Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

felis said:

Yesterday I got notification from BuyMeACoffee that my subscription was renewed, but today my AddOn says I am no longer pro member.

I have tried changing notifications, but no change in member status.

It may take a few hours for the subscription status to sync up. (We're working on making this faster.) If you send me your email address in private (either here on the forum in a private message, or by replying to one of our emails), I'll check your account's status.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638

felis said:

Yesterday I got notification from BuyMeACoffee that my subscription was renewed, but today my AddOn says I am no longer pro member.

I have tried changing notifications, but no change in member status.

Did you go to the email notifications tab and enter your email that you used at BuyMeACoffee and your passcode and then click the green Save button? 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

It must have been some cache issue with Chrome. It was showing in Firefox

edited July 28

My Daz Deals annual Pro membership renewed today and I received a BuyMeACoffee receipt. However my extension shows the 'unlock pro features' button and I am no longer seeing the pro features when shopping. I have tried going to email notifications and resaving my email and passcode; however, that did not reestablish my membership. I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Please fix. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Charlie Judge said:

My Daz Deals annual Pro membership renewed today and I received a BuyMeACoffee receipt. However my extension shows the 'unlock pro features' button and I am no longer seeing the pro features when shopping. I have tried going to email notifications and resaving my email and passcode; however, that did not reestablish my membership. I am using the latest version of Chrome.

Please fix. 

Same here 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

Robert Freise said:

Charlie Judge said:

Please fix. 

Same here 

It was the same that happened to me a few days ago.

It apparently took some time to get in synch in my browser. When I tried another browser it showed as member. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Mine autorenewed and is working fine in Firefox and Chrome.

felis said:

Robert Freise said:

Charlie Judge said:

Please fix. 

Same here 

It was the same that happened to me a few days ago.

It apparently took some time to get in synch in my browser. When I tried another browser it showed as member. 

Well it has been over 12 hours since I got the BuyMeACoffee renewal confirmation and the Pro features still are not working; so they are not available to me on the last day of the Christmas in July sale. Not happy. 

Try removing and readding the email address and passcode one more time. This is a caching issue in the browser--if it checked your subscription status just before renewal, then it will remember the old date for a couple of hours before it checks again.

edited July 28

Ati said:

Try removing and readding the email address and passcode one more time. This is a caching issue in the browser--if it checked your subscription status just before renewal, then it will remember the old date for a couple of hours before it checks again.

Still not working for me 

UPDATE: I removed Daz-Deals from Chrome, reinstalled it and again reentered my email and passcode. Now it is finally working for me

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Still not working for me 

UPDATE: I removed Daz-Deals from Chrome, reinstalled it and again reentered my email and passcode. Now it is finally working for me

Did the same and now working 

• I haven't gotten a Daz-Deals email since the 14th of July.
    I've had computer issues and had to do install/uninstall/reinstall for lots of things, so I hadn't really noticed much. But, everything including my pro status is showing and I have emails marked, etc. And the extension is working fine for me in the store. Just no emails.

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

I haven't gotten a Daz-Deals email since the 14th of July.
    I've had computer issues and had to do install/uninstall/reinstall for lots of things, so I hadn't really noticed much. But, everything including my pro status is showing and I have emails marked, etc. And the extension is working fine for me in the store. Just no emails.

You've reported one of our emails as spam. As required by law, our email provider immediately blocked all further emails to you from us. Based on your message, I have to assume that his report was a mistake, so I have cleared this report, and you'll now start receiving emails again.

• Yeah, it wasn't intended, and with all the problems I've been having with my computer the last 3 weeks, I'm not surprised. Thank you. 

Ati said:

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

I haven't gotten a Daz-Deals email since the 14th of July.

You've reported one of our emails as spam. As required by law, our email provider immediately blocked all further emails to you from us. Based on your message, I have to assume that his report was a mistake, so I have cleared this report, and you'll now start receiving emails again.

• Anyone else but me (still?) having this issue?  I click the Save6 PA Coupon link or the PlatClub Coupon link, and all I get is the New stuff, when of course both coupons only work with non-new stuff.  I vagely remember it being mentioned this was a bug introduced by one of the changes Daz3D made, or something of the sort, but its been doing this for months now.

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Anyone else but me (still?) having this issue?  I click the Save6 PA Coupon link or the PlatClub Coupon link, and all I get is the New stuff, when of course both coupons only work with non-new stuff.  I vagely remember it being mentioned this was a bug introduced by one of the changes Daz3D made, or something of the sort, but its been doing this for months now.

Yes. Same here. 

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Anyone else but me (still?) having this issue?  I click the Save6 PA Coupon link or the PlatClub Coupon link, and all I get is the New stuff, when of course both coupons only work with non-new stuff.  I vagely remember it being mentioned this was a bug introduced by one of the changes Daz3D made, or something of the sort, but its been doing this for months now.

Daz removed those filtering capabilities from the store, so our links do not work at the moment. Whether or not they will be brought back or not is anyone's guess at this point. We may have to remove those links if not.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,109
    edited August 4

Hello!  I purchased the Pro Version of DAZ Deals a few days ago, and my Buy Me A Coffee account shows it, but I can't get that upgrade with either Edge or Chrome.  The afree version still seems to be working.  I tried removing the extension, than re-adding it, but so far it has made no difference.

My main need for it is to use the "Show Items I Own" function, so I can make a catalog of sorts.

Suggestions on things to try are welcome!

Thanks!

Oh, if I go to my BuyMeACoffee account, it says: "NOTE: Please use the "Membership" feature to sign-up for the Pro features such as promo and personalized wishlist notifications.".  If I click on the "Membership" option, it shows my level as "PRO", but offers me no option to sign up for PRO features.  I got an update message on July13 confirming that I had purchased a Pro membership.  I have had no further messages except on August 3, when I reset my password when I had trouble re-logging in.

Post edited by Greymom on
    edited August 4

Greymom said:

Hello!  I purchased the Pro Version of DAZ Deals a few days ago, and my Buy Me A Coffee account shows it, but I can't get that upgrade with either Edge or Chrome.  The afree version still seems to be working.  I tried removing the extension, than re-adding it, but so far it has made no difference.

My main need for it is to use the "Show Items I Own" function, so I can make a catalog of sorts.

Thanks!

Have you tried going to the DAZ Deals email notifications tab and resaving your email (the one you used for BuyMeACoffe) and passcode while logged into your wishlist?

edited August 4

Charlie Judge said:

Greymom said:

Thanks!

Have you tried going to the DAZ Deals email notifications tab and resaving your email (the one you used for BuyMeACoffe) and passcode while logged into your wishlist?

Tried that and got a message that there is a problem with email or passcode...so here's a silly question:  is the passcode/password for BuyMeACoffee different from the one for DazDeals?  Thanks for the suggestion!  That indicates there is a problem somewhere, as I can log into my BuyMeACoffee account.

Sorry to be a problem, I am probably overthinking this...

Update:  OK, I did not actually have a "real" Daz-deals passcode.  I requested one and received it at the correct email address.  Used the new passcode to sign up for email notifications, but still got:  "There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings."  Never a dull momentlaugh

Post edited by Greymom on
    edited August 4

Greymom said:

Charlie Judge said:

Greymom said:

Thanks!

Tried that and got a message that there is a problem with email or passcode...so here's a silly question:  is the passcode/password for BuyMeACoffee different from the one for DazDeals?  Thanks for the suggestion!  That indicates there is a problem somewhere, as I can log into my BuyMeACoffee account.

Sorry to be a problem, I am probably overthinking this...

Yes it is seperate. You have to get a passcode from DAZ Deals. If you don't have one click on either the signup or forgot passcode option as appropriate. 

edited August 4

Greymom said:.

Update:  OK, I did not actually have a "real" Daz-deals passcode.  I requested one and received it at the correct email address.  Used the new passcode to sign up for email notifications, but still got:  "There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings."  Never a dull momentlaugh

It may take the server a little while to update. Wait an hour or so and try again. Be sure you are using the same email that you used at BuyMeACoffee. Also be sure you are logged in to your wishlist at DAZ.

edited August 4

Charlie Judge said:

Greymom said:.

It may take the server a little while to update. Wait an hour or so and try again. Be sure you are using the same email that you used at BuyMeACoffee. Also be sure you are logged in to your wishlist at DAZ.

If that still doesn't work there may be a caching problem. Try this:

Uninstall DAZ Deals

Wait a minute or two

Reinstall DAZ Deals

Be sure you are signed in to your DAZ wishlist

Go to the DAZ Deals email notification tab

Enter the email you used at BuyMeACoffee and the passcode assigned to that email 

Click 'Save'

After I requested a new passcode, entered it, and waited a few hours, it is now working fine!

Thanks for all the help, folks!

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited August 12

Just an FYI: This message is now populating when I open GOOGLE CHROME EXTENSIONS.

@Ati Was no there yesterday. Populated sometime today.

DazDeals-Message.JPG
    1590 x 1169 - 230K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on

Thank you, we are aware of this. A new version of the addon, supporting Manifest v3 is coming out in a couple of days. It's currently in the final testing stages.

• Hi,

One of my pet peeves is sites using URLs that use product titles to locate products instead of code, such as SKU. Inevitably when the product name changes, whether to reflect updates or correct errors, bookmarks are invalidated.

This has happened with a recent release DAZ SKU: 102303 - dForce Simple Loincloth for Gensis 9 and 8

The original URL had a typo (It took me ages to spot the correction), the product catalogue has been updated, however this has not yet percolated to the ReadMe page nor the DazDeals Notification list.

The corrected URL is:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-simple-loincloth-for-genesis-9-and-8

and not:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-simple-loincloth-for-gensis-9-and-8

Which is shown on the Readme page and my DazDeals Notification listing.

It would be nice if you could update the DazDeals dataset.

Thanks

paolo_35229750 said:

Hi,

One of my pet peeves is sites using URLs that use product titles to locate products instead of code, such as SKU. Inevitably when the product name changes, whether to reflect updates or correct errors, bookmarks are invalidated.

This has happened with a recent release DAZ SKU: 102303 - dForce Simple Loincloth for Gensis 9 and 8

The original URL had a typo (It took me ages to spot the correction), the product catalogue has been updated, however this has not yet percolated to the ReadMe page nor the DazDeals Notification list.

The corrected URL is:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-simple-loincloth-for-genesis-9-and-8

and not:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-simple-loincloth-for-gensis-9-and-8

Which is shown on the Readme page and my DazDeals Notification listing.

It would be nice if you could update the DazDeals dataset.

Thanks

Thank you for noticing this. I have updated the url in our systems to the new one. 

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    edited August 17

Hi all,

I've sent in a new v4.2.0 extension to the FirefoxChrome, and Edge. This new extension format is not yet consistently supported across all the stores/platforms, so I expect reviews on Chrome and Edge to take a bit. Firefox users should already have it!

Despite most of the recent work going into supporting this new extension format, I also got a few features added:

• Group PRO features on Options page
    • Improve email notification setup instructions on Email Notifications page
    • Fix product library enhancements when "Allow comments/labels" PRO is on
    • Speed up product hiding (see the "Hide items" PRO feature)
    • Fix loading issue when a wishlist is currently empty

Most of these fixes are related to shifts in the Daz store (or wishlist or product library) page code.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you"ll enjoy the easier tag/comment adding on the wishlist, the faster loading pages, and the simpler onboarding process for new users!

Happy Daz-Deal-ing!

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • ElorElor Posts: 1,106

Overdrawn said:

I hope you"ll enjoy the easier tag/comment adding on the wishlist

It's a great improvement: previously, I had to fight with the UI to hit the save button and now it's auto-saved after I un-select the comment area. It's much much faster to file the hundreds of items I had waiting uncategorized in my wishlist!

Thank you yes