Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,015

Thanks Hubert for the comment

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited March 2023

Foremost: My sincerest apologies to master Rembrandt!

In 2009 my Woodies made a trip to Rembrandt Museum at Amsterdam to take some photos. I was deeply moved then about their sudden interest in Classic Art!

Quite soon after this incident, museums worldwide installed an official policy which forbids their visitors to take photos. It still beats me why....

Rembrandt

Hints:
    - Bryce4 scene and render. (A slightly reworked older scene from 2002 resp. 2009.)
    - The images of the paintings are from Wikipedia.
    - Camera: Just some Bryce primitives.
    - Scissors: Free mesh from Emilio Latur at "archive3d.net". And a free mesh from veltuim93 at "free3d.com".
    - Stapler: Object provided in Carrara 2.
    - Credits to "nitro115" (ex-3DCommune member) for the picture frame mesh and the atelier layout.

PS: Don't worry about the affected paintings. The Woodies have promised to fix it afterwards.... with a stapler.

Post edited by hubert on
  • benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

Horo: Thanks for the tips. I want to do some spelunking of my own now!

I'm enjoying the abstracts folk are producing. I am going to have to get dabbling one of these days. And huberts woodies are a good laugh : )

My most recent landscape is a slice of Bryce fantasy with a few abstract additions. It started as a more standard beach scene but it soon took an alien turn.

IcySands-ParadisePalms.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 530K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,850

hubert, I wish that I had been there for the photo op.  Woodies have no shame and I could have taken advantage of that.  We took pictures at the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Museum but we didn't have to cut the holes out.  I think that you need put tracking anklets on your Woodies.

Benbr11, what a wonderful mind you have.  Like the hazy effect and the different levels of water flow.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,142

hubert - cool museum work with the Woodies.

benbr11 - interesting landscape render and nice result.

edited March 2023

Hubert – a superb interior scene, very nice lighting, no doubt the Woodies had an awesome time at the museum.

Benbr11 – a fantastic alien scene

A small set of abstracts from the files shared by Art, Hubert and Hansmar.  More examples were uploaded to my Pinterest account: https://www.pinterest.com/maryole3/abstracts-done-in-bryce-3d/

Have fun viewing them.

art1.jpg
    950 x 534 - 408K
    pastel-sculpture.jpg
    1000 x 555 - 539K
    hans-squares14-fantastic.jpg
    1370 x 659 - 878K
    eggplosion.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 369K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - four nice abstracts, all so different - like the plethra of abstracts on your Pinterest gallery.

Thanks Horo smiley

benbr11:
    - Thanks regarding my zany museum scene.
    - A wonderfully bizarre and otherworldly scene. Cool coloring.

NGartplay:
    Thanks. Btw, the photographing Woody forgot to remove the lens cap...... as usual. :)

> quote) "... at the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Museum but we didn't have to cut the holes out"
    A curious Woody here wants to know: Not even in the tires??  ;)

Horo:
    Thanks! Be glad that you haven't seen the other rooms there, truly nightmarish! :)

Mermaid:
    Thanks! -- As I heard, the Woodies had much more fun there as the kurator. :)

An impressive set of new abstracts. Fascinating textures! The third one ("hans-squares14-fantastic") is my favorite there.

PS: I just read in Horo's comment that you got a "plethora of abstracts"? --> In this case: Gesundheit! Best Wishes from my Woodies too. ;)

mermaid, what a lovely set of abtracts. You can tell that the last one is hubert's.  Perhaps #1 is Hansmar and #2 is Art's.  I don't know about number 3.  Eyecandy

hubert, the tires were solid rubber, no holes.  I'm glad there were no Woodies there because they would have hogged the photography area.  I feel bad that Woody left the cap on.  All that fun and no photos to record it.

Thanks Hubert there are over 40 abstracts which I uploaded to my Pinterest board during the last few days, lots of fun ..smiley

NGartplay thanks, no need for guessing, the names of the files used are in the lower left corner of each image. wink

edited March 2023

NGartplay:
    Forgetting about the lens cap was the minor problem. Woody had also forgotten to insert a film into the camera... (as usual).
    Btw: Did I mention that the Woodies mixed up the cut out faces when "repairing" the paintings? An attentive visitor noticed this glitch around four months later.

Mermaid:
    There are around 40 (**) more of those at Pinterest?! Wow! -- I'll go there to take a look... and am back. An amazing collection, some real eyecandy!

(**) HINT: Creating 40 abstract images at once is not a sign of addiction. You'll only need to worry when exceeding 400. ;)

Post edited by hubert on
    edited March 2023

(**) HINT: Creating 40 abstract images at once is not a sign of addiction. You'll only need to worry when exceeding 400. ;)

No addiction here, only very therapeutic and fun to do.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,108

hubert : funny image of woodies at the museum, very nice work.

benbr11  : original render with a wonderful fantasy/abstract touch.

mermaid : four impressive abstracts, love the pinterest collection as well.

hubert, replacing the wrong faces sounds like something that I would do.  Maybe I have a bit of Woodism in me.

Adbc thanks

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,761
    edited March 2023

I've been absent, due to illness. But I noticed great abstracts as well as good terrains as well as funny and surreal renders. Very well done, everybody!

And thanks for nice comments.

Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar- praying for your speedy recovery 

Aw Hansmar, you better get better.  You don't want to make me get in an airplane and come get you.  Hope that you feel better quickly

Hansmar - not so funny, get better soon.

Hansmar : get better soon, take good care of yourself.

• It was suddenly here. Don't know what it is, but don't go to close, it looks foamy, oily somehow unpleasant.

unpleasant.jpg
    875 x 875 - 696K

Wow Electro-Elvis very cool effect I like the sort of monochrome effect with bits of rainbow 

Electro-Elvis - amazing render, really.

edited March 2023

Electro-Elvis : facinating render, love the effect of the materials.

Bryce terrains, the alien queen is from Badking, alien processing plant sharecg by serendigity a very old one.

alien queen.jpg
    950 x 678 - 77K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - beautiful Alien Queen render and also a great sky.

• Horo, mermaid010, adbc: Thank you very much

Electro-Elvis, it does look wet.  Great splashing on the rocks.  It has a foreboding feel to it.  Just waiting for a ship to find it.  Well done, so interesting.

adbc, the queen still makes me shiver.  Awesome creature and render.

Horo, NGartplay : thank you.

Adbc - superb work, the atmosphere is awesome and so is the alien queen.

This discussion has been closed.