Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,133

Horo- thanks

ArleneS - Very nice renders, the Space scene is my fav, welcome to Bryce and this forum.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Horo: Very good landscapes again. The moon in the first one is a bit distorted, though.

ArleneS: Very welcome! Very good use of David's tutorial. Wonderful combination of grey and one colour. And the sky-render looks very flashy. Well done.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Hansmar.

I agree, excellent landscapes of Horo's.

That's one thing that annoys me about Bryce. If you have the moon anywhere other than central in your image Bryce distorts it.

May be thats realism. If you were outside looking up, and the moon was on you left or right but you were looking straight ahead it would look like that, seeing it out of the corner of your eye.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,254

Hansmar - thank you.

Stuart - thank you. Yes, you get that distortion towards the sides in real photography as well if you use a very wide angle rectlinear lens (10 mm DX, 16 mm FX). I tried to correct this a bit, but was obviously not successful.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2016
    Horo said:

Hansmar - thank you.

Stuart - thank you. Yes, you get that distortion towards the sides in real photography as well if you use a very wide angle rectlinear lens (10 mm DX, 16 mm FX). I tried to correct this a bit, but was obviously not successful.

The distorted sun/moon problem can be overcome with a bit of forward planning (as you know, I'm just writing this to try help others).

Set your scene up with the sun or moon central, then use Pan H to move it to the side and create your terrain where it looks best in your scene. The Sun or Moon will then remain perfectly circular. This will distort your terrain, but as distorted terrain is less noticable, it's a good soloution.

Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited October 2016

Example of my above post (I just set up quickly) smiley

Edited to add: I just notived the hovering gravestone at the front laugh

GraveyardMoon.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 611K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Great shot, and while the hovering gravestone is spooky, what's more spookier is that the Moon is horizontally flipped...heh he...it is Halloween time after all cheeky

Jay

Dave Savage: Wonderful spooky image. Some ghost to lift up that tombstone might be special too.

edited October 2016

@Dave Savage.

Thanks Dave. Nice idea, might give it a go.

The hovering grave stone must be due to the imminent arrival of Halloween. So you get away with it.

It seems to be all the crosses.

Post edited by StuartB on
    edited October 2016

Not posted any renders for a while, just keep seeing everyone elses great work.

Shark and rock models from internet. Bryce sky and water. Bryce terrain under the rocks. Rendered with Bryce 7 Pro. 1 Light with water caustics image applied.

Hunters 2.jpg
    1298 x 676 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2016

Haha... Thanks and good spot Jay... Must have flipped it when I set it to track camera. laugh

Thanks Hansmar... I've since noticed that it's all the gravestones with the cross design. I don't really understand why at the moment as I made them all myself and used the instance lab to place them, so they should all be slightly under the terrain.

Cross posted with Stuart... Thanks and that's a great render... I always struggle with getting a good clear water scene with visible stuff inder the surface... You did great.

Dave - thanks, I wasn't aware of that "hack". If it isn't the sun but a sphere, it can be distorted to make look it round. But then, without distortion, it doesn't look photo-realistic (if that is the aim).
    Tombstones render looks great, apart from the gravestone that takes off for the heavens. As for the mirrored moon, that's the freedom of the artist. devil

Stuart - I like your shark render(s). It looks quite convincing.

Thanks very much Dave, I did try loads of different waters and settings for each one. Eventually I got what I thought was acceptable.

Thanks very much Horo.

StuartB: Amazing underwater render. Very well made.

Thanks very much Hansmar.

edited October 2016

Dave- creepy scene, the floating crosses adds to the creepiness.

StuartB – beautiful underwater scene.

An abstract using the Twisted Spiral (from the presets) and Horo’s GWL

absractedtwistedspiral.jpg
    800 x 800 - 365K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

Mermaid - extraordianry is all I can say, absolutely fantastic.

Thanks Horo, it's amazing the results one gets when playing,

There are many more abstracts uploaded to my Pinterest account for those interested : https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/bryce-3d-abstracts/

Thanks very much mermaid010. Unfortunately I could'nt find a mermaid model, or I would have put one on a rock in the middle. :)

Maybe next time Stuart wink

edited October 2016

Are we all ready for the Halloweekend?

Sorry, I posted a pic, but only after I'd hit post did I realise it's one that's not allowed.... oops.

Still Happy Halloween everyone. laugh

edited October 2016

This one should be safe enough. Haha.

Something a bit more abstract... Some splash objects I found free on the internet somewhere some time ago.

PaintSplash.jpg
    1000 x 600 - 556K

mermaid010: Fantastic abstract. Very good use of the object and great lights/colours.

Dave Savage: Wow. Splashing paint in Bryce, wonderful work.

edited October 2016

I like Halloween time - it gives me an excuse to sip a nice Chianti and eat, besides other delicacies, some fava beans devil

Jay

ChiantiFava.jpg
    1000 x 606 - 577K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Happy Halloween! 

@Dave Savage, any Google-able clues in the curved splash prop to indicate where one might find it?

edited October 2016

Dave - the splashes look good, materials used fit nicely.

Jamahoney - a bit spooky but well done.

Happy Halloween everybody. We don't have it herabouts where I live, except on the shops. 

Post edited by Horo on
    sriesch said:

@Dave Savage, any Google-able clues in the curved splash prop to indicate where one might find it?

I can do better than that after a bit of detective work... I found the original link and can now credit Dosch Design properly. laugh

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/sample-splash-effects-3ds-free/935035

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited October 2016

@Jay: And it seems you always have a helping hand at your side :-D Nice render!

@Dave: Very effective pictures! Thanks for your detective work and the link

@mermaid010: Wow, that is really a beautiful abstract!

@StuartB: Water looks excellent. Another great picture

I am still working on skin and light. Here my newest attempt. More details to the picture in the DAZ3D galleries http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/239376/

Giulietta's bathroom

sunnybathroom.jpg
    800 x 800 - 180K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited October 2016

Jamahoney: Gruesome scene. I guess the red drops are a bit too light for blood, so we do't get really scared.

Dave Savage: Thanks for the link. I should visit Turbosquid more often, I guess. Lovely object.

Electro-Elvis: Great looking curvy lady. The texture indeed needs some more work. Also, a lady with a general size like that usually also has a bit more flesh on the face. But very good pose and wonderful light, so all-in-all a great portrait render.

I made a landscape with a volumetric sky. The terrains (three stacked ones) are made from the close-up picture of a leaf with its veins. This provides substantial detail, because there is a lot of detail in the leave. I am nog completely happy with the textures, but wanted to show something anyway.

flowercanyon1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
This discussion has been closed.