Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Thanks for sharing your renders. I do hope to be able to share some from my Mac someday.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526

c-ram - another two really beautiful renders. I agree with Dave that there's something odd going on in the shadow parts at left in the tropic image. Pines river is impeccable, I've been to several places that look just like that.

Dave - good job on the Xfrog trees.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2016

Another version of the Coastal Wattle (shared from my Mac).

CoastalWattle4.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 887K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    Thanks everyone for your comments! Yes, I have got trouble with shadows on the tropical path, maybe because I'm using a spotlight for the foreground of the scene and this one have got no shadow softness. Some part of those shadows are giving dark artifacts on the trees trunks.
    @ Dave : very nice coastal wattle! I prefer the render with water. The rocks aspect is very convincing even if this is Bryce angular rocks.
    edited September 2016

Dave - big improvement with the water.

c-ram - I had those black spots in terrains at odd moments. Changing the geometry or orientation got rid of this black part but another one or two popped up. Changing the material seems to help, but this is not always the preferred remedy.

I tried over-hangings with terrains (not lattices, not solid). I had to rotate the materials as well.

Cleft

Cleft.jpg
    998 x 1200 - 342K
    Post edited by Horo on
    @Horo: you're right, I've already observe this dark area on some of my renders. Sometime, adding haze or fog can solve this problem. As usual, hard to work back on a scene because there's a lot of time spend on this one. Very nice canyon render from you, I like it!
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2016

Just pleasing peaceful, calm colours...etc.

Jay

latest1.jpg
    1200 x 586 - 146K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited September 2016

• cyberjymcyberjym Posts: 33
    edited September 2016

Jaeuggerox Saddleship Fleet

Unfrbgfrtitled2.jpg
    1754 x 995 - 2M
    vlcsnap-error650.png
    1754 x 994 - 2M
    vlcsnap-error912.png
    1754 x 994 - 2M
    vlcsnap-error353.png
    1754 x 994 - 2M
    vlcsnap-error742.png
    1754 x 994 - 2M
    Post edited by cyberjym on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378

Beautiful, amazing renders from everyone. yessmiley

Dave – all your renders are awesome some very photorealistic, the experiments with the wake, overhanging cliffs and xFrog trees are great.

Horo – great landscapes and stills, especially the lighting. Thanks for the pdf.  The Cleft is awesome.

StuartB – very colorful underwater scenes, great caustic effect, love the one with the boat.

Melaniel – both your renders are very nice especially the re-worked ones.

C-ram – two stunning, beautiful render.

Jay – very nice peaceful render, simple but beautiful.

Cyberjym – very interesting objects.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,328

Wow, a few days away from this thread and what a lot to look at!

I especially liked Dave Savage's plant renders (especially the purple flowers one) - how much is involved in converting these for use? I've used xFrog plants in DAZ Studio (always have to invert the transparency maps) but as a Bryce beginner I've not tried them in Bryce yet. The autumn scene is great too.
    c-ram's superb images (especially the pines river one) really caught my eye too
    StuartB's underwater scene also - very nicely done.
    Hansmar's party abstract is very whimsical (and has such pretty colours)
    Jamahoney's nightime seascape is also very striking, and I like the effect of the lights on the shore and their reflections.
    cybergym - those saddleship fleet pics are really fascinating too - instancing lab I suppose?
    Horo - I love the alien artifact render (though what a fearsome object!) and the landscapes, especially the last one.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on my efforts, and for all your help and suggestions. This is a very informative and supportive group heart

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited September 2016

C-ram - excellnt outdoor images, especially liked the second one - really great lighting.

As always Dave Savage's images are really amazing...

Back during the "Storm" challenge Hansmar was kind enough to make some very constructive comments on the lights in the image. I finally got a chance to trying much lower light intensity values and made a big difference (thanks!). I also changed up things a little so that the "God Rays" more pronounced. Here's the result.

safe_harbor_2.jpg
    1500 x 562 - 280K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891

@MelanieL: Thank you. Not usually my colours, but they work well here, I think.

@Dan Whiteside: Glad to be of some assistance. I like the new version a lot. Specifically, the look of rain in amongst the trees is quite convincing.

edited September 2016

c-ram - thank you.

Jamahoney - very nice late evening scene.

cyberjym - very elaborate and interesting renders.

Mermaid - thank you.

MelanieL - thank you.

Dan - even more dramatic than the first version.

Three BryceTreeObject trees rendered as pencil sketch with the specular method. Above classic with white specular, below with coloured specular and the HDRI mixed with the sky colour, that's the only difference. The labels were made in EleFont. Specular from the WhiteSphere HDRI rendered with quality 1024.

Three Trees

ThreeTrees.jpg
    1080 x 1200 - 243K
    Post edited by Horo on

Cheers, Mermaid, MelanieL and Horo for very kind comments (did this out of boredom, so a quick and easy render).

Amazing battlefield scenes, Cyberjym...a lot of work involved.

Nice one, Dan...very atmospheric, but the house and, ahem, the bottle of coke cheeky would better be left out as they detract from the scene, in my humble, humble opinion.

I think I like the pencil work more, Horo...the lighting is really nice.

Below, a contrast of sorts - warm colours versus cold, bubbles versus stars etc., (bubbles aren't convincing enough, I know). One of Horo's and David's Fantastic skies was used. Title: Bubbles and Stars

Jay

BubblesAndStars.jpg
    1340 x 854 - 495K

edited September 2016

Hansmar – not sure how I missed your renders, both the abstracts are lovely, nice colors, my fav the Balls in Chaos

Dan Whiteside – wow more spectacular than the challenge one

Horo- great pencil sketch renders

Jay – love the Bubbles and Star, very nice

A Canyon using one of Horo’s Sunless Hdri skies.

canyon2.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 284K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited September 2016

Thanks again, Mermaid....and love the current scene: reminds me, for some unknown reason, of that excellent film, 'Capricorn One' - involved a fake, manned Mars's landing mission (full movie here - YouTube link).

Jay

Thanks Jay smiley

edited September 2016

Jamahoney - thank you; it was not thought as an extraordinary artwork but rather to remind every Brycer that there are quite cool BTO trees and that we can also direct render pencil sketches and coloured ones.
    Your Bubbles and Stars is a lovely idea and very well done.

Mermaid - thank you. Great canyon render from you.

I've been experimenting with colouring backdrop and light of a white HDRI (IES photometric map converted) and I found the rainbow over the HDRI a nice addition, though highly kitschy. A cool render - the colours, I mean.

Magic Rainbow

MagicRainbow.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 209K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited September 2016

Jamahoney: Great colourful render, full of contrast indeed. I love the bubbles!

mermaid010: No problem. There is so much to see... Wonderful canyon render. Great light and the addition of the plane helps for scale.

Horo: Tree renders look lovely, specifically the sketchy one. I'm not so convinced by your kitschy addition. For me the terrain and lighting itself is good enough and the 'rainbow' is too much of a distraction.

I don's really know what I was thinking, but this came out of another look at my last 'Structure Synth' object.

blocklights.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited September 2016

Horo – thanks, the landscape is nice, I like the addition of the Rainbow.

Hansmar – thanks, nice abstract, is the Structure Synth the same object you used in the Balls in chaos.

I played with Horo’s LightMap program (converting IES files to Hdri and Tiff.) For the 1st render I used the converted file as a Hdri and also a Tiff on a Radial light and the 2nd I only used a file converted to Hdri. The objects are from the presets.

ies1.jpg
    500 x 500 - 148K
    ies2b.jpg
    500 x 500 - 105K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited September 2016

Yeah, Horo,...see, you're experimenting, really.

Cheers, Hansmar...an unusual object, as you say, but extraodinarlyy, wave-like nice, in nature perspective....might be useful for future works, who knows.

Nice one, Mermaid...I recognise the second object (from Bryce etc.,), but the first one eludes me, which impacts most..but very nicely done. In the two, though, the lighting is superb.

Jay

@ MelanieL : thank you!

@ Mermaid : thank you, nice work with your last images,

@ Danwhiteside : beautifull render, luxurious vegetation and nice atmospheric effect.

Jay - thanks, the first object is from Misc folder too - Geometric2

C-ram - thanks

Mermaid020: Thanks. Yes, it is the same Structure Synth object indeed. There are many more angles for me to explore. Great lighting of the objects indeed!

Jamahoney: Thanks.

Hansmar - thank you. Structure Synth object is nicely presented.

Mermaid - thank you. Both objects look very nice.

Thanks Hansmar and Horo

edited September 2016

I played with flowers I got from Xfrog some time age (FL05_Cyclamen_persicum_Cyclamen_2) and put it in a pot from the Vegetation set.

Cyclamen

Cyclamen.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 299K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.