Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209
    edited June 2023

My Pro Features are shut off for some reason. My monthly subscription updated today. I tried updating on the email notifications page, but it just says it's saving and never changes. 

edit: This was in Chrome, but I tried installing in Firefox, and the same thing happened.

Post edited by butterflyfish on
  • hjakehjake Posts: 837
    edited July 2023

butterflyfish said:

My Pro Features are shut off for some reason. My monthly subscription updated today. I tried updating on the email notifications page, but it just says it's saving and never changes. 

edit: This was in Chrome, but I tried installing in Firefox, and the same thing happened.

same problem. I was involuntarily logged out of Daz Deals Pro in Firefox. I am getting pretty annoyed with this. This isn't the first time the extension has said my email or passcode was not valid.

What is the issue?  Why are there problems syncing with the Wishlist? Is there a way to turn off notification of sales on wishlist items? Would that fix this recurring problem? The only features I use with this "pro" version is the filtering of wishlisted items and filtering by % off. The email notification are not of interest for me since I check in regularly.

2023-06-30_215704.jpg
    2090 x 1339 - 164K
    Post edited by hjake on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

PerttiA said:

ArtAngel said:

Forever, I have been threatening to clean my desk and pull out the Wacom, but when my desk is clean I can't find anything I need . . . so apologies for the mouse scribbles in the screenshot. Does anyone know why there are two numbers (a varience) in all shop items?  EG: In the screenshot of owned items, why the variance? Could it be 1,109 (14,703 minus 13594) are items I own but have been discontinued?

Edit: Guess uploads are not working for png or jpg in chrome

Edit2: Or Opera . . . but if you look at your owned items, or unowned, or all, you will see two different numbers populate.

Edit3. Image Upload is working now but not Daz-Deals. sad

Do you have "Show Mature Content" checked? 

Yes. And thank you for trying to help me figure this out. My apologies for such a tardy response but my pets (post surgery) came home with unexpected pepper sized guests.  Vaccuuming and hot hot laundry cycles have dominated  recent days.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

I have an annual membership that expires on the 27th of this month. Does it renew automatically or if not how do I renew it? I currently only see an option for monthly subscriptions.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 614

May 13th was the last post on here by one of the creators. I hope Overdrawn and Ati are doing alright.

Quasar said:

May 13th was the last post on here by one of the creators. I hope Overdrawn and Ati are doing alright.

Yes, I hope so too. May 5 was the last time ATI was active on the DAZ site and June 6 was the last time Overdrawn was active. 

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

Mine renewed today and now I've lost all my features.

Charlie Judge said:

I have an annual membership that expires on the 27th of this month. Does it renew automatically or if not how do I renew it? I currently only see an option for monthly subscriptions.

Login to  https://www.buymeacoffee.com
    MyAccount > Payments

• somefunoksomefunok Posts: 62

ecks201 said:

Same thing happened to me when I renewed a couple of days ago. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

I had some flickers of issues with the Daz Deals flipping on and off, thought it was because I cleaned my chache twice over the past two months due to a very sluggish Google Chrome, especially on the DAZ website. It has been okay the past few days.

@ArtAngel, I feel for you. In May, right after we adopted two special needs cats within a few weeks my flatmate decided to wash his bedding and found bed bugs. Three weeks of pest control visits, vacumning and laundry like crazy and bites everytime I went into his room to help. Still dealing with those. Even had furniture fall over on me.

ecks201 said:

Did you try updating your email notifications section to renter your email address (which must match the email address you signed up with) and your passcode? 

Charlie Judge said:

ecks201 said:

Did you try updating your email notifications section to renter your email address (which must match the email address you signed up with) and your passcode? 

I did. Nothing happens. 

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

Charlie Judge said:

ecks201 said:

I did that and still I get the error I posted in my previous post when trying to save, however the % off and filter by wishlist are again working.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

I'm surprised the creators of this haven't checked in here yet, with all the comments.

DanaTA said:

I'm surprised the creators of this haven't checked in here yet, with all the comments.

Yes. Actually I'm a bit worried about them. ATI hasn't been active on the DAZ site since May 5 and Overdrawn hasn't been active since 6 June, I hope they are OK. 

All my email notifications have stopped as well. This is obviously something at the backend not recognising that my subscription has renewed.

ecks201 said:

All my email notifications have stopped as well. This is obviously something at the backend not recognising that my subscription has renewed.

As I asked before:

Charlie Judge said:

ecks201 said:

As I asked before:

Yes. No effect.
    Same as butterflyfish.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

daisuki.nekomusume said:

mwokee said:

<<<

Sadly, yes. There are a few more details in the Options section of the extension, but basically we used to fund the server fees and email notifications system off affiliate income, but Daz pulled the rug out from under us...so to keep the extension running we have to change a fee...

>>>

I am curious how Daz is set up in the first place. When I'm not doing art I'm a programmer but I've never worked web interfaces. It's just a few lines of code read a check box and then sort data results so I've never understood why we need a plug in to begin with.

Basically they look at the referrer url in the HTTP[S] header, and if it matches a known affiliate, they give them X cents.
    With enough hits from that referrer, things can add up. Especially with a plug-in like Daz Deals. (It becomes difficult when opinions start to deviate about what is a referral and what is not, though. But that's not a discussion for this thread!)

You don't need a referrer or add on. It's just a few extra lines of code in the Daz web site to make it much more user friendly. One reason why I stopped purchasing Daz products is because I can't find what I'm looking for, partly because I can't do sorts. I'm not paying for an add on. No way.

Slight improment, at least I've got all of my basic features back. Still without Pro features though.
    Had to remove the extension and clear the entire browser cache. Then reinstall the extension.

The fact that the emails have stopped points to the Pro problem being a server side rather than client side.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,690

Huh, such a bummer. Was coming here to ask if one can do one-off memberships via Paypal, as I'm only needing the 'owned' filter for a few days to finish my DAZ catalogue. Does anybody have a clue whether we can maybe get the DAZ homepage to sort by 'items owned' without an add-on?

I'm finding the lack of communication here concerning.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032
    edited July 2023

Novica posted the other day in her thread that she has not been getting notifications of posts to her thread from the forums. (In addition to not being online recently.) So maybe the forums while not letting us post images, is also not notifying folks that people are posting comments and questions in their threads?

I don't know if a DM would work or not? Or if a query to Daz Customer Support on their status would work?

Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on

Good to know. Thanks. I've sent them a DM.

@butterflyfish I sent you a PM

Charlie Judge said:

@butterflyfish I sent you a PM

yes 

• CO3DRCO3DR Posts: 158

I've been a subscriber to DAZ Deals for at least a year. I appreciate this, and it works great in my browser!

I purchased Fate on July 5 for $2.59.

When I look at Price History for Fate, the Recent Best is $10.8 and nowhere on July 4-7 does the graph show it any lower. I expected my purchase would become the Recent Best because I've got the plug-in installed. So, it makes me question the basis of Recent Best for *OTHER* items. I have a LOT of other examples where my purchase was lower than any Recent Best and the rest of the DAZ Deals subscriber community is not being informed.

Is there a FAQ somewhere to explain? Are crazy coupon prices sometimes not reported?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited July 2023

CO3DR said:

I've been a subscriber to DAZ Deals for at least a year. I appreciate this, and it works great in my browser!

I purchased Fate on July 5 for $2.59.

When I look at Price History for Fate, the Recent Best is $10.8 and nowhere on July 4-7 does the graph show it any lower. I expected my purchase would become the Recent Best because I've got the plug-in installed. So, it makes me question the basis of Recent Best for *OTHER* items. I have a LOT of other examples where my purchase was lower than any Recent Best and the rest of the DAZ Deals subscriber community is not being informed.

Is there a FAQ somewhere to explain? Are crazy coupon prices sometimes not reported?

The list doesn't show stacking discounts (banners, coupons, discounts based on other items in the cart), only the prices that are listed on the store. 

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

For a few days, I would get sporadic forum notifications, usually during the Daz night time. Now for many days I don't get any at all. You would think that Ati and Overdrawn would check in from time to time, even if there were no email notifications. Not only have they not visited this thread, they haven't even been "Active" on the Daz site for many weeks. Something isn't right. We all hope they are OK, but it is getting really concerning.

barbult said:

For a few days, I would get sporadic forum notifications, usually during the Daz night time. Now for many days I don't get any at all. You would think that Ati and Overdrawn would check in from time to time, even if there were no email notifications. Not only have they not visited this thread, they haven't even been "Active" on the Daz site for many weeks. Something isn't right. We all hope they are OK, but it is getting really concerning.

They are OK. I sent you a PM