Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.0.15! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

RonGC said:

OK tried with the first character female loaded worked fine, loaded a second character male, as a new character but it is using the data from another character's data, so it has that character's female data instead, of a male. tried several things including clearing caches, restarting etc. still the same problem. on MacOS

it's not loading in new character data now its adding in female only. something is extremely screwed on character imports.

Genesis 9 peoples?

• Updated today to version 4.22 01 and it crashes whenever I try to render.  Anyone with similar issue?  Any fixes?  I am using Windows 11 64 bit.  Did'nt have a problem with the 4.22 update yesterday but it seems the problem is with the lastest update. Thanks

• Paul_P said:

Updated today to version 4.22 01 and it crashes whenever I try to render.  Anyone with similar issue?  Any fixes?  I am using Windows 11 64 bit.  Did'nt have a problem with the 4.22 update yesterday but it seems the problem is with the lastest update. Thanks

There isn't a new version, 4.22.0.1 is the only 4.22 there has been as a General release of Public Build. The main cause of crashing is Out of Touch hairs, where their cistom hair shader has a map assigned to Transmitted Colour - could this be the issue?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,961

Richard Haseltine said:

Ctrl N then enter will load whatever your default on new scene may be - blank if nothing is set in Edit>Preferences>Scene (Daz Studio>Preferences>Scene on Mac)

It still gives me that invasive, slow popup. I want to create a new scene without the need to open that window, please.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,133
    edited November 2023

Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ctrl N then enter will load whatever your default on new scene may be - blank if nothing is set in Edit>Preferences>Scene (Daz Studio>Preferences>Scene on Mac)

It still gives me that invasive, slow popup. I want to create a new scene without the need to open that window, please.

Another simple way is to create a Script to clear the scene ( Scene.clear(); ). Create a custom action with Ctrl + N shortcut re-assignment. But it's not a 'template' based "New...", it's up to you...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

Another simple way is to create a Script to clear the scene ( Scene.clear(); ). Create a custom action with Ctrl + N shortcut re-assignment. But it's not a 'template' based "New...", it's up to you...

It simply wipes the elements and doesn't give me any warning about saving any modifications I could have done to the scene like the "new" function does.

If there's any way to make a script that checks the status of the scene to see there's any changes (or simply prompts the user to choose to save or not) and then wipes everything would be nice, someone knows how to do that?

Imago said:

crosswind said:

It simply wipes the elements and doesn't give me any warning about saving any modifications I could have done to the scene like the "new" function does.

If there's any way to make a script that checks the status of the scene to see there's any changes (or simply prompts the user to choose to save or not) and then wipes everything would be nice, someone knows how to do that?

Oh... Ctrl + S beforehand. Or check scene node and undo stack, etc. etc. A script expert is needed. devil

• Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Just hittin enter should work, you don't need to wait for the dialogue to finish populating (though it dos take a moment for the dialogue to appear to take input - but that is very brief, especially if you are already getting a save or cancel prompt).

We need a checkbox for that in F2

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,416

Richard Haseltine said:

Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Just hittin enter should work, you don't need to wait for the dialogue to finish populating (though it dos take a moment for the dialogue to appear to take input - but that is very brief, especially if you are already getting a save or cancel prompt).

The problem I had with the quick "hit enter" procedure is that I would sometimes accidently hit enter twice, which answered yes to the prompt about whether I wanted to save my current scene. I didn't want to, but too late by then. I made this mistake twice, so twice I had to recover previously saved scenes from backup. Of course, the error was mine by bouncing on the enter key. It was not a bug in Daz Studio. Still, at least for me, this can be a dangerous option when you are trying to act fast. We miss the good old days of simple direct menu interaction.

• edited November 2023

After updating to 4.22, I am also having a problem with Daz crashing to desktop whenever I attempt an Iray preview or render. I'm including the error message and a copy of my log file. I'm running a Ryzen 9 5950X 16 core processor with 12 threads enabled, 128 GB RAM, Win11 64 Home, and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 GPU with 12GB VRAM.

Any suggestions for how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_231103-141254.zip
    txt
    txt
    log.txt
    Post edited by stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 on
  • stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

After updating to 4.22, I am also having a problem with Daz crashing to desktop whenever I attempt an Iray preview or render. I'm including the error message and a copy of my log file. I'm running a Ryzen 9 5950X 16 core processor with 12 threads enabled, 128 GB RAM, Win10 64 Home, and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 GPU with 12GB VRAM.

What does your scene contains? Same scene or different scenes?

• edited November 2023

DoctorJellybean said:

stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

After updating to 4.22, I am also having a problem with Daz crashing to desktop whenever I attempt an Iray preview or render. I'm including the error message and a copy of my log file. I'm running a Ryzen 9 5950X 16 core processor with 12 threads enabled, 128 GB RAM, Win10 64 Home, and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 GPU with 12GB VRAM.

I've been able to render very simple scenes, but any time I'm using 3 or more G8s, it crashes. This particular scene has 3 G8s and a kitbash of several older environments in it in order to make a salvage yard. 

...Also, I'm an idiot- I said Win10 Home; I meant Win11 Home.

Post edited by stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 on

DoctorJellybean said:

I've been able to render very simple scenes, but any time I'm using 3 or more G8s, it crashes. This particular scene has 3 G8s and a kitbash of several older environments in it in order to make a salvage yard. 

Are you using an OOT hair by any chance? Are the NVIDIA drivers up to date?

• DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Ah! That explains it- I thought I wasn't, but apparently the Classic Bob Hair is an OOT hair. Is it an issue with the textures or with the geometry, do you know? Because I could change the textures easily enough.

DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Ah! That explains it- I thought I wasn't, but apparently the Classic Bob Hair is an OOT hair. Is it an issue with the textures or with the geometry, do you know? Because I could change the textures easily enough.

Select the hair, look in the Surfaces pane for the Transmitted Color property. If it contains a map, remove it. Most of the OOT hairs have been fixed, some might have fallen between the cracks.

• DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Select the hair, look in the Surfaces pane for the Transmitted Color property. If it contains a map, remove it. Most of the OOT hairs have been fixed, some might have fallen between the cracks.

That fixed it! Thanks, man. Good lookin' out. 

DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

DoctorJellybean said:

That fixed it! Thanks, man. Good lookin' out. 

It is, as I recall, a shared file - so if you installed an unfixed hair last, using DIM/Daz Central/manual - or if you have hairs installed to multiple content directories and DS finds the unfixed file first, or if it grabs an unfixed files from all the installed products if you use Connect then you will get the issue with all OOT hairs, regardless of whether or not they have been updated. If you use DIM etc., check for a fixed file (it should be in the readme) and reinstall that to try to overwrite the bad shared file.

barbult said:

Still, at least for me, this can be a dangerous option when you are trying to act fast. We miss the good old days of simple direct menu interaction.

Right, I fully agree.

That new feature has some nice options, but still I don't like it to appear constantly on my interface. An option to turn it off when needed would be extremely nice. Also, please, make DAZ Studio work offline like before, I don't like it sucking my data in the background if I'm not logged to my DAZ3D account.

• Imago said:

Also, please, make DAZ Studio work offline like before, I don't like it sucking my data in the background if I'm not logged to my DAZ3D account.

What are you referring to?

DoctorJellybean said:

When I start DAZ Studio 4.22, my firewall tells me that DAZ Studio is attempting to connect to some server to download the pics and some other kind of data for the new popup window we are discussing here, even if I don't have that window open. I'm sure the Auto-login option is set to off, so it's that new window which is requesting access to the net.

• Imago said:

DoctorJellybean said:

When I start DAZ Studio 4.22, my firewall tells me that DAZ Studio is attempting to connect to some server to download the pics and some other kind of data for the new popup window we are discussing here, even if I don't have that window open. I'm sure the Auto-login option is set to off, so it's that new window which is requesting access to the net.

Daz Studio sends no information to Daz unless the user is logged in (in which case it only sends the username/password that the user entered in order to retrieve product information for the account), or the user has elected to participate in the "Daz Studio Improvement Program" (in which case the information sent is anonymized). In-app notifications are a pull, not a push. 

• DoctorJellybean said:

Imago said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Daz Studio sends no information to Daz unless the user is logged in (in which case it only sends the username/password that the user entered in order to retrieve product information for the account), or the user has elected to participate in the "Daz Studio Improvement Program" (in which case the information sent is anonymized). In-app notifications are a pull, not a push. 

Are you sure you are seeing an external connection, not the local connection to PostgreSQL (which uses Intenet Protocol).

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you sure you are seeing an external connection, not the local connection to PostgreSQL (which uses Intenet Protocol).

Yes, I'm sure it isn't the database's connection. If I deny the permission to connect in the firewall popup, the Smart Content works fine while I can't connect to my account from inside DAZ Studio.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Getting this weird alpha issue a lot now. It's like people are turning into a portal to the outside of the environment somehow lol.

• Imago said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, I'm sure it isn't the database's connection. If I deny the permission to connect in the firewall popup, the Smart Content works fine while I can't connect to my account from inside DAZ Studio.

As noted here, DS wil try to get the default (non-personalised) notifications on launch of the New dialogue (if not logged in) or the personalised ones (if logged in)  - though those should not generally be a lot of data, even if they have changed https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654951/new-scene-workflow-in-app-notifications-daz-studio-4-21-1-91#in-app_notification.

• fmccfmcc Posts: 2
    edited November 2023

Briefly installed 4.22 today, have now restored 4.21.05 from backup.

Back to back comparision of IRAY render of same scene, same settings, same PC using a 3090:
    Daz 4.21: 2022 iterations, 1.038s init, 1215.151s render
    Daz 4.22: 2306 iterations, 7.408s init, 1555.817s render

Additionally, I use Natural Eyes II on the 8.1 model being rendered in the scene and the sclera is noticably less white, rest of the scene looks exactly the same. Have attached images for comparision, 4.21 on left 4.22 on right.

On a positive note I can confirm it loads scenes in about 85% of the time of 4.21...

Daz 4.21.png
    143 x 86 - 21K
    Daz 4.22.png
    124 x 87 - 17K
    Post edited by fmcc on
  • tedharris600tedharris600 Posts: 22
    edited November 2023

TheKD said:

Getting this weird alpha issue a lot now. It's like people are turning into a portal to the outside of the environment somehow lol.

Hello,

I am having the same problem.

Certain Genesis 8 textures from downloaded or purchased characters show the checkerboard pattern when rendered in Iray, but not in Iray preview.

I am using Daz Studio version 4.21.1.80 64 bit.

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with all updates.

I have an AMD 5950X cpu and an Nvidia 3060 gpu.  I am using the Nvidia driver 537.58.

I discovered that turning translucency weight to 0 removes the checkerboard pattern, but the character looks radically different.

The default Genesis 8 textures don’t seem to exhibit this problem.

Another person posted a similar problem, "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/652991/checkerboard-pattern-on-skin", but his solution (rendering with the Dome and Scene setting) didn't work for me.

Thank you for your help.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • M-CM-C Posts: 102
    edited November 2023

tedharris600 said:

TheKD said:

Hello,

Certain Genesis 8 textures from downloaded or purchased characters show the checkerboard pattern when rendered in Iray, but not in Iray preview.

I have an AMD 5950X cpu and an Nvidia 3060 gpu.  I am using the Nvidia driver 537.58.

I discovered that turning translucency weight to 0 removes the checkerboard pattern, but the character looks radically different.

Another person posted a similar problem, "https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/652991/checkerboard-pattern-on-skin", but his solution (rendering with the Dome and Scene setting) didn't work for me.

Thank you for your help.

I´ve had this happening several DAZ Studio iterations before. Can´t exactly remember when it occured the first time but it´s probably about a year ago.

In my case it had something to do with spectral rendering. I never found the culprit but since I stoped using spectral mode, I didn´t see that happening again.

Post edited by M-C on
  • tedharris600tedharris600 Posts: 22
    edited November 2023

M-C said:

tedharris600 said:

TheKD said:

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I´ve had this happening several DAZ Studio iterations before. Can´t exactly remember when it occured the first time but it´s probably about a year ago.

In my case it had something to do with spectral rendering. I never found the culprit but since I stoped using spectral mode, I didn´t see that happening again.

I am not using spectral mode, and I still have the problem.

I discovered that turning on Spectral mode reduces the problem a bit.  Rendering in Interactive Biased mode instead of Photoreal mode does not have the problem

Thank you.

Post edited by tedharris600 on