Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,145

Electro-Elvis - great POV (point of view) and great lighting. The reflection on the glass wall and the shadows on the other buildings make this scene appear very realistic.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,019

Very nice urban scene Electro-Elvis

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,851

Electro, great scene and POV, as Horo said. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Hi all,

Thanks for your good wishes and Hubert, thanks for Woodies bringing me extra cure. I did recover (almost completely) and am back to work and also back to Bryce, as you can see in the contest. I also already made quite a number of additional renders (by changing small things in existing ones, which takes hardly any time form me, but more from the computer), but will have to convert them to JPG (I save as tiff) and place them in the correct threads.

I saw some great renders in this thread again, but will not react on each separate one, sorry for that.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,108

Hansmar : thanks. Great to hear you recovered.

Electro : awesome urban scene, very realistic.

Hansmar - good to hear that it went upwards to recovery. Now just keep it up.

Great you recovered Hansmar

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Electro-Elvis:
    An impressive urban scene. I second Horo: Those reflections in the left building and the Shadow add much to it.

Hansmar:
    Glad to read that you are doing better again!

edited March 2023

A self made terrain with a material from High Resolution Terrains 1, the water are two self made terrains with my own water material. Background and sun from the StinsonBeach_1847PM HDRI (free from Renderman/Pixar 2017), the clouds are Bryce cumulus and the stars from the Space Construction Kit.

Moody Sunset

MoodySunset.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 108K
    Post edited by Horo on

Another outstanding scene Horo very realistic, beautiful lighting 

• benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

Fantastic work Horo!

Horo, that is a gorgeous scene.  The setting sun (?) gives it drama and creates wonderful shadows.  I understand that it's supposed to be water but it looks like a cold, barren, frozen landscape to me.

Thank you mermaid and benbr11.

Thank you NGarartplay. Yes, I also found when I had finished the render that the water could be ice as well. It gives an ambivalent feeling, indeed. And it is the setting sun at Stenson Beach, California at 18:47 pm - though I don't know the date.

Horo, you captured it perfectly.

Horo : very realistic scene, the sky and the lighting is awesome.

Thank you NGartplay and adbc.

Thanks for the good wishes, all.

Horo, wonderful landscape again.

edited March 2023

Thank you Hansmar.

The terrain is from Environments - Inclement Weather with a material from High Resolution Terrains 3. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI from HDRI Enhanced Skies and the key light by the sun.

Rugged Rock

RuggedRock.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 197K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo fantastic landscape awesome lighting and materials 

Horo, the material makes this image.  Perfect lighting too.

• @mermaid010, Horo, NGartPlay, adbc, hubert: Thanks a lot, BTW it is not Urban Sprawl 2 but 3 ;-)

@Hansmar: Good to hear you are recovered.
    @Horo: Great sunset, love the water material. The space kit seems to have a nice star field. Great big mountain as well, with a superb material selection

Thank you mermaid, NGartplay and Electro-Elvis.

Horo : as always excellent and realistic image, love the material and the sky.

Horo, once again some terrific work. How long did the render take on this?

Elvis, digging the urban the vibes!

For this I was thinking about the background scenes in the cartoon Samurai Jack. I feel like I have some more exploring to do in renders of this style :)

Foggy Valleys1.6..png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M

adbc - thank you.

benbr11 - thank you. The render time for the 1600 x 1067 pixels, premium, soft shadows, 16 rpp (rays per pixel) and mrd 4 (max ray depth) on my i9 16-thread cpu in priority normal (i.e. 4 cores of 8 used): 85 minutes (1h25).
    Your render looks great to me - but I do not know what you are after ...

Great results in a great time! The terrain really looks brilliant, i really like it! I think my results are pretty much what I had in mind but I would like to work on more compositions in this style.I am enjoying playing with the lens radius parameters as I haven't really utilized them until now

benbr11 - very nice cartoonish render

benbr11, love the effect that you achieved.  It has a cool 'fuzzy or grainy' effect in the forefront but graduates to clear in the background.  It comes across as a depth filter.  Great work.

Electro-Elvis, Thank you.

Horo, A very good looking mountain.

benbr11. Don't know what you want, but I like the look of your render.

edited March 2023

I relapsed into my abstract addiction, despite hubert's (or Hubert's?) warnings. No cure for this one, I fear.

First three are based on Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample. Next five on Hubert's Escher2. Modifications in textures, gel for lights, direction of the camera. The last one looked like a kind of cathedral to me, so I added some kind of angel.

Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample_HM2.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 1M
    Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample_HM3.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 1M
    Hubism_2023-01-27_lowres-sample_HM5.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 959K
    Escher 2_HansMar12.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M
    Escher 2_HansMar12a.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 2M
    Escher 2_HansMar12b.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 1M