Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 119

It literally stopped working between one page and the next. I opened the Strappy Dress Textures page (https://www.daz3d.com/strappy-party-dress-textures) and saw the price graph and the ususal UI, cicked to view the dress itself (https://www.daz3d.com/strappy-party-dress) and all the Daz-Deals stuff was gone! Clicked around some more but no other products showed the Daz-Deals info. Also gone from the wishlist.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing the plugin but no dice.

CHROME: Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit) 
    OS: Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4412, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,590

Ati said:

I'm using Chrome, and no issues here, so it's definitely not a general problem with the Chrome version.

Make sure you have the correct email address and passcode entered in the options page. Reenter them if not sure.

If you have any popups from Daz, make sure to click through them. Problems on the native page can cause everything else to stop, and we've had page errors with some previous Daz popups.

Obviously based on the responses, you may be seeing a cached page. I have built web pages on an apache server, done a hard refresh and everything seems fine, until I got complaints. I had to log out and shut down the server to see what others were seeing, and I hated to do it but it it's broken why worry? Shut the sucker down and when you restart it, see if you can see what we see.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,754
    edited June 7

PerttiA said:

The free version hasn't worked on W10+Chrome all week, but can't give details as that's my work computer and here at home with W7+Opera, the older version of the plugin still works

Windows 10 Business, 22H2, 19045.4412
    Chrome - Version 125.0.6422.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Malwarebytes Browser Guard 2.6.26
    Daz-Deals v4.1.0 (free version)

The only Daz-Deals feature that still works, is the link to Readme.

No price history
    No links to forum posts or gallery
    Owned parts of the bundle not identified

DD1.PNG
    824 x 457 - 43K
    DD2.PNG
    626 x 850 - 576K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,103

Thanks for all the info. I've pinged @Overdrawn

• paolo_35229750paolo_35229750 Posts: 78
    edited June 7

just to add more...

from the Firefox console: sub_end from subs.js undefined

So, it can no longer find my subscription and let me login, I foolishly followed the instructions to uninstall the add-on and clear my cache ... :'(

Screenshot 2024-06-07 101423.png
    1917 x 491 - 79K
    Post edited by paolo_35229750 on
  • lachilachi Posts: 76

lachi said:

Nothing is working for me.

Latest Chrome Version 125.0.6422.142 on Windows 11 Pro.

I'm pretty sure that it worked 1 day before.

I have to correct my statement. The following things are still working:

- The additional filters: Hide DAZ+ items / Save6 PA Coupon / PlatClub Coupon / Clear Filters 

- The "Read Me" link for each product 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,559

you dont miss it till its gone. Wow, DAZDeals really makes shopping here a lot better. Now, it just takes way too much time and efort to figureout stuff. Can't see wishlist items, etc. Just that is a killer for me.

Update: @Overdrawn says he's working on a fix for this today.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,425
    Thank you!
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,871

Is it known why it works for some, but not for others?

Does Daz show different layout to different people?

Mine has been working all the time.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,136

felis said:

My guess is that it depends on which DNS servers they connect to. When Daz changes something on the website, some people are affected sooner, and some later (like with ads in the gallery, mature filters, etc.), and based on my experience, it has nothing to do with your browser or PC. Back when I had an issue with some pages displaying me as logged out, I ran some tests, and a browser, a PC/Mac/Phone made no difference (including a device which never before connected to Daz, so no caching or cookies), but switching a VPN did. So, following that I think that many if not all so far unaffected users might get affected as well.

I hope that Ati and Overdrawn will manage to find a solution!

• no noseno nose Posts: 304

this is one of those times that I wish the "show only wishlisted" button was a normal part of Daz and didn't require an addon

felis said:

It's still working fine for me, too. Daz may be doing an a/b testing? Not sure. Knowing that the thing changed is how they now store owned items, I can see parts of the core site not working for me, such as hiding the items I already own.

Update: @Overdrawn has made a quick fix, and the updated addon will be arriving to the browser stores soon. This should work for both the people who are already seeing the changes in the data format (where the addon broke), and the people who are not yet seeing it (where the addon didn't break).

• Thank you to both you and Overdrawn!
    I'm in the broke crowd, too. Yesterday fine, today, broke. So, I'll patiently wait! 

Ati said:

Update: @Overdrawn has made a quick fix, and the updated addon will be arriving to the browser stores soon. This should work for both the people who are already seeing the changes in the data format (where the addon broke), and the people who are not yet seeing it (where the addon didn't break).

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 567

Hi all! I've just released v4.1.1 to the addon "stores." You should all be getting the fix once the stores approve it--and it should work regardless of which A/B test group you may be apart of.

Sadly, we can only fix the issues we ourselves experience, so apologies for the wait!

We'll continue to monitor things. And thank you, as ever, for your continued support.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,082

Thank you for your continued support!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,470

Thank you for your quick work. Now here's hoping that the Chrome Store updates DAZ Deals soon and doesn't wait all weekend to do so.

• ariocharioch Posts: 170

@Ati and @Overdrawn

The addon has hit the Mozilla store and it's working again! Thanks so much for your quick attention to fixing it. I think you can see how reliant we are on it based on the responses here!

• Thank you for 4.11

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 672

It doesn't work for me, tried clearing the Daz store cookies, close and open and sign in. Hoping the update will fix it when it arrives to chrome. Until then I'm saving some money at leastlaugh.

• WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 30
    edited June 8

Well, the FireFox add-on seems to work okay, though "only ahow" wish list option does not appear on the store main pages. Also lost all my notations for my "products" pages.and on vendors' pages. 

Chrome add-ons have not been updated as of yet. Daz should have notified you that some of their store changes would affect the functionality of your add-on.  Certainly it would have been the proper thing to do.  Such is life in Das-land. Thanks for your timelly fixes though.

Post edited by WindTrancer on
  • WindTrancerWindTrancer Posts: 30

Do you plan on updating the Microsoft Edge browser add-on as well?

• ElorElor Posts: 832
    edited June 8
    • System: MacOS Ventura
    • Browser: Firefox
    • Subscription: No, but I think I'm only using functions that are part of the free plan

Everything is fully updated.

The filters buttons are not working properly with Daz Deals 4.1.1. They stopped worked properly in the last couple of days (I can't be more precise sorry, but it's likely related to the other problems):

• the Hide Daz+ filter and Clear filter don't work at all (at least, nothing visible is happening)
    • The coupons filters are not really working but they do change the selection:
      • The Platclub coupon filter shows every Daz Originals and doesn't exclude the Daz+ items.
      • The Save6 coupon filter seems to show only New Releases instead of excluding them.

Disconnecting from Daz or clearing cookies from Daz3D didn't solve the problems.

Post edited by Elor on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,425

Elor said:

• System: MacOS Ventura
    • Browser: Firefox
    • Subscription: No, but I think I'm only using functions that are part of the free plan

Everything is fully updated.

The filters buttons are not working properly with Daz Deals 4.1.1. They stopped worked properly in the last couple of days (I can't be more precise sorry, but it's likely related to the other problems):

• the Hide Daz+ filter and Clear filter don't work at all (at least, nothing visible is happening)
    • The coupons filters are not really working but they do change the selection:
      • The Platclub coupon filter shows every Daz Originals and doesn't exclude the Daz+ items.
      • The Save6 coupon filter seems to show only New Releases instead of excluding them.

Disconnecting from Daz or clearing cookies from Daz3D didn't solve the problems.

I'm on the paid plan, but you are right. those filters are not working right yet. Only Show Wishlist does seem to work, though, and that is the important one to me.

• no noseno nose Posts: 304

well i'm on firefox and it seems to mostly be back, seems to just be missing the "show wishlisted" button and the sorting by % off

is it the DAZ DEals add-on that greys out the products already purchased in a bundle, or any product, or is that a DAZ function? Its not working. That is another one that really screws up shopping, which means you have to check each item in a bundle to see if you've purchsed it or not. 

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,869

daveso said:

is it the DAZ DEals add-on that greys out the products already purchased in a bundle, or any product, or is that a DAZ function?

Yes, it's a Daz Deals function.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,869

I'm using the free version. Thanks @ati & @overdrawn for your efforts. I'm sorry I am not buying the paid version. I simply don't spend enough at Daz store to justify the additional expense. Even so, I think your plug-in is essential for shopping here and it actually promotes buying more stuff. One would think Daz would show more appreciation for the benefits of what you are doing.

Torquinox said:

I'm using the free version. Thanks @ati & @overdrawn for your efforts. I'm sorry I am not buying the paid version. I simply don't spend enough at Daz store to justify the additional expense. Even so, I think your plug-in is essential for shopping here and it actually promotes buying more stuff. One would think Daz would show more appreciation for the benefits of what you are doing.

100% agree yes