Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

1697071727375»

Comments

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281
    edited September 5

tombraider4ever said:

The hide pc plus is not working for me, is that Daz or your extension? if I sort by wishlist only, hide stuff I own, and procent off or low - high and then cl hide pc plus it doesn't work. Same before the newest version. The hide pc plus is good to have when filtering low high trying to find someth to get for free w the daz original pc + coupon. Thanks for everything you do for us, for your hard work w this, it's very much appreciated! heart I can't shop here without it. I want to spend a few mins here shoping, a very few, not more. The rest of the time, all the time, I want to work in Daz w my Lara fanart, I'm that dedicated to making it. So no time to scroll for hours searching for a good price on stuff. And once again: Daz SHOULD pay you to do this, and give you resources, as they help people spending money here. A lot of us wants to spend some of our money here, we just don't want to scroll endlessly for hours finding a good price that we can afford. So seams a no brainer for Daz to help you. 

I totally agree with you. DAZ should pay for this. I'm sure I won't buy as much as before, now that some of these features aren't working for me anymore. I also don't have the time to check hundred of pages for a good deal. I'm an occasional buyer, like many others here. I don't necessarily need the things. It's just a hobby that I spend far too much money on anyway. Sorry, I appreciate your hard work on that extension, but I really can't spend another 5 bucks for the pro version.

Post edited by FantastArt on
  • JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 803
    I'm using Kiwi browser on Android mobile and I had to reinstall it and I'm trying to add the 4.2.0 version but when I hit the install button nothing happens except for a small black dialog box but I can't read. Do I have to find the file somewhere and install it or should it order be ready to go?
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 614

JazzyBear said:

I'm using Kiwi browser on Android mobile and I had to reinstall it and I'm trying to add the 4.2.0 version but when I hit the install button nothing happens except for a small black dialog box but I can't read. Do I have to find the file somewhere and install it or should it order be ready to go?

I can't install it on Kiwi either. I know the extension was changed to meet new Chrome safety requirement, and I kind of assumed that Kiwi might not be updated to use the new extensions. It's just a guess, though. I could be wrong.

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 803
    Which browser for Android does this work with now?
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Chrome version 128.0.6613.138, Windows 10 Business (22H2, 19045.4780), DazDeals v4.2.0 (non-subscriber)
    Apart from getting the "Hide DAZ+ items, Save6 PA Coupon, PlatClub Coupon, Clear Filters" links in the shop, nothing works.

The same Chrome plugin does work in Opera and W7

DD_NoWork.PNG
    1312 x 952 - 96K
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

We haven't been testing the extension on mobile browsers...yet. Your guesses are correct, though, that Kiwi likely broke because of the manifest file change. I may look into supporting that separately, if there's enough interest.

Also, the "Hide DAZ+ items" link actually just created a URL for the Daz Store itself to filter items...it no longer has that feature... I personally would like it back, though, and it's been frequently requested here, so we'll see what we can do!

And...as ever, we do apologize for the need of the Pro account... We used to get paid via affiliate links in the emails, but in May 2022 Daz unceremoniously (and without notice...) removed us from the afiilate program stating that we were only bringing in recuring revenue...not new business... Sadly, the Pro account approach is the best option we could think of to fund the continued work on the extension, servers, and emails. If we could switch back to the affiliate program, we happily would!

Thanks for understanding!

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 259

Overdrawn said:

We haven't been testing the extension on mobile browsers...yet. Your guesses are correct, though, that Kiwi likely broke because of the manifest file change. I may look into supporting that separately, if there's enough interest.

Also, the "Hide DAZ+ items" link actually just created a URL for the Daz Store itself to filter items...it no longer has that feature... I personally would like it back, though, and it's been frequently requested here, so we'll see what we can do!

And...as ever, we do apologize for the need of the Pro account... We used to get paid via affiliate links in the emails, but in May 2022 Daz unceremoniously (and without notice...) removed us from the afiilate program stating that we were only bringing in recuring revenue...not new business... Sadly, the Pro account approach is the best option we could think of to fund the continued work on the extension, servers, and emails. If we could switch back to the affiliate program, we happily would!

I've just re-subscribed to Pro because this addon is so good and I wanted to renew my support for the work you do to keep it working. Thank you.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    MoreTN said:

Overdrawn said:

I've just re-subscribed to Pro because this addon is so good and I wanted to renew my support for the work you do to keep it working. Thank you.

Thank you for the support! Glad you're enjoying it. :)
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

PerttiA said:

Chrome version 128.0.6613.138, Windows 10 Business (22H2, 19045.4780), DazDeals v4.2.0 (non-subscriber)
    Apart from getting the "Hide DAZ+ items, Save6 PA Coupon, PlatClub Coupon, Clear Filters" links in the shop, nothing works.

The same Chrome plugin does work in Opera and W7

This is now working smiley 

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 957

Is Daz Deals working for everyone (the non-Pro version)? It seems to be broken for me now and does't have the gallery or forum links for products anymore, nor does it show the last lowest prices.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

It looks like Daz did something to the store pages again - I had to log out and back in for the store to show 'purchased' instead of 'add to cart'; I'm still missing the little blue cloud. Also missing are the price history, gallery and forum links, and the hide/unhide buttons.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

namffuak said:

It looks like Daz did something to the store pages again - I had to log out and back in for the store to show 'purchased' instead of 'add to cart'; I'm still missing the little blue cloud. Also missing are the price history, gallery and forum links, and the hide/unhide buttons.

Daz Deals Pro is still working for me (Windows 10 Firefox).

Screenshot 2024-09-22 165807.jpg
    1241 x 544 - 128K

My account auto-renewed recently and it looks like the pro features quit working yesterday (9/21). I haven't tried restarting Firefox yet - I've got a batch of tabs open I want to save first.

Thanks @barbult; at least I know the pproblem is on my end now.

• OgarenOgaren Posts: 4

namffuak said:

My account auto-renewed recently and it looks like the pro features quit working yesterday (9/21). I haven't tried restarting Firefox yet - I've got a batch of tabs open I want to save first.

Thanks @barbult; at least I know the pproblem is on my end now.

Daz Deals renewed yesterday for me and pro features stopped working since then .. Not sure if it's both our end.

Welp - updated/restarted firefox; rebooted (windows 10 pro 64-bit laptop) - and still no pro features.

no-pro.png
    1272 x 809 - 649K
    pro-until.png
    1270 x 563 - 60K
  • OgarenOgaren Posts: 4

namffuak said:

Welp - updated/restarted firefox; rebooted (windows 10 pro 64-bit laptop) - and still no pro features.

They just came back for me (but the preferences does not say they're activated, that's odd)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

namffuak said:

Based on the second screenshot, your subscription is active, and the addon knows it. What else changed on your system when these features stopped working? Firewall update, antivirus software update, etc. Something that might have changed what traffic gets allowd on your browser.

Do other pro features work?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Ogaren said:

namffuak said:

They just came back for me (but the preferences does not say they're activated, that's odd)

Are all the pro features working for you? 

Ati said:

namffuak said:

Based on the second screenshot, your subscription is active, and the addon knows it. What else changed on your system when these features stopped working? Firewall update, antivirus software update, etc. Something that might have changed what traffic gets allowd on your browser.

Do other pro features work?

To the best of my knowledge, nnone of the pro features are working; I have been fighting dns issues the past several months - lookup timeouts for the most part -  which tends to irritate me massivvely, as I used to be the network admin backup before I retired. Mainframes, IBM Unix - no problems; windows stuffs settings in the damndest places - even the windows sysadmin I worked with is coming up blank.