Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,133
    edited November 2016

Launok – you did a great job, putting the different models altogether.

Horo- the lighting and reflections on the artefact is stunning.

Inspired by Launok, I tried a SketchUp model the Rumah for this render. I removed the 2D trees from the model and used one of David’s skies from the Cloudscape pack and some xFrog trees.

villa_rumah.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 394K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 792

Here is another view of the 'Gameworld' render.

I have struggled with changing some colours in the scene.  How can I group back a specific model after changing some colours (see attachment)?  It is still ungrouped and the moment I move the rotate obviously everything turns into a mess.  It needs to be grouped in order to be rotated in which ever direction. This model is the walking woman in the right hand side of scene, still ungrouped.  If anyone can just direct me on how to group models it will be so much appreciated! smiley  I thought if I zoom in quite a bit it will be easy, but on clicking on the outside border of the square lines absolutely nothing happens!

Actually all the characters are currently ungrouped to change their skins from their ugly low-poly gray mats to a more human colour.  The woman with the red/white jacket skin on hands and arms I can't change.  When I click on hands part almost 90% of the model also change to the same mat, including clothing! indecision  It must be the way this character was originally created I assume.  And the male with bald head lost his hair leave him also with a small missing part (i.e. dark triangular mark).  I need to do some postwork to fix that.

Laura

GAMEWORLD2.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 401K
    Capture - HOW DO I GROUP MODEL.JPG
    1366 x 768 - 218K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Thank you Electro elvis!

Focusing on the ground one more time, here's a quick previous render my computers are working on.

Here, I have replicate a lot of grass recipes with little white flowers. Trees are coming from speedtree high sylvester pines. I have made the ground using a high definition texture apply to some terrains then applying the same texture for their materials.

I will post the final result soon.

grass focus.jpg
    1717 x 988 - 1M
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited November 2016

Horo: Thank you and . . . . . very nice lights on your alien artefact.

mermaid010: I did try some Sketchup models in the past. They are OK and as a model this one is very nice. I find the texturing often looking 'plastic' and unreal, compared to Bryce procedural textures.Not too bad in this one, I think.

launok: Yep, some models are made, or made available, in a form not well suited for modification. You'd better keep such models in the background, so you don't see the ugly mats too much.

c-ram: Wow, amazing  results. Must be very many instances of grass and flowers. I guess the total scene will test the limits of Bryce?

I made an island from a height-map based on a leaf photo again. Used it twice, smoothed one considerably, gave them different textures and put it partly under water. Found a bunch of tropical fish for free at Turbosquid (http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-tropical-fish-pack-3d-model/652729). Rather low poly and textures are simple, but they look well in the distance. So I added a few under water. I quite like the result now.

Fish in the sea.jpg
    875 x 875 - 860K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

@C-ram, well done forest floor scene!  What trees or tree material did you use?

@Hansamar, I like the underwater efect.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,254
    edited November 2016

Mermaid - thank you. Nice house, a bit of reflection on the car would could improve it.

launok - looking good.

c-ram - looks fantastically real.

Hansmar - thank you. Very interesting terrain shape.

Here's another landscape using a triple stacked terrain.

Lake on Isle

LakeOnIsle.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 168K
    Post edited by Horo on

@Hansmar : thank you, yes there's a lot of instance but I am far from Bryce limits here. The all scene is only about 1,6GB.

@Sriesch : thanks too, I have use some speedtree models, there are far the best way to produce high end realistic result. Speedtree is used in cinema industry and in a lot of movies like Avatar.

@Horo : Thank you, very nice stacked terrains here. I wonder how that kind of stunning mountains could look if I populate them with vegetation. 

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited November 2016

Right now I am just an enthusiastic bottle and vase-modeler with Hexagon. My last attempt is that bottle. I thought some grapes with Slepalex amazing texture would fit very well (Thank you so much). Light comes from a HDRI

I had a bit of trouble with the label. First I used the texture mapping mode parametric for it, but I got merely a brown surface :-( I tried out a few other texture mapping modes. In the end Cylindrical did it. But I have not idea why parametric did not work.

Bottle

wine.jpg
    700 x 700 - 362K
    wein_para.jpg
    450 x 450 - 149K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Nice modeling & render. Parametric, uses the UV coordinates set-up in modeling apps. In Hexagon you can set the UVs to be mapped cylindrical.  UV mapper app (classic) is free, work great in every Win or Mac os  I've ever used. It creates templates, which can be used in Photoshop & other paint apps to create texture maps.

edited November 2016

Thank you S Ray yes.

Although I am using Bryce since quite a few years, I still didn't realize that parametric is associated with UV coordinates. I am not so experienced with UV mapping, but that's something I wanted to learn a bit more anyway. I will give it definitely a try.

c-ram - thank you Marco. I'm not so good in placing a lot of small things into the scene but I do agree that some scenes would profit i were a bit more patient.

Electro-Elvis - very noce bottle and grapes. The curtain looks great. Mapping can be a bit of a trial now and then.

edited November 2016

@Thanks Horo

@c-ram: In my opinion the grass and the littler flowers are the stars of your scene.

@Hansmar: Very good result. Maybe the clouds are a bit on the bright side

@Horo: Another great landscape. Is it a Bryce terrain or not?

I modeled the book today and added a few not so often used items. Light comes from a Dome Light. Gradually I get a fan of this light type ;-)

A Dangerous Book

vampiruntensil.jpg
    800 x 640 - 392K
  • launoklaunok Posts: 792
    edited November 2016

Launok – you did a great job, putting the different models altogether.

Horo- the lighting and reflections on the artefact is stunning.

Inspired by Launok, I tried a SketchUp model the Rumah for this render. I removed the 2D trees from the model and used one of David’s skies from the Cloudscape pack and some xFrog trees.

It's good to know that I have inspired you although I am just a novice. blush Your render is great, well done! smiley

I also have to remove 2D plants, trees, etc. sometimes from Sketchup models.

Laura

Post edited by launok on

@electro elvis : very nice result with Alexey texture! I also like your last render, the lightning is impeccable. The grass and flowers are stars under super stars. I will post the final render soon and the real stars are some high sylvester trees from speedtree.

@Horo : I will be proud if you let me populate one of your terrains just to see how it can evolve.

sriesch: Thanks. Yep I like that effect very much too. Thanks largely to the good water texture, which came with one of my Bryce versions and I only modified it very slightly.

Horo: Thanks. And a very good landscape you made again. Would be nice to see c-ram populate one of your terrains with trees!

Electro-Elvis: Wonderful bottle form. You might have used a different texture on the cork (even if the wrap is still around it). Best, of course, would be to have a separate cork in the bottle smiley. Nice cheeky book and other render too. Good lights. Thanks for your comments. Actually, I found the clouds a little dull laugh.

launok said:

Here is another view of the 'Gameworld' render.

I have struggled with changing some colours in the scene.  How can I group back a specific model after changing some colours (see attachment)?  It is still ungrouped and the moment I move the rotate obviously everything turns into a mess.  It needs to be grouped in order to be rotated in which ever direction. This model is the walking woman in the right hand side of scene, still ungrouped.  If anyone can just direct me on how to group models it will be so much appreciated! smiley  I thought if I zoom in quite a bit it will be easy, but on clicking on the outside border of the square lines absolutely nothing happens!

Actually all the characters are currently ungrouped to change their skins from their ugly low-poly gray mats to a more human colour.  The woman with the red/white jacket skin on hands and arms I can't change.  When I click on hands part almost 90% of the model also change to the same mat, including clothing! indecision  It must be the way this character was originally created I assume.  And the male with bald head lost his hair leave him also with a small missing part (i.e. dark triangular mark).  I need to do some postwork to fix that.

Laura

I use mainly free models and they are a bit frustrating to use. You could try dragging a rectangle around the model. Normally when I have a few models and I wish to make changes to one and I need to ungroup it, I work in Solo mode. (see image) In this way you only have the one model/object and it can be easily regrouped. However most of the time there is no need to ungroup, Ctrl+Click on the wireframe and select which object you want to change. Watching David’s tutorials over and over again, I picked up a few tricks. wink  Hope this helps a bit.

solomode.jpg
    389 x 219 - 26K
    edited November 2016

C-ram – outstanding, stunning render, love the grass and flowers.

Hansmar- thanks, I don’t normally have much success with SketchUp models, this one worked okay. I like the island with the underwater effect,  so cool.

Horo- thanks. Another beautiful stacked terrains landscape.

Electro-Elvis – both your renders are great, nice modeling.

Laura – thanks, I’m also a novice in a sense wink

With all the excitement of the Super Moon, I did a moon render, again using one of the sky presets from David's Cloudscape pack.

supermoon.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 341K
    edited November 2016

Electro-Elvis - thank you Alex. Finally, it is a Bryce terrain but it was initially made in WorldCreator and processed in HDRShop.
    The still life with the book is excellent and the lighting superb. Considering the title of the book, it appears you were thinking about recent affairs.

c-ram - that is a very generous offer and I've sent you an email.

Hansmar - thank you.

Mermaid - thank you. Great scene with the Super Moon.

I used the Streets of Asia from Stonemason again and run into an issue. It rendered fine, but when loading the saved scene, a grey rectangle appeared when rendering (see insets). Deleting the object and loading it from the library resolved the issue. Saving and reloading (even restarting Bryce) brought back the rectangle. I could identify the offending object but it cannot be completely ungrouped. It appears Bryce flips some normals when saving.

Looking Out

LookingOut.jpg
    1200 x 987 - 249K
    Post edited by Horo on

mermaid010: Thanks. And a very lovely moon render!

Horo: Nice render, strange issue. I once had an issue with a console (computers and such) where there was a red square and I couldn't see what caused it at all. I put something in front to get rid of it.

edited November 2016

@Launok: Oh, oh I have just realized, that my comment of your scene went lost in my last post. Now I am looking like an unfriedly twerp. I think, I should be more careful, when I edit my posts.

Here it is. 'Bryce is not very good in handling a lot of different characters. (A lot means as you mentioned sometimes just 2 :-). But you did a great job. I found out regarding DAZ3D characters, that you can import around 10 genesis 1 characters with clothes made for them. With genesis 2 characters and clothes made for them 3 or 4 at the most. And with genesis 3 characters and clothes for them 2 at the most. Basically it depends on the complexity of their clothes, which grows with every genesis level, not on the character itself.

edited November 2016

Horo- thanks. nice render - Looking Out

Hansmar - thanks

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2016

I was disappointed on Super Moon night that we had 100% cloud cover....

.... Luckily Peter The Polar Bear had a fab view with perfectly clear skies. laugh

PeterSuperMoon.jpg
    369 x 1200 - 59K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Hansmar - thank you. I've resolved the issue. My mistake. When I transfered the Streets of Asia from Studio to Bryce, I scaled it down to put it into the Objects library. I got the object from an earlier render in the original size and it worked fine. I down-scaled it and put it into the library and then had the same issue but not when I saved it in the original size in the library.

Mermaid - thank you.

Dave - hi mate, same here, low hanging clouds is what we had. Great render!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2016
    Horo said:

Hansmar - thank you. I've resolved the issue. My mistake. When I transfered the Streets of Asia from Studio to Bryce, I scaled it down to put it into the Objects library. I got the object from an earlier render in the original size and it worked fine. I down-scaled it and put it into the library and then had the same issue but not when I saved it in the original size in the library.

Mermaid - thank you.

We had both clouds and fog,  and at 1200ft it is sometimes difficult to tell where one ends ant the other starts. Peter looks as though he enjoyed the moonshine.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Horo said:

Mermaid - thank you.

Horo, glad you figured it out.

Dave, some problem here!

edited November 2016

Nothing special this time.

I decided to reuse my Structure Synth object that made all those blocky renders. This time I put it in full view (from quite a distance), added some lights, a starry sky and a flyer for an abstracy sci-fi look. 

alien object.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 740K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - wow, love the sci-fi render

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited November 2016

I got a Dubby van from Humster3D... Having fun.

RipTide.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 189K
    VDubberPurpYell.jpg
    650 x 650 - 224K
    VDubberSunSet.jpg
    1666 x 750 - 734K
    PinkDubby.jpg
    650 x 650 - 159K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on

Dave - beautiful van renders love the sunset one. Great SuperMoon render.

Mermaid, thanks

Dave, Great van renders!

This discussion has been closed.