Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

paolo_35229750 said:

The functionality is restored when you add an item to the Wishlist.

Yep. The entire system started as a wishlist notification, so yeah, it requires at least one item in your wishlist.

• paolo_35229750paolo_35229750 Posts: 82
    edited November 2023

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Still have the issue. So, posting a screen shot to be clearer:

Richard Haseltine said:

Try refreshing the page while it is still showing the items greyed out.

Did, tried all the tricks that usually work - Refresh on the page, Go to another page and then back. Close the tab and reopen again from a clean tab. Tried filtering, and then deleting all from there. It all just comes back. The only way I've been able to remove them so far, is one by one. Then a refresh on the page works just fine.

I think I have too many items on the list!  

I do not think this has anything to do with the number of items in your wishlist nor the DazDeals Add-on, I am interested in this problem becuase of an issue DazDeals has with an empty wishlist.

I have experimented with 6 wishlist items on Firefox (with and without the add-on), Opera, Chrome and Microsoft Edge; the browsers without the add-on were run on a PC that has never had the DazDeals Add-on installed and none of my browsers share their profiles.

The 'clear wishlist itmes' function / script does not clear all the items at once; this would be difficult to spot when you have 3K items in the list. To clear my 6 items from the list, took me between 2 and 4 clicks and refreshes; the list reducing each time, the number of items removed varied between iterations and browsers, I didn't bother looking for a pattern.

Similarly, the disassociated checkbox / label occured on all browsers, without the add-on, Daz's 'only show bundles' has its label on the right of the filters and the checkbox to the left of the filters, this is also what is happening with the DazDeals add-on filter's labels and check boxes, this is probably as CSS issue in the page.

I hope this helps, for my part it looks like I will need to keep at least 1 item in my wishlist in order to continue enjoying the benefits of the DazDeals Add-on

Post edited by paolo_35229750 on
  • paolo_35229750paolo_35229750 Posts: 82
    edited November 2023

Ati said:

paolo_35229750 said:

The functionality is restored when you add an item to the Wishlist.

Yep. The entire system started as a wishlist notification, so yeah, it requires at least one item in your wishlist.

Thanks for the reply, now that I know I will just need to keep at least one item in my wishlist.

I am considering wishlisting an item I would never want; the danger is I'll probably end up buying it when an enticing promo comes along ... Ah! Well ...

Post edited by paolo_35229750 on
  • Thank you for exploring the issue so thouroughly! I'll just keep doing the Clear Wishlist over and over, then.

paolo_35229750 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Did, tried all the tricks that usually work - Refresh on the page, Go to another page and then back. Close the tab and reopen again from a clean tab. Tried filtering, and then deleting all from there. It all just comes back. The only way I've been able to remove them so far, is one by one. Then a refresh on the page works just fine.

I do not think this has anything to do with the number of items in your wishlist nor the DazDeals Add-on, I am interested in this problem becuase of an issue DazDeals has with an empty wishlist.

I have experimented with 6 wishlist items on Firefox (with and without the add-on), Opera, Chrome and Microsoft Edge; the browsers without the add-on were run on a PC that has never had the DazDeals Add-on installed and none of my browsers share their profiles.

The 'clear wishlist itmes' function / script does not clear all the items at once; this would be difficult to spot when you have 3K items in the list. To clear my 6 items from the list, took me between 2 and 4 clicks and refreshes; the list reducing each time, the number of items removed varied between iterations and browsers, I didn't bother looking for a pattern.

Similarly, the disassociated checkbox / label occured on all browsers, without the add-on, Daz's 'only show bundles' has its label on the right of the filters and the checkbox to the left of the filters, this is also what is happening with the DazDeals add-on filter's labels and check boxes, this is probably as CSS issue in the page.

I hope this helps, for my part it looks like I will need to keep at least 1 item in my wishlist in order to continue enjoying the benefits of the DazDeals Add-on

• Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Thank you for exploring the issue so thouroughly! I'll just keep doing the Clear Wishlist over and over, then.

paolo_35229750 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You are welcome. You should be able to see the number of items in your wishlist go down, left hand side of the page near the top, in your screenshot it is '...610 of 3636' but this might be a tad demoralising.

A better solution would be if the Daz Dev Team fixed the page so that the 'clear wishlist' function worked, and the page  displayed the default filter checkboxes correctly. Might be worthwhile raising a probem ticket.

• That is a solution, too....Will consider that.

Thanks again

paolo_35229750 said:

Thank you for exploring the issue so thouroughly! I'll just keep doing the Clear Wishlist over and over, then.

paolo_35229750 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

You are welcome. You should be able to see the number of items in your wishlist go down, left hand side of the page near the top, in your screenshot it is '...610 of 3636' but this might be a tad demoralising.

A better solution would be if the Daz Dev Team fixed the page so that the 'clear wishlist' function worked, and the page  displayed the default filter checkboxes correctly. Might be worthwhile raising a probem ticket.

• Just to make sure. Since the extension went to v4 the options for "showing only owned" or "show just wishlisted" are removed from the free version and only available to pro subscribers, right? So I guess I have to learn to live without them unfortunately.

• Just to make sure. Since the extension went to v4 the options for "showing only owned" or "show just wishlisted" are removed from the free version and only available to pro subscribers, right? So I guess I have to learn to live without them unfortunately.

Sadly, yes. We've kept everything that doesn't incur server or email sending cost free. Those features sadly use the server a good bit, so are a Pro feature. We miss the good ole days when we didn't have to charge...
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Hello. everyone.  Haven't been around for a while.  Hope everyone is in good health.

When Ati and Overdrawn had to make some features Pro I swubscribed mainly to support them for all the years they've been providing this essential plugin, even though I wasn't active on the site.  I started up again for the Daz+ anniversary last month and have been relying on DazDeals heavily.

Is there a limit on the number of hidden items (and/or a way to find out how many items you've hidden)?  I know I must have several thousand by now, and haven't encountered any problems or lags.

Is there a way to hide items beyond one at a time?  There are vendors, genres, and figures I never buy, so it would be helpful to mark an entire page hidden at once.

•  Go to your DazDeals (Account>DazDeals)
    Under Options is the Show hidden
    You can also get there from the tab above, next to options.
    I apparently don't have anything hidden, so mine doesn't show anything.
    I don't know of anyway to hide more than one at a time, sorry.

Fixmypcmike said:

Hello. everyone.  Haven't been around for a while.  Hope everyone is in good health.

When Ati and Overdrawn had to make some features Pro I swubscribed mainly to support them for all the years they've been providing this essential plugin, even though I wasn't active on the site.  I started up again for the Daz+ anniversary last month and have been relying on DazDeals heavily.

Is there a limit on the number of hidden items (and/or a way to find out how many items you've hidden)?  I know I must have several thousand by now, and haven't encountered any problems or lags.

Is there a way to hide items beyond one at a time?  There are vendors, genres, and figures I never buy, so it would be helpful to mark an entire page hidden at once.

Hidden.jpg
    640 x 335 - 55K

Unfortunately Show Hidden can take a while to populate if you have a lot hidden, and you still have to count up hundreds or thousands of rows to see how many there are.

Fixmypcmike said:

We don't have a hard-coded limit, but it does depend on what your browser can handle. (Both as far as being able to store what's hidden, and the display speed you're still comfortable with.)

Not at this point. This feature was designed to hide a few items overall.

What we do have is, well..., the exact opposite of this. :D Under Email notifications, you can set the artists that you are interested in, and receive an email when they have new items out. Instead of hiding items you are not interested in, this will showcase items that you are.

• lachilachi Posts: 80
    edited December 2023

It's not working for me any longer, is this only me or others as well?

Edit: Funny, just after posting the options and filters came back.

Edit 2: And it's gone again????

Post edited by lachi on

lachi said:

It's not working for me any longer, is this only me or others as well?

Edit: Funny, just after posting the options and filters came back.

Edit 2: And it's gone again????

What are you trying to do that does not seem to be working?

edited December 2023

For anyone who might be curious, I've hidden about 2/3 of the store and haven't noticed any performance issues.  This is on a 9-year-old laptop, not a powerhouse.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Nothing is working.

On the main store page:

"Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" does not work.

"Hide "What's Hot" section in the store" does not work

"Show filter for required items and addons" does not work

On individual asset pages:

"Show price history" does not work

"Show gallery images and forum links for products" does not work

lachi said:

Nothing is working.

On the main store page:

"Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" does not work.

"Hide "What's Hot" section in the store" does not work

"Show filter for required items and addons" does not work

On individual asset pages:

"Show price history" does not work

"Show gallery images and forum links for products" does not work

What browser are you using, and what version of the addon? 

Chrome and v4.1.0

2 days ago everything was fine but suddenly everything stopped working, not only the pro features but anything.

I noticed that there seems to be a problem with the payment because apparently my yearly payment was due on the 26th but why should that interfere with the non-pro features?

• Not working for me either I'm using Chrome

At least the hide what's new section should still work even if the others don't. Do you guys have items (at least one) in your wishlist?

It started working 8 hours ago and seems to be stable now. didn't have problem since. Strange.

lachi said:

It started working 8 hours ago and seems to be stable now. didn't have problem since. Strange.

That is odd. Happy odd, but still odd. Thank you for the update. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Ati, good to see you back.

I have the Pro package and the only thing I would love is being able to see all options on all my computers Win 10, Win 11, iMac (primary set up now) and a MacBookPro M1, iPads and my iPhone where I use Chrome as my preference. While I can browse the site, to make purchase decisions I have to go to the iMac and see the details and my wishlist. If there is a way to allow me to have that now, I would love to know.

Thanks,

Mary

memcneil70 said:

Ati, good to see you back.

I have the Pro package and the only thing I would love is being able to see all options on all my computers Win 10, Win 11, iMac (primary set up now) and a MacBookPro M1, iPads and my iPhone where I use Chrome as my preference. While I can browse the site, to make purchase decisions I have to go to the iMac and see the details and my wishlist. If there is a way to allow me to have that now, I would love to know.

Thanks,

Mary

Windows 10, Windows 11 should work fine. I'm not familiar with Macs, but if there's a regular Chrome, Firefox, etc browser for them that can access their browser store to get the addon, those should work fine, too. iPad and  iPhone is most likely different. There are some browsers on Android phones and tablets that let you run an addon, but I'm not familiar with iPads and iPhones to know if such browsers are available on them. Anyone know, and maybe even use it?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Ati, just saw my issue. On the MBP, Google has the latest version 4.10 but I failed to tick all the boxes I wanted to see. Operator error. So I will be opening all of my browsers/extensions and updating those filelds. Thank you very much.

• ElorElor Posts: 1,106

Ati said:

There are some browsers on Android phones and tablets that let you run an addon, but I'm not familiar with iPads and iPhones to know if such browsers are available on them. Anyone know, and maybe even use it?

AFAIK, every web browser on iPad / iPhone is using Webkit and not the engine of their computer or Android counterparts.

I think they were talks about Apple finaly allowing other browsers to use their own engine instead of being forced to use Webkit, but I have no idea if they lead to changes or not.

• Now working 

Robert Freise said:

Now working 

Do you have at least one item in your wishlist? Are the options you are looking for enabled in the addon's options page? 

• Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

Now working 

Do you have at least one item in your wishlist? Are the options you are looking for enabled in the addon's options page? 

It's working fine no problems 

Robert Freise said:

Ati said:

Robert Freise said:

Now working 

It's working fine no problems 

Glad to hear that.