Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2016

Never tasted it myself, Horo (closest I would have was Pernot), but I recall that the impressionists used Absinthe a lot as their daily, painterly tipple.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797
    edited August 2016

After being away, a new render. I started out making a strange object with intersecting elements, put them in a render, added some gulls and dropped the elements. Now the elements are back in a gull-like environment.

Ship is a freebie (from Archive3d.net). Sea is a terrain with sea material. The Orca is also free (I think from Adam Thwaites).

"Hey, captain, I think we lost something!"

blocks.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 875K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited August 2016

Title suits, Hansmar...nice one...but have doubts about this so-called 'captain' - questioning his/her headings away from possible radiogenic objects that will pollute our seas surprise

Jay

Jamahoney said:

Title suits, Hansmar...nice one...but have doubts about this so-called 'captain' - questioning his/her headings away from possible radiogenic objects that will pollute our seas surprise

Jay

I fully agree, Jay. (S)He should turn back and clean up his mess! There is already enough plastic in the oceans.

edited August 2016

Ah yes, Hansmar, plastics: was watching a program recently on their effects...all due to US (not United States, to be clear) of course; due to OUR washed-up waste products upon reached beaches around the world. But, really, I was commenting on your work as a super, if not releveant, idea-of-sorts...with cynicism, and a bit of fun, too: apportioned at the driver (the captain or intern) involved cheeky. Of course, I know you get it.

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,276

Hansmar - cool idea, very nicely done. I won't start about the wastes in the oceans, there's a reason I live in a country far away from them cheeky

Jamahoney said:

Ah yes, Hansmar, plastics: was watching a program recently on their effects...all due to US (not United States, to be clear) of course; due to OUR washed-up waste products upon reached beaches around the world. But, really, I was commenting on your work as a super, if not releveant, idea-of-sorts...with cynicism, and a bit of fun, too: apportioned at the driver (the captain or intern) involved cheeky. Of course, I know you get it.

Jay

Of course, I got it.

Horo said:

Hansmar - cool idea, very nicely done. I won't start about the wastes in the oceans, there's a reason I live in a country far away from them cheeky

Thanks, you living there must have nothing to do with where you were born, eh? laugh

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited August 2016

Still exploring the possibilities of the High Res Terrains: Taking things out of context... This is one of the Planetary sized terrains looking like a very detailed small piece of rock, further enhanced by the addition of some Ivy Generator generated ivy.

IvyRuin3.jpg
    1666 x 975 - 816K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
    edited August 2016

@Dave Savage: Very nice idea, and well done. I like people exploring strange things!

I made a surreal one. Modifie ad and posed a couple of DAZ Milhorse LEs, using textures I found elsewhere, and created the rocks via intersecting rocks and lattices (with spikes). A premade terrain (stretched and retextured), the sun and a distant light (more or less opposite the sun) as two suns.

Title: Soaring

soaring.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,162

Dave – excellent landscape renders, love the one with the ruins. Fabulous IvyRuins

Horo- thanks

Hansmar – both your surrealism renders are awesome, especially the horses in the 2nd one.

Dave - great use of the terrain, looks awesome.

Hansmar - cool surreal render. I do like the horses.

edited September 2016

Thanks. smiley

Hansmar: Very much in the Dali style with the horses that look every such a bit like giraffes... Well done.

Another play with the high res terrains... With an HDRI from Horo's Sunless Skies and an old freebie Easter Island statue I picked up off the internet somewhere. Grass is just one of the Bryce object library grasses with modified materials (2 layers, one more a biege than green) and two stock Bryce trees.

Took an hour to set up and an hour to render.

EasterIsland.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 900K
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,162

Dave - awesome, love it.

edited September 2016

Thanks Mermaid.

This same scene, different aspect ratio and now night has fallen.

EasterIslandNight.jpg
    1350 x 1950 - 886K
    edited September 2016

Dave - the day and night renders with the Easter Island statues look both really beautiful.

I've been working on a tool that can read the luminairs from IES photometric files and convert them into a mask for use on a radial and into an HDRI that can be used for IBL. It works on the PC only and it's available for free on my website. The previous version had yet an issue which I discovered when I analysed 30 files I converted. The HDRI used here is one of two that were wrong. I kept them and used one here for specular, light and backdrop.

Lava Stone

LavaStone.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 201K
    Post edited by Horo on

Mermaid, Horo, Dave: Thanks so much.

Dave Savage: Wonderful scene and great renders. Both have a different atmosphere, but are very interesting to look at.

Horo: Looks like great lighting!

edited September 2016

Nice Horo. I like how the smooth background contrasts with the slightly disturbing shape.

My latest play with the high res terrains... Still infinite fun to be had...

This is my rendition of Billie Joe MacAllister getting ready to jump off the Tallahatchie Bridge.

".... And then she said she got some news this mornin' from Choctaw Ridge
    Today Billie Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge" - Ode to Billie Joe (Bobbie Gentry)

RoadBridgeALT.jpg
    900 x 1300 - 707K
    edited September 2016

Hansmar - thank you.

Dave - thank you. Great image with the bridge. Reminds me of an old render I once made, only much better.

The Landrover Freelander are from the Internet, triple stacked terrain from the Hi-Res Terrain set 2 with materials from the sets 1 and 3. The sky is a sunless HDRI I made a month ago.

Raising Dust

RaisingDust.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 278K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited September 2016

I was going to enter this in the Light and Colour challenge but did'nt finish it in time.. Oh well.

Waterworld 1.jpg
    1298 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Nice renders from everyone! I really like the motorbike and the landscape from Dave, especially the bridge scene.

@Horo : nice and bizarre shape, the light is incredible. Also very nice staked terrains with the cars, that's what I call a highend bryce render!

Working on a new project, I have download some nice and free models from Quixel megascans : https://megascans.se

The models and concept have been use on many movies like  disney jungle book.

edited September 2016

Dave Savage: Great, dramatic scene. Did you make that bridge yourself?

Horo: Wow. You make Bryce renders look so incredibly real! This is wonderful.

StuartB: This is one of the most wonderful underwater scenes from Bryce I have ever seen! Great lights and beautiful colours.

c-ram: Thanks for the link. I'll have a look too.

Created another abstract. Based on a 'building' made with Structure Synth (quite extensive). I put the camera in the edge and added some coloured reflected spheres, because I felt like it. A night sky gives the atmosphere. The 'building' is textured with a pure reflective texture.

'balls in chaos'

balls in chaos.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • You guys and gals are KILLING IT with these renders! Amazing.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

You guys and gals are KILLING IT with these renders! Amazing.

Hey!! It's been a while, Rashad!

Thank you! Bryce is alive as you can see, a lot of nice artists are using it.. but I think you won't come back, aren't you?

•  Yes well, if you live close enough I could be coaxed into lending a hand, I will fix things for food and beer.

That's really very generous of you, David. But alas, being about half way between Nottingham and Derby means I'm too far away from Mablethorpe to ruthlessly exploit take you up on your kind offer. Once the place is livable, we shall just have to do food and beer for the sake of it. Interestingly*, it's a fair bet that we both live within a mile of the A52. Maybe not all roads lead to Mablethorpe, but that one does.

*OK, not.

Thanks very much Hansmar.

I don't come here often enough, just caught up on a lot of excellent renders.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,210
    edited September 2016

I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from the last Bryce Challenge, so thought I'd post here. (Some great stuff being going on in this thread recently)

The first was just me playing with a basic sky, then I picked up a Faveral Bryce ship today so had to add it. There's a little postwork to add some foam round the hull - any way I can do that in Bryce? I know there's a tutorial on adding it to the edges of an island terrain, but could that work for objects?

The second is my first attempt at tiling and messing with terrains in Horo's Terrain Editor.

Grim-Island.jpg
    1536 x 768 - 647K
    Valley-Jungle.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 494K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

Stuart - this is a great underwater scene with the caustics and those creatures.

c-ram - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. I like you balls of chaos, cool idea.

Rashad - good to see you around.

MelanieL - two nice landscape scenes. Both look as on an overcast day. You could switch on the sun and/or increase its diffuse to give the scene light and shadows. The position of the sun also changes a scene dramatically. Foam around the hull: the method with the beach could work but would need to change the material of the ships hull. Using an object for the foam is easier. A small terrain for example or a tree, which must be made very flat, the trunk and branch material transparent and the leaves white. I haven't tried the tree method but someone did and it looked quite convincing.

Thanks very much Horo.

• MelanieL said:
    There's a little postwork to add some foam round the hull - any way I can do that in Bryce?

Yup, try these: http://www.sharecg.com/v/5728/browse/5/3D-Model/Ship-Wakes

I'm going to download them and see what I can get out of them later this evening when my present render has finished rendering.

This discussion has been closed.