Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,642

Would someone please post when it is available in the chrome store. It is possible that some of my antivirus software will prevent it from upgrading automaticaly and I will have to do it manualoy. Thanks.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,034

I have Ad block and keep trying to update on an iMac with Google Chrome. 

On my Win 11 with Edge I can't seem to find a way to update it. Stumbled across add extension, tried that and only v4.1.0 shows as the latest version.

memcneil70 said:

I have Ad block and keep trying to update on an iMac with Google Chrome. 

On my Win 11 with Edge I can't seem to find a way to update it. Stumbled across add extension, tried that and only v4.1.0 shows as the latest version. 

I'm not sure but I don't think the updated version is available in the chrome and MS stores yet. Hopefully someone will let us know when it is. 

So after the weekend then? Oh well. Overdrawn and Ati did their best for us. I will live. Thanks Charlie.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

WindTrancer said:

Do you plan on updating the Microsoft Edge browser add-on as well? 

Yes. We update all three stores at once: Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. We used to update Opera also...but they seem to have abandoned their addon store... The extension there is antique and I should likely unpublish it...but I keep posting updates there too in hopes it'll get someone at Opera to care...who knows. ;-P

memcneil70 said:

So after the weekend then? Oh well. Overdrawn and Ati did their best for us. I will live. Thanks Charlie.

Yeah...sorry about the wait. Firefox is now the fastest as they do an automated check and publish first...and then a human review later. Chrome and Edge are still human first, so they're both (consequently) stuck in the "in review" state...for now. Sorry we can't push it through faster.

Overdrawn said:

memcneil70 said:

Yeah...sorry about the wait. Firefox is now the fastest as they do an automated check and publish first...and then a human review later. Chrome and Edge are still human first, so they're both (consequently) stuck in the "in review" state...for now. Sorry we can't push it through faster.

Not your fault. You did your best. Thanks. 

• HyeVltg3HyeVltg3 Posts: 87

not sure what happened but all of a sudden the plugin no longer works on the Daz pages (drop-down menus, tick box and price history)

Was working fine a few days again, but today I cant seem to get it to work on Edge and Chrome.

Any tips to troubleshoot?

HyeVltg3 said:

not sure what happened but all of a sudden the plugin no longer works on the Daz pages (drop-down menus, tick box and price history)

Was working fine a few days again, but today I cant seem to get it to work on Edge and Chrome.

Any tips to troubleshoot?

See posts above. Evidently there was a change in the DAZ store which broke DAZ Deals. Overdrawn has prepared a new version but it is not yet in the Chrome and Edge stores. 

• lachilachi Posts: 80

Thanks for the update. I tried it in Firefox and it seems to be working.

Sadly the PRO features are not working yet and I don't know how to unlock them. I clicked the button "Unlock Pro Features", I logged into my coffee account, I restarted the browser, nothing helped.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,165

This is interesting: I have the latest update and it appears everything is fine, except in Wishlist I select Hide Daz+ items, the url shows https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filtered=1 and the Daz+ items still show. Then the Save6PA coupon shows url https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_new=0&filter_vendor=&filtered=1 and the browser shows the first 6 items in my WL. Platclub Coupon shows https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist#filter_platClub=0&filter_vendor=Daz Originals&filtered=1 and the Daz+ items are still displayed in the queue. It seems that the filters in the url no longer work as expected. >_> 

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

memcneil70 said:

Not your fault. You did your best. Thanks. 

I agree totally with Charlie. You both are great.

Mary 

The url-based filters are malfunctioning on the main shop page, too.

• I'm on Opera, and of course the Opera version of the Daz Deals pluggin has stopped working for me, too, since at least a day or two ago.  When the Chrome updated version ships, would I be better off uninstalling the Opera version and cross-installing the Chrome version with Opera's install-from-the-Chrome-pluggins-store function?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

The plugin has started to work again in Chrome

edited June 10

PerttiA said:

The plugin has started to work again in Chrome

Thanks for posting. Although I haven't throughly tested it, it appears to be working for me in Chrome. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,392

Works for me again in firefox too.

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 32

Not so fast declaring that the DD add-on has regained full functionality in Chrome--at least not at my end.  On the store's main page still only shows "Hide Items|Owned, Only Show +, and Only Show Bundles."  Also sorting by "% Off" not available in Chrome.

On the products' pages, the only DD funtionality is to show already owned and the green arrow which directs you to the purchase library for that item.  All else is missing.

Firefox seems to be working OK since the 4.11 version is the DD version now working.  Only version 4.1 is the latest DD  currently available for Chrome and Edge .  Google and Microsoft are slow in the apps' section updates.

WindTrancer said:

Not so fast declaring that the DD add-on has regained full functionality in Chrome--at least not at my end.  On the store's main page still only shows "Hide Items|Owned, Only Show +, and Only Show Bundles."  Also sorting by "% Off" not available in Chrome.

On the products' pages, the only DD funtionality is to show already owned and the green arrow which directs you to the purchase library for that item.  All else is missing.

Firefox seems to be working OK since the 4.11 version is the DD version now working.  Only version 4.1 is the latest DD  currently available for Chrome and Edge .  Google and Microsoft are slow in the apps' section updates.

Version 4.1.1 was available for me in Chrome. Once it was installed and I went to the email notfications section and resaved my email and pass code I see the extra filters and can sort by % off. 

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 125

All functionality seems to be back for me. TYSM @Overdrawn and @ATI!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,395

Charlie Judge said:

WindTrancer said:

Version 4.1.1 was available for me in Chrome. Once it was installed and I went to the email notfications section and resaved my email and pass code I see the extra filters and can sort by % off. 

Same for me 

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 32

OK.  Likely I am not getting full functionality in Chrome because I am using a 32-bit machine for the Internet, and Chrome has stopped servicing 32-bit Chrome.  Likely the same for Edge.  But luckily Firefox continues to maintain updates for my old machine and that's why DD works for me in FIreFox.  If and when FireFox discontinues updating my 32-bit machine, I will have to connect my 64-bit machine to the Internet--currently I only use that machine for art projects.

edited June 10

I had not seen the posts this morning and have been doing chores until now. But I went to the main sales page and saw the options were back. But, does anyone else see a blue squiggly line under the DAZ Deals options? They work, but I never saw that blue squiggle before. Google Chrome on iMac.

Edit to add: Thank you so much Ati and Overdrawn, my world is complete again. I can see my gallery pages!

Screen Shot 2024-06-10 at 11.28.46 AM.png
    1414 x 466 - 630K
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,395

memcneil70 said:

I had not seen the posts this morning and have been doing chores until now. But I went to the main sales page and saw the options were back. But, does anyone else see a blue squiggly line under the DAZ Deals options? They work, but I never saw that blue squiggle before. Google Chrome on iMac.

Edit to add: Thank you so much Ati and Overdrawn, my world is complete again. I can see my gallery pages!

Yep blue squiggley line 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,909

Firefox, Mac. Updated Daz Deals and it's working again, in fact it seems to be working better than before. Thank god, I alreaady thought it was the end of the line.

memcneil70 said:

Yeah. The blue squiggly lines are new..and on purpose. :)

If you read the last few pages (or really any/all of the pages) on this thread, you'll read a good deal of "is that a Daz Deals feature?" This was my fast/early attempt to make a few of the addon's addons more obvious when added to the store. I hope to continue to do that in future releases, so it's clearer what comes with being a Daz Deals extension user and/or subscriber. Sorry if it was startling. :)

lachi said:

Thanks for the update. I tried it in Firefox and it seems to be working.

Sadly the PRO features are not working yet and I don't know how to unlock them. I clicked the button "Unlock Pro Features", I logged into my coffee account, I restarted the browser, nothing helped.

Sorry the onboarding is still pretty confusing... We're having to do some major recoding as Chrome (at least) will no longer be accepting "manifest v2" extension updates soon. As I do those changes, I'm also working on redoing the onboarding screens to make this all clearer.

In the meantime, though, the missing step is signing up for email notifications. The extension needs to know who you are, basically. So, sign-up for email notifications with the same email address as the one you used at BuyMeACoffee in the extension options screen--there's a big link to go there on the wishlist page: https://www.daz3d.com/wishlist

Once you've signed up, you'll receive a passcode to use on that email notifications screen, and once that's entered, the Pro features should turn on for you.

Sorry again that it's confusing! We're working on streamlining all the things in future versions.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Overdrawn said:

memcneil70 said:

Yeah. The blue squiggly lines are new..and on purpose. :)

If you read the last few pages (or really any/all of the pages) on this thread, you'll read a good deal of "is that a Daz Deals feature?" This was my fast/early attempt to make a few of the addon's addons more obvious when added to the store. I hope to continue to do that in future releases, so it's clearer what comes with being a Daz Deals extension user and/or subscriber. Sorry if it was startling. :)

Thank you so much for all your hard workheart In Chrome everything is functioning.yes. I'm not a big fan of blue (hubbys fav color), but as long as it works, it can be any color, I will take purple squiggly lines with pink polka dots, even though I don't like purple. I literally dumped my wishlist and two carts. Trying to shop here without DAZ Dealz is like making your way thru a maze blindfolded. DAZ seems to do this during almost every peak sale events, and sabatoge their income. I don't get it. Every major sales event seems to be the time they decide to shuffle around break things.

I'm still not getting normal function from the hide daz+ And coupon selectors in FF on win10. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,936

Torquinox said:

I'm still not getting normal function from the hide daz+ And coupon selectors in FF on win10. 

Same problem here. Also Firefox Windows 10.