Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited December 2023

Is it possible to add a filter or tag for Daz+ Exclusive items in the wishlist please ?

For example DD PBR Metal Grille Shaders for Iray Vol 1 

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Noah LGP said:

Is it possible to add a filter or tag for Daz+ Exclusive items in the wishlist please ?

In what way is this a Daz+ exclusive? I don't see any reference to it, and it has a regular pricing mode as well.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    Ati said:

Noah LGP said:

In what way is this a Daz+ exclusive? I don't see any reference to it, and it has a regular pricing mode as well.

I was told in another thread that the exclusive message does not show up for Daz+ members. Log out and you will see it.

barbult said:

Ati said:

Noah LGP said:

I was told in another thread that the exclusive message does not show up for Daz+ members. Log out and you will see it.

I opened the above link in an incognito window where I'm not logged in. I'm not seeing any difference. When I click "Add to Cart", it sort of gets stuck—it's been adding the item to the cart for a few minutes now with the status line starting over and over again. It just looks like the site is not working properly.

I managed to add another item to the cart, just not this one. The only difference I see is that putting this item in the cart seems to take forever, and is probably not going to happen at all.

How is someone supposed to know that this means the item is a Daz+ exclusive? :-o  (It's still adding it to the cart...)

• BrashFinkBrashFink Posts: 93

I would like to see a feature that does something drastic when you land one of these "Editorial Liecense" products. Like turn the ENTIRE BACKGROUND YELLOW or something.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,870

Ati said:

barbult said:

Ati said:

Noah LGP said:

I opened the above link in an incognito window where I'm not logged in. I'm not seeing any difference. When I click "Add to Cart", it sort of gets stuck—it's been adding the item to the cart for a few minutes now with the status line starting over and over again. It just looks like the site is not working properly.

I managed to add another item to the cart, just not this one. The only difference I see is that putting this item in the cart seems to take forever, and is probably not going to happen at all.

How is someone supposed to know that this means the item is a Daz+ exclusive? :-o  (It's still adding it to the cart...)

The Metal Grille Shaders are not currently a Daz+ exclusive. The shaders are Daz Originals that were offered during one of the vaguely recent sales events. As such, Daz+ members get 30% off pricing.

Daz+ exclusives tend to be larger sets, they all carry the + symbol next to the product name on their page (or underneath the image on a list) and even with member pricing, they are noticeably more expensive. For example:

https://www.daz3d.com/tropical-beach
    https://www.daz3d.com/old-library
    https://www.daz3d.com/restaurant-crime-scene
    https://www.daz3d.com/saigon-office

There are also some products that were briefly offered to Daz+ members with special pricing during the anniversary sales, but which then moved into being ordinary Daz Originals, like the Double Triangle diner and Basketbal Gym. I *think* the Metal Grille Shaders may have been one such item, as they came out during the summer half-anniversary sale.

(Side note: the Metal Grille Shaders themselves have a number of issues that, as far as I'm aware, were never corrected.)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

vwrangler said:

There are also some products that were briefly offered to Daz+ members with special pricing during the anniversary sales, but which then moved into being ordinary Daz Originals, like the Double Triangle diner and Basketbal Gym. I *think* the Metal Grille Shaders may have been one such item, as they came out during the summer half-anniversary sale.

(Side note: the Metal Grille Shaders themselves have a number of issues that, as far as I'm aware, were never corrected.)

The Metal Grille shaders (vol1) was one of the free Easter Eggs, originally the product included files from Vol 2, but has been fixed on Dec. 5th.

• I'm having a lot of problems with the extension lately. When I go to options, there's a giant "UNLOCK PRO FEATURES" at the top which takes me to the Buy Me A Coffee site which shows that I recently renewed again and my current level is pro. I haven't changed anything on my end (that I'm aware of) but other than getting the emails in the morning, nothing else seems to be working (like the "only show wishlist" etc... on the site)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,638
    edited January 16

mike.smith2005 said:

I'm having a lot of problems with the extension lately. When I go to options, there's a giant "UNLOCK PRO FEATURES" at the top which takes me to the Buy Me A Coffee site which shows that I recently renewed again and my current level is pro. I haven't changed anything on my end (that I'm aware of) but other than getting the emails in the morning, nothing else seems to be working (like the "only show wishlist" etc... on the site)

Try going to the email notifications section in DAZ Deals and enter the email you signed up with and your passcode. When you renew (even if it was automatic) you  frequently have to re-enter your email and passcode

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • BrashFinkBrashFink Posts: 93

BrashFink said:

I would like to see a feature that does something drastic when you land one of these "Editorial Liecense" products. Like turn the ENTIRE BACKGROUND YELLOW or something.

Or even just hide them completely.

• Charlie Judge said:

mike.smith2005 said:

I'm having a lot of problems with the extension lately. When I go to options, there's a giant "UNLOCK PRO FEATURES" at the top which takes me to the Buy Me A Coffee site which shows that I recently renewed again and my current level is pro. I haven't changed anything on my end (that I'm aware of) but other than getting the emails in the morning, nothing else seems to be working (like the "only show wishlist" etc... on the site)

Try going to the email notifications section in DAZ Deals and enter the email you signed up with and your passcode. When you renew (even if it was automatic) you  frequently have to re-enter your email and passcode

If I open that page of the exstension and click save, nothing happens. I have to copy and paste the code back into the field so it thinks I've retyped it in, then hit save, and it works... until I close the tab. And then it stops working again until I paste it back in. 

mike.smith2005 said:

Are you still having this issue? 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

What's the time frame for recent best price of an item in the cart?

Fixmypcmike said:

What's the time frame for recent best price of an item in the cart?

One year. 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,116

If possible, I'd like a change to the "Show Hidden Items" functionality - just show the SKU as a link, without retrieving an image ir store page, and allowing selection by a range of skus.

I have so many items hidden that attempting to show them locks up firefox and pretty well eats the laptop as well.

And I'm still hiding things - I'll probably have two-thirds of the store hidden when I'm done.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Ok silly question time! with all the sales and stuff going on and a ton of stuff NOT being actually on sale prior to whatever discounts the sale is for is there any way to get an option to show products that are on sale only that already have a discount?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

Elliandra said:

Ok silly question time! with all the sales and stuff going on and a ton of stuff NOT being actually on sale prior to whatever discounts the sale is for is there any way to get an option to show products that are on sale only that already have a discount?

You can sort on percentage off.

Then you will need to go a number of pages in, as the first number of pages will be Daz+.

felis said:

Elliandra said:

You can sort on percentage off.

Then you will need to go a number of pages in, as the first number of pages will be Daz+.

DAZ Deals also provides an option to hide DAZ+ items. 

• Regarding the emails that it sends out.  They're full of things I already bought!  How do I limit it to things I haven't?

thistledownsname said:

Regarding the emails that it sends out.  They're full of things I already bought!  How do I limit it to things I haven't?

Go to your Daz wishlist page, and click the "Sync wishlist" button. Do this after every purchase, after every time you add something to your wishlist, and after every time you remove something from your wishlist. OR: enable automatic sync in the addon's options page, and then it will sync automatically after all these events without you having to do anything else.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Ati said:

OR: enable automatic sync in the addon's options page, and then it will sync automatically after all these events without you having to do anything else.

Where is the automatic sync? 

• Thanks!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Ati said:

OR: enable automatic sync in the addon's options page, and then it will sync automatically after all these events without you having to do anything else.

I can't find it either.

Fixmypcmike said:

Ati said:

Click the addon icon in the browser, then the "Email notifications" tab, and you'll see "Allow automatic update" on the left.

• PaperMoonPaperMoon Posts: 45

I emailed:  info at bigbluehatcom today, but very recently discovered this forum to address some issues I'm having.
    I have used the Daz Deals Pro extension since March 2022.  It was updated on March 7, 2024 and my membership has been extended to March 2025. 

However, it no longer works in Daz3d, plus I have not received any email at all from Daz Deals Pro.

About a month ago, I had to change my Daz3d email.   That worked out fine for me, but my Daz Deals Pro never made the change from the old email address to the new email address.  This has been an ongoing headache because my old email address will soon be discontinued through my ISP. 

I filed a ticket with Daz ZenDesk, but no response yet, in nearly two weeks.

It all worked perfectly before I changed my email address.   

PaperMoon said:

I emailed:  info at bigbluehatcom today, but very recently discovered this forum to address some issues I'm having.
    I have used the Daz Deals Pro extension since March 2022.  It was updated on March 7, 2024 and my membership has been extended to March 2025. 

However, it no longer works in Daz3d, plus I have not received any email at all from Daz Deals Pro.

About a month ago, I had to change my Daz3d email.   That worked out fine for me, but my Daz Deals Pro never made the change from the old email address to the new email address.  This has been an ongoing headache because my old email address will soon be discontinued through my ISP. 

I filed a ticket with Daz ZenDesk, but no response yet, in nearly two weeks.

It all worked perfectly before I changed my email address.   

In a private message (or email) please send me your old address and your new address. I'll check what's going on and where the process could be stuck. A change of email address is complex: you need to register your new address in the addon, and you need to transfer your addon subscription to the new address.

• PaperMoonPaperMoon Posts: 45

@ATI,

It's working now.  Thank you! 

Anyone else have the lowest prices dissappear from their carts today? They were there yesterday but today they are not showing up...

Elliandra said:

Anyone else have the lowest prices dissappear from their carts today? They were there yesterday but today they are not showing up...

They are showing up for me 

Thanks for checking Charlie! Are you on Chrome forgot to mention browser *headdesk*