Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited March 2023

Next a series of variants to my set with boolean modified 'squares' in other forms. Again with a variation in textures, lights and camera position and direction.

squares_cone2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    squares_football.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    squares_football2.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    squares_football3.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,000
    edited March 2023

Wow Hansmar these are beautiful, I don't see any on the previous page - the hubism ones.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,836

Hansmar, I'm seeing stained glass everywhere. So pretty.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,124

Hansmar - thank you. Another four great abstracts, the second is my favorite, though it is difficult to decide.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo:
    A majestic mountain. Beautiful lighting and great job with the terrain mats!

benbr11:
    Fascinating! A cool (grainy) cartoonish look. Great depth and atmosphere.

Hansmar:

First: I too cannot see any images in your post on the previous page.

Another cool set of images, derived from your "boolean modified squares". Some interesting variants, whereas the 2nd one is my favorite.

> (quote) "... despite hubert's (or Hubert's?) ... "
    Confusius once said that upper- or lowercase is not important when you talk about an (in)famous artist.
    Frankly, I myself mix up both notations occasionally. There exists no rule. ;)

Signed,
       Hubert-the-tadaaaaaaa..... ~~###*** HUMBLE ***###~~

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,101
    edited March 2023

benbr11 : very nice render.

Hansmar : four amazing abstracts, I also see colourful stained glass.

Post edited by adbc on

Hubert, pretty sure that Confusius did NOT say that...mr. humble, lol.

edited March 2023

hubert - thank you. Yes, NGartplay is right, Kong Fu Tsi (Philosopher Kong Fu, Latin Confuzius) never thought of saying or writing such since the Chinese ideographs have no upper and lower case characters. cheeky

A self made terrain with a material from Vegetation and a 2D Disk makes the tiny lake. Sky and ambient light by ab HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies. A hilly region in a somewhat gloomy light, maybe some rain is ahead.

Hills and Clefts

HillsAndClefts.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 181K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2023

Another superb landscape, Horo, perfect lighting and materials

A still using a Wings 3D object on a faded Disk, an Hdri of an abstract I did a long time ago; as the background and an anaglyph.

dodecahechron-abstracthdri.jpg
    600 x 600 - 280K
    dodecahechron-abstracthdri-ana.jpg
    600 x 600 - 332K

Horo, gorgeous landscape.Your materials are always spot on.

mermaid, the lighting is perfect and I'm impressed that you did an anaglyph.

• I used a Dome Light again together with True Ambience. This is the perfect recipe for enormously long render times. I think it was more than 15 hours on my new and (as I hoped) really fast computer sad The solution would be to use DL with TA Optimization, but I did not manage to make it run correctly. Maybe you have a hint.

geranium.jpg
    960 x 800 - 384K

Horo : awesome landscape, impressed by the materials and atmosphere.

mermaid : wonderful wings object, great colours and background, love the anaglyph.

Electro-Elvis : superb image, great lighting.

edited March 2023

mermaid - thank you. Very nicely presented object, the anaglyph looks great how the object comes out of the screen.

NGartplay - thank you.

Electro-Elvis - beautiful flower pot. 15 hours is an excessive long render time. If you have some time, you could experiment a bit with different light settings.

adbc - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2023

NGartplay:
    > (quote) "Hubert, pretty sure that Confusius did NOT say that."
    Nope, Confusius really said that! You possibly mistake him for his much more famous cousin "Confucius/Confuzius"? ;)

Horo:
    - Thanks for these historical and Chinese writing system information. I really should learn more about this KungFu'zius. ;)
    - Your mountain range rocks! I like its sharp-edged terrain structure much. That fascinating mat fits very well to it.

Mermaid:
    An impressive render!

Electro-Elvis:
    Beautifully put into scene with that wonderful soft lighting. Whereas render times of 15 hours would exceed my patience by by far.

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - thank you. Yeah, I read the Chinese philosophies 50 years ago and again last year. I have a Chinesisch-Deutsches and Deutsch-Chinesisches Wörterbuch and a Chinese-English and a English-Chinese Dictionary so I could translate German to Chinese and Chinese to English and then back from English to German to check my translation. Was time consuming ...

NGartplay - thanks, anaglyphs are easy when you have the right tool https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-true-3d-rendering

Electro-Elvis - a superb render, awesome lighting despite the long render time.

Adbc - thanks

Horo - thanks I was pleased with the results, the further I move away from the laptop, the more the object pops out. Thanks for the awesome product.

Hubert - thanks

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Mermaid, NGArtplay, Horo, Hubert, adbc, Thanks all for nice words. I apparently did it again: trying to delete one file and then all are gone. I placed them back in the message on page 72, so have a look. Some really different looks, I found.

Horo, you are still a master in fantastically made, textured and rendered landscapes. I like it very, very much.

Mermaid, well presented thingy, great light.

Electro-Elvis, great lighting indeed for your flower pot. Looks very good. 

All the abstracts on the previous page are awesome, Hansmar  the 4th one looks like an ancient mask, very cool stuff, thanks for the comment.

mermaid, thank you for the link.  I did not know that was available.

Electro, I think that the lighting is fabulous and it looks realistic.  I think that moving the camera up slightly would show more of the top of the leaves instead of the sides.  Beautiful.

hubert, or, um..Hubert...now I'm Confus--ioused.

Hansmar - I have seen your 8 abstracts on the previous page for the first time. All look very nice.

Horo:
    This must have been a helluva task. -- I admire such efforts, no kidding!

Hansmar:
    Many thanks for re-uploading your images. That's some trippy and bizarre stuff. Cool works!

NGartplay:
    Am feeling soooooo sorry about causing confusion.
    I must definitely learn more about this KungFu'zius! -- Which just reminded me of an old Bryce4+Poser scene where I tried to depict "Martial Arts".... ;)

Hansmar : very cool abstracts on page 72.

edited March 2023

The pot and the leaves (a Bryce tree) are from Vegetation, the flowers from Lisas Botanicals, the lying flower from XFrog and the ladybugs from the Internet. The table and the wall are flat cubes with my own material. Rendered with the Obscure Light Method.

Floral Motif

Here the same scene but rendered with Depth of Field. I prefer the sharp one. Both needed 2 hours 40 minutes to render the size 1600 x 1600, Premium with TA and 256 rays per pixel.

Floral Motif DoF

FloralMotif.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 221K
    FloralMotif_DoF.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 192K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2023

Both versions are beautiful Horo but I prefer the 1st one. Just 2 days ago I re-visited David's Obscure lighting videos.

Two more abstracts one using the Art’s Escher2 file and the other Hansmar’s Square.

art5.jpg
    900 x 506 - 566K
    hans-squares6.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 912K

Horo, love the flowers.  Number 1 is my fave.  Beautiful lighting.

mermaid, love both of these renders.  The first one, call me crazy, reminds me of bugs.  I don't know why but it's so cool.  The second one has a great abstract look to it...painterly.

Horo:
    A pretty still life. Nicely put into scene, even for being "buggy". ;)
    I too prefer the first one, mostly for its clarity. Whereas the DOF version is nice too, because its blurry background doesn't attract the focus as much as in the first image.

Mermaid:
    Cool and bizarre mat work! My favorite is the 2nd one. Ditto NGartplay, regarding its painterly appearance.

Thanks NGartplay and Hubert 

mermaid - thank you. Two very nicely done abstracts.

NGartplay - thank you.

hubert - thank you.

all - we all agree that the sharp one looks better.

Thanks Horo

edited April 2023

Horo : 2 beautiful versions of the flower pot, great lighting.

mermaid : outstanding abstracts, very well done.

Bryce terrains, vegetation: free alien vegetation,  floating sci fi building by orbital at sharecg,  floating gunganhabitat : scifi3d by Dan North.

far away world.jpg
    800 x 600 - 90K
    Post edited by adbc on
This discussion has been closed.