Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• cher21cher21 Posts: 54

Cris Palomino said:

I don't have a stacking discount, so can't test it. Is anyone else having an issue with the stscking discount not working for them?

Hi Cris. The stacks work for me just fine. BUT . . . You might want to check on the missing Break-out items for today's sale. The individual parts of the outfits and the town lead to a "whoops" page.  Thanks.

Western Rider Bundle (includes the following)
    dForce CB Clementine Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females
    Modern Cowboy Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males
    dForce Ranch Outfit for Genesis 8 Males

Wild West Saloon Bundle (includes the following)
    dForce CB Willa Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females
    dForce CB Mollie Mae Outfit for Genesis 8 Females
    Wild West Town

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,918

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I really like todays bundles but boy those prices are out of my league, sorry. I simply cannot spend a hundred bucks every other day.

Don't know how DAZ is doing recently and whether sales are working but they do not reach me with those offers:
    - Although I own DAZ Horse 2 the Mega Bundle is still $75.
    - Additional discounts are connected just to the latest bundle. No more "hey you own lots of bundles, here's an additional discount".
    - The HD is not even included with the Mega Bundle.
    - Additional discount for the HD only if bought together withe the MetaMixer addon (don't use MetaMixer)
    - No additional bundle discount for getting the HD
    And so on...

Might go for the Saloon Bundle or cherrypick some items but no big bundle unfortunately.

I want to add on to the cost of the 'Into the West Mega Bundle'. I own Daz Horse 2, which is priced at $27.97 in the bundle. I also have a message that I get it discounted from the cost of the mega bundle. And I get a 16% discount for the 'Creatures of the Night Mega Bundle' since I bought that also. And I am a Daz+ member too. So I tried to run the numbers:

Full cost $170.95 - 87.18 = 83.77 (51% off); 83.77 - 13.40 = 70.37 (16%); 70.37 - 27.97 = 42.40 (price of Daz Horse 2)

Is my math totally wrong? See a snip of the line from my shopping cart. It is charging me $62.56.

Mary

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 8.55.30 AM.png
    812 x 195 - 41K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,331

memcneil70 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

I really like todays bundles but boy those prices are out of my league, sorry. I simply cannot spend a hundred bucks every other day.

Don't know how DAZ is doing recently and whether sales are working but they do not reach me with those offers:
    - Although I own DAZ Horse 2 the Mega Bundle is still $75.
    - Additional discounts are connected just to the latest bundle. No more "hey you own lots of bundles, here's an additional discount".
    - The HD is not even included with the Mega Bundle.
    - Additional discount for the HD only if bought together withe the MetaMixer addon (don't use MetaMixer)
    - No additional bundle discount for getting the HD
    And so on...

Might go for the Saloon Bundle or cherrypick some items but no big bundle unfortunately.

I want to add on to the cost of the 'Into the West Mega Bundle'. I own Daz Horse 2, which is priced at $27.97 in the bundle. I also have a message that I get it discounted from the cost of the mega bundle. And I get a 16% discount for the 'Creatures of the Night Mega Bundle' since I bought that also. And I am a Daz+ member too. So I tried to run the numbers:

Full cost $170.95 - 87.18 = 83.77 (51% off); 83.77 - 13.40 = 70.37 (16%); 70.37 - 27.97 = 42.40 (price of Daz Horse 2)

Is my math totally wrong? See a snip of the line from my shopping cart. It is charging me $62.56.

Mary

Don't know if it's right or not since DAZ math is like the new math being taught where 2+1=3 but 1+2 doesn't =3, but I have the same amount showing in my cart 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,176
    edited July 2022

@Mary: Your math is right regarding the 51% and the 16%. But the horse costs $40 undiscounted. Make that half (for the bundle discount) and half (for being part of a bundle) and you end with some $8-9 which are subtracted from the bundle price once you already own the horse. Mine's the same: $83 on the sale page, $74 in cart. But hey, how much a product is worth inside a bundle is also subject to change. Recently products got only 30% additional discount for being bundled.

Anyhow, I will stick with some Clearance I guess. Bundles are nice but I do have a lot of western stuff already. And I really dislike the fact that nowadays one needs to buy always the latest bundle to get an additional discount on the next. I still reserve myself the right to decide what to buy and when ;-) 

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
    edited July 2022

I went with the price on the page in the bundle. See this snip.

I accept that Daz could have their own version of this price, maybe going back to my original discounted price? Then it was $14.38.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 9.55.14 AM.png
    1321 x 137 - 99K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • TogireTogire Posts: 406
    edited July 2022

The price of a bundle is less than the sum of prices of its components. Assume that the total price of a bundle component is $100 (undiscounted) and that the bundle is priced $80 (undiscounted), daz considers that there is 20% flat discount applied to all the items (bundle reduction).

So when you only "pay for the products that you do not own", if you already own, say, product A, the price of product A will be applied this "bundle reduction", then other reductions (like daz+, new release, etc), and finally this amount will be substrcted from the bundle price. For instance if the product is $20, the bundle reduction 20% and that you are daz+ and that it is a new item, you will pay the price of the bundle - price(A)*0.8*0.7*0.7 and the reduction will be $20*0.392=$7.84

This method seems quite fair, but it can be confusing as we do not know the "bundle reduction", unless if we compute it explicitely. But if I am interested by some products of a bundle, I always compute this bundle reduction to make my mind (and TBH the bundle reduction is generally smaller than what is was some years ago).

Post edited by Togire on
  • Streaking discount is not Applied to the 80% off Flash sale

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,510

RenderDictator said:

Streaking discount is not Applied to the 80% off Flash sale

Yep. The fine print states that the offer does not stack with other discounts. 

Ah so the horse is $5.98 while in the bundle. So 70.37 - 5.98 = 64.39. Somehow it is $2.00 less in my cart. Oookay.

I hate Daz Math logic.

Mary

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,331

memcneil70 said:

Ah so the horse is $5.98 while in the bundle. So 70.37 - 5.98 = 64.39. Somehow it is $2.00 less in my cart. Oookay.

I hate Daz Math logic.

Mary

There is no logic to it 

edited July 2022

Wonderland said:

All day today I was finally on 7 days of streaking after 3 days of stuck on day 6 when buying something every day. Now I’m ready to check out and it’s back to day 6 again! What is going on??.

I think I may have figured out the problem. I notice that the 'Thank You' purchase reciepts list the time in UTC time and yesterday I had my cart revert to 6 days at or about 00:00 UTC (8pm my time). So it appears that calculating the begining day for eligibility for the streaking discount may be using UTC but calculating the end day is using DAZ time (MDT). This shorts us the 6 hours between UTC midnight and DAZ changeover. Prehaps a kind Mod could make an inquiry about this.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited July 2022

Double post. Thanks, Cloudflare

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Well I bought the Mega but I am not sure it is worth my time downloading it. I had found a number of 'partial downloads' in my DIM's download folder, so went to download the files again, and some are now showing up a -1 bytes file size. So is something going on with Daz's servers? When I downloaded them, some of the files ranged from 800MB to 54MB. I had to download one at a time as I was on my MBP and the files took the expected times for their size.

• felisfelis Posts: 3,929

memcneil70 said:

Well I bought the Mega but I am not sure it is worth my time downloading it. I had found a number of 'partial downloads' in my DIM's download folder, so went to download the files again, and some are now showing up a -1 bytes file size. So is something going on with Daz's servers? When I downloaded them, some of the files ranged from 800MB to 54MB. I had to download one at a time as I was on my MBP and the files took the expected times for their size.

It looks like they are missing many of the "break-out" items, so you will get a number of products without content.

Might be fixed during the day. 

• Charlie Judge said:

RenderDictator said:

Uh. I Miss the old Days when it was fun figuring out how all those sales stack with surprising results ...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,164
    edited July 2022

felis said:

memcneil70 said:

It looks like they are missing many of the "break-out" items, so you will get a number of products without content.

The break out items were not broken-out this time, they should all be part of the base product download.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BronzeDragonBronzeDragon Posts: 381

I give up!!! Hair discount does not work with what I assume is a correct new item. Generally, when clicking on the sale link it sends you to a page with just the correct items on it. Not this time. I get sent a general page that shows 40+ thousand items listed. Not all of them can be new. I'm supposed to hunt thru all the items to find something I like and it's also new (maybe), don't think so!! Tried three different "new" items, none dropped the price. Even the get a hair for 80% off with the code keeps telling me that the code is invalid --- wtf. Was going to get some the $1.99 stuff too, not now. Done with DAZ and it screwed up store, sales, and coupons.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,583

RenderDictator said:

Charlie Judge said:

RenderDictator said:

Uh. I Miss the old Days when it was fun figuring out how all those sales stack with surprising results ...

Oh yeah, me too! It was so exciting and made you play with a cart for hours, literally. 

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

So how many shoppers just lost a day of their Streak? Trying to figure out when the cutoff time is, it is not DAZ Midnight. I, and a couple others, think it is 00:00 UTC, which just passed this last hour.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,492

NorthOf45 said:

So how many shoppers just lost a day of their Streak? Trying to figure out when the cutoff time is, it is not DAZ Midnight. I, and a couple others, think it is 00:00 UTC, which just passed this last hour.

I did not, but I made a purchase earlier in the day.

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

I did not, but I made a purchase earlier in the day.

Same here, and I also did not lose a day like I have before, but that doesn't prove anything, unfortunately.

• arks0ngarks0ng Posts: 269

Well there's a cool flash sale on the front page right now that I saw when I woke up, but it doesn't appear to be working. So now I'm wondering if it's expired or something and they've just not taken the ad down

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,778
    edited July 2022

Again! This went from day 7 to day 6 just as I checked out after 6pm Pacific time (7pm DAZ time) What is going on?  Also, customer service is not responding to any of my tickets for the last several days. I have 5 open tickets, two from 4-7 months ago! 

F3F19D46-E0EA-4971-B108-92ED4E3A0422.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 375K
    CF6483D0-727E-41CE-BF9E-EF275D1BC22A.jpeg
    2048 x 1536 - 373K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

Wonderland said:

Again! This went from day 7 to day 6 just as I checked out after 6pm Pacific time (7pm DAZ time) What is going on?  Also, customer service is not responding to any of my tickets for the last several days. I have 5 open tickets, two from 4-7 months ago! 

Did you see my post earlier? There is some suspicion that the timer for the streak expires at 00:00 UTC, which would be at 17:00 PST. If you haven't given up, try checking out before 5 PM tomorrow, and you should get your Day 7, 14% discount.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,847
    edited July 2022

NorthOf45 said:

Wonderland said:

Did you see my post earlier? There is some suspicion that the timer for the streak expires at 00:00 UTC, which would be at 17:00 PST. If you haven't given up, try checking out before 5 PM tomorrow, and you should get your Day 7, 14% discount.

Well, for what it's worth, I checked out about two hours before 00:00 UTC, and now after Daz midnight, I am on day 5 of streaking for the third time -- three times in four days, I believe; went from day 5 to day 6 to day 5 and then stayed at day 5. And there's not much point in filing a ticket now, because it's the beginning of the weekend, so they're not likely to get to it before next week, at which point either the event will be over, or I'll be on day 5 for the seventh or eight day. And from what people are saying, they're likely buried under "What the heck is wrong with streaking?" tickets anyway. Either they'll fix it for everyone, or it can't be fixed.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,929

Richard Haseltine said:

felis said:

memcneil70 said:

The break out items were not broken-out this time, they should all be part of the base product download.

Then I will suggest that Daz get consistency in their shop.

If you look in the file list for the clothing, then it don't list all the needed files for these clothing. 

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

Wonderland said:

Well, for what it's worth, I checked out about two hours before 00:00 UTC, and now after Daz midnight, I am on day 5 of streaking for the third time -- three times in four days, I believe; went from day 5 to day 6 to day 5 and then stayed at day 5. And there's not much point in filing a ticket now, because it's the beginning of the weekend, so they're not likely to get to it before next week, at which point either the event will be over, or I'll be on day 5 for the seventh or eight day. And from what people are saying, they're likely buried under "What the heck is wrong with streaking?" tickets anyway. Either they'll fix it for everyone, or it can't be fixed.

Don't forget, they say it is the sum of the days with eligible purchases in the last 7 days. If you miss a day, you are stuck with it for a week, meaning you can never increase your streak until that empty day ages out after a week. (If I properly understand how it works, only DAZ knows for sure).

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    edited July 2022
    Post edited by Ati on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Ati said:

What's going on with https://www.daz3d.com/modern-cowboy-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males-bundle ? This was released yesterday, but this is a bundle, and the items that are in it were only released today? :-o

Same with https://www.daz3d.com/CB-Willa-Clothing-Set-with-dForce-for-Genesis-8-and-81-Females-Bundle

And https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-clementine-outfit-bundle-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

So I have no way of seeing what was listed on these yesterday. While the URL says bundle, the product does not. The outfit listed fewer parts yesterday? 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107

Cris Palomino said:

Ati said:

What's going on with https://www.daz3d.com/modern-cowboy-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males-bundle ? This was released yesterday, but this is a bundle, and the items that are in it were only released today? :-o

Same with https://www.daz3d.com/CB-Willa-Clothing-Set-with-dForce-for-Genesis-8-and-81-Females-Bundle

And https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-clementine-outfit-bundle-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

So I have no way of seeing what was listed on these yesterday. While the URL says bundle, the product does not. The outfit listed fewer parts yesterday? 

The readmes of the parts say they were released today, and they are listed among today's new releases when you sort the store by new arrivals.

I assume they still work; but it's strange to see parts of a bundle being released a day after the bundle itself.

This discussion has been closed.