Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,436
    edited October 2023

Imago said:

Ah, just found another one: The animation preview doesn't run smoothly, I have to move the cursor all over the props in the scene to have the preview running.

I reported that bug many months ago.

Reported December 30, 2022 00:17
    Reproduced by CS and reported to bug tracker February 02, 2023 14:34

This is part of my report:
    "This problem seems to happen when Play All Frames is not selected in the Timeline options in DS 4.21.1.26. In DS 4.21.1.05, the Timeline animation works just fine when Play All Frames is not selected. Something has changed for the worse between DS 4.21.1.05 and 4.21.1.26."

Post edited by barbult on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,268
    edited October 2023

Imago said:

@Crosswind:

Yes, you can copy-paste keyframes but everything gets really bad. Try making a complex (not a simple arm moving) animation on a char and then to copy-paste the keyframes to another part of the timelime.
    About the keyframes, I can move them freely in 4.12... Why I can't do that in 4.21?
    The "play all frame" IS saved on my layout as active. When I load 4.12 all works fine, when loadind 4.21 I have to reactivate it at every run.
    The Graph pane used to grab filtered parameters fine in 4.12, it's what "Listen to parameters" option should do normally.

I don't understand that "hidden item the deleted" thing... What are you referring at?

Ok, I'll make some complex animated range and furthere test Copy/Paste.

On my side, even with some HD mesh and high smoothing iterations on the wearables etc. it's a bit slow but not that slow when frame select multiple keyframes and drag freely on the timeline. Pls further check and experiment.

As for Play All Frames, you may check - Go to %AppData%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\. Find a file 'layout.dsx', open it with Notepa++, search 'DzTimePane', there should be a coding line - ' <Setting Type="Bool" Key="PlayAllFrames">yes</Setting> ', as attached. If it's missing, you just insert the coding line. (as attached screenshot)

For the hidden item.... If you hide an item, let's say a camera in Scene Pane, you can still see the camera on the time line. Then you delete it. it's gone from both Scene pane and timeline, then Ctrl + Z, the camera will be back to the scene pane but not on the timeline... You have to: unhide it, delete, Ctrl + Z...

And sorry, I really lost my memory  when I used 4.12, ahaha ~~laugh

SNAG-2023-10-27-0032.png
    945 x 1002 - 116K
    Post edited by crosswind on

barbult said:

Imago said:

Ah, just found another one: The animation preview doesn't run smoothly, I have to move the cursor all over the props in the scene to have the preview running.

I reported that bug many months ago.

Reported December 30, 2022 00:17
    Reproduced by CS and reported to bug tracker February 02, 2023 14:34

This is part of my report:
    "This problem seems to happen when Play All Frames is not selected in the Timeline options in DS 4.21.1.26. In DS 4.21.1.05, the Timeline animation works just fine when Play All Frames is not selected. Something has changed for the worse between DS 4.21.1.05 and 4.21.1.26."

Same experience... 

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,966

crosswind said:

For the hidden item.... If you hide an item, let's say a camera in Scene Pane, you can still see the camera on the time line. Then you delete it. it's gone from both Scene pane and timeline, then Ctrl + Z, the camera will be back to the scene pane but not on the timeline... You have to: unhide it, delete, Ctrl + Z...

I didn't mention anything about hidden props... I still don't get this, sorry.

@Barbult

I'm still stuck on 4.12.0.86 so a lot went worse in the meantime. I'm hoping in DAZ Studio 5 to finally have some good animation tools.

Imago said:

crosswind said:

I didn't mention anything about hidden props... I still don't get this, sorry.

You didn't mention that bug... I mention it - 'delete hidden item and undo....' issue. Then you said you didn't understand that issue...

crosswind said:

You didn't mention that bug... I mention it - 'delete hidden item and undo....' issue. Then you said you didn't understand that issue...

Ah, sorry! My bad!

So, another bug for us animators. Great.

About the moving around bug, do you really manage to move around the root keyframes without any workaround?

Please, try this: Start a new scene and load any char or create any primitive, then move them in any way to create the root keyframe in frame zero. Now, with the timeline completely collapsed, select that first keyframe and drag it to the end of the timeline. Do you really can do that?

Imago said:

crosswind said:

Ah, sorry! My bad!

So, another bug for us animators. Great.

About the moving around bug, do you really manage to move around the root keyframes without any workaround?

Please, try this: Start a new scene and load any char or create any primitive, then move them in any way to create the root keyframe in frame zero. Now, with the timeline completely collapsed, select that first keyframe and drag it to the end of the timeline. Do you really can do that?

Yeah, it can be done but you have to first uncheck 'Others' in the dropdown list of Types, just leave TRSAH there. Then the root node of keyframe could be dragged. Because with Properties, it could not be dragged... and if you drag in this way, the properties will 'follow' as well.

crosswind said:

Yeah, it can be done but you have to first uncheck 'Others' in the dropdown list of Types, just leave TRSAH there. Then the root node of keyframe could be dragged. Because with Properties, it could not be dragged... and if you drag in this way, the properties will 'follow' as well

What about Pose Controls, Visemes, morphing and all the other things that are under that label? What when I have a lipsynch on my char or a very specific sequence of morphs and expressions? Animation isn't just moving the arms or the legs.

In 4.12 I can move everything at once, in 4.21 I have to use tricks and do three separate steps to do the same. It's a bug, nothing else.

Imago said:

crosswind said:

Yeah, it can be done but you have to first uncheck 'Others' in the dropdown list of Types, just leave TRSAH there. Then the root node of keyframe could be dragged. Because with Properties, it could not be dragged... and if you drag in this way, the properties will 'follow' as well

What about Pose Controls, Visemes, morphing and all the other things that are under that label? What when I have a lipsynch on my char or a very specific sequence of morphs and expressions? Animation isn't just moving the arms or the legs.

In 4.12 I can move everything at once, in 4.21 I have to use tricks and do three separate steps to do the same. It's a bug, nothing else.

There's no problem with Pose Controls, no problem with Mojo or FaceMotions (I've only used these 2 FaceCap products) , for instance, make my figure sings, since 4.15 I remember. I don't know other stuff....

@ Crosswind:

You are describing workarounds for something that should be fully functional. It's called a bug in my country.

And the necessity of those workarounds are the proof the tool is bugged and needs a fix. Period.

Imago said:

@ Crosswind:

You are describing workarounds for something that should be fully functional. It's called a bug in my country.

And the necessity of those workarounds are the proof the tool is bugged and needs a fix. Period.

I have nothing to say... but pls be patient. We were just exchanging exp. and info. rather than arguing for some concepts, right ?

crosswind said:

I have nothing to say... but pls be patient. We were just exchanging exp. and info. rather than arguing for some concepts, right ?

Yes, I know, my apologies for being bitter. I just hope these bugs could be fixed soon, I'm stuck on 4.12 since long.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I am told that it is possible to add the Parameter Setings back in, subject to the caveat about the chnages not perssiting, but I can't actually see how - Parameter Settings is in Window>Workspace>Customise under Styled Properties, but I am not sure where it needs to go (Render Settings Pane context seems the obvious choice, but the emnu won't appear when right-clicking in the pane).

The Change log indicates which Property Options menu is used for which views:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_83

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_86

image_2023_10_27T17_04_07_538Z.png
    646 x 632 - 55K
    edited October 2023

Imago said:

crosswind said:

Yes, I know, my apologies for being bitter. I just hope these bugs could be fixed soon, I'm stuck on 4.12 since long.

No problem ~~ I'm pretty sure that I understand your feeling and expectation.  cool

Post edited by crosswind on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

I asked at the common section but was asked to ask here instead, here's my post:

I use 4.15, but lately I downloaded the latest beta to be able to work w daz at the same time as it was working some clothes conversions. I loved the ground fog thing. So trying to render but to my horror there is no way to set the highest value of max samples and max time, I cl on th gear thing and get locked or unlocked, hide un hide, fav or no fav, re set the value to the default I guess, but no parameter editor to set a Way HIGHER highest value. I always set both of those at a very high value, no idea what it does, but that has served me perfectly for all my ys using daz. Now there is no way to edit the default highest value, so daz 4.21 decides my highest max value and time?? forces me? Would be so grateful for some help w this, as I loved the ground fog so much, so I want to be able to use it in some renders, but if I can't set my own render settings the way I want in my art, then f..k ground fog. But as I said, I would love to find out a way around this. What to do? if it's a beta only thing then I have to be without that fog, as I want to keep my 4.15 and I don't think I have the installer anymore for it. Thanks in advance for help w thisheart. Daz is serious business for me so panicking right now. 

Googling tells me that no one but me have every had this issue, as I find no recult for it, no help. Have they really removed the parameters editor for max samples and max time?

One can still change the Max Time and Max Samples settings (as well as the others), just click the numbers and change it to whatever you like (max setting for max samples is 15000).

Thanks, but my problem is that I want, like before, set my value to whatever I want, for max samples and max time.

• tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

I asked at the common section but was asked to ask here instead, here's my post:

I use 4.15, but lately I downloaded the latest beta to be able to work w daz at the same time as it was working some clothes conversions. I loved the ground fog thing. So trying to render but to my horror there is no way to set the highest value of max samples and max time, I cl on th gear thing and get locked or unlocked, hide un hide, fav or no fav, re set the value to the default I guess, but no parameter editor to set a Way HIGHER highest value. I always set both of those at a very high value, no idea what it does, but that has served me perfectly for all my ys using daz. Now there is no way to edit the default highest value, so daz 4.21 decides my highest max value and time?? forces me? Would be so grateful for some help w this, as I loved the ground fog so much, so I want to be able to use it in some renders, but if I can't set my own render settings the way I want in my art, then f..k ground fog. But as I said, I would love to find out a way around this. What to do? if it's a beta only thing then I have to be without that fog, as I want to keep my 4.15 and I don't think I have the installer anymore for it. Thanks in advance for help w thisheart. Daz is serious business for me so panicking right now. 

Googling tells me that no one but me have every had this issue, as I find no recult for it, no help. Have they really removed the parameters editor for max samples and max time?

One can still change the Max Time and Max Samples settings (as well as the others), just click the numbers and change it to whatever you like (max setting for max samples is 15000).

Thanks, but my problem is that I want, like before, set my value to whatever I want, for max samples and max time.

You can, just click the numbers and change it.

RenderSettings.png
    475 x 490 - 47K
  • DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

I believe the goal is to be able to set it to a higher value than the current max, without setting it to be unlimited.

• DoctorJellybean said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I am told that it is possible to add the Parameter Setings back in, subject to the caveat about the chnages not perssiting, but I can't actually see how - Parameter Settings is in Window>Workspace>Customise under Styled Properties, but I am not sure where it needs to go (Render Settings Pane context seems the obvious choice, but the emnu won't appear when right-clicking in the pane).

The Change log indicates which Property Options menu is used for which views:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_83

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_86

Hmm, not sure how I'd missed those - I was prepared to believe it was a failure to run Update and Merge Menus, but they are already there. Thank you.

• Richard Haseltine said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

tombraider4ever said:

I believe the goal is to be able to set it to a higher value than the current max, without setting it to be unlimited.

The max setting for Max Time is 259200 secs, which equates to 4320 minutes\72 hours. Setting it to 0 is unlimited.

• crosswind said:

tombraider4ever said:

No worry, pls follow my trick as above. There's no bug could not be fixed... I'm also learning how to be patient.... and there're always some workaround. smiley

Thank you so much for the reply, will try this, so very kind of you, can I do the same for max time? thanks in advance for a reply heartsmiley .

tombraider4ever said:

crosswind said:

tombraider4ever said:

No worry, pls follow my trick as above. There's no bug could not be fixed... I'm also learning how to be patient.... and there're always some workaround. smiley

Thank you so much for the reply, will try this, so very kind of you, can I do the same for max time? thanks in advance for a reply heartsmiley 

Oh, I never use that way but I think you still must set a -1 there to Max Samples, then they could be both endless, haha ~~ devil

I'm disheartened that in spite of this official Daz description of the notification sidebar, it has already gone from "targeted at education and/or inspiration" to a straight up store sales advertisement for the latest character release. frown That took less than a week!

Sidebar

Notifications displayed in this area are targeted at education and/or inspiration. It will have a tendency to be more visual, with fewer/simpler calls to action - such as callouts for tutorials, blogs, galleries, etc.

• Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

• Dolce Saito said:

Just came here, looked there and there but couldn't see this: Am I the only one that has missing "open recent" in the file menu?

Despite clicking merge menu&workspace after latest beta update, that expandable menu is completely gone from file menu. Any ideas?

Yes, this is a deliberate chnage which has been mentioned above and in the discussion of the new New dialogue, which is where the recent file list is now shown, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8392406/#Comment_8392406

• felisfelis Posts: 3,884

Am I missing something.

I create a cube, and move it around and set keyframes at 0, 10, 20 and 30.

Then I click 'play' and the cube moved some keyframes, then pauses, then moving some more keyframes and pauses, and so on. The pauses can be 10-20 seconds, so playing the whole (30 frames) can take quite a while.

• felis said:

Am I missing something.

Then I click 'play' and the cube moved some keyframes, then pauses, then moving some more keyframes and pauses, and so on. The pauses can be 10-20 seconds, so playing the whole (30 frames) can take quite a while.

I see this, very peculiar - I would think it was a bug, so please report it.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,884

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

Am I missing something.

Done. 

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

Am I missing something.

This sounds like what we just discussed in this thread a couple days ago. I think it is a bug I reported in December 2022 that has not been fixed.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited October 2023

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

Am I missing something.

This sounds like what we just discussed in this thread a couple days ago. I think it is a bug I reported in December 2022 that has not been fixed.

Sory, if so - I didn't understand it that way. This is, however, neew behaviour to me and I do fairly often do simple moving primitive animations as a way to test issues reproted in the froum (or to make sure my replies work) so if it is the same issue I suspect it has spread. Edit: Just checked and play All Frames is unchecked in both release and beta builds, so it isn't that that has suddenly changed itself.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

Am I missing something.

Sory, if so - I didn't understand it that way. This is, however, neew behaviour to me and I do fairly often do simple moving primitive animations as a way to test issues reproted in the froum (or to make sure my replies work) so if it is the same issue I suspect it has spread. Edit: Just checked and play All Frames is unchecked in both release and beta builds, so it isn't that that has suddenly changed itself.

When I reported my animation problem, I was not using a cube, so I can't verify that a primitive exhibited the problem as far back as the 4.21.1.26 beta last December. I was using Genesis 9 Dev Load character, which is also a single mesh. When I animated the Genesis 9 Dev Load, the animation playback stuttered and stalled in the beta. If I jiggled the cursor around in the viewport, the animation would resume and then pause again shortly after I stopped moving the cursor in the viewport. The same animation played smoothly all the time in the general release 4.21.0.5. All this was with play all frames unchecked in both DS versions.

The help request I submitted is Request #428090. It has an attached video of the problem. Customer Service said they reproduced my issue and reported it to the devs, but that they would not get any response, and I would have to watch the change log to see if they addressed it. The same problem still occurs in 4.21.1.108.

So, I wonder, what does Daz say is supposed to happen when play all frames is unchecked?  Is the stuttering animation the intended behavior now, or an unaddressed bug?