Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• EljaycoEljayco Posts: 23

I've had a read through the last few pages and there appear to be a number of different issues and solutions so apologies for adding mine to the list.

It was all working fine until recently (Firefox & Win 11) but now I don't have the extra filters on the main page, Only show items owned for example & also sort by % off are missing. Everything else seems okay?

I've made sure I have the latest version (4.11), I've removed and re added, disabled add blockers, re entered my email and passcode but so far to no avail and am wondering what I may be missing?

• cheardcheard Posts: 66
    edited June 26

@ati or whoever happens to know the answer. I am brand new to Daz Deals; just learned about it yesterday and added a monthly pro sub today to check out all features. One thing that is not clear to me: do my hidden items and comments sync across multiple browsers? To be more specific, I switch frequently between a Mac and PC (using Brave on both). I already did a lot of customizing on the Mac. If synchronizing comments and hidden flags between the two computers is possible, I have not yet discerned how to do that. I suspect this has been asked and answered before, but could not find an answer just by browsing through the forum. Please advise, and thanks!

Post edited by cheard on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,123

cheard said:

@ati or whoever happens to know the answer. I am brand new to Daz Deals; just learned about it yesterday and added a monthly pro sub today to check out all features. One thing that is not clear to me: do my hidden items and comments sync across multiple browsers? To be more specific, I switch frequently between a Mac and PC (using Brave on both). I already did a lot of customizing on the Mac. If synchronizing comments and hidden flags between the two computers is possible, I have not yet discerned how to do that. I suspect this has been asked and answered before, but could not find an answer just by browsing through the forum. Please advise, and thanks!

While hidden items are synced to our system (to ensure you don't get notifications about items you are not interested in), they are not synced between different browsers. 

• cheardcheard Posts: 66

Ati said:

While hidden items are synced to our system (to ensure you don't get notifications about items you are not interested in), they are not synced between different browsers. 

Gotcha. Is there any way to accomplish this manually? Is the data stored in cookies or cache in a way I could copy and paste?

cheard said:

Ati said:

Gotcha. Is there any way to accomplish this manually? Is the data stored in cookies or cache in a way I could copy and paste?

It's stored in the browser's storage space. There might be a way to clone it to another browser, but that's not what's it's designed for, so I don't imagine it to be straight forward, and I have not researched any options to do so.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

My subscription renewed this morning, and ever since, everything is loading extremely slowly (and sometimes not at all). This includes the free features. Also, the add-on does not say I'm a member. I tried resending my passcode, but nothing happened.

butterflyfish said:

My subscription renewed this morning, and ever since, everything is loading extremely slowly (and sometimes not at all). This includes the free features. Also, the add-on does not say I'm a member. I tried resending my passcode, but nothing happened.

Please send me your email address in a private message (either here, or by replying to one of the notification emails), and I'll check the status of your address in our system. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

@Ati my annual subscription ends late this month. How do I do an annual renewal? I don't see that option.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

Ati said:

butterflyfish said:

Please send me your email address in a private message (either here, or by replying to one of the notification emails), and I'll check the status of your address in our system. 

I just checked everything again, and it seems to have fixed itself. Thanks smiley 

barbult said:

@Ati my annual subscription ends late this month. How do I do an annual renewal? I don't see that option.

I've pinged @Overdrawn for an answer on this one. I could only make guesses.

Ati said:

barbult said:

I've pinged @Overdrawn for an answer on this one. I could only make guesses.

Thanks.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

barbult said:

Hiya! If you're already on an annual subscription, it should just auto-renew. However, if you're signing up for an annual subscription, you should be able to select that at https://buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals

I'm not able to see the screens for editing an existing subscription (for moving from monthly to annually), but hopefully it's something similar and managable from that subscription page.

If you have any trouble, please let me know!

Overdrawn said:

barbult said:

Hiya! If you're already on an annual subscription, it should just auto-renew. However, if you're signing up for an annual subscription, you should be able to select that at https://buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals

I'm not able to see the screens for editing an existing subscription (for moving from monthly to annually), but hopefully it's something similar and managable from that subscription page.

If you have any trouble, please let me know!

I already have an annual subscription, so I hope the auto-renew takes care of it. Thanks for the reply here and the PM.

• Unfortunately buymeacoffee no longer accepts paypal. If there was an option to pay though PayPal, either directly or through Ko-Fi.com, I would support the project. There may be others just like me.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

JonnyBravo2010 said:

Unfortunately buymeacoffee no longer accepts paypal. If there was an option to pay though PayPal, either directly or through Ko-Fi.com, I would support the project. There may be others just like me.

I use my bank debit card and can vouch I have found this route to be trustworthy. I do an auto debit monthly. DAZDealz is like DAZ oxygen to me. I cannot survive shopping here without it. And I doubt I am the only one who finds this tool/service indispensable.

• @ArtAngel, thank you for your insight. 

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,290

Just a headsup. Daz seems to be updating the website (one could ponder the usefulness of the changes, but here they are), and it looks like DazDeals might be affected again. At the moment, the option to add comments directly in the wishlist seems to be gone and they don't display in it either. Adding and viewing comments on individual product pages doesn't seem to be affected.

I briefly got everything working again after clearing all my data, closing all my tabs and uninstailling and re installing the extension however it's stopped working again now. I have noticed that a number of people have highlighted some issues with the site such as lightning deals not working so maybe there's an update happening that's also affecting the Daz Deals extension too?

Also not sure it's related but I'm a pro subscriber but when I go to the extension page it says unlock pro at the top and when I log in to buymeacoffee it shows I'm a pro subscriber but the previous page doesn't change?

I guess I'll try again latyer once Daz have sorted their bits out and hope it's fixed, or maybe tomorrow.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

Question - did you add this "You Save" block to the store pages, or did the Daz web team add it? No issues, just curious where it came from.

you-save.png
    449 x 97 - 8K
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

namffuak said:

Question - did you add this "You Save" block to the store pages, or did the Daz web team add it? No issues, just curious where it came from.

Daz did

joanna said:

Just a headsup. Daz seems to be updating the website (one could ponder the usefulness of the changes, but here they are), and it looks like DazDeals might be affected again. At the moment, the option to add comments directly in the wishlist seems to be gone and they don't display in it either. Adding and viewing comments on individual product pages doesn't seem to be affected.

Thanks for the heads up! We'll keep an eye on the changes.

Eljayco said:

I briefly got everything working again after clearing all my data, closing all my tabs and uninstailling and re installing the extension however it's stopped working again now. I have noticed that a number of people have highlighted some issues with the site such as lightning deals not working so maybe there's an update happening that's also affecting the Daz Deals extension too?

Also not sure it's related but I'm a pro subscriber but when I go to the extension page it says unlock pro at the top and when I log in to buymeacoffee it shows I'm a pro subscriber but the previous page doesn't change?

I guess I'll try again latyer once Daz have sorted their bits out and hope it's fixed, or maybe tomorrow.

Please try a bit later. If you're still having issues, send me a private message with your email address, and I'll check on the status of your signup.

Okay, will do.

It's working now, after I cleared all my browser settings I realised I had to put my email back in to get the pro features to work.

Eljayco said:

It's working now, after I cleared all my browser settings I realised I had to put my email back in to get the pro features to work.

Thank you for the follow-up. I'm glad it's now working. :) 

• jeylienjeylien Posts: 33

I'm no longer seeing items that are in my wishlist indicated in any way on the store page, or any of the sale pages, or the store search feature. The only way I can tell if something is in my wishlist or not now is by going to the item's page and seeing if the heart is filled or not. Is this due to the store updates, or is it something to do with Daz Deals? Other than that and the "Hide Daz+ items" filter (and possibly the Coupon filters too) not working, everything seems to be fine with Daz Deals for me, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the store updates. Thankfully I can still filter by wishlist, but it's still getting annoying enough to me that I'd ask. 

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm using version 127.0.6533.57 of Chrome on a Mac, and version 4.1.1 of Daz Deals, if that makes a difference. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

jeylien said:

I'm no longer seeing items that are in my wishlist indicated in any way on the store page, or any of the sale pages, or the store search feature. The only way I can tell if something is in my wishlist or not now is by going to the item's page and seeing if the heart is filled or not. Is this due to the store updates, or is it something to do with Daz Deals? Other than that and the "Hide Daz+ items" filter (and possibly the Coupon filters too) not working, everything seems to be fine with Daz Deals for me, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the store updates. Thankfully I can still filter by wishlist, but it's still getting annoying enough to me that I'd ask. 

I'm using version 127.0.6533.57 of Chrome on a Mac, and version 4.1.1 of Daz Deals, if that makes a difference. 

I tried disabling Daz Deals, and I'm still not seeing items marked as wishlisted, so I think it's the store itself.

jeylien said:

Those indications are (were) from the core Daz site, not the addon.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

Ati said:

jeylien said:

Those indications are (were) from the core Daz site, not the addon.

and are a known issue, which is being worked on.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

Yesterday I got notification from BuyMeACoffee that my subscription was renewed, but today my AddOn says I am no longer pro member.

I have tried changing notifications, but no change in member status.