Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,143

mermaid - thank you. Great renders, both are excellent, I like the first most.

NGartplay - thank you.

• huberthubert Posts: 410

Horo: An impressive scenery. Great terrain work and mat! I like the soft lighting.

Mermaid: Two very cool images! The first one is my favorite.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,108

Horo : great result with the thundercloud image used for the terrain, great material and sky.

mermaid : thank you. Beautiful images, the first one is also my favourite.

edited April 2023

adbc - thank you. The render below from January 2007 uses a photograph as sky background and it is actually just this cloud photo I made the terrain from.

Islet with Ruin

IsletWithRuin.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 189K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,851

Horo, that amazes me...that the cloud image created your terrain.

NGartplay - thank you. You can import a photo into the Terrain Editor, see on page 5 Pictures near the top in the PDF https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/TE-TerrainEditor.pdf

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,016

Thanks NGartplay, Horo, Hubert and Adbc

Horo - beautiful image, I don't think I saw this before, love the Rays.

Horo : wonderful image, love the created atmosphere.

Thank you mermaid and adbc. Yes, it's been a while since I made it.

Horo: An Oldie but Goldie! :)
    That image is has a very somber mood. Great composition, terrain/cloud work and cool god-rays! I love that foreboding emerald-green water.

Thank you hubert.

edited April 2023

An experiment once again with render options and the time a render takes. The 1st is Premium 36rpp, Soft Shadows and True Ambience, 1hr 15 mins and the 2nd Regular with Soft Shadows, 1hr 02mins. Not much difference in the time, I like both versions but prefer the Regular rendered one. The tower is from S Ray’s Strange Objects and Robby I modeled following an online tutorial, in Bryce 5.5. Lighting from the Deep Space Hdris

orange-planet-prem36ta-ss.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 916K
    orange-planet-reg-ss.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 617K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid, fun render with the robot and spaceship.  The robot reminds me of Lost in Space. I don't have a favorite here.  Both are good in their own way.  Well done.

mwermaid - two great sci-fi renders, cool robot. I also prefer the regular one.

edited April 2023

mermaid : beautiful sci-fi renders, Both are very well done, not really a preference.

Bryce terrains, the objects Crab, Ufo and retro-car are from Mystic Art Design.

somewhere ....jpg
    1000 x 562 - 71K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited April 2023

adbc - very nice sci-fi scene with funny alien vehicles. The sky looks beautiful.

The object is a Menger Sponge, generated with Structure Synth 1.5.0. It has some transparency and reflection and is within a long narrow cube, also with some transparency and reflection. Light and colour by an HDRI which is within the Menger Cube and shines out of it.

Menger Inspired

MengerInspired.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 313K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks NGartplay, Horo and Adbc

Adbc - wonderful sci-fi scene, you find some very cool objects online and use them to enhance your scenes, awesome atmosphere.

Horo - Wow another masterpiece, beautiful abstract.

adbc, rotfl!  What an adorable vehicle.  I've spent my life camping.  This is dear to my heart.

Horo, the object creates amazing reflections.

Horo, mermaid, NGartplay : thank you.

Horo : very cool abstract, great colours and reflection effect.

Thank you mermaid, NGartplay and adbc.

Mermaid: A great comparison and cool SciFi scene. My favorite is the 2nd one (with higher contrast, more saturation and darker shadows).

adbc: A cute scenery. Great composition, terrains and mats.

Horo: Fascinating "Cubism". Great reflections and coloring.

Thank you hubert.

Thanks Hubert 

hubert : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,761

Horo, very well presented flowers on page 73. And your terrain work is still without competition, I think. Fantastic light in the cave on p. 74. The one on page 75 is my favourite, because of the wonderful scenery, great threatening sky and the framing by the trees in the foreground. Enormous depth and great colour scheme in you Menger sponge render.

Mermaid, your two abstracts (p 73) are fantastic. I love the deconstructed look in the Escher2 variant and the painterly look in the squares variant is amazing. And the two based on Hubisms on p. 74 are equally wonderful. In that set, I prefer the second one, because of the textures. The starting images for the contest are very good too. In your sci-fi renders, I prefer the second one too. It has more drama, due to the higher contrast.

Adbc, Your scifi render (p. 73) can be used as a cover for many sci-fi books, wonderful. The terrain on p. 74 has the typical spiky look I also get when using a picture as basis for a terrain. I tend to smooth these very extensively to get something more terrain-like. Often already in the picture-crunching software (PS Elements I use). But if you want spiky, this works very well. Great light, by the way! The sci-fi family holiday render brought a smile on my face. Lovely, those retro cars (I saw a caravan, that is why I think it is a family holiday).

I hope I did not forget anyone!

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

So I finally got around to playing with one of Production Creates assembly kits models.  (Modular Space Corridors) It is made for gaming engines & have tex maps for various different types of material channels. I assembled a station in Poser. Lowered the tex maps resolutions, then imported it into Bryce & played around with the tex maps to see how to best use them.& set-up some different light scenarios. Anyway, here's what I have so far. (image 1 is the kit)

Modular_Space_Corridor_Kit.png
    1363 x 701 - 879K
    Modular_Space_Corridor01.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Modular_Space_Corridor02.png
    1200 x 900 - 1014K
    Modular_Space_Corridor03.png
    1200 x 900 - 999K
    Modular_Space_Corridor04.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Modular_Space_Corridor05.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Modular_Space_Corridor06.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    Modular_Space_Corridor07.png
    1200 x 900 - 2M
    edited April 2023

Hansmar - thank you.

S Ray - you definitely have great skills to create such elaborate objects. Must have taken you ages to get it all done.

Post edited by Horo on

Hansmar thanks for the nice comments

S Ray very interesting set of renders, couldn't you do the assembling in Bryce instead of Poser ?

edited April 2023

Hansmar : thank you for the nice comments.

S Ray : wow, this is really a great set of renders, very detailed and very well assembled.

Tried something a bit different : used Bryce terrains for the 2 "buildings", the minisub is from Herminio Nieves, the flying bus and car are from sharecg.

small passage.jpg
    800 x 450 - 71K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • S RayS Ray Posts: 398

mermaid010 said

S Ray very interesting set of renders, couldn't you do the assembling in Bryce instead of Poser ?

Yes, but it would be difficult. I would have to set the move, static & select wireframe options to their max. Then Bryce would turn the selected objects to box mode as the structure gets bigger. You would probably have to do it in section using solo mode. Where posers has 9 or more wireframe & solid viewing modes. Like I said their modeled are made for gaming engines which shows the objects with the textures applied while moving them in real time. Some like unreal even shows global illumination in real time, which is why you need a really high-end video card to build worlds in it. Also, most gaming engines don't export meshed (Only import them) Blender or other 3d apps could probably be used, as long as they will export the UVs.

This discussion has been closed.