Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• Daz is looking into the pricing issues.

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

The "streaking" only works if you consistently purchase something every day? If you skip a day, you drop back down to Day 1?

Wondering because the sales text doesn't specify and I've never gone above "Day 1" despite buying something on inconsistent days in the past week.

Or is this another wait until the end of the sale to get the final discount situation? The sales text is vague on that as well.

• Jason Galterio said:

The "streaking" only works if you consistently purchase something every day? If you skip a day, you drop back down to Day 1?

Wondering because the sales text doesn't specify and I've never gone above "Day 1" despite buying something on inconsistent days in the past week.

Or is this another wait until the end of the sale to get the final discount situation? The sales text is vague on that as well.

You should get, on any day, 2% off (1 day of streaking) for every day on which you made a qualifying purchase out of the previous seven days.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,236
    edited July 2022

Jason Galterio said:

I made 3 purchases in the last 7 days but they were not on consecutive days, and it says I'm on day 3 streaking. So purchasing every day doesn't seem to be needed.

Post edited by Leana on

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

You should get, on any day, 2% off (1 day of streaking) for every day on which you made a qualifying purchase out of the previous seven days.

Yeah, that's not happening. Even though I made purchases on 2 days in the past 7, I am on Day 1 streaking.

I'll just wait on purchasing anything until this nonsense is over.

• Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

Yeah, that's not happening. Even though I made purchases on 2 days in the past 7, I am on Day 1 streaking.

They weren't on the same day Daz time, even if they were different days for you?

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Ok, the fix was to not apply the discount in the basket, but to remove it from the product page. 0/5 as fixes go.

• N3p3nth3 said:

Ok, the fix was to not apply the discount in the basket, but to remove it from the product page. 0/5 as fixes go.

Which discount?

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Richard Haseltine said:

N3p3nth3 said:

Which discount?

The 50 % "bridge compatible" one (I guess) from the ones that were showing it everywhere else but in the basket. 

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Jason Galterio said:

They weren't on the same day Daz time, even if they were different days for you?

They were not. They had a day in between them. They were also for more than 0 dollars.

Neither is showing up as a discount. Just the "You are on Day 1 of stacking."

So even if they were on the same day, I should still be on Day 2.

It doesn't matter. I will just wait for another sale.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,583

Well, my streak's just staying at day 6 and 12% no matter how much and what I buy, so I just buy what I like and don't look at it anymore. Works fine, I stopped grumbling, and it's still a nice percentage off.

• They still haven't fixed the Creatures mega bundle price.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,778

All day today I was finally on 7 days of streaking after 3 days of stuck on day 6 when buying something every day. Now I’m ready to check out and it’s back to day 6 again! What is going on??.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,492

Wonderland said:

All day today I was finally on 7 days of streaking after 3 days of stuck on day 6 when buying something every day. Now I’m ready to check out and it’s back to day 6 again! What is going on??.

Exactly what happened to me yesterday.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,459

Wonderland said:

I started on Day 3, within hours went back to Day 2 and have stayed on Day 2 no matter what I buy. Day before yesterday I bought 4 items and ignored the fact that the streak discount was wrong. I thought that maybe at last it would bump me up a couple of days - but no - I'm STILL on day 2. Can I be bothered to open a ticket? No I can't, not worth the trouble. But I do want to chime in with the rest of the complaints here just to register my gripe.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,330

Someone speculated earlier that the timer is on a different time zone, like 00:00 UTC (GMT or Zulu time to some). On the days when my Streak slipped, it seemed to be about the same time each day. I suspect that to get that day's discount, you must check out before 23:59 UTC, whenever that is in your time zone. I noticed late evening, or 20:00 EDT for me, 17:00 PDT, 02:00 AM for most of Europe, 10:00 AM Sydney, etc. Anyone else notice that?

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,670
    edited July 2022

It's not really a big deal, but I am fairly certain that this: https://www.daz3d.com/-dforce-ranch-outfit-for-genesis-8-males-bundle does NOT include https://www.daz3d.com/bwc-fashion-poses-for-v6-v5-and-v4 as listed under what's included and features.

Screenshot 2022-07-21 201832.jpg
    1517 x 861 - 134K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited July 2022

NorthOf45 said:

Someone speculated earlier that the timer is on a different time zone, like 00:00 UTC (GMT or Zulu time to some). On the days when my Streak slipped, it seemed to be about the same time each day. I suspect that to get that day's discount, you must check out before 23:59 UTC, whenever that is in your time zone. I noticed late evening, or 20:00 EDT for me, 17:00 PDT, 02:00 AM for most of Europe, 10:00 AM Sydney, etc. Anyone else notice that?

Yeah, I lost 2 percent sometime during the day.  Started the day at 8%, then later in the day, when I went to check out around 9 p.m. EDT, it was 6%, so the switchover taking place at midnight UTC sounds reasonable.

Seems to me that Daz marketing came up with something the Daz web team wasn't able to execute properly.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • YacomoYacomo Posts: 25

So, is it correct that the new 'Into the West Mega Bundle' once again does NOT contain the HD- and MetaMixer-Addons?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

zombietaggerung said:

It's not really a big deal, but I am fairly certain that this: https://www.daz3d.com/-dforce-ranch-outfit-for-genesis-8-males-bundle does NOT include https://www.daz3d.com/bwc-fashion-poses-for-v6-v5-and-v4 as listed under what's included and features.

Will enquire 

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,176

I really like todays bundles but boy those prices are out of my league, sorry. I simply cannot spend a hundred bucks every other day.

Don't know how DAZ is doing recently and whether sales are working but they do not reach me with those offers:
    - Although I own DAZ Horse 2 the Mega Bundle is still $75.
    - Additional discounts are connected just to the latest bundle. No more "hey you own lots of bundles, here's an additional discount".
    - The HD is not even included with the Mega Bundle.
    - Additional discount for the HD only if bought together withe the MetaMixer addon (don't use MetaMixer)
    - No additional bundle discount for getting the HD
    And so on...

Might go for the Saloon Bundle or cherrypick some items but no big bundle unfortunately.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,847
    edited July 2022

None of the separate parts of CB Willa outfit are in the store yet, and the stacking/streaking discount is not applying even a little at all at the moment. (I am a Daz+ member, so 51% is the minimum discount that should be applying without stacking/streaking. Also, the stacking/streaking discount itself should be 14% for me, since it was 12% yesterday and I actually bought something yesterday, but ... whatever. If they can get it to actually apply, that would be nice.)

today's cart issues

cartissues.jpg
    1454 x 502 - 82K
    Post edited by vwrangler on

The "Streak" discount is not good on new releases unfortunately.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Rod Wise Driggo said:

But it works nicely for the "Not really disappearing Clearance Items".. wink

• NathNath Posts: 2,738

maikdecker said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

But it works nicely for the "Not really disappearing Clearance Items".. wink

If only any of them were in my wishlist :-) The one that was on the list, I removed when I saw I'd never even used the similar item for G3. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,847

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Ah. there have been so many oddly stacking and compounding sales that I didn't realize. It seemed to apply to the new releases I bought yesterday, but something else may have been going on.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

I don't have a stacking discount, so can't test it. Is anyone else having an issue with the stscking discount not working for them?

vwrangler said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Ah. there have been so many oddly stacking and compounding sales that I didn't realize. It seemed to apply to the new releases I bought yesterday, but something else may have been going on.

Yesterday was an additional 10% off two (IMO it was limited) new releases once bought together with those older Bridge products. Used this for this weeks DAZ+ releases.

OK, just saw the HOWDY-discount and thougt, why not. Then say the disclaimer and thought, no thanks.

Why do we have this stacking-discount again once interesting discount combintions gets ruled afterwards? Especially since it is not that big of a deal making 70% to 76% or so.

Anyhow: I was tempted a couple of times on the bundles and the HOWDY but I guess I'll end up with 5+ clearance and call it a day.

• AZDigitalArtistAZDigitalArtist Posts: 778
    edited July 2022

Submitted a ticket for the mega bundle issue with the Creatures mega, didn't even realiz until afterwards that my stacking discount had lost that strange 2% you all are experiencing, but yeah, it was just before midnight Atlantic time.  I like todays bundle, but my self imposed budget is pretty well blown for the week.  Supposed to be getting credit for owning the Daz Horse, but don't really see that reflected in the cart.

Post edited by AZDigitalArtist on
This discussion has been closed.