Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 104

Richard Haseltine said:

You should get 2% off for each of the last seven days on which you purchased, and (with slightly different rules) that was applied from the outset so regular purchasers started off with a higher discount - that soundds like a reward to me. If you have purchased on each of the previous severn days, Daz time, and are getting only a six day discount then that certainbly sounds worth a ticket.

I appreciate the clarification, Richard.  And it's just the lack of clarification and explanation from DAZ as to how any of this works that's the frustration here.  I may wait and see if my purchase from today counts tomorrow.  If not, then perhaps I will open a ticket.  It's just frustrating to have to try and claw information out on how these things are supposed to work, what the discount applies to, what purchases count and what don't, etc.  I mean, I've been spending money with DAZ for over a decade and a half (as I know others have), and it's like they just try to obfuscate things rather than making purchasing from them a simpler, more-enjoyable affair.

Forgive my grousing.  I guess I'm just at that age.

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 778
    edited July 2022

ioonrxoon said:

Ati said:

Joe2018 said:

But you get 20% Off when you buy the Mega Bundle. See: Creatures of the Night | Daz 3D

Today. Any maybe for a couple more days. But the bundles will be in the store for years to come—without any additional discount.

And you're also getting a discount if you buy the two bundles together (completely mindnumbing, since that's the whole point of the megabundle existing, to give a better deal if you buy both), which still makes buying both a tad cheaper than the megabundle.

But you would miss out on the freebies.

Also, no meta-mixers?

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,570

Brokenangel said:

Cris Palomino said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Ati said:

https://www.daz3d.com/black-mamba-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females-bundle While it says it's a bundle, it does not list any items as being part of the bundle. Parts that I assume are supposed to be part of it are also not listed as being part of any bundles.

If purchased, you just get only the bundle which does not load anything and showing a bunch of error messages. 

Enquiring. Can you show a screenshot? 

I would like to add to that. When loaded it throws a load of not found errors and puts some very nice but unwanted grey blocks on my poor Vicky.

DAZ made the missing parts available for download. That fixed the issue for me. 

• I think DAZ should rename this thread to reflect the situation and the subject of the vast majority of the posts in here:
    "Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another PROBLEM™"

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 247

ioonrxoon said:

Ati said:

Joe2018 said:

But you get 20% Off when you buy the Mega Bundle. See: Creatures of the Night | Daz 3D

Today. Any maybe for a couple more days. But the bundles will be in the store for years to come—without any additional discount.

And you're also getting a discount if you buy the two bundles together (completely mindnumbing, since that's the whole point of the megabundle existing, to give a better deal if you buy both), which still makes buying both a tad cheaper than the megabundle.

Can anyone confirm if the Black Mamba Outfit is fixed? The separate parts seem to be included in the bundle now, but I'd rather know for sure before purchase.

Yes it is hard to understand the DAZ Sales strategy: But you get one more free DAZ Oiriginal Items (3 instead of 2 when you buy both boundles) and you get 2 Pose packs for free...

NS: I also would like to have the Mega Bundle even cheaper 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,329

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

I think it is a sliding 7 day period. If you started with days of discount at the beginning from purchases before the sale, those days are aging out of the 7 day window and don't count anymore. The discount doesn't ratchet up and stick. Mods can correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not wrong, though it was initially set to count purchases on the day and revise the discount, so making ti more like 6+part of 1, and is now simply taking the previous seven days into account and not counting purchases on the day until the enxt day.

An excellent point @barbult. I didn't notice before, but there is a one-day gap in my purchases in the 7-day period before the promo started, so I imagine that is why I am still at Day 6, as an earlier day aged out. But, Richard, why would the count drop in the middle of the day? It happened at least once, but I was able to bump it back up with a (small, ineligible for discount) purchase, then use the proper discount immediately afterwards. The same thing happened with the same type of sale last month, lost a day almost every day.

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 778
    edited July 2022

Joe2018 said:

ioonrxoon said:

Ati said:

Joe2018 said:

Can anyone confirm if the Black Mamba Outfit is fixed? The separate parts seem to be included in the bundle now, but I'd rather know for sure before purchase.

Yes it is hard to understand the DAZ Sales strategy: But you get one more free DAZ Oiriginal Items (3 instead of 2 when you buy both boundles) and you get 2 Pose packs for free...

If you buy the two bundles separately its one freebie.  I have submitted a ticket asking them to clear this price issue up but I have little hope.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

I think it is a sliding 7 day period. If you started with days of discount at the beginning from purchases before the sale, those days are aging out of the 7 day window and don't count anymore. The discount doesn't ratchet up and stick. Mods can correct me if I'm wrong.

You are not wrong, though it was initially set to count purchases on the day and revise the discount, so making ti more like 6+part of 1, and is now simply taking the previous seven days into account and not counting purchases on the day until the enxt day.

Thank you for the additional explanation of how Daz changed the algorithm in the middle of the sale. Maybe that can help some people understand why their discount seems chaotic..

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,328

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Weekend in Paris Bundle I bought it back on  2022-06-16  at 1:14:25 PM and everything was there

Now these are no longer in my Product Library

Matteo HD for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male

M Fashion Casual Outfit V1 for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male Bundle

Redz dForce Matteo Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male

Redz Matteo Expressions for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Male

Parisian Dome

Submit a ticket to let them know

Have done so but not holding my breath 

Edited my post above to add an additional note.

Just an FYI CS has fixed it and I'm downloading now

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

Joe2018 said:

Ugh... Forgot to add the poses in cart.

• I think part of the chaotic may have been the complexity of the original rule, and I'm not sure exactly how it was computing - I understood it to be going by whole days before the current day even when it was counting purchases on the current day, but the mid-day changes may indicate that it was going by 7 * 24 hours, so once it was later on day 0 than the purchase on day -7 that would drop out and the discount would reduce. I think going by whole days is easier to understand and check, if nothing else.

• TriCounterTriCounter Posts: 497

I give up...expalin the past bundles thing is it just the three bundles listed?

Richard Haseltine said:

I think part of the chaotic may have been the complexity of the original rule, and I'm not sure exactly how it was computing - I understood it to be going by whole days before the current day even when it was counting purchases on the current day, but the mid-day changes may indicate that it was going by 7 * 24 hours, so once it was later on day 0 than the purchase on day -7 that would drop out and the discount would reduce. I think going by whole days is easier to understand and check, if nothing else.

I hope the marketing team has some "lessons learned" that they put to use if they ever try this again. This second time was not "the charm". Maybe third time will be.

• dortybassa said:

I give up...expalin the past bundles thing is it just the three bundles listed?

I would also like to know, since I did not find any of those three intriguing enough to buy.  There are some items in those bundles I really liked, though.

edited July 2022

Also what promotion is ending? Can't see any time sensitive information on todays riddle?

**Nothing Actually Happened**

confusedasf.png
    1847 x 1521 - 315K
    Post edited by TriCounter on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,107

dortybassa said:

Also waht promotion is ending? Can't see any time sensitive information on todays riddle?

A lot of prices have changed about four hours ago. There must be a flash sale going on, but they forgot to post the banner. 

Ati said:

dortybassa said:

Also waht promotion is ending? Can't see any time sensitive information on todays riddle?

A lot of prices have changed about four hours ago. There must be a flash sale going on, but they forgot to post the banner. 

So probably some of the free items in my cart were in the flash sale... ah, thanks

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,143

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Weekend in Paris Bundle I bought it back on  2022-06-16  at 1:14:25 PM and everything was there

Parisian Dome

Submit a ticket to let them know.

Edited to add:

This isn't a standard behavior and only happens when products have been returned or posibly a copyright issue.

If that is the case, then the customer should be notified, asked to unintsall the affected products, and refunded!

Dana

DanaTA said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Parisian Dome

Edited to add:

This isn't a standard behavior and only happens when products have been returned or posibly a copyright issue.

If that is the case, then the customer should be notified, asked to unintsall the affected products, and refunded!

Dana

CS fixed it and I have the items 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,143

Robert Freise said:

DanaTA said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Parisian Dome

Edited to add:

Dana

CS fixed it and I have the items 

yes 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,652

Robert Freise said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Parisian Dome

Thanks for the conformation

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

frank0314 said:

Robert Freise said:

Not cool angry

Parisian Dome

Thanks for the conformation

yes 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,778

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Thank you for the additional explanation of how Daz changed the algorithm in the middle of the sale. Maybe that can help some people understand why their discount seems chaotic..

But I’ve still purchased something every day for the past 9 or more days but have been stuck on day 6 for three days. I sent in a ticket but who knows when it will get resolved. 

I was on day 7 until I went to checkout, and then I was on day 6. Richard must be right about it running on a by the hour or by the minute clock instead of by the Daz day number. It might be time to just give up on this thing.

If you can, split the purchase in two. Part 1 with items that will not benefit from the discount. You should jump back up to Day 7 (after a few minutes). Then make another purchase with the items that will be eligible for the discount. 

NorthOf45 said:

If you can, split the purchase in two. Part 1 with items that will not benefit from the discount. You should jump back up to Day 7 (after a few minutes). Then make another purchase with the items that will be eligible for the discount. 

I thought Richard said it worked that way at first and then they changed it.

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

Worked for me yesterday (Day 5 dropped to Day 6, bumped it to Day 6, bought with 12%). Worked again today (started at Day 6, bumped to Day 7 after purchase). Promo page and cart now shows Day 7 and 14%. They can say what they want, but that is how it works right now.

NorthOf45 said:

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

Worked for me yesterday (Day 5 dropped to Day 6, bumped it to Day 6, bought with 12%). Worked again today (started at Day 6, bumped to Day 7 after purchase). Promo page and cart now shows Day 7 and 14%. They can say what they want, but that is how it works right now.

Thanks. Actual experience is always helpful to hear.

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886

I don't know if the percentage applies, but based on the graphic I was on day 6 before purchasing the bundle and now it shows days 7.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

j_jobs_5aed5ee339 said:

I think DAZ should rename this thread to reflect the situation and the subject of the vast majority of the posts in here:
    "Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another PROBLEM™"

This isn't a Daz thread. The forums are peer-to-peer. The mods follow this thread to try and keep up with sales issues. When they're all in one thread, the easier it is for us to track them and customers to find responses. 

This discussion has been closed.