Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• SnowSnow Posts: 95

Torquinox said:

Snow has a valid point: The store is made for big spenders, and the plugin is weighted toward big spenders, too.

These gods, sorry mods keep removing my posts. I get the message though.

Take care and best of luck!

• bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47

Can anyone confirm that the Show Only Owned and Show Only Wishlist buttons will return if I pay for Daz-Deals, or are they still meant to be on the free tier? Or is it too broken now that even if I sign up, they still won't display?

This is affecting my ability to make purchases from the store, including during the last big sale

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039

LOL it has saved me lots

without it I miss a lot of bargains I would have pilfered my money on otherwise

only DAZ are losing here IMO by not making it an affiliate

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

bishbosch said:

Can anyone confirm that the Show Only Owned and Show Only Wishlist buttons will return if I pay for Daz-Deals, or are they still meant to be on the free tier? Or is it too broken now that even if I sign up, they still won't display?

This is affecting my ability to make purchases from the store, including during the last big sale

The "Show wishlist only" is now a Pro feature and should not work without subscription on browsers that are using somewhat recent version of the plugin.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 3,161

Snow said:

These gods, sorry mods keep removing my posts. I get the message though.

Take care and best of luck!

That happens a lot.

Thanks! Same for you.

• bishboschbishbosch Posts: 47
    edited April 2023

PerttiA said:

bishbosch said:

The "Show wishlist only" is now a Pro feature and should not work without subscription on browsers that are using somewhat recent version of the plugin.

Okay, thanks, but now I've paid my five dollars to subscribe and the "Unlock Pro Features" button isn't changing to reflect my new subscription status. Any idea how I can get this resolved?

EDIT: Nevermind, toggling it off and on did the trick even after re-installing didn't. All good.

Post edited by bishbosch on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2023

Ok so I have it working on this computer.  I use Chrome on this one, I uninstalled the plugin then restarted the computer.  Reinstalled the plugin and logged back in with the passcode and its working!!

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Neko1967Neko1967 Posts: 45

Is this issue fixed now.  Mine is not however I have an added issue of having two email address and one may be assinged to the correct one again.  I am a chrome user and may just buy it under the other email if that is what I need to do.  I really need the show Wishlist items only back

• Neko1967Neko1967 Posts: 45

Is this working on Chrome for most just not me?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032
    edited April 2023

Well I tried deleting the extension off of Chrome and reinstalling it. Not given a chance to sign back in, it remembered me as a Pro member. But now I can't trigger the options by turning the extension off and on like I could before.

I am using Chrome, Version 112.0.5615.137 (Official Build) (x86_64) on an iMac with macOS Catalina v 10.15.7. My access to my Pro options stopped the day 4.0.4 was released.

After posting this I rebooted and I had turned on show errors and one showed up. I copied and pasted the error log into this text document. I am clueless if it will help, but I thought it can't hurt. (I run Word in Dark mode, so I never can tell if the letters are correct so you may need to highlight them and change the color to see them.) And the browser still does not work.

@Daventaki, the passcode you referred to, was it the one you had from the initial email that was good for only a little time? I could not find a saved password from Buy Me a Coffee in July 2022.

Mary

txt
    txt
    Error Unrecognized Manifest Key applications.txt
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,209

I'm not having any problems on Chrome (Win 11, pro subscriber) at the moment.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

butterflyfish said:

I'm not having any problems on Chrome (Win 11, pro subscriber) at the moment.

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get it to work properly in Chrome. (Win 10, pro subscriber). 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390

Usiing Chrome (Linux Mint ,Pro Suscriber) if I click on the Daz Deals Options in the Chrome top bar then go back to the Daz page it starts working

Robert Freise said:

Usiing Chrome (Linux Mint ,Pro Suscriber) if I click on the Daz Deals Options in the Chrome top bar then go back to the Daz page it starts working

For me it only does that for the page I'm on. If I change the page I have to turn DAZ Deals off and on again 

edited April 2023

Charlie Judge said:

Robert Freise said:

For me it only does that for the page I'm on. If I change the page I have to turn DAZ Deals off and on again 

Hmm mine seems to be incositant one time it works then it only works for a single page and then sometimes it'll work for two or three pages before it stops 

I did some looking just to see since I haven't really been opening many differnt pages due to lack of interest and knowing that the special categories will contain little if anything in them, I own to much of the store 

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580
    Hi all, I'm sorry for the issues and for the radio silence since the 4.0.4 release. I plan to have a new release out early this week that will fix the newest issue.

Sorry again...but just wanted to pop in to say a fix is coming very soon!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Overdrawn said:

Hi all, I'm sorry for the issues and for the radio silence since the 4.0.4 release. I plan to have a new release out early this week that will fix the newest issue.

Sorry again...but just wanted to pop in to say a fix is coming very soon!

Great. Good to hear from you, and I hope you and Ati are doing well.

v4.0.5 has been shipped to stores just now. This should fix the bug which caused subscriber data to always be pulled from the server--which was presenting as serious lag...so unless you were really patient the features felt like they'd never tun on...

Now, after the first subscription check, things should load very quickly (relative to page size, complexity, and Daz store marketing JS, etc...as ever).

Hopefully this gets everyone back on a solid footing going forward!

edited April 2023

Overdrawn said:

v4.0.5 has been shipped to stores just now. This should fix the bug which caused subscriber data to always be pulled from the server--which was presenting as serious lag...so unless you were really patient the features felt like they'd never tun on...

Now, after the first subscription check, things should load very quickly (relative to page size, complexity, and Daz store marketing JS, etc...as ever).

And already updated in my Chrome browser. It seem to working again for me. Thanks Overdrawn.  smiley

ETA: Hasn't updated yet in my  MS Edge and Kiwi browsers; but not a big problem because Chrome is my primary browser.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

Overdrawn said:

And already updated in my Chrome browser. It seem to working again for me. Thanks Overdrawn.  smiley

ETA: Hasn't updated yet in my  MS Edge and Kiwi browsers; but not a big problem because Chrome is my primary browser.

Kiwi has an "Update" button that will get you v4.0.5 (I just did it myself). Edge may take a bit as they do editorial review.

Also working for me

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032
    edited April 2023

Overdrawn said:

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

Kiwi has an "Update" button that will get you v4.0.5 (I just did it myself). Edge may take a bit as they do editorial review.

Chrome updated me to 4.0.5 but I found this in the 'Collect Errors' with this highlighted:

"applications": { "gecko": { "id": "[email protected]" } }

I still can't trigger DAZ Deals and I have a paid Pro account. What should I do?

Mary

Also tried deleting the extension and adding it back on. No good. I don't know what my password is, so not sure what would happen if I log out and not be able to log in. Is there a reset capability? Figured it out. Now where do I sign out and back in?

Okay, not sure just what I triggered, but I finally got it working! Thanks for the update. Mary

Post edited by memcneil70 on

memcneil70 said:

Overdrawn said:

Charlie Judge said:

Overdrawn said:

Chrome updated me to 4.0.5 but I found this in the 'Collect Errors' with this highlighted:

"applications": { "gecko": { "id": "[email protected]" } }

I still can't trigger DAZ Deals and I have a paid Pro account. What should I do?

Mary

Also tried deleting the extension and adding it back on. No good. I don't know what my password is, so not sure what would happen if I log out and not be able to log in. Is there a reset capability? Figured it out. Now where do I sign out and back in?

Okay, not sure just what I triggered, but I finally got it working! Thanks for the update. Mary

Probably it was signing up for email notifications. I hope to put time into making that whole process clearer soon! Glad you got it sorted!

• Thank you for 4.0.5.

During the troubles I was wondering if the load time were because I have a big individual item notification list; so I spent 3 days on removing redundant notifications.

I prefer the notification mechanism because it allows me to set the price I would like to pay, as opposed to the catch all wishlist percentage. However, its drawback is that it cannot handle the complex deals that Daz comes up with, which means that a lot of purchased products remain on the list, some indefinately because a deal meets or beats the notification threshold.

During the maintenance exercise I found:

1. The list uses the product name to identify a product, this means that renamed products are no longer visible to the back end process and no notifications will be issue at the target price
    2. The above also applies to products that are no longer available in Daz's catalogue.
    3. The download of the full list has 2 drawbacks:
      1. It is slow, mostlikely due to the fact that all the images are embedded in the html, therefore the browser spends a lot of time decoding them for display; don't think there much that can be done about this
      2. The list does not show if the product has been purchased and the only way to do this is a slow (did I mention 3 days?) and tedious process of opening each product page, resolving  1 and 2 above, then if it has been purchased deleting the notification entry.

I also had a couple of thoughts on how to make the process easier and help reduce the number of obsolete notification entries in your database:

• In the full list, purchased products could be flagged as purchased; deleted or renamed products could be flagged as "Not Found" and their resolution (renamed or removed from catalogue) would be down to the list owner.
    • On the Daz Product page I think the following would add value:

If no notification is set:

Adding a new notification:

If a notification is set:

This would make an existing notification immediately visible (currently you have to click on the "click to set..." link to see if you have one) and allow the notification list to be maintained (reset or deleted) when the product is being viewed or purchased

notifyClick.png
    748 x 393 - 46K
    notifyAdd.png
    748 x 393 - 45K
    notifySet.png
    748 x 393 - 46K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624
    edited April 2023

memcneil70 said:

Well I tried deleting the extension off of Chrome and reinstalling it. Not given a chance to sign back in, it remembered me as a Pro member. But now I can't trigger the options by turning the extension off and on like I could before.

I am using Chrome, Version 112.0.5615.137 (Official Build) (x86_64) on an iMac with macOS Catalina v 10.15.7. My access to my Pro options stopped the day 4.0.4 was released.

After posting this I rebooted and I had turned on show errors and one showed up. I copied and pasted the error log into this text document. I am clueless if it will help, but I thought it can't hurt. (I run Word in Dark mode, so I never can tell if the letters are correct so you may need to highlight them and change the color to see them.) And the browser still does not work.

@Daventaki, the passcode you referred to, was it the one you had from the initial email that was good for only a little time? I could not find a saved password from Buy Me a Coffee in July 2022.

Mary

@memcneil70 If you go to the Daz-Deals Options and go to the subscription page.  I just requested a new code because I couldn't find the original email.  I am on Firefox sorry if I didn't say that before.

See you got it working, thanks great!!  Sorry it took so long been on vacation.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

paolo_35229750 said:

Thank you for 4.0.5.

During the troubles I was wondering if the load time were because I have a big individual item notification list; so I spent 3 days on removing redundant notifications.

I prefer the notification mechanism because it allows me to set the price I would like to pay, as opposed to the catch all wishlist percentage. However, its drawback is that it cannot handle the complex deals that Daz comes up with, which means that a lot of purchased products remain on the list, some indefinately because a deal meets or beats the notification threshold.

1. The list uses the product name to identify a product, this means that renamed products are no longer visible to the back end process and no notifications will be issue at the target price
    2. The above also applies to products that are no longer available in Daz's catalogue.
      1. It is slow, mostlikely due to the fact that all the images are embedded in the html, therefore the browser spends a lot of time decoding them for display; don't think there much that can be done about this
      2. The list does not show if the product has been purchased and the only way to do this is a slow (did I mention 3 days?) and tedious process of opening each product page, resolving  1 and 2 above, then if it has been purchased deleting the notification entry.

I also had a couple of thoughts on how to make the process easier and help reduce the number of obsolete notification entries in your database:

• In the full list, purchased products could be flagged as purchased; deleted or renamed products could be flagged as "Not Found" and their resolution (renamed or removed from catalogue) would be down to the list owner.

This would make an existing notification immediately visible (currently you have to click on the "click to set..." link to see if you have one) and allow the notification list to be maintained (reset or deleted) when the product is being viewed or purchased

Wow!  I'm surprised the product name is being used, rather than the SKU, which should be the index key!  Stored as an integer, it would save a lot of database space, and avoid errors thrown by a misspelling.  As for the images, a link to the main image would be better, load quicker, and make the emails much smaller...better for everyone!

Just some suggestions.

Dana 

• paolo_35229750paolo_35229750 Posts: 82
    edited April 2023

DanaTA said:

paolo_35229750 said:

Thank you for 4.0.5.

Wow!  I'm surprised the product name is being used, rather than the SKU, which should be the index key!  Stored as an integer, it would save a lot of database space, and avoid errors thrown by a misspelling.  As for the images, a link to the main image would be better, load quicker, and make the emails much smaller...better for everyone!

Just some suggestions.

Dana 

I'm not that surprised, it is a much more complex and slower process to get to the product's page from the SKU rather than appending the sanitised product name on to //www.daz3d.com/ and to be fair it is an easy assumption to make that name product's won't change ... except when correcting smelling mistakes or they add G9 to the existing G8, G8.1 in product names.

It can be done by editing the SKU into the Product Index URL (http://http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/SKU/start) and then retriving the product's url from there ... it's what I had to do in the manual exercise.

Sadly the Product Index does not contain all SKU ... not all bundles are included, some old / discontinued products have been purged, gimmick special promotion products (Daz Easter Eggs) aren't in there and some new products don't have ReadMe (will they ever?)

As for embedding the images there are practical reasons why you might need to do that, for example the target host may interpret multiple simultaneous request for the images as a DDOS; that's why I am not too fussed about the size of the Full List HTML, the flags would be very handy though

Post edited by paolo_35229750 on
  • Where did you find the maintenence page? I would love to clean mine up! I'm an inveterate notification person.

paolo_35229750 said:

Thank you for 4.0.5.

• Thank you for the hard work, Overdrive!

• Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Thank you for the hard work, Overdrive!

You are welcome

It's on each product page, can't post a direct link as it has identifiers to your own notification list.

Have fun

Untitled1.png
    670 x 175 - 74K