Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Left work an hour and a half ago, and it did still work, but doesn't now.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Still broken.

• Hope they'll be back soon... 

Ati has not been signed into the forums since July 14. They no longer seem to monitor this thread. Maybe the missing email notifications from Daz make them think nobody is posting.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited August 2023

barbult said:

Ati has not been signed into the forums since July 14. They no longer seem to monitor this thread. Maybe the missing email notifications from Daz make them think nobody is posting.

Everybody cancel their subscriptions then they will notice. Just joking!  cheeky

Edit: He was in hospital in December, hopefully there were no post issues healthwise. He could be taking a well-deserved vacation.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638

Hmm, DAZ Deals servers appear to still be down. I hope everything is OK with ATI and Overdrawn.

• jim_doriajim_doria Posts: 125

ArtAngel said:

Edit: He was in hospital in December, hopefully there were no post issues healthwise. He could be taking a well-deserved vacation.

That would track. Things run smoothly for months and the minute you go on vacation they fall apart. cheeky

Hope it's nothing health related! And that we see Daz Deals back up and running soon!

It's back for me now. The graph and images and links in the email are working.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Yeah, I was looking at things and all of a sudden the coffee kicked in and I realized I saw the normal page! It takes a few when the cats wake me up an hour before the alarm is supposed to go off. I have been weeding off my cart since then for the past few hours.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Thank goodness it's working again,because right now, for me, the rest of the DAZ site design sucks. And this is the only sane part of it.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

Seems to be down again for me.

edited August 2023

butterflyfish said:

Check again; it may have been a temporary glitch. It seems to still be working for me.  

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

Charlie Judge said:

butterflyfish said:

Check again; it may have been a temporary glitch. It seems to still be working for me.  

OK, it's back again. Thanks for checking. smiley

• jeylienjeylien Posts: 33

How do I create a category or tag or label or whatever it is? I'd like to be able to filter my oversized wishlist by, say, items I consider "hair", for example. I think I have to do something with the comments in the wish list, but is there something I need to do to make it a tag/category/etc? 
    Furthermore, my comments don't seem to actually stay saved, as it seems often if I refresh the page or open up my wishlist later, the comment is gone. Again, am I doing (or not doing) something wrong, or is. it just not a functioning feature right now? (Note: using Chrome browser, and I'm on a mac so I don't know if that makes a difference or not...)

• ArtAngel said:

barbult said:

Everybody cancel their subscriptions then they will notice. Just joking!  cheeky

Hey folks,

Really sorry for the radio silence and the server issues! I'll be checking in with @Ati about those--not sure what happened there.

The radio silence was mostly caused by a job transition on my part. I hope to be back to checking in here regularly, but there's clearly a backlog to catch up on.

Sorry again for the radio silence, and I'll see if I can sort out what's up with the server.

Cheers!

• jeylien said:

How do I create a category or tag or label or whatever it is? I'd like to be able to filter my oversized wishlist by, say, items I consider "hair", for example. I think I have to do something with the comments in the wish list, but is there something I need to do to make it a tag/category/etc? 
    Furthermore, my comments don't seem to actually stay saved, as it seems often if I refresh the page or open up my wishlist later, the comment is gone. Again, am I doing (or not doing) something wrong, or is. it just not a functioning feature right now? (Note: using Chrome browser, and I'm on a mac so I don't know if that makes a difference or not...)

It looks like the new card design in the wishlist causes a mouse over collision with our "save comment" button--assuming you're adding comments on the wishlist page. If you're very careful with the mouse you should still be able to hit it...but it's annoying to be sure... Alternatively, you can add comments directly on the product page. That's not as fast, but it is more reliable given the new additions to the wishlist page.

We use hashtags for labels/categories: #next #hair You can also use a plus sign for special tags that show up in product listings: +projectB

There's a help page within the addon that covers this in more detail. Look for the "?" in the top navigation on the Options page--which you can open by clicking the extension icon in your browser's toolbar.

I hope that helps!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

Yes, I add and save comments on the individual product pages to get them to show up in the wishlist. An initial asterisk makes them a category on the wishlist.

• Hi all! I've just pushed a v4.0.6 extension to the various browser extension stores. It fixes the "hide products in product listings" feature! Sorry for the wait on that fix. Enjoy its return! :)

Cheers!

• Athough they show up on various sale pages, the DAZ Deals filters such as "show wishlist items" are not showing up on the main store page.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

Overdrawn said:

Hi all! I've just pushed a v4.0.6 extension to the various browser extension stores. It fixes the "hide products in product listings" feature! Sorry for the wait on that fix. Enjoy its return! :)

Cheers!

Thanks! I'm off now to beat it to death. laugh

• Good day, I was finally able to sign back up ... but it has not activated. I vaguely recall needing to sign an email somewhere or do something to make it work. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for the wonderful product.

• 3141592654 said:

Good day, I was finally able to sign back up ... but it has not activated. I vaguely recall needing to sign an email somewhere or do something to make it work. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for the wonderful product.

Open DAZ Deals and go to email options, enter your email (the same one you signed up with) and your passcode. Then Save. 

• Charlie Judge said:

Open DAZ Deals and go to email options, enter your email (the same one you signed up with) and your passcode. Then Save. 

Thank you very much. That did it. I knew it was something simple.

• Charlie Judge said:

Athough they show up on various sale pages, the DAZ Deals filters such as "show wishlist items" are not showing up on the main store page.

Do you mean on https://www.daz3d.com/shop ? The features show up there for me, but not on the search results page any more... I'll have to hunt down what changed.

Can you confirm you don't see them on /shop?

Overdrawn said:

Charlie Judge said:

Athough they show up on various sale pages, the DAZ Deals filters such as "show wishlist items" are not showing up on the main store page.

Do you mean on https://www.daz3d.com/shop ? The features show up there for me, but not on the search results page any more... I'll have to hunt down what changed.

I'm not Charlie, but they show up fine for me on the main Shop page. I use Firefox on Windows 10.

• Overdrawn said:

Charlie Judge said:

I'm on the latest version of Chrome and what I don't see are the options such as "Only Show Owned"  and "Show Wishlist" on https://www.daz3d.com/shopI do, however see them on sale pages such as https://www.daz3d.com/thrilling-recent-items#order=popular^1&filtered=1

• I can see all the options on the main shop page. Chrome, Win 11.

edited September 2023

This is what I see on the main sale page:

shop page.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 356K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Can you DM me your settings? Something must not be loading for you for some reason.

Charlie Judge said:

This is what I see on the main sale page:

Try just refreshing the page. Somethimes they don't show up without a page refresh.