Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• jmattatalljmattatall Posts: 23

I haven't recieved any notification since July 4th, which was when I last paid.

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 530
    edited July 2023

My monthly subscription renewed yesterday and I haven't been receiving the sales notification emails since then. Wishlist filter works but seems a bit slow to load or something in Firefox.

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

For a few days, I would get sporadic forum notifications, usually during the Daz night time. Now for many days I don't get any at all. You would think that Ati and Overdrawn would check in from time to time, even if there were no email notifications. Not only have they not visited this thread, they haven't even been "Active" on the Daz site for many weeks. Something isn't right. We all hope they are OK, but it is getting really concerning.

They are OK. I sent you a PM 

Thank you. I got it and responded. Without any forum email notifications, it is easy to miss things these days.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

For a few days, I would get sporadic forum notifications, usually during the Daz night time. Now for many days I don't get any at all. You would think that Ati and Overdrawn would check in from time to time, even if there were no email notifications. Not only have they not visited this thread, they haven't even been "Active" on the Daz site for many weeks. Something isn't right. We all hope they are OK, but it is getting really concerning.

Thank you. I got it and responded. Without any forum email notifications, it is easy to miss things these days.

Maybe that is one reason that ATI and Overdrawn haven't responded to this thread.  I just now responded back to your PM reply with a  question.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,690

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Is there any chance you can alert them to the problems people are having atm? That would be kind of you. I'd still really like to subscribe for a month or so.

tsroemi said:

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Is there any chance you can alert them to the problems people are having atm? That would be kind of you. I'd still really like to subscribe for a month or so.

@tsroemi I have sent you a PM and @barbult I have responded to your latest PM

@tsroemi : I replied to your PM. Posting here because notifications for PM's don't seem to be working.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837
    edited July 2023

Considering their extension says to come to the forums. "Daz-Deals is brought to you by Overdrawn and Ati. Follow the Daz-Deals thread (continued) on the Daz forums for updates.",

and there is no place to request technical support on their Buy Me a Coffee page,

and they have been offering this extension for over six years,

and to justify its continued maintenance they request a donation to utilize the wishlist features,

it seems reasonable to expect Overdrawn and Ati to visit this page atleast daily and reply to enquires.

If they are incapacitated in some manner, they designate someone to do that for them or atleast post a statement as to why they are not repsonding or they are no longer maintaining the extension.

private messaging with a couple of forum members is not very enlighting for the other 166 paying supporters.

Post edited by hjake on
    edited July 2023

I hope Ati and Overdrawn are doing well. Apologies for my prior post. I have edited it because it was rude.

Post edited by Calliope23 on

Don't read too much into personal messages being exchanged. We aren't swapping secrets and hiding critical info. We (or at least I) haven't received any messages that say why Ati and Overdrawn haven't shown up here, or when or if they will show up, or why the features stopped working, or when or if they will be fixed. Charlie got information that Ati and Overdrawn are OK, and he posted that here in this forum. I think that is all any of us know, and it is a relief that they are OK.

edited July 2023

barbult said:

Don't read too much into personal messages being exchanged. We aren't swapping secrets and hiding critical info. We (or at least I) haven't received any messages that say why Ati and Overdrawn haven't shown up here, or when or if they will show up, or why the features stopped working, or when or if they will be fixed. Charlie got information that Ati and Overdrawn are OK, and he posted that here in this forum. I think that is all any of us know, and it is a relief that they are OK.

This ^.  I have already posted what little information I know. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

memcneil70 said:

I had some flickers of issues with the Daz Deals flipping on and off, thought it was because I cleaned my chache twice over the past two months due to a very sluggish Google Chrome, especially on the DAZ website. It has been okay the past few days.

@ArtAngel, I feel for you. In May, right after we adopted two special needs cats within a few weeks my flatmate decided to wash his bedding and found bed bugs. Three weeks of pest control visits, vacumning and laundry like crazy and bites everytime I went into his room to help. Still dealing with those. Even had furniture fall over on me.

Thanks, still fighting the blood suckers. Unfortunately I own 5 dogs and several cats, have for a decade but this is unbelievable. I videoed the whole thing but haven't had a moment to look at it. Treated the yard, the house, the pets, the bedding, daily vaccums (tiled floors). Cackling like a witch while steaming baseboards. We have a three car garage. A decade ago, I built a partition between the single and double and in the single built a front wall with a door so when you open the single, from the driveway, it looks like a wall with a door. In the double i could once park a large truck with a trailer hitch, but I built a wall with a sliding door that made it shorter. Behind that wall is where I relocated the washer and dryer. So our garage has three rooms. a laundry room, a double car garage not long enough for a tundra and a single car garage that looks like a whatever room. In the whatever room that has a freezer that looks like a fridge. I put a noi mess 5000 cubic ft bug bomb. In the double I put a 5000 cubic ft bug bomb. In the laundry area a 2000 ft big bomb. Left it closed for a week. Happily went in and removed the bombs. Came out covered with pepper specks and screamed and danced with a water hose.I spreayed a truckload of bug stop. Certain I had killed them, three days later I ventured in to get a pizza out of the freezer. New day same hose dance. So, I bout a S*T load of Adams spray and sprayed it. Another hose dance. Two days later thought surely to God those suckers are dead. Nope. So I bombed the entire three garage rooms again with 5 flea bombs that covered 2000 cu feet each. I can say for certian, nothing kills cacconed larvae. Bought four utimate flea traps with lights and sticky paper and attached a bike hook to a very long swimming pool pole and stood in the driveway , used it to move them back and forth to stir up the fleas. Dasing in to do laundry, jumping into a pool fully clothed so I can go inside to shower. I am certain the neighbors think I have lost my mind. At this point I am expecting some guy, dreesed in white, carrying a straight jacket, to show up. Cacoons can survive a nuclear war and chemicals that would make you or I cringe. And the larvae hide inside the cacoons, until they become adult fleas, but those sly fkrs after reaching adulthood, CAN WAIT another 100 DAYS until the perfect paw or appetizing ankle lures them out. And get this, within 24 hrs, one of those bloodsuckers can consume more blood than a vampire bat. And each flea can lay 50 eggs per day until a ripe old age of 90 days. Due to all the chemicals almost killing me, but not the caccons, I had to be tested for Covid twice.(I won't disclose here what I did to the interior of the house despiter having no carpets!). So instead of publishing two overdue books, I am getting a Nonsense-Doctorate in the Science of Fleas, wondering when the Pink Panther eye twitching will start.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

In one way, the loss of the "Filter by Wishlist" feature is saving me money.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690

Does anyone know how to get the Pro features back? Using me email and passcode aren't working.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209
    edited July 2023

Granville said:

Does anyone know how to get the Pro features back? Using me email and passcode aren't working.

Nope. I haven't had any features since the 30th.  

edit: uninstalling and reinstalling at least got me back basic features. Still no pro features, though. 

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the BuyMeACoffee connection issue. I'm waiting for a new key from them so we can see all the subscription data in real-time again. I've pinged Overdrawn to see if there's an update. Once I get this key, the issue should be corrected fairly quickly.

• jmattatalljmattatall Posts: 23

Ati said:

Hi everyone,

We are aware of the BuyMeACoffee connection issue. I'm waiting for a new key from them so we can see all the subscription data in real-time again. I've pinged Overdrawn to see if there's an update. Once I get this key, the issue should be corrected fairly quickly.

That's great, I'm glad it's getting sorted but why so long for an update?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

All subscription data is now in sync again with the buymeacoffee site.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

Ati said:

All subscription data is now in sync again with the buymeacoffee site.

Thank you 

Thank you, Ati and Overdrawn. I'm getting notification e-mails again, and the wishlist filter is loading quickly.

• damzaldamzal Posts: 0

I never see the "filter by wishlist" anymore. Did anyone have issues in the past and know what to do about it? I've emailed them, but I'm not sure it's even the correct email. I have not gotten a response yet.

• aweswanaweswan Posts: 68

How do I filter by products I own ?

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

Answering damzal and aweswan above:

Filter by wishlist and filter by owned are both Pro features. Have you got a subscription?

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495

ArtAngel said:

memcneil70 said:

I had some flickers of issues with the Daz Deals flipping on and off, thought it was because I cleaned my chache twice over the past two months due to a very sluggish Google Chrome, especially on the DAZ website. It has been okay the past few days.

@ArtAngel, I feel for you. In May, right after we adopted two special needs cats within a few weeks my flatmate decided to wash his bedding and found bed bugs. Three weeks of pest control visits, vacumning and laundry like crazy and bites everytime I went into his room to help. Still dealing with those. Even had furniture fall over on me.

Thanks, still fighting the blood suckers. Unfortunately I own 5 dogs and several cats, have for a decade but this is unbelievable. I videoed the whole thing but haven't had a moment to look at it. Treated the yard, the house, the pets, the bedding, daily vaccums (tiled floors). Cackling like a witch while steaming baseboards. We have a three car garage. A decade ago, I built a partition between the single and double and in the single built a front wall with a door so when you open the single, from the driveway, it looks like a wall with a door. In the double i could once park a large truck with a trailer hitch, but I built a wall with a sliding door that made it shorter. Behind that wall is where I relocated the washer and dryer. So our garage has three rooms. a laundry room, a double car garage not long enough for a tundra and a single car garage that looks like a whatever room. In the whatever room that has a freezer that looks like a fridge. I put a noi mess 5000 cubic ft bug bomb. In the double I put a 5000 cubic ft bug bomb. In the laundry area a 2000 ft big bomb. Left it closed for a week. Happily went in and removed the bombs. Came out covered with pepper specks and screamed and danced with a water hose.I spreayed a truckload of bug stop. Certain I had killed them, three days later I ventured in to get a pizza out of the freezer. New day same hose dance. So, I bout a S*T load of Adams spray and sprayed it. Another hose dance. Two days later thought surely to God those suckers are dead. Nope. So I bombed the entire three garage rooms again with 5 flea bombs that covered 2000 cu feet each. I can say for certian, nothing kills cacconed larvae. Bought four utimate flea traps with lights and sticky paper and attached a bike hook to a very long swimming pool pole and stood in the driveway , used it to move them back and forth to stir up the fleas. Dasing in to do laundry, jumping into a pool fully clothed so I can go inside to shower. I am certain the neighbors think I have lost my mind. At this point I am expecting some guy, dreesed in white, carrying a straight jacket, to show up. Cacoons can survive a nuclear war and chemicals that would make you or I cringe. And the larvae hide inside the cacoons, until they become adult fleas, but those sly fkrs after reaching adulthood, CAN WAIT another 100 DAYS until the perfect paw or appetizing ankle lures them out. And get this, within 24 hrs, one of those bloodsuckers can consume more blood than a vampire bat. And each flea can lay 50 eggs per day until a ripe old age of 90 days. Due to all the chemicals almost killing me, but not the caccons, I had to be tested for Covid twice.(I won't disclose here what I did to the interior of the house despiter having no carpets!). So instead of publishing two overdue books, I am getting a Nonsense-Doctorate in the Science of Fleas, wondering when the Pink Panther eye twitching will start.

You can try supplementing your other treatments with diatomaceous earth. It is very drying though, and the abrasiveness can damage/dull smooth surfaces. I use it in my planters to prevent my food crops from getting chewed up and in my catio as a flea preventative.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

sazzyazzca said:

ArtAngel said:

memcneil70 said:

You can try supplementing your other treatments with diatomaceous earth. It is very drying though, and the abrasiveness can damage/dull smooth surfaces. I use it in my planters to prevent my food crops from getting chewed up and in my catio as a flea preventative.

Thanks. Picked it up. Food grade. Re: Daz Dealz. You are appreciated

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866

DazDealsPro subscriber here: A couple of days ago, my Show Wishlist Only and Show Items I Own options disappeared, as well as percentage off and other filters. What's the DazDeal?

My annual subscription from Buy Me A Coffee renewed automatically on July 23, and everything still works as before. All Pro features seem to be active. My Daz Deals plugin page shows that I am subscribed until 7/23/2024 now. yes

barbult said:

My annual subscription from Buy Me A Coffee renewed automatically on July 23, and everything still works as before. All Pro features seem to be active. My Daz Deals plugin page shows that I am subscribed until 7/23/2024 now. yes

You are lucky. My annual subscription renewed today and now DAZ Deals no longer recognizes me as a Pro member and I no longer have the Pro features. 

edited July 2023

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

You are lucky. My annual subscription renewed today and now DAZ Deals no longer recognizes me as a Pro member and I no longer have the Pro features. 

Oh no! What could be different between our situations? Let me go check the store and see if Pro is still working for me today. I haven't been shopping.

Edit: Yes, Pro features are still working for me. It recognizes that I am subscribed until July 2024. I wonder if it just takes a little time to register after the renewal.

Post edited by barbult on

Charlie Judge said:

barbult said:

Update:  I was able to get DAZ Deals Pro working again by removing DAZ Deals and then reinstalling it. So now all seems to be working again.