Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641

Overdrawn said:

@HeavyRain (and @ArtAngel) it looks like there are scenarios where the subscription status isn't staying cached proper (nor displaying properly either...). Sometimes a reload fixes it, but certainly toggling Incognito Mode does (which triggers the installation event which in turn triggers the "check subscription status" event).

Consequently, I'm working on debugging why the subscription data/code gets confused for some users. Hopefully, I can get a new release shipped this week (now that I've got some vacation time! Huzzah!).

More soon!
    Overdrawn

Thank you. It's a a bit of a pain to keep toggling but I can live with it because it's a huge unacceptable pain trying to navigate this store without your your tool. 

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173

ArtAngel said:

Overdrawn said:

@HeavyRain (and @ArtAngel) it looks like there are scenarios where the subscription status isn't staying cached proper (nor displaying properly either...). Sometimes a reload fixes it, but certainly toggling Incognito Mode does (which triggers the installation event which in turn triggers the "check subscription status" event).

Consequently, I'm working on debugging why the subscription data/code gets confused for some users. Hopefully, I can get a new release shipped this week (now that I've got some vacation time! Huzzah!).

More soon!
    Overdrawn

Thank you. It's a a bit of a pain to keep toggling but I can live with it because it's a huge unacceptable pain trying to navigate this store without your your tool. 

What @ArtAngel said!!!    The toggling is a nuisance and I'm hoping a fix can be found.  But the 'nuisance' is worth it for all that it gives in return....
    Thanls to @Overdrawn and @Ati !!!!    - Ray

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 622

I have 2 google accounts. On the original one, the extension works beautifully. On the new one, it doesn't work at all. Is this a common thing? I apologize if this was already asked. I scanned and it appeared to be a new issue. Thank so much!

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 580

@HeavyRain and @ArtAngel (and others), the annoying incognito mode thing is fixed! I've just released version 4.0.3 of the extension--the Chrome store has it now, Edge should be following shortly, and Firefox's add-on will update once I figure out what's wrong with their add-on site...

All told 4.0.3 should load subscription status much faster, so the experience should be far better (and more like it used to be) anywhere on the site.

Sorry again for these annoyances, but hopefully this stabilizes things.

Enjoy!
    Overdrawn

ArtsyDragon said:

I have 2 google accounts. On the original one, the extension works beautifully. On the new one, it doesn't work at all. Is this a common thing? I apologize if this was already asked. I scanned and it appeared to be a new issue. Thank so much!

Do you have the extension setup identicially on both? Same email and passcode configured in the add-on's option's "Email Notifications" section? If not, try making sure that's configured on both, and see if things improve.

Overdrawn said:

ArtsyDragon said:

Do you have the extension setup identicially on both? Same email and passcode configured in the add-on's option's "Email Notifications" section? If not, try making sure that's configured on both, and see if things improve.

I can't figure out how to edit the extention on the new browser. It's not showing up in my DAZ and there's no link to find the setup pages. I'm feeling really dumn right now. I'm sorry.

Overdrawn said:

ArtsyDragon said:

I can't figure out how to edit the extention on the new browser. It's not showing up in my DAZ and there's no link to find the setup pages. I'm feeling really dumn right now. I'm sorry.

What browsers are you using and in what operating systems?

Hello,

I use Chrome exclusively (Chrome is up to date: Version 112.0.5615.50 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Microsoft 365 with all updates. 

I figured I have something I need to set. I have an email and a username from the Chrome that works but I can't get anywhere to enter that information on the chrome that doesn't work.

Okay. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I went to the chrome that works and copied the links to the Daz plus plugin. I opened the chrome that doesn't work and copied the link into the address bar. I then made all the selections that I had checked on the working copy. I closed all daz windows in the one that doesn't work. I then opened DAZ.

It's working.

YAY

Hello,

I use Chrome exclusively (Chrome is up to date: Version 112.0.5615.50 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Microsoft 365 with all updates. 

I figured I have something I need to set. I have an email and a username from the Chrome that works but I can't get anywhere to enter that information on the chrome that doesn't work.

If the extension is properly overtake, you should see the Daz icon on the toolbar. If it's not there, check your extensions list to be sure it's installed. There may also be a way to access the extension options from the extensions list.

Okay. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I went to the chrome that works and copied the links to the Daz plus plugin. I opened the chrome that doesn't work and copied the link into the address bar. I then made all the selections that I had checked on the working copy. I closed all daz windows in the one that doesn't work. I then opened DAZ.

It's working.

YAY

Oh. Great idea! Glad it works now!

Thank you for trying to help me @Overdrawn

Darn....  Reading this made my heart leap - vsn 4.0.3 fixed  things.... Yea!!!      Seemingly not for me howerver..  In fact, the addin doesn't work AT ALL now, even trying the "allow incognito toggle"  I'm using Chrome on a Win10 machine.

I've checked the correct version (4.0.3) , disabled the addin, enabled the addin, deleted the addon, re-installed the addin   - all no go.  I checked and although I paid for the PRO version, I get the 'Unlock PRO features' button,  When I click that button, it seems as though I AM being seen as having the PRO sub.  Attached are some snapshots hopefully providing some clues....

DazDeals Options.png
    1186 x 491 - 82K
    Unlock Pro Features_1.png
    1259 x 497 - 51K
    Unlock Pro Features_2.png
    1338 x 774 - 98K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,196

HeavyRay said:

Darn....  Reading this made my heart leap - vsn 4.0.3 fixed  things.... Yea!!!      Seemingly not for me howerver..  In fact, the addin doesn't work AT ALL now, even trying the "allow incognito toggle"  I'm using Chrome on a Win10 machine.

I've checked the correct version (4.0.3) , disabled the addin, enabled the addin, deleted the addon, re-installed the addin   - all no go.  I checked and although I paid for the PRO version, I get the 'Unlock PRO features' button,  When I click that button, it seems as though I AM being seen as having the PRO sub.  Attached are some snapshots hopefully providing some clues....

Yeah, it seems I am in the same boat.

Also Chrome on Win10.

Firefox is working, although with delays. 

Hello there @HeavyRay and @felis

I saw that the first time I went to fill in my username and password for the add-on. I was able to fill in that information, and after I opened DAZ I found the add-on working.  I was out of ideas had that not fixed the issue. If I hear of any other hints, I'll post back.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,196

ArtsyDragon said:

I saw that the first time I went to fill in my username and password for the add-on. I was able to fill in that information, and after I opened DAZ I found the add-on working.  I was out of ideas had that not fixed the issue. If I hear of any other hints, I'll post back.

Thanks - that seemed to have done it. 

felis said:

ArtsyDragon said:

Thanks - that seemed to have done it. 

YAY!

re: "...fill-in my username and password for the add-on..."
    I assume you're referring to " https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals"; ??  Tried that - logged-in/logged-out/logged-in....  still no joy!!!    ;-(

HeavyRay said:

I assume you're referring to " https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dazdeals"; ??  Tried that - logged-in/logged-out/logged-in....  still no joy!!!    ;-(

No, they mean in the "email notifications" section in the add-on options interface. That needs to be setup and match the email you used in BuyMeACoffee. If you want/need them to be different, please DM me and I'll get that setup for you.

OK, re-entering my info on that 'email notifications' tab within the addon did the trick!!!   I'm thrilled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,641
    edited April 2023

Overdrawn said:

HeavyRay said:

No, they mean in the "email notifications" section in the add-on options interface. That needs to be setup and match the email you used in BuyMeACoffee. If you want/need them to be different, please DM me and I'll get that setup for you.

It's working fantastic and seems to have all the bells and whistles working. I have been trying new solutions since you tagged me in a message. But as recently as one hour ago, I did not have success just doing the above steps but undoubtedly if I hadn't maybe things would have not gone so well. Three times I tried the above. I still got error messages saying check email and password. Chrome appeared up to date so I had ruled that out. After 3 attempts of closing a bunch of windows, I restarted Chrome and retried the email thingy. I repeated this three times.  Three times t clicked forgot my passcode hoping to fix it that way. Asked hubby to read the instructions hoping fresh set of eyes would help, and repeated all steps again. But, the check email and password error message continued to stop me in my tracks. Absolutely frustrated, I decided to try one last thing. Force a chrome update or reinstall and if that failed restore to yesterday when I could at least toggle and get a partillay partially working app. A note about Chrome: If chrome needs to be updated typically, for my PC, a rectangle box  appears left of the three-dot icon at top right of chrome browser indicating a new version released. Green means a chrome update was released 2 days ago, orange - 4 days ago and red means a week ago. I only had three dots and no update rectangle.   I clicked the three dots scrolled down to Help> About Google Chrome. It was there it indicated a new update was availabe (released three days ago). All windows will close but they reopen with you logged in to DAZ etc. And without having to do anything else, Daz Dealz worked perfectly including for the wishlist and sort by % off. Haven't seen those in forever! Thanks for all your hard work. Again the screen shots are just an FYI of how the error message and what fixed it for me. Google can update every 2 weeks so the best way to find the most recent version via the browser menu.

opt 4a.JPG
    304 x 786 - 51K
    opt 4a2.JPG
    565 x 193 - 17K
    opt 4e.JPG
    637 x 633 - 54K
    opt 4f.JPG
    951 x 411 - 30K
    Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639

Unfortunately DAZ Deals hasn't been working for some time on my Android mobile phone (Kiwi browser) and the new update still doesn't work on it. Is there any chance of making it compatible with Android again?

Charlie Judge said:

Unfortunately DAZ Deals hasn't been working for some time on my Android mobile phone (Kiwi browser) and the new update still doesn't work on it. Is there any chance of making it compatible with Android again?

It's working great for me in Kiwi still... Can you check the options area to be sure you have the email notifications configured? The UI in there still needs some work to be more mobile friendly, but it should still work to save the settings. Let me know how it goes!

HeavyRay said:

OK, re-entering my info on that 'email notifications' tab within the addon did the trick!!!   I'm thrilled !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear that your add-on is working again!

• I have a question: are the forum links and gallery images on product pages a Pro feature? Because there is no [PRO] flag on that feature according to the Chrome Webstore. I am not "pro" and they don't work at all. I do still have the readme links on product pages, but the forum links and gallery images would be quite useful. Assuming they're not "pro" features.

Screenshot 2023-04-09 002646.jpg
    548 x 297 - 55K
  • RasberriRasberri Posts: 298
    edited April 2023

zombietaggerung said:

I have a question: are the forum links and gallery images on product pages a Pro feature? Because there is no [PRO] flag on that feature according to the Chrome Webstore. I am not "pro" and they don't work at all. I do still have the readme links on product pages, but the forum links and gallery images would be quite useful. Assuming they're not "pro" features.

I have the same question.  I tried to search the gallery to see how products are used but cannot figure out a way to do that either.  Also when I go to my account library, I used to be able to see a picture of items and that is now gone.  Is that a pro feature as well?  It is a little confusing on the addon page. I have the "Show gallery images and forum links for products" and the "Add wishlist buttons to category pages" checked. Nothing happens. Both of those checkboxes are not labeled as "PRO" features.  I included a screenshot below.  It would appear that you do not get any of these features at all unless you pay for them.

DazDealsPage.png
    1611 x 833 - 189K
    Post edited by Rasberri on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,639
    edited April 2023

Overdrawn said:

Charlie Judge said:

It's working great for me in Kiwi still... Can you check the options area to be sure you have the email notifications configured? The UI in there still needs some work to be more mobile friendly, but it should still work to save the settings. Let me know how it goes!

Thanks. That helped. I had to reenter my email and passcode. Then I had trouble saving my settings but I finally got them saved and now it is partially working. However, I'm not seeing 'sort by percent off'. I tried toggling incognito mode but that didn't help.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I already mentioned this to @Overdrawn, but thought I'd share with others.  One of the best (PRO?) features IMHO is wishlist tagging.  And while as of yesterday I got the addon working in Chrome, for some reason, any comments entered on the WISHLISTpage didn't seem to be save-able. 

I found though that if I entered the "tags" in the comment box of the PRODUCT page, they DID save!!!  I now have my tags/categories working again on the WISHLIST page.   Yea!!!!!

• NotAnArtistNotAnArtist Posts: 374

The "view forum thread & gallery images about the product" hasn't worked since yesterday's (April 9) update, (coincidentally or not).
    I have the standard, non-Pro, version, and I only have this installed in my never-logged-into-anywhere OS. I use a different, more secure OS for purchases and banking, where I allow no add-ons.
    Frankly, those two features are the things that DAZ3D should have by default on their site. They help us learn about (and gather interest in) the products we're considering.

I'll dig into those link issues next. Essentially, any feature we have that requires server or email sending provider costs will eventually be Pro. I believe these were meant to be Pro from the beginning and we just missed labeling them... We'll at least make that clearer in the next release.

Sorry for the confusion!