work in 4.15.x.x - what you coudl do is make sure you hae a copy of the current package, uninstall it, then install old and new vesions to different content  directories - then you can select the old version as a content directory for 4.15 and the new for 4.22.

• tombraider4ever said:

This post has been updated, which contain scripts

• Thanks for the repliesheart. It's the Create advance iray node properties script I mean, and it's using the latest beta, updated today. Do you mean that the latest beta uses my main 4.15's package? I don't understand what you mean, but aren't the beta supposed to work without having the main pro 4.22 installed? Sorry, have used daz for ys but a lot of it is still a mystery. I'm afraid that I if try what you suggested then my 4.15 will not work as it should as I will not know what I'm doing, as in doing something wrong. My problem is that I use the face light from one of Fabiana's light sets from another store, sorry to mention it, hope it's ok, and her light glow sphere, I use them in every single render and have for ys. I need both of those to work in the latest beta and not give noice dots as it did when I tried in the beta before this one, got noice dots from the glow sphere that were in the viewport, but made transparent, so ghostlight. I tried w adding a shere also, from primitives, thinking it's someth w her ghostlights, but same, no scripts about setting as ghostlight. 

edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thank you so much for the reply heart, I looked at that post but see no script though, just 3 scenes w 3 methods. Is there a script there somewhere? can't find it.

"attached are 3 versions of the same scene" doens't sound like a script, have looked through the post several times, see no scripts.

• tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Thank you so much for the reply heart, I looked at that post but see no script though, just 3 scenes w 3 methods. Is there a script there somewhere? can't find it.

"attached are 3 versions of the same scene" doens't sound like a script, have looked through the post several times, see no scripts.

Apologies, example scenes, not scripts.

• DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Apologies, example scenes, not scripts.

No problem, Thanks for trying to help heartheart . I'm rendering now, will try one of those scenes later and see if that makes that script work somehow. Not so likely.

• tombraider4ever said:

No problem, Thanks for trying to help 
    heartheart . I'm rendering now, will try one of those scenes later and see if that makes that script work somehow. Not so likely.

Before anybody gets confused, what version of DS are you using? If I understand it correctly, you have 4.15 installed, as well as this beta (4.22)?

edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

No problem, Thanks for trying to help 
    heartheart . I'm rendering now, will try one of those scenes later and see if that makes that script work somehow. Not so likely.

Before anybody gets confused, what version of DS are you using? If I understand it correctly, you have 4.15 installed, as well as this beta (4.22)?

I have the main pro 4.15 installed, but in this case I use the latest beta 4.22. So it's in 4.22 beta the script doesn't work. Haven't tried in 4.15 as in that ghostlights works perfectly, so no need.  

• pzrldraltpzrldralt Posts: 29
    edited November 2023

How do I get rid of this useless "New Scene" window? It's faster to just dump the program and reload it now. All in all it's a waste of time and resources. Also, scene icons do not update after a change. You have to save as a new scene and delete the old scene. Why would I have to do this? This is illogical.

Post edited by pzrldralt on
  • Managed to get a ghost light from Fabianas sets to work, in 4.22 beta,  NOT by using the script as that doesn't work, no script turns up, but I tried to cl some random things, no idea what I did lol, and turned down the opacity of the gh light a lot from the already low setting, and turned up the light strenght a lot, and It worked for some reason, as it gives light w no noice in the render. What I did to make it work? no idea. Will save the ghost lights as figure prop asset, then save as fav, so hopefully it will work later also, in darker scenes ect, in every scene. I still want that scrip to work though, was SO excited when I saw the video of that script that can make any meshlight work as ghostlight, so still wants a solution, if possible, so that magic script laughactually turns up when I select it in 4.22 beta. 

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,100
    edited November 2023

tombraider4ever said:

Managed to get a ghost light from Fabianas sets to work, in 4.22 beta,  NOT by using the script as that doesn't work, no script turns up, but I tried to cl some random things, no idea what I did lol, and turned down the opacity of the gh light a lot from the already low setting, and turned up the light strenght a lot, and It worked for some reason, as it gives light w no noice in the render. What I did to make it work? no idea. Will save the ghost lights as figure prop asset, then save as fav, so hopefully it will work later also, in darker scenes ect, in every scene. I still want that scrip to work though, was SO excited when I saw the video of that script that can make any meshlight work as ghostlight, so still wants a solution, if possible, so that magic script laughactually turns up when I select it in 4.22 beta. 

In 4.22 I created a sphere, select it in the Scene pane, find the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script in Scripts\Utilities and double-clicked it. This is what I get.  

IRayNode.png
    468 x 577 - 50K
    Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
    edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Managed to get a ghost light from Fabianas sets to work, in 4.22 beta,  NOT by using the script as that doesn't work, no script turns up, but I tried to cl some random things, no idea what I did lol, and turned down the opacity of the gh light a lot from the already low setting, and turned up the light strenght a lot, and It worked for some reason, as it gives light w no noice in the render. What I did to make it work? no idea. Will save the ghost lights as figure prop asset, then save as fav, so hopefully it will work later also, in darker scenes ect, in every scene. I still want that scrip to work though, was SO excited when I saw the video of that script that can make any meshlight work as ghostlight, so still wants a solution, if possible, so that magic script laughactually turns up when I select it in 4.22 beta. 

In 4.22 I created a sphere, select it in the Scene pane, find the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script in Scripts\Utilities and double-clicked it. This is what I get.  

Thanks, tried again, now instead of at products - default resources and finding it there I tried w finding it at scipts like you said, and I find it, says what you say, but NO script turns up when I cl, no matter how many time I cl. Tried w making a new sphere primitive - same. I have only 4.21 defalut recourses at dim, should it say 4.22 recourses insead? 

So strange, as I have the option to cl - create advanced.... the script should be there, right? so frustrating. Nothing happens when I cl that. nothing. 

• tombraider4ever said:

Thanks, tried again, now instead of at products - default resources and finding it there I tried w finding it at scipts like you said, and I find it, says what you say, but NO script turns up when I cl, no matter how many time I cl. Tried w making a new sphere primitive - same. I have only 4.21 defalut recourses at dim, should it say 4.22 recourses insead? 

So strange, as I have the option to cl - create advanced.... the script should be there, right? so frustrating. Nothing happens when I cl that. nothing. 

Yes, it should say  4.21+

Double-click the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script, then go to Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File. Scroll down to the end of the log and see what it says.

• DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Double-click the Create Advanced Iray Node Properties script, then go to Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File. Scroll down to the end of the log and see what it says.

Beyond strange - says :

2023-11-01 21:36:04.364 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse
    2023-11-01 21:36:04.366 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse

And no script to be seen. Nothing. But Daz thinks it's there.

• tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

2023-11-01 21:36:04.364 [INFO] :: Loading script: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse
    2023-11-01 21:36:04.366 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: D:/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Create Advanced Iray Node Properties.dse

Are you holding down the [Shift] key when executing that script?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_1#4_21_1_104

• tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

No dialogue to be seen - not no script (the script is running according to the log). It does look as if it is the old version, which didn't have a dialogue box - if you start with a new sphere selected in the scene and run the script does an Iray Matte then show in the Parameters pane with the sphere selected?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited November 2023

pzrldralt said:

How do I get rid of this useless "New Scene" window? It's faster to just dump the program and reload it now. All in all it's a waste of time and resources. Also, scene icons do not update after a change. You have to save as a new scene and delete the old scene. Why would I have to do this? This is illogical.

ctrl N followed by Enter/return will get you a default new scene (empty unless you have it set to load soemthing in Edit>Preferences>Scene).

Icons are being worked on - there is a workaround for a previous issue, but it isn't yet a full fix.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

Are you holding down the [Shift] key when executing that script?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_22_0_1#4_21_1_104

Tried that, same, no script.

• jd641jd641 Posts: 437

crosswind said:

jd641 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Dolce Saito said:

Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a deliberate chnage which has been mentioned above and in the discussion of the new New dialogue, which is where the recent file list is now shown, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

Am I misunderstanding something here? The most important menu in the File dropdown to me is being removed? My workflow consists of opening and closing files constantly, work on something quickly, save a scene, File/Recent click, repeat x 20, the less clicks the better. This is the way I work and this is the way I want to continue to work. Before you say it's a small change, for me it won't be, my brain doesn't work like that. Don't do this to me, or at least let me know that I'm wrong about what's going on.

This new dialogue thing that's supposed to pop up when creating a new scene, I'll never use it, I use shortcuts, Cntr+n gets me a blank scene with 0 assets which is what I want, I don't want to open a screen that I'll never use just to get to the recent files I had with a single mouse click and .2 seconds of moving my cursor. I also don't want to see some stupid ad, I give DAZ enough money that should I want an ad free experience as a paying customer I should be able to have that.

It's embedded in new 'New...' dialog.. If you ever saved a Layout, just load the latest one, you'll have Open Recent back...

As for Ctrl + N, a workaround -: you you can create a new empty scene, create a custom action for it and assign shortcut Ctrl + N to it.

I don't think I have, but if this is the only way to keep the one menu item I care about then I'll do it this way. How do I back up layouts?

• Richard Haseltine said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

Beyond strange - says :

No dialogue to be seen - not no script (the script is running according to the log). It does look as if it is the old version, which didn't have a dialogue box - if you start with a new sphere selected in the scene and run the script does an Iray Matte then show in the Parameters pane with the sphere selected?

Yes, it does, what to do w that? is that the settings that comes w the script, all it is, iray matte? do I set it to on or off?

• crosswind said:

DoctorJellybean said:

crosswind said:

Fine ~~ My fault - it's DSON cache irrelevant. I accidentally deleted the category: Templates, then it was all messy there. I have to say the coding could've been more robust... If 'templates' category is not found, show a messagebox or just list nothing...

That would conflict with https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654951/new-scene-workflow-in-app-notifications-daz-studio-4-21-1-91#expedited_workflows , which is aimed to address concerns with the dialogue interupting people's workflow.