Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Horo - the WorldCreator terrain is great.  Very realistic looking.

Dave - Another fine render, even with the "cheat" wink

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

@Horo, greaty snowy mountain picture.  The snow is especially well done.

@Dave Savage, I like the hearse with the moody/creepy background graveyard scene.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited October 2016

Wonderful works I see here. Trying to recover from no internet, due to Mr. Microsoft's fantastic updates. Have to go back to doing Bryce work now!

But, I did have some older renders, waiting for my signature to be uploaded.

First one, again using the blocky Structure Synth object. What fun I had with that one creation! --> 'Through the gap'

Second one, old file, retextured and lighted and rerendered --> 'Maelstrom'

throught the gap.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Maelstrom.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 715K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,254

Dave - is it cheating? In the end, the result counts, not the means how it was achieved. I'm a purist, but more to constrain myself to see whether I can do it with what Bryce has to offer. A photo backdrop is something Bryce offers, after all, an HDRI backdrop is also a photo.

Fencepost - thank you Art.

sriesch - thank you.

Hansmar - nice "old" renders. My motto is never change a working system. I'll stay at Win7 until I change the computer.

• 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178
    edited October 2016

Horo,
    "The Thing looks like an underwater scene. Very well done animation."
    Thanks. Working on more. I like to skim the surface of the ice cliffs.
    "I also have a terrain from Bijan and his store has disappeared meanwhile. Daz culls PA's that sell almost nothing in a year and do not come up with a new product in order to keep the store tidy."
    I think I found his (her?) art at Renderosity, and their website at www.bijanstudio.com.......hope to hear from them soon.

"I started up WorldCreator lately and worked a day on terrains. WorldCreator is the successor of GeoControl, with which Bijan had created terrains. Meanwhile, also the original WorldCreator was sold to a new company. Here is one of the terrains I made and given a material I got from David a long time ago that shows the geometry quite nicely. Lit by the sun and a skydome HDRI that comes with the Island 2 set."
    Very nicely done! Looks so real. =O
    I have GeoControl2, but haven't used it much. Can terrains created in GC2 or the new World Creator be exported to Bryce as an obj mesh? Can WC animate?

Hansmar,
    interesting Synth scenes......did you use this?  I didn't know about it, but would like to try it.

Post edited by 3dcal on

3scal - thank you. Well, the GeoControl 2 I have run for a limited time because Coddy had taken over. The WorldCreator Indy version I have permits to export the terrain up to 8192 x 8192 and as 32-bit floating point raw files. Those I read and process as HDRI and finally size it down to 4096 and 16 bit integer as Bryce accepts. Grey scale height maps are much more efficient and memory conscious than obj meshes. To my knowledge, the terrain cannot be animated.

@Horo: I fully agree. The Windows 10 was on my new computer. And Microsoft does no longer allow you to choose to update; it just happened. My new laptop is restored to the earlier build yesterday, but now the starting takes ages. Still something fishy!

@3dcal: Indeed, that is the Structure Synth. A much more mathematical person then me would be able to create things from scratch, I guess. I just modify options in examples via trial and error (I am too lazy to try and learn the exact meaning of all the rules). Be careful, the objects can easily become very big; lots of polygons.

• 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178
    edited October 2016

The WorldCreator Indy version I have permits to export the terrain up to 8192 x 8192 and as 32-bit floating point raw files. Those I read and process as HDRI and finally size it down to 4096 and 16 bit integer as Bryce accepts. Grey scale height maps are much more efficient and memory conscious than obj meshes. To my knowledge, the terrain cannot be animated.

Great idea....thanks, I will give it a try. ;)

re: "To my knowledge, the terrain cannot be animated."  Sorry, I meant to be able to fly through the scene, e.g. in Bryce. ;)

Post edited by 3dcal on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    Horo said:

Dave - is it cheating? In the end, the result counts, not the means how it was achieved. I'm a purist, but more to constrain myself to see whether I can do it with what Bryce has to offer. A photo backdrop is something Bryce offers, after all, an HDRI backdrop is also a photo.

I know what you mean and I should really have put "cheating" in quotes. It's not really cheating as such, I just didn't want people thinking I'd modelled the background.  smiley

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,133
    edited October 2016

Dave- awesome care renders, all of them.

Electro-elvis- great render of the Urban model.

3dcal- Thanks for the comment, yes the room is an Hdri- the Cornwall Sunset. Cool animations, love them; saw the Thing 3 while I was at your channel..

Horo-magnificent renders the lighting and sky in the Castle is awesome, so is the material and the lighting in the HighMountains.

Art- Thanks

Hansmar – I’m amazed the variety of abstracts you made using the block model. The Maelstrom is also a nice abstract.

Two abstracts from me the same setup, the 2nd is viewed thru the GWL  

tori50.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 683K
    tori50gwl0.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 559K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited October 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Great abstracts, the one through the GWL looks particularly cool.

Same terrain as for the mountains but the area to height ratio much smaller.

Lake Shore

LakeShore.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - Thanks, I had some problems and thought the images did not upload. Your landscapes are absolutely awesome.

edited October 2016

Mermaid - thank you.

Experimenting with the new terrains I made last week. Twice the same terrain but with a different area to height ratio, different materials on the triple stacked terrains and another HDRI.

Side Valley

Rain Ahead

SideValley.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 217K
    RainAhead.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 179K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210

Gorgeous landscapes, Horo - I especially like the last one (I can hardly believe it's the same terrain as the previous one - what a difference that area to height ratio makes!)

And lovely abstract, mermaid - but I can only see one (I get the little box with the red "X" on the second)

Horo - beautiful landscapes.

Melaniel - thanks, I knew something was wrong, I tried to correct it now, hopefully both are visible.smiley

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited October 2016

Hansmar - very nice abstracts. I think the one with the structure synth shape is my favorite.

mermaid - Ahh, spirally, shiny things.  You can never go wrong with that combo! LOL  Great abstracts.

Horo - I'm really enjoying your landscape experiments.  The first one is my favorite, but all three are really nice.

In the southeastern part of the U.S., we have a venomous snake known as the coral snake.  It's very potent, but fortunately, there aren't many bites attributed to this beautiful creature.  Identification can be confusing because it has a pattern of red, yellow, and black bands that is commonly found in other non-venomous snakes.  So, to alleviate the confusion, a little mnemonic was created to identify which one is good/bad: "Red touches yellow, kill a fellow. Red touches black, friend of Jack."  As you can see, the carbon fiber snake is only red touching yellow.  There is no confusion as to how powerful this little beast can be.  Lucky for us, we can pet it on the screen without being painfully bitten. laughyes

SnakeRedandYellow3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 416K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on

Horo - beautiful landscapes.

Melaniel - thanks, I knew something was wrong, I tried to correct it now, hopefully both are visible.smiley

Yes indeed - both now present and correct (and very nice too).

Fencepost - wow, I like that snake, very neat!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited October 2016

I have played around lately with procedurale terrains or to say less pompous ;-) I used the DTE in the terrain editor for the base of my terrains and added a bit of erosion. The first one is a leopard and the second a vornoi pattern. Light comes from Horo's Sunless HDRI Skies.

procterrain_leo.jpg
    800 x 480 - 40K
    procterrain_vornoi.jpg
    867 x 650 - 69K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184

Hi everyone. I have been busy renovating the apartment and haven't had time to see how everybody is doing.... By the looks of it, the great renders keep on coming, some really special landscapes in the last 20 pages or so...I hope soon Ill be able to drop in more often...

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2016

Sadly I can't always do renders of cars and fun stuff... But I do also like being able to use Bryce in my paid work,

GPCartGun.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 642K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

MelanieL - thank you. Yes, the area to height ratio can change a landscape profoundly.

Mermaid - thank you.

Fencepost - thank you Art. Nice snake, I like the mnemonic.

Electro-Elvis - great terrain work, the first looks a bit like Emmentaler (anglophones call Swiss cheese).

Vivien - good to see you back.

Dave - a photograph couldn't be better (if as good).

edited October 2016

Again twice the same terrain with different area to height ratios; different materials and skies, too.

Dry Rivulets

Crater Lake

DryRivulets.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 220K
    CraterLake.jpg
    1200 x 668 - 145K
    Post edited by Horo on

You're terrains are wonderful, as ever, Horo!

• Thanks, all, for the comments on the snake.  The model can be found here: http://www.daz3d.com/infiltrator

Electro-Elvis - Nice terrain experiments.  That's one thing I haven't done much of is create terrains in the DTE.  

Vivien - Good to see you back.  

Dave - Your paid work is great too. Awesome that you can use Bryce as part of your work.

Horo - Again, some seriously nice terrains.

Art- Thanks, cool snake.

Electro-Elvis – interesting terrain renders

Vivien – hope to see some of your work soon.

Dave – another awesome photorealistic render. It’s great you make money from something you love doing.

Horo – wow two awesome renders.

edited October 2016

Hansmar - thank you.

Fencepost - thank you.

Mermaid - thank you.

Another set of the same terrain in different area to height ratios. This terrain is based on the previous three sets by differently processing and combining them.

Rutted Ridge

Promontory

RuttedRidge.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 251K
    Promontory.jpg
    1200 x 803 - 232K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2016

Horo – your landscape renders are awesome.

I used Dave’s The Moon tutorial and one of David’s Cloudscapes for this render.

themoon.jpg
    600 x 600 - 136K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • New to the site and fairly new to Bryce or any 3d programs except some fractal programs. I dabbled over the last 2 years or so occasionally and am starting to get into it more again. I created these the last few days. The spooky tree one was with the help of David Brinnen's spooky tree tutorial. I added my own extras, the cube was a tutorial of his I followed with Wings3D. My Alien Cityscape was playing around trying to figure out adding 2d pics to the sky and making it look decent enough haha. Lookiing forward to learning more!

Spooky trees with fairies signed.jpg
    900 x 675 - 302K
    Ancient alien civ signed.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 891K

Mermaid - thank you. Moon and volumetric clouds look very good and realistic.

ArleneS - welcome to Bryce and this forum. Very nice renders, the lady in the green box is a nice idea. Space scene looks great, too.

This discussion has been closed.