Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,507
    edited November 2022

NorthOf45 said:

New orange banner promo: $5 off any DO > $7. Coupon code has a space in it, works much better without it.

Not a good replacement for the missing "Early Savings' offer because:

1) It only works for DAZ originals

2) It is only good once.

Again, please reinstate the 'Early Savings' $5 off $15 offer.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,328

Wasn't implying it was a replacement, just that the code was wrong. But, yeah, pretty flimsy deal. Usable once over the next three days.

• Thanks for the screenshot Charlie!

• LindaBLindaB Posts: 169

The $5 off $15 didn't work,and now neither does the $5 off on one DAZ original.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,334

The DAZ Original code does work, you have to remove the space. It also seems to want the original price to be over 7 dollars, not the discounted, so I managed to get a 4.99 PC+ item for free.

• NorthOf45 said:

New orange banner promo: $5 off any DO > $7. Coupon code has a space in it, works much better without it.

Thanks for that, I came here to complain about the code not working. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,816

I was gonna purchase about $56 worth of stuff (none of it from the flash sales). Came back to my cart and the price had jumped into the 90s. Bye Daz.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,820

NorthOf45 said:

Thank you, this was helpful!

• DanaTA said:

Charlie Judge said:

The 'Early Black Friday Savings' orange banner message which gave $5 off a $15 purchase stated that the offer ended at 23:59 MST on 10 November. However, the message is no longer in my messages and the offer no longer works. Please fix ASAP before the other sales end 

Yeah, my banner vanished, too!  I don't think it's midnight there yet.

Dana 

No it isn't Daz midnight yet; it's almost 7pm in Utah.

I wasn't thrilled with the $5 off $15+ Early Black Friday because it wouldn't stack with Daz+ coupons so this makes me really unhappy. Oh well, looks like $5 survey store credit plus $6 off DO coupon will be a better deal for what I wanted to get.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,602

Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

Not a good replacement for the missing "Early Savings' offer because:

1) It only works for DAZ originals

2) It is only good once.

Again, please reinstate the 'Early Savings' $5 off $15 offer.

you forgot 3. And it works like this . . . And although I do appreciate the banners, I'll never understand Daz Math.
    2022-11-10 DAZ MATH.JPG
    1925 x 644 - 141K
  • Charlie Judge said:

NorthOf45 said:

DanaTA said:

Charlie Judge said:

The 'Early Black Friday Savings' orange banner message which gave $5 off a $15 purchase stated that the offer ended at 23:59 MST on 10 November. However, the message is no longer in my messages and the offer no longer works. Please fix ASAP before the other sales end 

Yeah, my banner vanished, too!  I don't think it's midnight there yet.

Dana 

Gone here, too. ....

If it hasn't been done already, would some kind mod please will report it. 

And still no word on this ! angry Dumping my cart in disgust and taking my pennies to the Rendo clearance sale. 

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Mouser said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Mouser said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Mouser said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Mouser said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned already.

The Simplify your Creative Flow discounts (20%) are not working for the featured Artists.

https://www.daz3d.com/creative-flow

Not sure about any of the other options.

Are you using the linked category, for dForce PA items - it isn't for all of the PA items from today's featured artists.

Yes I'm using the link.

Looking now the discount seems to be applying but it is only 61%

[58 + 20 = 78%] unless I'm counting wrong its still not being applied properly?

That is not how percentages combine. 58% off is multiplying by 0.42, 20% off is mutliplying by 0.8, 0.8*0.42 is 0.336 which rounds to 0.34, 66% off. or to put it another way, it's 20% off 58% off - 58% off leaves 42%, 20% of that is 8.4% of the base price which rounds to 8%, 8% plus 58% is 66%.

That may be but the discount I am getting is only 61% and not 66% 

That sounds like an extra 10% - is it perhaps the Early Black Friday offer? What is in your cart?

Well the sale is over so no longer relevent, I guess Daz does not want money. 

I stand corrected the sale was there but now there is no discount beyond the 58%

First the flow discount is not there, then it is but not correctly and now its gone again.

The store is changing its mind literaly day by day, if its going to be wrong at least be consistant about it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,773
    edited November 2022

...yeah not happy about this as well.  Was setting up a cart to use this and when I saw what I had in the cart wasn't discounted after it exceeded 15$ went back to find the offer now only relates to a single Daz-O item over 7$.that "supposedly" expires on the 13th (like the first one was supposed to do tonight at zero hour "Daz Time").

Also as I mentioned if coupons or other discounts don't apply to such offers, that needs to be stated so in the description.  

This kind of inconsistent rubbish does more to discourage rather than encourage shopping here.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ShimrianShimrian Posts: 517

Charlie Judge said:

ericolsen said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of that $5 off $15 message that has now disappeared?  If I make a purchase and then contact support for a five dollar credit I'd like to have a screenshot to go along with it. 

I was really bummed by this. I had planned to buy >$15 today, but the offer is gone so I guess I won't.

• Shimrian said:

Charlie Judge said:

ericolsen said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of that $5 off $15 message that has now disappeared?  If I make a purchase and then contact support for a five dollar credit I'd like to have a screenshot to go along with it. 

I was really bummed by this. I had planned to buy >$15 today, but the offer is gone so I guess I won't.

I believe they will honor it still and give you store credit back if you submit a ticket, I proceeded with a purchase on that basis. Seems like a black and white issue to me, it's in writing that the offer is good until midnight.
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Trying to use the new coupon on an item, and it's not working. The page refreshes quickly now after this message, so had to be quick to get the screenshot.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479
    edited November 2022

@Sevrin you have to removed the space between FIVE and OFF. Just another of the many advertising errors.

Post edited by barbult on
  • Sevrin said:

Trying to use the new coupon on an item, and it's not working. The page refreshes quickly now after this message, so had to be quick to get the screenshot.

Take out the space between Five and Off and it should work.
  • Sevrin said:

The correct code is FIVEOFF. There should not be any space between FIVE and OFF. 

ericolsen said:

Shimrian said:

Charlie Judge said:

ericolsen said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of that $5 off $15 message that has now disappeared?  If I make a purchase and then contact support for a five dollar credit I'd like to have a screenshot to go along with i

I believe they will honor it still and give you store credit back if you submit a ticket, I proceeded with a purchase on that basis. Seems like a black and white issue to me, it's in writing that the offer is good until midnight.

.....we shouldn't have to be forced to deal with the process of writing and sumbitting a support ticket.  This should have been fixed by now as s it's been an issue since very early today (Thurs.) The simplest solution would be to extend the offer for and extra day to make up for the error. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,142

OK, tried the Municipal Building.  Priced at $7.99.  It's over $7.  Used the coupon code FIVEOFF.  Error: Invalid coupon!  I did not have a space in there!  It was in my wishlist and it was on the page that the "Shop Now" button opened.  So even the valid code did not work!  Oh, well.

Dana

DanaTA said:

OK, tried the Municipal Building.  Priced at $7.99.  It's over $7.  Used the coupon code FIVEOFF.  Error: Invalid coupon!  I did not have a space in there!  It was in my wishlist and it was on the page that the "Shop Now" button opened.  So even the valid code did not work!  Oh, well.

Dana

Still new... 

edited November 2022

...correction, forgot about that.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

..another example of a losing proposal is the current (Thursday) Flash sale where you can reduce the cost of the items by 1$ each if you purchase any "new release"  The only qualifying item I could fid that I wanted was 4.99$ which meant I was paying an extra 3$ to get a 2$ discount on each of the two items in my cart (wasn't much to choose from).

This happens all the time with other sales that require you to buy one or more fairly expensive daily new releases (even a bundle) to get an additional 5% or 10% discount . A classic case of diminishing returns unless you are a really big spender here.

• Guys, I guess I am cured ;-)

What I could not handle myself the Gen9- and Shop-"drama" finally did. OK, it is not real drama but nevertheless the G9 launch was kind of rushed and weird and left so many question unanswered. Then there are the shop changes, also not dramatic but making things more and more complicated and more and more expensive. Oh, and of course it might have also a little bit to do with me reaching some frontiers - both moneywise and HDD/SDD-size-wise.

But what is important is the result: In the past first thing I did in the (European) morning was to check the new releases in the store. Then I often spent hours of shopping cart jenga putting stuff in cart and out and in again. End of course I always ended purchasing more than I had planned. Using my store credit faster than planned and waiting for a refuel.

Now I still take a quick (!!!) look in the store daily, but do not bother to do long cart-games. I also did not refuel my store credit (which makes me buy too much too fast). The latest gift card sale was fine as there had been not strings attached besides % & amount. But spending $200 to get 18% was just too much at this point. And having no store credit available at quick disposal really helps while thinking if a particular product is needed or not. I still do buy stuff, but only if I really want to play with it now. My last purchase was the smoke torch just recently released. For 30% off without gift card credit. Sure, there would have been ways to get it cheaper with store credit, combos, waiting and what not. But I have the product and most important already used the product for a couple of renders. No more collecting for the sake of collecting for me. Does not feel all that bad.

• mdingmding Posts: 1,176

@Rod Wise Driggo: I feel kinda envious, congrats! I am still not that disciplined, some day maybe...

70% Flashback Flash Sale - how long? It looks like the same selection as the Spooktacular sale from a couple of weeks ago.

@Rod Wise Driggo: ...indeed I hear you on that as well  Like I mentioned above unless you are a big spender with deep pockets, having to buy a "qualifying" item or bundle to unlock a discount usually ends up being an exercise in diminishing returns.

I find being on a fixed income pension also helps greatly in the decision making as well a having worked for over a decade and a half at creating my own characters (which reduced the need to purchase a huge library of pre-made ones).  Thus, I tend to value resource content far more than new characters unless that character adds something unique to what I refer to as my "gene pool". I also am no stranger to kitbashing props and sets.  

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,571

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Guys, I guess I am cured ;-)

What I could not handle myself the Gen9- and Shop-"drama" finally did. OK, it is not real drama but nevertheless the G9 launch was kind of rushed and weird and left so many question unanswered. Then there are the shop changes, also not dramatic but making things more and more complicated and more and more expensive. Oh, and of course it might have also a little bit to do with me reaching some frontiers - both moneywise and HDD/SDD-size-wise.

But what is important is the result: In the past first thing I did in the (European) morning was to check the new releases in the store. Then I often spent hours of shopping cart jenga putting stuff in cart and out and in again. End of course I always ended purchasing more than I had planned. Using my store credit faster than planned and waiting for a refuel.

Now I still take a quick (!!!) look in the store daily, but do not bother to do long cart-games. I also did not refuel my store credit (which makes me buy too much too fast). The latest gift card sale was fine as there had been not strings attached besides % & amount. But spending $200 to get 18% was just too much at this point. And having no store credit available at quick disposal really helps while thinking if a particular product is needed or not. I still do buy stuff, but only if I really want to play with it now. My last purchase was the smoke torch just recently released. For 30% off without gift card credit. Sure, there would have been ways to get it cheaper with store credit, combos, waiting and what not. But I have the product and most important already used the product for a couple of renders. No more collecting for the sake of collecting for me. Does not feel all that bad.

I'll take you as my role model from now on I think :-) 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,816

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Guys, I guess I am cured ;-)

Are you really cured or are you merely in temporary remission? Dazaholism is especially insidious and goeth not out save by fasting. 

This discussion has been closed.