Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,061
    edited March 2023

A very simple abstract, only an elongated sphere, the Psycodelic Glass material from the Pro Materials, the camera is within the Sphere and lit by the sun.

PsycodelicGlass.jpg
    1000 x 666 - 657K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

Mermaid: Beautiful and trippy. Great use of that mat!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

mermaid : wonderful abstract, beautiful colours, cool idea.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,186
    edited March 2023

mermaid - awesome abstract.

The terrain is from Daz 3D (Bijan sku9094) with a modified material from Terrain Stacking. The cave was cut-out with a negative cube und lit by a radial. Sky and ambient light by an HDRI and the key light by the sun. The pond is a 2D-Disk with my own material.

Cave in Rock

CaveInRock.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 183K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,882

mermaid, gorgeous.  Love all the circles and the colors.

Horo, how did you do that?  So very cool.  It looks like the entrance to something spectacular.

Thanks Hubert, Adbc, Horo and NGartplay for the nice comments.

Horo - another amazing landscape, I'm curios how you did the cave, awesome work as usual.

edited March 2023

Horo : facinating landscape, I also wonder how you made that cave.

A scene with just two terrains, based on images.

terrain4.jpg
    940 x 450 - 66K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited March 2023

Horo: Great terrain and texture work. A fascinating (mysterious) cave. Happy spelunking! :)

adbc: Impressive terrains! They look like ancient ruins. The dramatic sky fits well to it.

Post edited by hubert on
    edited March 2023

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

adbc - thank you. Interesting image based terrains, I find the sky really fits this scene.

hubert - thank you.

Cave Setup
    Create an object, here a cube, and place it so into the terrain, that it becomes visible where you want the opening to appear. This is tricky and may take some time. Plop render the part until it looks as you wish. Set the terrain to Positive and the object to Negative then group them to get the opening. Now place a light into the cube.
    Click on the image to get it full size. On the upper row it shows the steps rendered, the lower row shows how the cube and radial light are placed.

Cave Setup

CaveSetup.jpg
    1600 x 540 - 345K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2023

No changes to Hubism_2023-02-24_zwoa, except the surrounding sphere was given some bump (big difference 10 to 11). Some negative light by the WpH68 HDRI from Hyper Textures Base to enhance the contrast.

Hubabstzwoa

Hubabstzwoa.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 343K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2023

Adbc - very nice fantasy scene, I agree with Hubert looks like ancient ruins.

Horo - thanks for the images of the cave, very interesting. Awesome variant of hubism.

hubert, horo, mermaid : thank you.

horo : thank you for explaining the cave setup. The hubism adaptation is very well done.

adbc, ditto the others.  I don't believe that I've ever seen that color sky before.  It lends an 'other worldly' look to the scene.

Horo, thank you!  So clever.  I never would have guessed.  The results are just so excellent.  Your abstract is beautiful with its flow and colors.  It has a shiny material look to it.

NGartplay : thank you. It's a bryce sky adapted, cannot remember which one though.

Thank you mermaid, NGarplay and adbc.

edited March 2023

Horo:
    - Many thanks for your "Cave Setup" screenshots and explanations. Very effective work!
    - That's an awesome and vibrant Hubism variant! Love it! :)

@ all: And now for s.th. completely different.... a landscape!

Welcome to Easter Island!
    Enjoy the beautiful soft sky, the wonderful magic light, the sound of gently rolling waves and the hammering noise of zany Woodies.... uhh wait, the WHAT?!

(Woody) Easter Island

Sigh, I really hope that my pet insurance will cover this incident!

Hints:
    - Bryce4 render, contrast adjusted in postwork. -- I reworked the original scene from 2002 considerably, whereas I am not fully satisfied with the water and some of the terrain work. Well, since I didn't want to spend even more hours for a (beep) landscape.... I considered it sufficient for a Woody scene. ;)
    - Free Moai 3DS mesh downloaded from "www.3dup.com" in around 1996.

Post edited by hubert on

hubert, rotfl!!  Woody is eternal and will remain that way.  Such a fun image.

hubert : woody looks great in that funny image.

edited March 2023

NGartplay, adbc: Thanks.

Good news: I was able to repair those ancient statues with toothpaste and duct tape. The typical (i.e. smartphone distracted) tourist won't notice any difference.

PS - Disclaimer: No Moais were harmed during the making of this scene. Though some Woodies....! :)

Post edited by hubert on
    edited March 2023

Hubert - a great render, I like the sequence, glad you were able to repair the statue.

A simple landscape using the terrains and materials from Sunless Hdri Skies and lighting from a Hdri from the Terrain Stacking product available at Bryce-tutorials

hotairballoon.jpg
    800 x 520 - 336K
    edited March 2023

hubert - thank you. Funny image with Woody.

mermaid - beautifully done realistic looking landscape.

No changes to Escher 2 by Fencepost52 (thank you again, Art), except the surrounding object was given some transparency. Negative light from inside by the Rad_back 3a HDRI from HDRI4Fun to enhance the contrast. This is a very busy result.

FP-E2-Busy
    The second one uses the Light_box1a HDRI, also from HDRI4Fun. This shows what a big difference just an HDRI can make. I like this room-like render much better.

FP-E2-Room

FP-E2-Busy.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 425K
    FP-E2-Room.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 255K
    Post edited by Horo on

hubert, whoo, thankfully the statues were repaired.  Let's hope for no rain.  Also happy to hear that Woodys will survive.

mermaid, really lovely work.  I'm so glad that you used the shadows to your advantage.  They give the contrast in the image.

Horo, twisted abstracts that don't look like abstracts.  They look like sci fi interiors.  Very cool art.

Thanks Horo two beautiful versions of Fencepost's Escher, very colorful

NGartplay thanks

edited March 2023

mermaid : superb realistic landscape.

Horo : very cool results on the Escher file, my preference goes to the room like interior.

Had a go on the Escher2 from Fencepost, changed the position and material of the mesh.

Escher 4.jpg
    800 x 450 - 45K
    Post edited by adbc on

Thank you NGartplay and mermaid.

adbc - thank you. Very interesting result, very nice looking.

Fantastic result Adbc; it's amazing we all get different results from the same starting file.

Mermaid:
    A wonderful landscape. Great terrain, texture work and vivid lighting. Where could I get a ticket for a ride?

Horo:
    Two cool variants. I like the 2nd one most. It reminds me of modern glass-architecture.

Ngartplay:
    > (quote) "hubert, whoo, thankfully the statues were repaired.  Let's hope for no rain."
    No problem, I used waterproof toothpaste. :)

> (quote) "Also happy to hear that Woodys will survive."
    This depends only on when I they will be back at home here!! -- Whereas this might take some time: They just texted me that they bought tickets to visit the Sphinx and informed me about their planned trip to the Rembrandt Museum at Amsterdam.

adbc:
    Cool changes! Your variant looks semi-organic, like some bizarre sea creature.

hubert...NO.  One can only imagine the mischief they'll get into....hand to forehead.

adbc, really great choice of colors and interesting design you achieved.

Horo, mermaid, hubert, NGartplay : thank you.

Thank you hubert, I also prefer the secont one.

This discussion has been closed.