Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

When you get the time could you have a look at the option to show missing required products please? 

It isn't showing up and I like that one alot. It's invaluable in finding the base products I'm missing for characters and freebies I've collected.

Opera version preferred

Thank you

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

Will there be an update for Firefox?  DAZ Deals is gone from the Firefox Add-On site... sad

Thanx!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

IceCrMn said:

When you get the time could you have a look at the option to show missing required products please? 

It isn't showing up and I like that one alot. It's invaluable in finding the base products I'm missing for characters and freebies I've collected.

That one is together with the Only show wishlisted, and Only show owned checkboxes. There are a total of four checkboxes that are now missing doe to the new UI, and we're bringing back with the upcoming update.

edited December 2021

WandW said:

Will there be an update for Firefox?  DAZ Deals is gone from the Firefox Add-On site... sad

We'll be publishing it to the usual browser stores (Chrome, FireFox, Opera, ...). Some are quicker to make it public than others.

Post edited by Ati on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

WandW said:

We'll be publishing it to the usual browser stores (Chrome, FireFox, Opera, ...). Some are quicker to make it public than others.

Thank you for your efforts. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled it for Chrome, but it seems that the issue is the same. The extra boxes only appear once after I install the app. As soon as make any change in my selction, they disappear.  

Edited to add : I see the version available for Chrome is still the version from march 2021. 

Post edited by odastein on
  • maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Thank you, Ati. I've come to rely on your plug-in. I appreciate that you're working on getting things updated.

• I didn't realize until it was gone just how much I use this plugin. To those involved, thanks for your work, and count me among the many anxiously awaiting a fix.

The latest info I have is that it will be pushed to the browser stores this morning, and then it's up to the stores. Chrome is usually the fastest. Fingers crossed. :)

• HALLELUJAH! It's working again in Chrome. Thank you for the swift update!

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

Thank you! Working perfectly in Chrome.

There's a feature that 's new to me: "Recent best" price (shows in the checkout cart). Very nice!

Huge congratulations for this update. Essential app.

Recent best.jpg
    596 x 142 - 13K

Lots and lots of new features. We brought the comment boxes back: you can have multiple wishlists again. You can even categorize your existing items, even the ones no longer available in the store, see their thumbnails in the Product Library for easier identification, etc.

The Chrome and Firefox stores seem to have caught up with the update, both stores now have the new version.

• Thanks for the update, even a new version number!

I do seem to have found an issue; In both Brave and Waterfox I can't find the only wish-list tick-box, nor the sorting by discount option. I have attached screen-shots for both browsers. Not sure what the issue could be. I tried re-installing the plug-in and browser restarts but that didn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

12222021DDP(Brave).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 277K
    12222021DDP(Waterfox).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 285K
  • Yay, team! Thanks for your quick work on this!

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,587
    edited December 2021

Finally Daz Deals is fixed in my Google Chrome.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited December 2021

BlueFingers said:

Thanks for the update, even a new version number!

I do seem to have found an issue; In both Brave and Waterfox I can't find the only wish-list tick-box, nor the sorting by discount option. I have attached screen-shots for both browsers. Not sure what the issue could be. I tried re-installing the plug-in and browser restarts but that didn't make a difference.

Any suggestions?

Do you have that option enabled? That's something that can be turned on and off. It's the "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" option on the options page. If it's not on, then enable it. If it's on, then disable and then enable it just to be sure.

Post edited by Ati on

Back on the Firefox site.  Thanx!!  laugh

https://addons.mozilla.org/lv/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

not on Opera yet. 

I updated it and am still not getting the Show Wishlist nor Items Owned checkboxes.  Everything else seems to work.  Firefox version is 91.4.1esr

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

BlueFingers said:

Thanks for the update, even a new version number!

Any suggestions?

Do you have that option enabled? That's something that can be turned on and off. It's the "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" option on the options page. If it's not on, then enable it. If it's on, then disable and then enable it just to be sure.

I'm on the latest version of Chrome (Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and it shows I now have DAZ Deals version 3.0.1. However, I am still not seeing the filters for wishlisted and owned items; also not seeing %off sort filter. I tried disabling them and then enabling them again but they still do not show up. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 262

WandW said:

I updated it and am still not getting the Show Wishlist nor Items Owned checkboxes.  Everything else seems to work.  Firefox version is 91.4.1esr

Same for me on Firefox. I need to be able to filter by wishlisted! ;)

• MoreTNMoreTN Posts: 262

Oh, and Sort by % also not available on Firefox. Another must-have for me when I'm looking for bargains. As several have said, you don't realise how much you use this until it's gone.

• Same problem, Firefox 95.0.2 and Daz Deals 3.0.1, checkbox filters like Wishlist Only not showing anywhere, and no % off in dropdown.  Also no price history on products. But some things are working, for example, I see gallery entries and forum references, and wishlist # of columns.

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

On firefox, I cannot use the product library any longer. When I select product library, no item are displayed. If I search for anything that should provide results (says genesis), still no answer.

Am I doing something wrong?

Questions to those of you who don't see the checkboxes with the new version:

Did the old version of the addon work for you before the store UI change?

What happens if you remove and reinstall the addon?

alainmerigot said:

On firefox, I cannot use the product library any longer. When I select product library, no item are displayed. If I search for anything that should provide results (says genesis), still no answer.

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feauture, and see if that solves this issue for you. 

• TogireTogire Posts: 408

Ati said:

alainmerigot said:

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feauture, and see if that solves this issue for you. 

Yes, it works now.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314

Whoopee! It's working again and I may actually feel inclined to buy from PA back-catalogs again. Thank you so much for your work on this, Ati and Overdrawn.

Just for future info: how do I force the extension to update (I'm on Chrome)?

It didn't do it automatically (I still had ver 2.5.3) and I couldn't remember how to get the latest version. I eventually removed the extension and re-"bought" it from the Chrome store, but I'm almost certain that I didn't need to do that last time there was a change?

• Thank you so much for all your hard work! Especially at this time of year! You all are awesome!

• Just out of curiosity, was there a Microsoft Edge update submitted? I don't see anything about updating anywhere and am wondering if I should remove it and reinstall it, or just hang tight because the store itself might not have updated the changes yet. Thank you!