Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

On an unrelated note: I had been blissfully unaware of the winter's massive price increase. This made the percent off calculations a bit unusual in some cases, both in the % off filter, and the displayed discount in the notification emails. During the past week I have updated all prices in our system, so percentage calculations should now show the percentage based on the increased (current) price, not the original price. A couple of items even got cheaper, so that's good! :)

• TrelliganTrelligan Posts: 57

Sorting by '%' isn't working. The worst part is, it seems to, the first several items on my wishlist were 30% off and the rest on that page had no discount, but I had an ATI email for Antares Hair that was 70% off. I searched the wishlist and found several items that were not sorted.
       I then tried the Shop button, selected Only Wishlist and tried 'Sort by %'—and again found items not sorted.

Thanks for all the hard work keeping up with DAZ changes!

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    @Trelligan, the new v4.2.0 should fix that, but it's not yet approved in all stores. Can you confirm what browser and extension version you're using?

Hi all, Daz-Deals v4.2.0 is now up on all three stores: Firefox, Chrome, and Edge!

• AgromAgrom Posts: 9

For the record, I'm having issues with the % off sort as well. When I use it, it rearranges the order of items, but... it definitely isn't sorting them by % off. I have no idea what it is doing, it seems like a random order from my perspective. I'm on Chrome and the extension is on 4.2.0.

Agrom said:

For the record, I'm having issues with the % off sort as well. When I use it, it rearranges the order of items, but... it definitely isn't sorting them by % off. I have no idea what it is doing, it seems like a random order from my perspective. I'm on Chrome and the extension is on 4.2.0.

Can you share which pages it's doing it on? Also, are you a Daz+ subscriber?

Overdrawn said:

Agrom said:

Yes, I am a Daz + subscriber. Honestly, so far as I can tell, it seems to be doing it on every page. Wishlist, front page, individual categories in the store, all regardless of filters selected, etc. I can't find any page where it's working as intended. It used to work fine, so I do know what it's supposed to look like when it's working, and I can't see that anywhere.

Agrom said:

Overdrawn said:

Agrom said:

Yes, I am a Daz + subscriber. Honestly, so far as I can tell, it seems to be doing it on every page. Wishlist, front page, individual categories in the store, all regardless of filters selected, etc. I can't find any page where it's working as intended. It used to work fine, so I do know what it's supposed to look like when it's working, and I can't see that anywhere.

How's this link look for you? https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-artists It should be a few 70% off and the mostly 50% off ones for a few pages (at least).
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    edited August 23

Overdrawn said:

Agrom said:

Overdrawn said:

Agrom said:

How's this link look for you? https://www.daz3d.com/futuristic-artists It should be a few 70% off and the mostly 50% off ones for a few pages (at least).

I'm a Daz+ subscriber and Firefox user on Windows 10. The linked page sorts by "% off" OK for me. I see one at 70%, a bunch at 65%, and most at 50% off. I didn't nitice any out of proper sort order. Daz deals is version 4.2.0

Post edited by barbult on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Works OK for me using Chrome

• JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 84
    edited August 23

On Microsoft Edge (Windows 11 Pro), the % Off filter is not working as intended for me either. On v4.2.0 of the extension.

Post edited by Jumbotron on

Overdrawn said:

See attached. I didn't see anything 70% off on the first page, it's a mix of 50% off and a few randomly placed 65% off ones. I didn't see a 70% off item until page 19, lol.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 093348.png
    1595 x 794 - 1M

Agrom said:

Overdrawn said:

See attached. I didn't see anything 70% off on the first page, it's a mix of 50% off and a few randomly placed 65% off ones. I didn't see a 70% off item until page 19, lol.

Your page looks different than mine in either Chrome or Firefox. I have a Sale banner on each thumbnail. You have %Off banner on each thumbnail. My %Off is text down my the Add to Cart icon. Is Daz doing A/B testing again? How can Daz Deals team deal with that, I wonder.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 101430.jpg
    1644 x 805 - 353K
    @Agrom @jumbotron are you both Pro subscribers? And do you have email notifications setup? If either one of those is not setup, that's likely the issue. Or it could be A/B testing...but let's start with checking things we can do something about. :-P

Overdrawn said:

@Agrom @jumbotron are you both Pro subscribers? And do you have email notifications setup? If either one of those is not setup, that's likely the issue. Or it could be A/B testing...but let's start with checking things we can do something about. :-P

Yes, I am a Pro subscriber (annual renewed in July). I have email notifications setup; I receive them every day. %Off sorts as expected for me.

edited August 23

Overdrawn said:

Hi,

Yes, I am a Pro subscriber. My current subscription ends in March next year. And also, yes, I do have the emails notifications working. For example, today I've got one email with the best prices for a number of products in the last year. I'd like to add that I started noticing this problem with the % Off sort around a couple of days ago or so. I hope that helps. :)

Post edited by Jumbotron on

Overdrawn said:

Yes, I am a Pro subscriber, and yes, I have email notifications set up. Same as Jumbotron, I started noticing the problem a few days ago.

• The hide pc plus is not working for me, is that Daz or your extension? if I sort by wishlist only, hide stuff I own, and procent off or low - high and then cl hide pc plus it doesn't work. Same before the newest version. The hide pc plus is good to have when filtering low high trying to find someth to get for free w the daz original pc + coupon. Thanks for everything you do for us, for your hard work w this, it's very much appreciated! heart I can't shop here without it. I want to spend a few mins here shoping, a very few, not more. The rest of the time, all the time, I want to work in Daz w my Lara fanart, I'm that dedicated to making it. So no time to scroll for hours searching for a good price on stuff. And once again: Daz SHOULD pay you to do this, and give you resources, as they help people spending money here. A lot of us wants to spend some of our money here, we just don't want to scroll endlessly for hours finding a good price that we can afford. So seams a no brainer for Daz to help you. 

edited August 24

Agrom said:

Overdrawn said:

That's not what my page looks like.

If that's the native Daz page for you, then we'll only be able to look at that issue if and when that website update is rolled out to everyone. 

Post edited by Ati on

Ati said:

Agrom said:

Overdrawn said:

That's not what my page looks like.

If that's the native Daz page for you, then we'll only be able to look at that issue if and when that website update is rolled out to everyone. 

Fair enough, it can't be helped. How odd (and annoying).

We'll keep an eye on it though! Sometimes @Ati and I are in different A/B groups which can help. If we can fix it, we will!
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

Just FYI, mine looks like Agrom's, and % off seems to be working fine for me. (pro subscriber, Windows 11, Chrome)

butterflyfish said:

Just FYI, mine looks like Agrom's, and % off seems to be working fine for me. (pro subscriber, Windows 11, Chrome)

That's definitely promising. 

Overdrawn said:

Hi both, I just experienced the same issue on a different browser. Toggling the extension on and off in the extension management section did the trick (after a page reload). It's likely a caching situation or something. I'll try to sort it out before the next release, but for now that toggle trick should get things working for you again!

Overdrawn said:

Hi both, I just experienced the same issue on a different browser. Toggling the extension on and off in the extension management section did the trick (after a page reload). It's likely a caching situation or something. I'll try to sort it out before the next release, but for now that toggle trick should get things working for you again!

Hi,

Thanks. I tried that, but no luck. Still can't get the % Off sorting work. This is on Microsoft Edge.

Overdrawn said:

Overdrawn said:

It didn't work for me on Chrome, but at least now you have a better idea of the problem!

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281

Since a few days my Daz Deals Browser Addon is also not working anymore. Do you have any suggestions what I can do. It's so annoying to browse through lots of sale pages instead of just the things I have on my wishlist. Also the "Hide DAZ+ items" doesn't work for weeks.

FantastArt said:

Since a few days my Daz Deals Browser Addon is also not working anymore. Do you have any suggestions what I can do. It's so annoying to browse through lots of sale pages instead of just the things I have on my wishlist. Also the "Hide DAZ+ items" doesn't work for weeks.

What part of the addon is not working for you? 

Ati said:

FantastArt said:

What part of the addon is not working for you? 

The "only show wishlist items" which is the most important part for me, and the "hide daz+" if this is a part of it. I'm using the newest Firefox version.

Ok, I just saw that all of these features are now only in the Pro version. Is this right?