Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

So the filter for wishlised items has dissapered again, tried reinstalling, using different browsers, but it still isn't working. Anyone know how to fix?

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

no nose did you make sure you logged back in on the Email Notifications with the passcode you received?  Also you can check your status now in the upper right on the Daz3D page the little person icon where you log in click that and it show Daz Dealz Pro if your subscribed!

Great Job Ati and Overdrawn!!

• no noseno nose Posts: 306

alright there we go, not sure when this change was made but hopefully it won't break again

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    Daventaki said:

no nose did you make sure you logged back in on the Email Notifications with the passcode you received?  Also you can check your status now in the upper right on the Daz3D page the little person icon where you log in click that and it show Daz Dealz Pro if your subscribed!

Great Job Ati and Overdrawn!!

Thanks for the thanks and the community support!
  • Thank you! Don't know why I hadn't noticed that before! 

paolo_35229750 said:

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Thank you for the hard work, Overdrive!

You are welcome

It's on each product page, can't post a direct link as it has identifiers to your own notification list.

Have fun

• doorknob22doorknob22 Posts: 53

...aaaaaand it's broken again. Very frustrating.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

In what way? I was able to use it fully while I was shopping this morning around 3:45am MDT (Denver) and then printing off all the promo pages later on. Even now the pages look correct. And I was one of the ones who had issues just a little bit ago.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Show Only Wishlist has not been working for a while.

...aaaaaand it's broken again. Very frustrating.

If you can provide more details, I can work to debug it. Sadly can't help at all without some details, though.
    mwokee said:

Show Only Wishlist has not been working for a while.

Do you have Email Notifications setup in the add-on options of the browser you're using the extension on? Does that email address match the one you signed up for a Pro account with?

<<<

Do you have Email Notifications setup in the add-on options of the browser you're using the extension on? Does that email address match the one you signed up for a Pro account with?

>>>

Pro Account? I haven't read every single post in this thread, I saw something about a $5/month charge for a pro account? Do I need a pro account to have the Wishlist option again? Ain't no way I'm paying $5/month if that's true.

mwokee said:

<<<

>>>

Pro Account? I haven't read every single post in this thread, I saw something about a $5/month charge for a pro account? Do I need a pro account to have the Wishlist option again? Ain't no way I'm paying $5/month if that's true.

Sadly, yes. There are a few more details in the Options section of the extension, but basically we used to fund the server fees and email notifications system off affiliate income, but Daz pulled the rug out from under us...so to keep the extension running we have to change a fee...

<<<

Sadly, yes. There are a few more details in the Options section of the extension, but basically we used to fund the server fees and email notifications system off affiliate income, but Daz pulled the rug out from under us...so to keep the extension running we have to change a fee...

>>>

I am curious how Daz is set up in the first place. When I'm not doing art I'm a programmer but I've never worked web interfaces. It's just a few lines of code read a check box and then sort data results so I've never understood why we need a plug in to begin with.

• mwokee said:

<<<

>>>

I am curious how Daz is set up in the first place. When I'm not doing art I'm a programmer but I've never worked web interfaces. It's just a few lines of code read a check box and then sort data results so I've never understood why we need a plug in to begin with.

Basically they look at the referrer url in the HTTP[S] header, and if it matches a known affiliate, they give them X cents.
    With enough hits from that referrer, things can add up. Especially with a plug-in like Daz Deals. (It becomes difficult when opinions start to deviate about what is a referral and what is not, though. But that's not a discussion for this thread!)

• Weird Q, but would it be possible to show the best price in the last year right in the shop page? (I'm fine with it being a button you have to press to start the lookup, or something similar)
    When they have "3.99 grab bag deals", I now have to open each item before I can see whether the 3.99 is even remotely a good deal on that asset. Having that right there in the shop page would be awesome...

(I understand that might be quite a hit on the database, but it would still be awesome!)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Weird Q, but would it be possible to show the best price in the last year right in the shop page? (I'm fine with it being a button you have to press to start the lookup, or something similar)
    When they have "3.99 grab bag deals", I now have to open each item before I can see whether the 3.99 is even remotely a good deal on that asset. Having that right there in the shop page would be awesome...

(I understand that might be quite a hit on the database, but it would still be awesome!)

I'm not a subscriber, but in Chrome I see the recent best price in the cart .

Suits me fine as I throw items into the cart as I spot them, and later I start trimming down the contents of the cart down to what I'm willing to spend. Seeing the recent best price right there, helps spotting the ones that have been lower before.

best.PNG
    572 x 165 - 18K
  • The only problem with just seeing it in the cart, is where there has been a glitch from an unintended sale, and so it doesn't really give you a good aproximation until the glitch ages off ...and even then I'm not sure if it will still keep "reading" as recent best. Such as May 30th I think, and then there was one other. Ati has caught the big one earlier this year and removed it, but you have to look at the whole timeline and see what day that big drop was, and if you have a number of those on different products and then the regular prices are much higher than that in general, you can find the glitches and ignore them for setting your notice price. You can't tell that from the cart. Just another viewpoint. 

PerttiA said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Weird Q, but would it be possible to show the best price in the last year right in the shop page? (I'm fine with it being a button you have to press to start the lookup, or something similar)

I'm not a subscriber, but in Chrome I see the recent best price in the cart .

Suits me fine as I throw items into the cart as I spot them, and later I start trimming down the contents of the cart down to what I'm willing to spend. Seeing the recent best price right there, helps spotting the ones that have been lower before.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 690

I subscribed, but had to reset my machine. Now I'm showing has subscribed on buymeacoffee, but the extension is not in pro mode. How can I do that?

Granville said:

I subscribed, but had to reset my machine. Now I'm showing has subscribed on buymeacoffee, but the extension is not in pro mode. How can I do that?

Thanks for subscribing! Setup Email Notifications in the Options area of the extension and that will make the connection between your accounts.
  • I  have oddness, in that my manage area which should have hidden things, has nothing in that area any more. Is that something that got done away with? 
    (Daz_Deals>Manage Items)
    I'm Pro.
    I know there used to be stuff there....

• Hey, I'm new here and just signed up for a membership. I love this plug-in and very surprised I had not heard of it before. Really helps when shopping. I do have a question though. When I hide products from a listing, it does not seem to work. I am still seeing all those products when I bring up a sale listing. I thought going pro was required maybe, so I did, but I cannot find where I tell the plugin that I have gone pro now. It still has all the things saying "unlock pro features". What am I just not seeing? Also, once it does take affect, will those items hide now like they should? That is the key thing I wanted this for. I'm so tired of having to see a bundle for something where I already own everything in it. Thanks

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639
    edited May 2023

Mistress Elemental said:

Hey, I'm new here and just signed up for a membership. I love this plug-in and very surprised I had not heard of it before. Really helps when shopping. I do have a question though. When I hide products from a listing, it does not seem to work. I am still seeing all those products when I bring up a sale listing. I thought going pro was required maybe, so I did, but I cannot find where I tell the plugin that I have gone pro now. It still has all the things saying "unlock pro features". What am I just not seeing? Also, once it does take affect, will those items hide now like they should? That is the key thing I wanted this for. I'm so tired of having to see a bundle for something where I already own everything in it. Thanks

Try setting up  Email Notifications in the Options area of the extension so that the plugin will recognize you as a Pro subscriber.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,866
    edited May 2023

Pro user on Chrome: I cannot seem to get the comments/labels Wishlist notes/categorizer to work. I've tried using an asterisk, a plus sign, & a hashmark to no avail. What gives?

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,117

Just a questioon - is hiding products in the store supposed to be working, or is it failing for everyone?

Pro subscriber through the end of August; hiding hasn't worked for me for a long time.

• doorknob22doorknob22 Posts: 53

Broken again?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

I am on Google Chrome, iMac, with Pro subscriptioon, and checked a promo page I knew was referred to in the forums and the link showed. I had looked at products this morning and no issues noted.

Mary

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited June 2023

Forever, I have been threatening to clean my desk and pull out the Wacom, but when my desk is clean I can't find anything I need . . . so apologies for the mouse scribbles in the screenshot. Does anyone know why there are two numbers (a varience) in all shop items?  EG: In the screenshot of owned items, why the variance? Could it be 1,109 (14,703 minus 13594) are items I own but have been discontinued?

Edit: Guess uploads are not working for png or jpg in chrome

Edit2: Or Opera . . . but if you look at your owned items, or unowned, or all, you will see two different numbers populate.

Edit3. Image Upload is working now but not Daz-Deals. sad

! All-Items.JPG
    1299 x 197 - 29K
    ! Owned-Hidden.PNG
    1628 x 374 - 60K
    ! Owned-Items.PNG
    1698 x 434 - 89K
    Daz Deals Won't work.JPG
    1906 x 914 - 278K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Where has it gone?

Was working fine this morning and now, nothing; no additional filters on shop pages, nor recent price or history on item pages an no notification setting or links ...

I have a Pro Subscription

The add-on version is 4.0.5, Last autoupdate: Mon Jun 19 2023 13:11:13 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Using Firefox 114.0.1 (64bit)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

ArtAngel said:

Forever, I have been threatening to clean my desk and pull out the Wacom, but when my desk is clean I can't find anything I need . . . so apologies for the mouse scribbles in the screenshot. Does anyone know why there are two numbers (a varience) in all shop items?  EG: In the screenshot of owned items, why the variance? Could it be 1,109 (14,703 minus 13594) are items I own but have been discontinued?

Edit: Guess uploads are not working for png or jpg in chrome

Edit2: Or Opera . . . but if you look at your owned items, or unowned, or all, you will see two different numbers populate.

Edit3. Image Upload is working now but not Daz-Deals. sad

Do you have "Show Mature Content" checked? 

• paolo_35229750 said:

Where has it gone?

Was working fine this morning and now, nothing; no additional filters on shop pages, nor recent price or history on item pages an no notification setting or links ...

I have a Pro Subscription

The add-on version is 4.0.5, Last autoupdate: Mon Jun 19 2023 13:11:13 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time)

Using Firefox 114.0.1 (64bit)

Just found out that an empty wishlist makes the Pro features disappear.

Overdrawn. ATI, I have sent a DM to you with details