Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Please help me w this, for a long time I have to go between chrome and firefox and see where it works, both places: each time I open a window, like cl a sale I have to wait for a looong time to be listed as a subscription member and get the wishlist sort by ect. Now, today neither of those places works. I can't shop here without daz deals so I desperately need it to function somewhere, like seriously desparately. Please let me know if this is looked in to. I'm on windows 11 chrome and firefox, I live in Sweden, I am a subscriber. Thanks in advance for help w this and for all the work you so for all of us to have a working Daz store heart. It worked yesterday, after a loong while after cl each window as usual, but it worked when it turned up. Not now. At all. Never turns up wishlist sort by, never listed as subscriber. Waited a long time.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

tombraider4ever said:

Please help me w this, for a long time I have to go between chrome and firefox and see where it works, both places: each time I open a window, like cl a sale I have to wait for a looong time to be listed as a subscription member and get the wishlist sort by ect. Now, today neither of those places works. I can't shop here without daz deals so I desperately need it to function somewhere, like seriously desparately. Please let me know if this is looked in to. I'm on windows 11 chrome and firefox, I live in Sweden, I am a subscriber. Thanks in advance for help w this and for all the work you so for all of us to have a working Daz store heart. It worked yesterday, after a loong while after cl each window as usual, but it worked when it turned up. Not now. At all. Never turns up wishlist sort by, never listed as subscriber. Waited a long time.

Please check that you have "Email Notifications" setup in the extensions options section. That's how the extension makes the knows who's who. Let me know if you have any trouble setting that up.

• Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Please help me w this, for a long time I have to go between chrome and firefox and see where it works, both places: each time I open a window, like cl a sale I have to wait for a looong time to be listed as a subscription member and get the wishlist sort by ect. Now, today neither of those places works. I can't shop here without daz deals so I desperately need it to function somewhere, like seriously desparately. Please let me know if this is looked in to. I'm on windows 11 chrome and firefox, I live in Sweden, I am a subscriber. Thanks in advance for help w this and for all the work you so for all of us to have a working Daz store heart. It worked yesterday, after a loong while after cl each window as usual, but it worked when it turned up. Not now. At all. Never turns up wishlist sort by, never listed as subscriber. Waited a long time.

Please check that you have "Email Notifications" setup in the extensions options section. That's how the extension makes the knows who's who. Let me know if you have any trouble setting that up.

I got my latest wishlist on sale mail on Sunday, so I must be listed. How do I check? says pass code, do I have a separate passcode for daz deals? no idea what that is. Can you check if you got my email address? or tell me how this works. 

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 692
    edited April 2023

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

sorry, doubble post

Post edited by tombraider4ever on
  • Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

I just tried this, I clicked forgot password, got the password sent to me, wrote it and my email it took some time to save and now EVERYTHING WORKS! laughlaugh I'm so happy for this, for the first time since getting the subscription I see an expiration date and not only that, it turns up at once, the subscribed until and no date only came after a while, the date shows at once laugh. And all the sale pages I open I get the wishlist at once, after a split second, the totall BLISS of having this working this amazingly, Thank you so much for all your hard work with this, I feel like shopping here like crazy but I can't afford that lol. But this makes me SO happy, as Daz is a big part of my life, as I feel I was born to make my TR fanart, do it pretty much 24/7, so having a store that works, works with your exellent daz deals that is, it priceless! heartsmiley So I advice those with issues to try signing up for email notifications again or what it's called, I clicked forgot password, got it, wrote it and that solved it, for now anyway. I'm on chrome, I'll try to do the same w the firefox daz deals, as that doesn't work. Or maybe wait until tomorrow, I'm scared that I'll do something wrong to break this again, so I'll wait w writing the password on daz deals email until tomorrow. 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

I am using chrome on windows 10 and am not a pro member but even the basic Daz deals isn't working for me, I have removed and reinstalled the extension and nothing.works such as Hide what's hot section, add wishlist button, show price history or order total spent and total value owned, are these all pro functions as well?  

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

I just tried this, I clicked forgot password, got the password sent to me, wrote it and my email it took some time to save and now EVERYTHING WORKS! laughlaugh I'm so happy for this, for the first time since getting the subscription I see an expiration date and not only that, it turns up at once, the subscribed until and no date only came after a while, the date shows at once laugh. And all the sale pages I open I get the wishlist at once, after a split second, the totall BLISS of having this working this amazingly, Thank you so much for all your hard work with this, I feel like shopping here like crazy but I can't afford that lol. But this makes me SO happy, as Daz is a big part of my life, as I feel I was born to make my TR fanart, do it pretty much 24/7, so having a store that works, works with your exellent daz deals that is, it priceless! heartsmiley So I advice those with issues to try signing up for email notifications again or what it's called, I clicked forgot password, got it, wrote it and that solved it, for now anyway. I'm on chrome, I'll try to do the same w the firefox daz deals, as that doesn't work. Or maybe wait until tomorrow, I'm scared that I'll do something wrong to break this again, so I'll wait w writing the password on daz deals email until tomorrow. 

So glad that worked! And really sorry it's been so confusing for so long! We'll be updating the options are to make all this much clearer. Enjoy the store enhancements! :)
    Kharma said:

I am using chrome on windows 10 and am not a pro member but even the basic Daz deals isn't working for me, I have removed and reinstalled the extension and nothing.works such as Hide what's hot section, add wishlist button, show price history or order total spent and total value owned, are these all pro functions as well?  

Those should all work without a Pro account. I'll do some testing soon. Have you tried any other browsers?
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,290

HeavyRay said:

I already mentioned this to @Overdrawn, but thought I'd share with others.  One of the best (PRO?) features IMHO is wishlist tagging.  And while as of yesterday I got the addon working in Chrome, for some reason, any comments entered on the WISHLISTpage didn't seem to be save-able. 

They are saveable, but on wishlist, the button to save the comment overlaps with the add to basket button, so it requires more precision. You need to move your cursor all the way up to the edge of the "save" button. It'll change from your regular cursor to the hand cursor (since I can't take a screenshot of a cursos, to see what I mean, move your cursor over any button here and watch it change). Then you can actually save the comment. If your cursor is still shaped like an arrow, your comment won't save.

Overdrawn said:

Kharma said:

Those should all work without a Pro account. I'll do some testing soon. Have you tried any other browsers?

Hi @Overdrawn , I only use chrome for my browser

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123

Quick question. The wishlist used to be quite unstable, with lots of items randomly disappearing, or even the whole wishlist getting cleared out overnight. The Daz store changed quite a lot since then. In recent months/years, has anyone come across this issue? (The point of the question is to determine if the "Restore wishlist" feature is still needed.)

Thanks.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,935
    edited April 2023

I've heard it said that if an item on your get-list gets temporarily pulled from the store to fix something, and you add or remove something from it while that item is away, it disappears from your list.  Is that sort of thing still happening, or did they fix that?

That said...  I have had recent instances where I noticed a thing wasn't wishlisted, when I'm pretty sure I had it wishlisted earlier... but maybe that was something that got de-wishlisted by the above some while earlier and I didn't notice until now.  0o

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

The only thing I've noticed is things in my wishlist suddenly not sticking in my cart.  I've discovered that it was due to the fact that the item was removed from the store.  I think they should notify you of this happening, so it doesn't make you go crazy trying to figure out why things you move to the cart won't stay there.  But I haven't noticed anything else happening with my wishlist...aside from it growing.

Dana

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Presently daz deals no longer works (firefox, tested on linux and win10). I am not pro, and there is still the daz icon in the bar. but features that are supposed to be standard (gallerie/forum links, price graph; hide optional addon, etc) are no longer applied, while they are selected in the config page.

Togire said:

Presently daz deals no longer works (firefox, tested on linux and win10). I am not pro, and there is still the daz icon in the bar. but features that are supposed to be standard (gallerie/forum links, price graph; hide optional addon, etc) are no longer applied, while they are selected in the config page.

Standard features don' work for me either on Chrome, even tho I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the extension several times

• Not working for me either (Firefox)

thistledownsname said:

Not working for me either (Firefox)

I've found the issue, and will work to get an update out this week. Sorry about that!

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 374

The extension is also not working in my main Linux OS, in both Firefox and Chromium (Linux's version of Chrome).

I've only used it for the forum links and gallery images. Great for researching props, how to use them, why I can't, etc! It is a really amazing extension you guys have created here. I suddenly realized today, tho, that even if there were a lower tier price, I couldn't participate because it requires logging in, and I don't allow my main research/play OS to log in anywhere. Not secure enough.

BUT: Being retired, my personal expenses are increasingly scary, (worse since I sacrificed a stupid amount of money for a rendering machine)... But I feel for you and the hard work you're doing to get this amazing extension back to working, so I just now put a donation in at:
    https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals?utm_content=product-page-contribute&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=addons.mozilla.org

And I'll repeat that when I can foresee a clearing in my budget. Just doing what I can here. I really do appreciate your work.
    Cheers!
    Ken M.
    P.S. Oh! Glad to hear you've found the problem!

NotAnArtist said:

The extension is also not working in my main Linux OS, in both Firefox and Chromium (Linux's version of Chrome).

I've only used it for the forum links and gallery images. Great for researching props, how to use them, why I can't, etc! It is a really amazing extension you guys have created here. I suddenly realized today, tho, that even if there were a lower tier price, I couldn't participate because it requires logging in, and I don't allow my main research/play OS to log in anywhere. Not secure enough.

BUT: Being retired, my personal expenses are increasingly scary, (worse since I sacrificed a stupid amount of money for a rendering machine)... But I feel for you and the hard work you're doing to get this amazing extension back to working, so I just now put a donation in at:
    https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals?utm_content=product-page-contribute&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=addons.mozilla.org

And I'll repeat that when I can foresee a clearing in my budget. Just doing what I can here. I really do appreciate your work.
    Cheers!
    Ken M.
    P.S. Oh! Glad to hear you've found the problem!

Thanks for the donation!

Everyone will be happy to know that v4.0.4 has been shipped to the stores and should be available soon. It fixes the status check bug for unsubscribed folks.

Thanks for being here everyone!

Cheers!
    Overdrawn

• Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

Overdrawn said:

tombraider4ever said:

So glad that worked! And really sorry it's been so confusing for so long! We'll be updating the options are to make all this much clearer. Enjoy the store enhancements! :)

Sorry for the late reply to this, am crazy busy w my art and managing my social media page all about it, but I wanted to say that no need to be sorry, I 100% understand that you both do the best you can w this and work very hard w it, so I very appreaciate all your hard work to make the Daz store usable heartsmiley. At 50 years of age, working 24/7 w my art, feeling I was born to make it, feeling that I want to make my art until the end of times but none of us have that time, lousy watermarking to be safe from art theives taking up about half of my precious time in life, so no time to scroll endlessly searching for yellow hearts, even with the wishlist sort by it takes too much time, but without it? I scroll for a minute or two then think: f..k this. My time is precious to me, as I feel seriously stressed to have time to make all the art I want before I go. Sorry, too much info I know, just thought I let you know that for me your extention is very important and I love it very much, makes a big difference in my life.  

• trhancocktrhancock Posts: 38
    edited April 2023

I've installed v4.0.4 on Chrome, where I don't normally use the DAZ shop, because 4.0.4 is not yet showing for Edge where I normally do DAZ.shopping.

But although with 4.0.4 I can see things like the multi-thumbnail view in Product Library, and the Price history for individual items, I still don't see the "Only show wishlist" checkbox above DAZ Shop listings, on both the main Shop page and for new sales listings, or probably anywhere else above listings.

Can you please test this and fix, if this aspect of Daz-Deals is failing?

In Edge with 4.0.3, up to this last outage, I switched off-and-on the add-on management toggle for "Allow in InPrivate" (="Allow in Incognito") or something like that, which always worked, although I had to keep doing this when I displayed new pages. At least with 4.0.4 in Chrome I don't need to do this toggling to see price histories etc., but as I said, the "Only show wishlist" checkbox still does not appear, and doing the toggling will not make it appear.

I do use "Only show wishlist" an enormous amount, sale listings are just too long to handle without it!!

By the way, thank you so much for making Daz-Deals available to non-subscribers like me who don't need the additional functionality. I use it all the time, which is why this recent outage has affected my use of the DAZ Shop a lot.

Post edited by trhancock on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Wait...Only Show Wishlist is a non-pay thing?  I haven't seen it in quite a while.  I thought that was part of the pay subscription version.

Dana

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639
    edited April 2023

Yikes, please help. I am a Pro subscriber and DAZ Deals has stopped working in my Chrome browser. I can toggle the 'Use in Ingognito' and then it works for the page I currently have up but as soon as I change the DAZ page I lose it again. 

ETA: Also I have tried reentering my email and passcode but when I try to save it just goes to saving and stays in that state indefinitely.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • DanaTA said:

Wait...Only Show Wishlist is a non-pay thing?  I haven't seen it in quite a while.  I thought that was part of the pay subscription version.

Dana

It is part of the pay version. Unfortunately.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Whee... It took a while to realize, but I see the price history in Chrome for the first time in about 4 months smiley

Thank you.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

I am a Pro subscriber and yesterday I had no problems with my Daz Deals options and I show active in the extension settings. Today, everytime I opened a group window and tried to find the option for My Wishlist, it was missing. I kept going to settings and resetting it. It would work for that window for one item the switch back to disappeared. Also the notifications of forum/gallery links don't show. After I purchased my products I don't have a timeline of purchase prices either. I tried everything in settings on Google Chrome on my iMac Catalina OS v10.15.7 to get the extension to work normally, including updating it to v4.0.4.

I happen to have a promo page I left up on my Google Chrome page last night to remind me to play with for comparison, and I will attach one from today. Eclipse is the older one, Pigsty I bought today.

Thank you,

Mary

pdf
    pdf
    Eclipse_ Sci-fi Environment _ Daz 3D.pdf
    2M
    pdf
    pdf
    Pigsty _ Daz 3D.pdf
    6M
  • ElliandraElliandra Posts: 519

Add me to the Chrome isn't working list. I have the latest version of chrome just updated this morning. Nothing from Daz Deals is showing up for me even the button on the dropdown menu to access the Extension itself is gone for me.

Works perfectly on FFox for me though!

Elli

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

ArtAngel said:

Overdrawn said:

HeavyRay said:

re: "...fill-in my username and password for the add-on..."
    I assume you're referring to " https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals"; ??  Tried that - logged-in/logged-out/logged-in....  still no joy!!!    ;-(

No, they mean in the "email notifications" section in the add-on options interface. That needs to be setup and match the email you used in BuyMeACoffee. If you want/need them to be different, please DM me and I'll get that setup for you.

It's working fantastic and seems to have all the bells and whistles working. I have been trying new solutions since you tagged me in a message. But as recently as one hour ago, I did not have success just doing the above steps but undoubtedly if I hadn't maybe things would have not gone so well. Three times I tried the above. I still got error messages saying check email and password. Chrome appeared up to date so I had ruled that out. After 3 attempts of closing a bunch of windows, I restarted Chrome and retried the email thingy. I repeated this three times.  Three times t clicked forgot my passcode hoping to fix it that way. Asked hubby to read the instructions hoping fresh set of eyes would help, and repeated all steps again. But, the check email and password error message continued to stop me in my tracks. Absolutely frustrated, I decided to try one last thing. Force a chrome update or reinstall and if that failed restore to yesterday when I could at least toggle and get a partillay partially working app. A note about Chrome: If chrome needs to be updated typically, for my PC, a rectangle box  appears left of the three-dot icon at top right of chrome browser indicating a new version released. Green means a chrome update was released 2 days ago, orange - 4 days ago and red means a week ago. I only had three dots and no update rectangle.   I clicked the three dots scrolled down to Help> About Google Chrome. It was there it indicated a new update was availabe (released three days ago). All windows will close but they reopen with you logged in to DAZ etc. And without having to do anything else, Daz Dealz worked perfectly including for the wishlist and sort by % off. Haven't seen those in forever! Thanks for all your hard work. Again the screen shots are just an FYI of how the error message and what fixed it for me. Google can update every 2 weeks so the best way to find the most recent version via the browser menu.

Early AM it was working as it should. Then it disappeared. I checked for Chrome updates despite knowing I was up to date and lo and behold it wanted to relaunch due to a new update. Every one of the Daz pages that auto relaunched have the DAZ DEALZ links to forums etc. But any page I open now has no Daz Dealz links. Here are some screenshots, hope they help.  Excuse the writing but it's the best I could manage using a mouse.

zzzDaz Deals3 GoogleNew.JPG
    876 x 355 - 29K
    zzzDaz Deals2.JPG
    2446 x 898 - 517K
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,349

zombietaggerung said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

It makes the plug-in near useless without that, as it is by far the most useful part of it. I thought that the pay part would be used to fund the expensive parts of the plug-in maintenance, like sending emails, or storing the price history, although strangely they are free features, whilst the filter by wishlist is not. I assume the latter has no on-going server costs associated with it.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

Havos said:

zombietaggerung said:

DanaTA said:

Dana

It makes the plug-in near useless without that, as it is by far the most useful part of it. I thought that the pay part would be used to fund the expensive parts of the plug-in maintenance, like sending emails, or storing the price history, although strangely they are free features, whilst the filter by wishlist is not. I assume the latter has no on-going server costs associated with it.

Well, I am a Pro subscriber and right now it is near worthless to me because it is not working in Chrome.