Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Top and bottom left and top right are all made from terrains using a heart shaped brush.
    Top Middle is made from two stretched spheres, booleaned together and as you can see regardless of how accurate they are placed, you can always see the join.
    Bottom middle is a geometrically perfect heart shaped box (complete with removable lid) that I made entirely out of Bryce primitives and some amount of boolean functions.

None if which would be right for the present heart idea, but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

Hearts.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 289K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

@Sandy - nice clouds and broken trees.

@CTippetts - nice try with the heart.

@Art - nice hearts.

@RG - very nice heart.

@3dnewbie3433 - nice abstract, looks like an eye.

@Dave - great use of DOF in the Dandelion render. Hearts are nice, too.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

Dave- beautiful dandelion render, the hearts are nice too

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104
    edited December 1969

I've tried to make hearts in Bryce too... I'll see if I can find some of them.

Meanwhile... Dandelion season is upon us.

Yep, next door neighbours garden is full of them :-)

Nice render.

edited December 1969

Top and bottom left and top right are all made from terrains using a heart shaped brush.
    Top Middle is made from two stretched spheres, booleaned together and as you can see regardless of how accurate they are placed, you can always see the join.
    Bottom middle is a geometrically perfect heart shaped box (complete with removable lid) that I made entirely out of Bryce primitives and some amount of boolean functions.

None if which would be right for the present heart idea, but I thought I'd share anyway. :)

Some really nice ideas for making hearts.

edited December 1969

Thanks all... The Dandelion one started life looking like this... But then I thought I'd try something from a different angle.

GrassyHillSceneALT.jpg
    1111 x 555 - 458K
    edited December 1969

Thanks all... The Dandelion one started life looking like this... But then I thought I'd try something from a different angle.

I like that one just as much :-)

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I like the grassy hills scene. Everybody hates dandelions in their lawns... but I think they're very pleasant flowers when scattered across a field!
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891
    edited December 1969

Great work, people!

@vivien1: Thanks, I too thought the clouds and landscape were nice together.
    Nice looking sene too. Great columns and nice low POV. Makes me think of the Saline Royale in Arc et Senans, France (http://s559419324.onlinehome.fr/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/DSC_0020.jpg), although it looks very different!

@Fishtales: seriously? Thanks. Just one of the many animals, I think. I do like your clouds very much too. The middle one looks best to me.

@TheSavage64: You’ve been away? Must have gone to buy a new car, I assume. These renders look great! And both the close up and the landscape of the Dandelions are lovely. Still, I try to keep them out of my lawn, before there is no grass left (which is difficult enough with all the other greenery trying to choke my poor grass!)

@fencepost52: Wonderful abstracts. I specially like the lower one, looks like something from the late giant Giger! For example: http://ayay.co.uk/background/science_fiction/h_r_giger/biomechanical-landscape-008/. And thanks for your nice comments. It would be great to gaze at clouds like that!

@RG: Wonderful caves. They all look very good, especially also thanks to the clever lights!

@Horo: thanks. I know the clouds are not natural, but that was part of the fun!

@C-ram: thanks. You can do great things with Instancing, as Alex has shown multiple times!

@slepalex: Like everybody, I prefer version 1. Mostly because of the trees looking much better. The yellowy grass looks nice (warm light) in version 2. However, both are really great!

@CTippetts: Sorry to hear about your father. Great he has such a positive view. The heart is going to look very good, I am sure.

@3dnewbie3433: Very nice abstract.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I like the grassy hills scene. Everybody hates dandelions in their lawns... but I think they're very pleasant flowers when scattered across a field!

And they are a very good food source for the bees as they come out before a lot of other flowers do.

edited December 1969

I LOVE bees so of course, also love dandelions. :)

I've just found the finished heart shaped box picture... Showing the lid off and a little ad for Bryce included on the lid :)

All totally made out of Bryce Primities.

Maltesers.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 55K
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

@TheSavage64 - Wonderful hearts. I really like your approach with the two stretched spheres, but I see why a seam might always be seen it seems. Not sure, though. I might play with that method, anyway, just for fun, even though the T-shirt design is now finished. Love the Heart Box. Booleans happen. However, I really, really like the Dandelions, (or, as I pronounce it, Dan-DEL-yuns). NICE job!

This is the finished T-shirt design, (reduced 50%). I brought the final render as a TIFF into Paint Shop Pro 8 for the text. My Dad picked the font and the colors. I told him it was Christmas colors, but that's what he wants ... to more represent "stop" and "go". I also told him the font he chose, "Magic Marker", would be best without the black outline, but that's what he wants. I also offered to make the heart look like gold to represent his "heart of gold", but he hated that idea ... insulted me for thinking of it.

Now to print the shirt. After pricing this at various nearby T-shirt shops, I may just print it myself. Upwards of $40 through them, though duplicates would only be about $20-$25 each. We only need one. That's with their fonts, that my Dad doesn't want. I've done lots of iron-ons in the past that were every bit as good as the results T-shirt shops produce. They just don't last as long as the T-shirt shop versions ... fading with each wash. I'd take a picture of the finished shirt and post it here, but I think I've worn this theme out. Valentines Day has long passed.

HeartTShirt_50pct.jpg
    812 x 1088 - 100K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

CTippetts. - Sorry to hear about your dad, I'm sure he will wear the T-Shirt with pride
    and well done to every one else that contributed their hearts.

Dave - your Maltesers heart looks special, good enough to eat. And both the dandelion renders look great. The close up in particularly.

3dnewbie - Nice abstract

Hansmar - Thank you for your comment. I might attempt to make the Saline Royale in Arc et Senans

edited December 1969

Dave – love 2nd Dandelion render, the background mountain and clouds look awesome, the box of chocolates delicious.

CTippetts – the result is beautiful. Love your dad’s positive thinking, may he wear the T-shirt with good health.

A simple space scene using one of the David and Horo’s Hdri - Gascloud Flame A1-Sc

scene03.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 62K
  • Naughty-GNaughty-G Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Bryce 7.1PRO has begun to learn.
    It's difficult to master.
    A result of the learning is submitted.

c0367353_15424907.jpg
    522 x 640 - 84K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

@CTippetts: Glad the models worked for your project. Great job on the t-shirt layout and best wishes to your dad. I'm sure he'll wear the shirt with pride, and rightly so!

@Vivien: Thank you for letting me know where you got your models. I have an account there as well, but haven't checked the site out lately.

@slepalex: Love both of your landscapes. I, too, like the first one best, but both are awesome. I've added you to my watch list on deviantart.

@DaveSavage: Nice work on both dandelion renders. I actually like dandelions, but then again, I don't have them invading my yard. :) The hearts are great and the version with the candies look real.

@RG: Glad you're rendering with Bryce again. Very nice cavern scenes. My favorites are the 2nd and 4th.

@Mermaid: Nice space scene and with the tie fighter, it's timely with all the buzz about Star Wars!

@Koich: Welcome to the forums and a very nice render.

@fishtales: My favorite of the 3 are 1 and 3. Volumetric clouds is on my list of things to learn.

@3dnewbie3433: Awesome abstract! Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

A couple more sea foam experiments. Gonna keep pushing myself to get better with them. I'm frustrated with the Bryce Instancing Lab and have about given up on using it. Even simple scenes using fairly low resolution models tend to crash my box. So, for now, I'm going to keep my landscapes fairly simple and add items individually. SIGH

BonVoyage.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Kyle-SoundWaveExperiment_2.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 925K
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 509
    edited December 1969

Another render for the day....

SeashoreD.jpg
    1350 x 759 - 861K
    edited December 1969

fencepost52

The colour of the surf on the first one doesn't look quite right to me; the second one is much better; I really like the third one, very Alpine lakes looking.

edited December 1969

Koich - Welcome to the forums, a very nice render, with nice lighting.

Art- Thanks. You are getting nice results with the foam experiments. The last one (post 407) is awesome

The Weird planet which I entered in the challenge viewed through the GWL from Lens and Filter Pack]

weirdplanet.jpg
    700 x 525 - 67K
    edited May 2015

mermaid010

My first glance at your image and I thought that was a multi-coloured spider in the foreground :-)

Some playing about with lights and volumes again :-)

The rays is a Pyramid with volume rays in front of a Square Spotlight with Procedural Gel using the same rays volume material (I'm not sure if it is doing anything to be honest :-) )

The first image has the sun visible and the second with it turned off. I'm not sure which works the best but I prefer the one with it off :-) I allowed the light from the IBL to come forward a bit more on the second one as I thought the foreground was too datk.

Sunset Rays

sunset-rays-002.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 378K
    sunset-rays-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 274K
    Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited December 1969

@Dave - nice again but I prefer the prebious with the DOF. And yes, we Love Bryce. Very nice.

@CTippetts - well done heart. All the best to you dad.

@mermaid010 - this is beautiful. It looks like two suns. The weirs planet is weird indeed. Great idea, I like it.

@Koich - if you modeled this lantern yourself in Bryce, you're a master. And it is nicely presented as well.

@Art - still working on the beach, it appears. The second render looks very good, the landscape with the islands as well.

@Sandy - looking nice. At first gkance, I prefer the second one but on second thought, I think the first one has more potential.

edited December 1969

Sandy - lovely scenes my fave the 1st one.

Horo - thanks

edited December 1969

I was testing my program to filter and combine terrains and overdid sharpening and expanding a bit to see what happens. The second one consists of the same two terrains but was processed differently so that some parts are mirrored. Both are bad examples made for the documentation.

Similitudes.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 172K
    WallsNeedles.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 252K
    edited May 2015

Horo - both are nice, the 1st one makes a nice alien planet but I like the 2nd one.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • CTippettsCTippetts Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

Wow, Horo! If those are "bad examples" I'm anxious to be awed by the good ones.

Today is Mother's Day, so I made my Mom a Mother's Day card. Half of one of the images below was on the front, and I wrote a corny poem for the inside.

This was made from a visit to ShareCG. I found an Arbor Bench, a Rose, Hedges, and a Worn Grass tiled terrain. I went crazy with Ivy Generator on the Arbor, and added multiple copies of the Rose, since my mother likes roses, and has a bunch in the gardens. I also used the SlepAlex/David Brinnen "Grass made from trees" method to enhance the Worn Grass. I made the Hedges a bit too big, and they are trimmed neater than any hedge I've ever seen. However, I was able to throw this whole thing together in a matter of minutes. Well, it was more like an hour and a half, but it seemed like minutes. Spent most of the time in the Ivy Generator, and then getting the Ivy pieces to fit on the Arbor.

Then, after I finished printing the card, I decided to make a stereo version of this. I made two ... one for those that can see stereo images using the crossed eyes method, and one for those of you lucky enough to have a Stereo-Scope type device.

MothersDayArbor_Stereo2.jpg
    1400 x 695 - 247K
    MothersDayArbor_Stereo1.jpg
    1400 x 695 - 247K
  • vivienvivien Posts: 184
    edited December 1969

Mermaid - Nice sci-fi scene, the red terrain reminds me of one the episodes of Star Trek. As for the second one I see a great party going on, even with fireworks, can I come? Looks great.

Koich - Welcome to the forum. I like your render

Art - Very nice landscapes. The foam is coming along quite well. The wade of the ship in the second one looks really good

Sandy - Nice scenes. I prefer the first one. the sun seems to give it better ambiance

Horo - Both very interesting terrains. The first looks like the great wall of China. And love the sky on the second one.

CTippetts - Very lucky mum... She must be really happy with her card... Nice one.

I am really enjoying the seamless textures by David and Horo, I though I use some in a Balinese garden.

buda.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 426K
    edited May 2015

@CTippetts - thank you. Below is a not-bad example. Nice work from you with the Ivy Generator.

@vivien1 - thank you. A very nice Bhudda scene of yours. I like the idea of the huge stones on his back.

There are 16 Metamorphism terrains exported as 1024 resolution terrain tiles and the assembled to one 4096 terrain and processed in the TE-Filters program. Sky and ambient light from an HDRI, key light by the sun.

Lakes.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 172K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 870
    edited December 1969

Horo: I am not quite sure what you mean with TE filters, but your terrain looks terrific.

Vivien1: A nice scene with a lot of tranquillity. I especially like the short grass around the four orbs and the Buddha has a nice gold colour. Is it from the Bryce standard materials?

CTippetts: The stereo effect worked very well. Nice card.

Fishtales: I think the first picture looks better. In the second one the shadow areas are a bit too bright.

mermaid010: Weird indeed, but fun, too :-) I am still wondering, what this jumping things (one is in the foreground) are? I guess an utterly foreign species.

fencepost52: first I took your second shoreline picture for a photo. First of all the smaller version. Therefore your foam cannot be so bad ;-) Well done.

Vivien1 inspired me for my latest scene. I tried to visualize the new entrance for our company. (I am afraid if we could afford it, we had to sell the whole company ;-) Therefore only in Bryce.

itservices.jpg
    800 x 600 - 535K
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis - thank you. Very nice entrance. Yeah, there are a lot of things I can only afford in Bryce, not the real thing. TE-Filters is a program I wrote that extends the Bryce TE for terrain sizes 1024, 2048 and 4096.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Though I've been lurking, I've not been doing much in the way of artworks, mostly, actually digging and recovering from digging (which involves beer and then collapsing into bed). The work though is on hold while my workmate recovers from a torn knee ligament - a decidedly not nice thing. And so, thanks to Horo's kind offer to let me try out his TE filter software, I was instantly lured into playing with the height maps. The first thing I noticed about the program Horo's written is how fast it is, it is blistering quick, particularly if you are used to processing 4096 x 4096 terrains in Bryce, it will seem to run at the speed of light. In spite of this phenomenal speed, I lost an hour and a half to experimenting, because it is like that once you start filtering and manipulating heightmaps, you end up just trying filter after filter after filter over and over, or I do anyways. So the result, well not up to the standard Horo has already demonstrated, but I thought I should show something after throwing all that processing power at the problem. Just don't ask what combination got me to this stage!

Materials and lighting come from Horo's and mine, high resolution terrains packs. I just tried a few to see what fitted and this I thought looked nice.

P58_eg_s9_filt_test1.jpg
    1700 x 850 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.