Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2016

Cheers, Horo.

Very nice, Elvis...I wish more would get in to the DS characters as they really are worth doing - pose is super, and I like your tiles, too.

Heh he, Hansmar, and leaf as a terrain is thinking outside the box indeed.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Sorry for the late reply, haven't logged on for a while. 

Thank you Horo, Mermaid010 and Hansmar! 

All great renders above. StuartB That water one is awesome!
    Mermaid010 Cool abstract! I love doing fractal abstract and that's what that reminds me of.

Here is one i did last night. I made the "Armored Spheres" in Wings3D using I think a tutorial from ArtWade on youtube. I did the rest in Bryce. I was going for hyperrealism and used one of Horo's HDRI lighting that he has on his website. Still learning a lot about that and i tinker around a lot. Which also causes many crashes sometimes lol. I wish my pc was meant for rendering. This 640X480 pixel pic took 9 1/2 hours to render! I had set it on premium and went to bed. LOL that is a long time for something that seems pretty simple. But I was surprised with the result. Probably the most realistic render i have done so far.

Armored sphere.jpg
    640 x 472 - 216K
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks very much Electro-Elvis and ArleneS.

@ArleneS. Thats nice, quite photographic.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,133

Dave - nice splashes, thanks for the link.

Hansmar - thanks, interesting render using a leaf for the height map;

Jay - spooky render.

Electro-Elvis - thanks, great render.

ArleneS - thanks, awesome render, great lighting.

• zeroghost01zeroghost01 Posts: 7
    edited November 2016

Here is one image of a few I did for a graphic novel type book. The author was throwing me pictures from inside a game, so I decided to do the work in Bryce. 

Fairly vanilla settings and only a few custom settings and textures as I was not making my usual fee, but here's what I did with some Daz purchased geometry and some free commercial free models I found. Did a load of pre renders and experiments first. Some good, but generic textures and lighting. All in the composition. See the set at https://www.behance.net/gallery/44644591/2020-Wall-3D-illustration-for-SciFi-type-book?​

DCI Encampment at wall barrier

Post edited by zeroghost01 on

zeroghost01 - very nice renders, great "advert" for Bryce, smiley welcome to the forum

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,254

Electro-Elvis - very nice shot of the lady.

Hansmar - good idea. There are so many possibilities with the TE. I once created a terrain from the temperature data of a year. I have ben collecting the local weather data for each half hour over more than 20 years now. Once I put my head over a flatbed scanner and used the scan for an island terrain.

ArleneS - the balls came out excellent.

zeroghost01 - welcome to the forum. Great render (and the ones on the behance site).

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

ArleneS: Very good render with those balls. Fantastic reflection and light.

zeroghost01: Welcome to the forum. Looks like a good scifi scene. Beautiful perspective and very good use of 'dust'.

Horo: Very nice ideas you have! I will experiment with more pictures too. I once used a photo of the head of a zebra for a terrain too.

edited November 2016

Not much done in Bryce lately and wanted to test the HDRI pano I photographed two days ago.

Odd Couple

OddCouple.jpg
    1200 x 773 - 219K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Nice Bryce style pictures from everyone! coming back from French alpes where I was in holidays, I have take several automnal photos shoot to get inspired for my next bryce work.

Right, for the moment, here's just one of my last picture using megascan's free stuff. rocks are all coming from megascan studio, vegetation from xfrog and vp real grass. Trees from speedtree.

Megascan.jpg
    2000 x 1105 - 992K
    edited November 2016

Horo- cool render, the lighting and materials awesome

C-ram – another beautiful render

A Still using David’s tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRld0h13QZg

sfx-hyper09.jpg
    600 x 600 - 268K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited November 2016

c-ram - beautiful very realistic looking render. I particularly like the tree trunk with the damaged bark.

Mermaid - thank you. It appears we were doing roughly the same.

Another terrain experiment, inverted and the very exaggerated area to height ratio of 2:1.

Gupf

Gupf.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 223K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 792

Just a simple render I have quickly done today in Bryce.  All the models, except characters, are from Sketchup Warehouse.  The characters are Lara Croft which I have picked up at DeviantArt and posed them in Xnalara, a new (gaming) program I have started playing around with only recently.

Laura

GAMEWORLD NEW TRY 18.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 225K

Horo: Both objects and landscape are beautiful!

mermaid010: Love the lighting in your render!

launok: Nice  comic-like render. Love the green car.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited November 2016

Recently I stumbled over a few free models of fruits and a few other useful things in the DAZ3D shop (who is not glad to have a vampire hunter gear). Search for 'Props Pack' e.g 'Props Pack - Harvest Fruits'
    I gave them a try, I think they look good. It's a premium render with TA, light comes form a cube dome light.

fruitbowl.jpg
    640 x 480 - 196K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited November 2016

Thanks Horo and Hansmar

Laura - lovely render, I love how you put it together. yes I have being trying to do similar setups but failed.

Electro-Elvis - wow awesome bowl of fruits, I guess it's a free download for PA members only

Etd: It's free for all http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q='Props+Pack+-+Harvest+Fruits'

Thanks Electro-Elvis laugh just checked it out.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited November 2016

Recently I stumbled over a few free models of fruits and a few other useful things in the DAZ3D shop (who is not glad to have a vampire hunter gear). Search for 'Props Pack' e.g 'Props Pack - Harvest Fruits'
    I gave them a try, I think they look good. It's a premium render with TA, light comes form a cube dome light.

Electro-Elvis, good composition.
    I think you need to add more glare (specularity) on the fruit, especially on the grapes.
    This is from my old collection.

Grapes.jpg
    840 x 630 - 364K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 855
    edited November 2016

@mermaid010: Thanks, Your are welcome. Very nice what-ever-its-called geometrical object ;-) Lovely colours

@slepalex: Thank you. Your grape texture is really amazing. Looks absolutly convincing, much better than the texture that comes with DAZ3D's grape model.

@c-ram: Everything in your scene looks stuning. The grass in the foreground and the the old stump on the left especially.

@Horo: I assume that's a bryce made terrain, it looks great, I like the texture. One little thing, the transition from land to water looks somewhat unreal.

@launok: Nice scene. As hansmar I like the green car, too

@zeroghost01: Impressive picture and nice composition.

@ArleneS: Looks very good. Well done.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

@slepalex: Thank you. Your grape texture is really amazing. Looks absolutly convincing, much better than the texture that comes with DAZ3D's grape model.

Hello, Alexander!
    I sent you something in the mail.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

@Mermaid: Thank you! nice modeling shape and lighting method

@Horo and Electro-Elvis: Thanks for you nice comment, always trying to render with the most realistic effect Bryce is able to produce. Well if you like the trunk on the left, here's the link to this free stuff for download : http://www.123dapp.com/catch/Dead-tree/2345696

@SleepAlex : Aways a pleasure to see your work, hoping that there is some more to come soon because I miss it, especially your landscapes renders.

edited November 2016

launok - looking nice.

Electro-Elvis - thank you. Yes, there is chalk and the foam that make it look a bit odd. It's better on the left side where this part is in the shadow.
    Very nice still life with the fruits. I thought the same as Slepalex when I saw your artwork yesterday night. Apple and pear look very real, I don't miss the gloss, but the grapes definitely need gloss. It is difficult to get gloss (or specular) on objects when rendered with TA. It has to be done with reflection.

Slepalex - your fruits look realistic (of course), very nice still life.

c-ram - thank you, also for the link.

I used 14 Utopia city blocks, sky and ambient light from an HDRI I made (faked) some time ago from the ESO complete sky survey (credit ESO/S. Brunier), and the sun as key light.

Galaxopolis

Galaxopolis.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 144K
    Post edited by Horo on

Electro-Elvis: Nice bowl of fruits, but I agree with Slepalex on the glossiness, specifically of the grapes.

Slepalex: Great looking fruit. Wonderful still life.

Horo: Nice city scene. I think it might even be nicer with a bit less overall light and some lights in streets and windows.

Slepalex -wow excellent render with awesome lighting

Electro-Elvis - thanks

C-rams - thanks

Horo- cool city scene

edited November 2016

Made two abstracts with a thingy made in Hexagon. Two very different views, with different sky, IBL, surrounding sphere in one of them. Rendering, of course, in Bryce.

reflectionthing.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    splash_blue.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited November 2016

Hansmar - thank you. The thingy you made and how it is presented looks great.

Mermaid - thank you.

I've rearranged the city blocks and subjected them to a sandstorm.

Desert City

DesertCity.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 81K
    Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar - the abstracts are awesome.

Horo- a great sandstorm render

• launoklaunok Posts: 792

I have posted this scene a few days back with only 2 characters in the scene.  Today I have added more characters to bring a bit of life to the scene.  I am quite happy that the low-poly characters (non Daz) are working quite well in Bryce.  Usually Bryce runs out of memory or even crashes when I add more than 2 Daz Studio characters in the same scene but then they are quite HD quality with all the textures, etc.  For my personal use (I am not a pro) this is working great.

GAMEWORLD.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 230K

Horo: Thanks. And I hope the city doesn't block up completely with the sand. 

mermaid010: Thank you.

launok: Yes, well done. More active now!

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Very interesting results, Launok...keep researching...worth it in the end, no doubt.

Jay

edited November 2016

launok - very nice.

Hansmar - thank you.

I've used an Alien Artefact by MatCreator and subjected it to reflection and specularity from the WpH96 specular convolved HDRI.

Grapple for Light

Grapple4light.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 164K
    Post edited by Horo on
This discussion has been closed.