Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Super 3Ds, Horo...one could almost fall off the mountain's edge in the tree work.

First one, Art, is gorgeous.

Jay

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2016

When you drop your ray gun in the mud..... That.

I modelled the raygun in Bryce, the mud is a terrain I made and the material applied and the water slab are from David and Horo's High Res Terrain sets.

RayGunMud.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 658K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

mermaid010: Thanks, Very nice cliff/beach terrain!

Horo: Well the leaves are probably OK, if you say so. Thanks for your comment on my strange charm(s).

Jamahoney: Great sci-fi scene.

Fencepost52: Don't think we don't like abstracts; at least, I really like them, so, please, keep posting. Your last batch looks great. I like the first one most, probably because of the colours.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,157

Awesome fantastic Anaglyphs from Jay and Horo

Art - the abstracts are beautiful.I agree with Hansmar, some of us love abstracts.

Dave - a great render love the muddy terrain.

Hansmar - Thanks

edited September 2016

Cheers, Mermaid ;)

Below..."it's not easy being green..." as Kermit might say, but being somewhat metallic-looking might also be applicable...heh he (couldn't find a suitable frog texture).

Title: Guardian

Jay

Guardian.jpg
    1200 x 594 - 820K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

Wow Jay, love this render

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 491
    edited September 2016

Thanks, all, for the comments!  I do enjoy abstracts and was afraid I might be boring everyone with them. :)

@Jamahoney and Horo: Don't know how I missed the anaglyphs.  Will take a look at them tonight when I get back to my glasses.  

@Jamahoney: Nice frog scene.  Those are some huge frog eggs!

@Dave: great modeling and raygun render.

Here's a few more recent ones from me.

The first is based on David's tutorial from this package: http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-hdri-for-fun

The remaining are from his youtube tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRld0h13QZg

Abstract 120.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    SFXHT8.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 685K
    SFXHT9.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 687K
    SFXHT11.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 484K
    Post edited by Fencepost52 on
    edited September 2016

Thanks again, Mermaid...and Art - I think you're right; the scale may be out slightly. Perhaps we're dealing here with Frogius Giganticus...heh he devil

Great works, Art...the middle two objects are super - I'm a bit like you with abstracts: once started, it's hard to pull away from them as they always suprise when one clicks that render button.

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,270

Jamahoney - thank you Jay. The anaglyph with the trees is actually not good because the front protrudes and is cut off by the lower edge of the image frame. I did it again, over 6 hours network render only to find that not all materials were correct. So I rendered it again on one machine in over 16 hours and it finally came out as I expected (I have it on my website).
    I like the Frogius giganticus.

Dave - the mud is outstanding, ray gun is great, too.

Marmaid - thank you.

Fencepost - great renders, Art. My favorite is the second.

edited September 2016

Cheers again, Horo, and know what you mean Re: the anaglyphs.

On the frogs: as a kid, seeing dozens of them in my local marsh was normal, but today they are very rare (the eggs were relatively big too, as above, but I suppose it depends on the species where some are very small indeed). Touching/messing such eggs is banned in my country - resulting in a heavy fine, and rightly-so.

Jay

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Jamahoney: Great render. wonderful texture.

Fencepost52: Wonderful abstracts again! Keep going. Seeing them make me want to do one (two, many) again.

edited September 2016

Yeah, Hansmar...an unusual tex.,...just playing around with those Bryce availables - at expense of being natural, but being lazy, I suppose.

Jay

edited October 2016

Art - Wow awesome set of renders, I like the objects in the 2nd and 3rd renders.

I experimented some more with lighting using Horo’s https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/IBLwithSky.pdf and https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/IBLwithTA.pdf

One of the many results.

iblwithta.jpg
    700 x 560 - 216K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited October 2016

Very cool POV, Mermaid...the reflection lets us see two sides of the lighting effects, which indeed are perfect.

Jay

• 3dcal3dcal Posts: 178

Hi everyone,

soooooo many impressive Bryce creations & renders! =O

Here is a scene that has captured me for years.....changing the sun angle, sky,
    terrain shader. Infinite possibilties. ;)

BlueIce1.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 177K
    edited October 2016

Mermaid - very well done example.

3dcal - I remember those blue waves, I agree, many many possibilities.

I was again in a cave, drawn in the TE and stacked trice. Ten radials in the in the branches and two using an IES gel, one shining up, one forward. Full size rendered completely in 45 minutes.

Subterranean Lake

The anaglyph has all lights with doubled diffuse. Rendered also in 45 minutes, anti-aliasing took another 5-1/2 hours.

Subterranean Lake Anaglph

SubterraneanLake.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 140K
    SubterraneanLakeAna.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 253K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Jay and Horo

3dcal - very nice example, One is able to do a great variety of artwork with Bryce not only Landscapes.

Horo - love the caves especially the anaglyph one.

edited October 2016

More cars... In all the years I've used and abused Bryce, I've never got my head around the various mapping modes & Golden Tools and their tendency to not do what you'd expect... So to try and understand better, I've been mapping some hot rod flames on to some cars (using Bryce mapping not UV)...  Not sure my understanding is any better, but patience and many small tweaks gets the result I was looking for.

HotRodFlameJob.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 194K
    HotRodFlameJobALT2.jpg
    2070 x 973 - 358K
    HotRodCanyon.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 557K
    CaddyBlackFlames.jpg
    1666 x 1022 - 534K
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited October 2016

Beautiful pictures here. Everybody made a very good job.

Because DAZ gave 60 % discount, I have bought stonemason's "Urban Sprawl 2" this morning and made a short test in Bryce. I think, it is a very good product. Except the glass of a shopwindow I hadn't to change anything else.

Urban Sprawl

brycedurbansprawl.jpg
    900 x 675 - 76K
    Post edited by Chohole on

@Horo,
    I still want to learn how to stack terrains and use HDRI....not there yet.
    BTW, the blue "waves" are ice formations......methane? ......on an ice covered world
    on the other side of our galaxy. =)

@Fencepost52,
    I really like your abstracts.....do you model them in Bryce or another app, e.g. Wings or TopMod?

@mermaid,
    very nice render of the room reflected in the sphere.....HDRI?

Thanks for the comment on the terrain....more to come. ;)

@Dave Savage,
    way cool rods and Caddy......also liked the ship with the wakes.

Here's a still from my latest exploration of the ice world.....you never know WHAT you'll see! =O
    (animation on YouTube)

Thing1.jpg
    1200 x 700 - 117K
    edited October 2016

Mermaid - thank you.

Dave - great work with the DTE.

Electro-Elvis - yes, Stonemasons sets are excellent and work directly in Bryce most of the time.

3dcal - I watche the video, looking great.

I took out Alan Armstrong's (aka Brycework) Vlad Castle and tried to do something with it. A dozen radials, some with IES gels and some with soft shadows. Sky and ambient light from the Real-Moon HDRI.

Moon over Vlad Castle

MoonOverVlad.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 152K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2016

@Horo,

3dcal - I watched the video, looking great.

Thanks! smiley  I have a better one cooking now, and will post later.

re: cave anaglyph....looks interesting. I need a pair of 3D glasses.....do you recommend any?

re: Vlad's Castle.....nice render. Flaming torches would be  good instead of spotlights. wink

Post edited by 3dcal on
    edited October 2016

The Thing 3 (YouTube)   
    Animation sequence was rendered in Bryce7, compiled in Blender2.77 (500 frames, 1600x1000, 25fps) ...no AA to save time.
    image 1200x750
    An alien creature frozen in the ice....

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Jamahoney said:

Art - I think you're right; the scale may be out slightly. Perhaps we're dealing here with Frogius Giganticus...heh he devil

Great works, Art...the middle two objects are super - I'm a bit like you with abstracts: once started, it's hard to pull away from them as they always suprise when one clicks that render button.

Jay

I'll bet Frogius Giganticus would be big enough to wrestle.  Hmmmm...wrestle.  You could make a render of frog wrestling for the Sports render competition! :)

Thanks, all. I really do love abstracts, but am running a little lean on inspiration at the moment, so it's time to move on to something else for awhile.

mermaid- nice lighting experiments.

3dcal- I really like your animations; very cool!  Nice work.  It depends on the style of abstract I'm going for.  Some of them use basic Bryce primitives.  The single object ones came from David and Horo's product: http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-1-pro-fifty-funky-shapes-and-fifty-funky-metals  I could have modeled them myself, but since they were available, I just went ahead and used them.  Right now I'm most comfortable modeling in Wings 3D, but may try Blender again.

Dave- The car renders are absolutely awesome.  I can't decide which one is my favorite.

Horo - Nice cave and castle. I'll check out the anaglyph tonight.

Electro-Elvis - Your render of Stonemason's product is great.  Always wondered how well they would work in Bryce and it sounds (and looks) like they do well without much modification.  I'll have to save my pennies for one of his sets. Should have picked them up when they were on sale. :-/

edited October 2016

Fencepost52,

3dcal- I really like your animations; very cool!  Nice work

Thanks!   I love the Bryce water shaders....all I did was use it on Bijan's Realistic Sand Dunes that I bought at DAZ ~5yrs ago. 
    He(?) had some excellent terrains, including an awesome impact crater for Bryce, but I get a "404 error" on his gallery now......anyone
    know what happened to him/her, and if their products are still available somewhere else?
    I like to change the sun angle, the sky, the material.....then add something out of place, e.g. the alien, for interest & mystery.
    I also want to try stacking the terrains and using HDRI like Horo & David Brinnen. wink

Post edited by 3dcal on
    edited October 2016

3dcal - thank you. There are some flaming torches, but there are also spotlights bcause torches are not powerful enough.
    The Thing looks like an underwater scene. Very well done animation.
    I also have a terrain from Bijan and his store has disappeared meanwhile. Daz culls PA's that sell almost nothing in a year and do not come up with a new product in order to keep the store tidy.

Fencepost - thank you Art.

Speaking of terrains, I started up WorldCreator lately and worked a day on terrains. WorldCreator is the successor of GeoControl, with which Bijan had created terrains. Meanwhile, also the original WorldCreator was sold to a new company.
    Here is one of the terrains I made and given a material I got from David a long time ago that shows the geometry quite nicely. Lit by the sun and a skydome HDRI that comes with the Island 2 set.

High Mountains

HighMountains.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 185K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071

That looks nice @Horo. I liked GeoControl when I used it and am wondering if WorldCreator is worth the £78 to me.

Fishtales - thank you, Sandy. I'm not sure if the new WC is a bargain. The old one had a cheap and limited hobbyist version, a full Indi version with a quite elevated price (the one I have) and a very expensive Pro version. The difference between the Indi and Pro version was only how much money you were permitted to make a year with selling terrains. The new owner offers generally the same sets but calls it Standard, Professional (Indi) and Enterprise. However, there are only Alpha versions available at the time.

edited October 2016
    Dave- The car renders are absolutely awesome.  I can't decide which one is my favorite.

Thanks... I think this one is my favourite (though I cheated with the background and just imported a 2D photo to use as the background). The reflections on the car are provided by one of Horo's HDRIs (I think it was called Fork)

CaddyHearseNight.jpg
    1666 x 975 - 937K
This discussion has been closed.