Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,108

mermaid : thank you.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,142
    edited March 2023

The 25 segment Moebius object was made in Wings3D, twice instanced, combined with rotations and given a Funky Metals material. With the 4 mirror balls they stand on a fading disk, backdrop and light by an HDRI.

Object in Garage

ObjectInGarage.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 188K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,850

Horo, I feel like I'm looking at a device on a work table.  So real...well done.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,015

Wow Horo beautiful render, I love the contrasting colors of the object against the background 

Horo : great modeling, the reflection and the colours are awesome.

edited March 2023

NGartplay, mermaid and adbc - thank you.

The same object and set-up as above but with a different material and a different HDRI as an anaglyph.

Triple Moebius Anaglyph

TripleMoebiusAna.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 303K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo, these always pop off the page with my 3D glasses.  I look like a nerd wearing them.  You're the only one who can get me to put them on :)

Horo wow beautiful anaglyph, it pops out awesome

edited March 2023

Horo : fantastic anaglyph, great colours.

A couple of terrains, the object : moon base alfa, share cg by Tron.

otherworldly colony4.jpg
    900 x 506 - 82K
    Post edited by adbc on

NGartplay and mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. This other worldly scene looks just great.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited March 2023

Electro-Elvis:
    A fascinating otherworldly shore scenery! Awesome mats.

adbc:
    - A fantastic Alien scene. Awesome terrain work and atmosphere. Now... where only is *Ripley*, just when you need her?! ;)
    - That "moon base" model fits perfectly for your landscape. Wonderful soft sky.

Horo:
    A great "Moebius object" in a coold render. I like its mat and the clear render much.

Hansmar:
    Sorry about your illness! -- I am sending you over some surplus(**) remedy, provided by the Woodies. Their exact words were: "When having a cold, lambswool keeps you warm! So, why shouldn't this also work well from the inside??"

remedy

(**) Disclaimer: These leftover capsules were originally bryced in 2003 (slightly reworked today), but are still 110% usable. I really couldn't swallow them then. And please don't ask which alternate way the Woodies suggested for this case. ;)

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - thank you. Very well done capsules.

adbc, this sci fi scene turned out beautifully.  Well done scene.

hubert, um...not sure that you should give anyone medicine that has been around a Woodie/Woody.  No one knows where they've been or what they've been storing in them....yikes.  I YOU are sure that they are safe then maybe Hansmar can lick them until they are a reasonable size?

Horo, hubert, NGartplay : thank you.

hubert : wow, huge pills, looks dangerous..... well done.

edited March 2023

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with an assembled material from 2 sets. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI.

Rock Ring Opening

RockRingOpening.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 329K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 847
    edited March 2023

jnobes said:

Hi all, here's my first Bryce project.
    It's a coastal scene of course, with a few meshes I crudely put together in Blender. It's two terrains, one for the water and one for the ground with materials from High Resolution Terrains 4, scaled to fit my relatively small terrain. I grabbed the HDRI from a website. Looking back, I would have split the ground into three separate terrains, one for the foreground, middle, and far, as it started to get a little fiddly trying to get small details into the foreground, so the result isn't quite how I envisioned. I also found water was far more difficult to get to look right than I imagined it to be, there was supposed to be more detailed water elements also in the foreground, so I think I'll prioritise some learnin' on that  

I have a minor concern. Is it normal for Bryce to intermittently become unresponsive for a brief moment while working within it? It doesn't seem to cause issues but it is a little irritating at times.

Apologies for my belated answer. That's quite an impressive first Bryce project. I remember my first picture I had a few spheres with glossy metals and a water plane :-)

I kept your comment in mind, as I wanted to write my two cents regarding your minor concern. Yesterday I faced the same behaviour as you within Bryce. In my opinion it happens, when you work with terrains, which have a large resolution, 2048 (gigantic) or 4096 (planetary) for example and when you use time consuming "Fractals" like "Metamorphosed".  The Fractal "Bryce Classic" will be created almost immediatly, while "Metamorphosed" needs around one second before it appears in the Terrain canvas. But as long as you use a terrain with a resolution of 512 you will hardly notice this delay. However the delay rises with each higher resolution by factor of 4. It lasts particularlly long, when you are using the DTE to create a terrain. (Press SHIFT + Mouse Left when you are clicking on the selection "Picture").
    I'm afraid it looks like that this delay seems to be inherited as soon as it had occured once. And it is not restricted to the terrain editor only. Even if you change a material of another object in your picture. And I am afraid, I have no solution for it. Saving the scene, restarting Bryce and reoping the scene did not help in my case. The only thing I do now while waiting for Bryce to come back to life, I try to breathe consciously and calmly.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on

Horo, that is a beautiful terrain.  I like that it looks like there's a road on the front of it in the green area.  Very cool.

Adbc - wow beautiful moon base render, awesome lighting and materials

Hubert - the pills look great, Woody is having a hard time carrying it.

Horo - another superb realistic landscape.

Horo, NGartplay, adbc, Mermaid: Thanks!

PS: Those pills are working very well as remedy for colds! .....if you use them for knitting a cozy sweater. ;)

Horo: A majestic mountain. Great erosion work and mat.

Horo : facinating terrain, looks so real, great materials and lighting.

Thank you NGartplay, mermaid, hubert and adbc.

• benbr11benbr11 Posts: 23

As always I am inspired by looking through this thread. Thanks to everyone for showing their work!

I recently got some goodies on the Bryce store. These few renders were from playing with some HDRIs from the Enhanced Skies and Golden Lighting packs along with landscape created with Horo's TE Advanced Filters. Really cool little bit of software, im looking forward to exploring more of its potential. The third render is where I ended up and the one I am happiest with.

Golden Valley_1.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 335K
    Golden Valley_2..jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 1M
    Golden Valley_5.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 631K

Benbr11 - three superb scenes, beautiful skies and terrains.

benbr11 - three nice terrains, water and skies.

benbr11, they all look great in the thumbnails.  When opened I like the 2nd and 3rd the best.  What is Horo's TE Advanced Filters?

What is Horo's TE Advanced Filters?

https://www.daz3d.com/bryce-terrain-editor-advanced-filters

mermaid : thank you.

benbr11 : three amazing scenes, great atmosphere.

benbr11: Three beautiful and very moody sceneries. I like esp. Terrain+POV in the first and the dramatic Sky in the third.

Thank you mermaid!  That is an awesome product.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 847
    edited March 2023

Sunset in Urban Sprawl 2 by Stonemason, added two cars and one lonely pedestrian, the trees are Bryce

.Sunset in the City

sunset_in_the city.jpg
    960 x 800 - 641K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
This discussion has been closed.