Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• anepheranepher Posts: 122

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

I just removed and re-added the extension to Chrome. (because of the new UI update) and it no longer works.  Specifically, I received an email for a new flash sale, and wanted to see what I have wishlisted amongst the products on sale.  However, Only show Wishlist is no visible.  It may be present on the page, but the new interface overlaps with it.  A CTRL+F5 will momently show it on the base page (daz3d.com/shop/ but it does not show up any other time.

Yeah, this UI update came as a surprise, and I'm not too happy about the timing. A week before the biggest holiday season of the year. I honestly have no idea when I'll be able to take a look at it.

Very easy to fix if you have time:
    wishlistify.js

line 214 replace

var ul = document.getElementById("sort_drop");

with 

var  ul = document.getElementById("top-filters-container");

and line 215 replace 

var li = document.createElement("li");

with

var li = document.createElement("div") 

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,118

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

I just removed and re-added the extension to Chrome. (because of the new UI update) and it no longer works.  Specifically, I received an email for a new flash sale, and wanted to see what I have wishlisted amongst the products on sale.  However, Only show Wishlist is no visible.  It may be present on the page, but the new interface overlaps with it.  A CTRL+F5 will momently show it on the base page (daz3d.com/shop/ but it does not show up any other time.

Yeah, this UI update came as a surprise, and I'm not too happy about the timing. A week before the biggest holiday season of the year. I honestly have no idea when I'll be able to take a look at it.

My condolences - nothing like trying to keep on a moving target when you're not privy to the moves.

FWIW - Win 10 Pro, Firefox 95.0 - the only things missing currently on the main shop page are the two coupon checkboxes. I'm not too happy about resizing the product links field to reposition the drop down selections, unless this is a prelude to adding additional drop downs (I'd really love a drop down exclusion list, for example).

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,314

I'm already really missing the "sort by %age off" option and the "exclude Daz+" checkbox. Let's hope you can get them back before too long.

PS: I really appreciate the existence of this add-on, so that wasn't meant to be a moan. heart

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

anepher said:

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

wishlistify.js

line 214 replace

with 

and line 215 replace 

with

Awesome! Thank you for taking a look. I'll push a fix into the repo tomorrow—if @Overdrawn is not faster.

Does it work for you after this change?

Ati said:

anepher said:

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

wishlistify.js

line 214 replace

with 

and line 215 replace 

with

Awesome! Thank you for taking a look. I'll push a fix into the repo tomorrow—if @Overdrawn is not faster.

I think it's working only partially, the script is not crashing anymore, the wishlist and only show owned are working. (see screenshot)

Sort by % off needs more touch and I don't see exclude daz + either. But I'll look for them too.

daz deals 3.PNG
    1879 x 380 - 368K
  • It's crazy that Daz haven't added this feature, only show wishlist, only show owned, ect,  on their own. I can't shop without it, I'll skip any sale that isn't like pc+ for a day/1.99/2.99 dollars each item. Then it can be worth scrolling endlessly. Less discount than that: NOPE! So Daz: if you want me to spend money here, add the Daz deals features! And to make this change days before Xmas, that's just stupid. Thanks Daz for saving me money! laugh.

edited December 2021

Ati said:

anepher said:

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

wishlistify.js

line 214 replace

with 

and line 215 replace 

with

Ok so my previos fix is  bad, it was making the script to not crash
    this is the actual fix which is adding the % off to the correct place

wishlistify.js

line 214 replace

with 

var  ul = document.getElementById("top-filters-container").querySelectorAll("select")[0];

and line 215 replace 

with

var li = document.createElement("option");
    It is working please see the screenshot

daz deals 4.PNG
    1762 x 721 - 797K
    Post edited by anepher on
  • Ati said:

gitika1 said:

I would have thought that it would have been in DAZ's best interest to make every effort to facilitate the DAZ Deals plugin. I (and I suspect many others) will miss a lot good deals and thus spending  spending a lot less.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048
    edited December 2021

Hopefully you guys can figure out some way to restore most of the functionality that is now broken thanks to the 'website upgrade'.  As others have said, these things should just be 'standard' functionality on the Daz3D.com end, but it is what it is.

Best of luck guys!

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited December 2021

tombraider4ever said:

It's crazy that Daz haven't added this feature, only show wishlist, only show owned, ect,  on their own. I can't shop without it, I'll skip any sale that isn't like pc+ for a day/1.99/2.99 dollars each item. Then it can be worth scrolling endlessly. Less discount than that: NOPE! So Daz: if you want me to spend money here, add the Daz deals features! And to make this change days before Xmas, that's just stupid. Thanks Daz for saving me money! laugh.

Same thing here. I'm not going to shop without a "show wishlist" included. I already have a long wishlist and it takes time to go through some sales *with* the wishlist, but without it, no way. Even a small sale has dozen of pages of items, a big one might have hundreds. I'm not going through 100 pages of items looking for those I wishlisted. I don't have hours every day to shop on DAZ (nor would I want to spend hours even if I could). 

And "show owned" is extrememly convenient when I'm looking for something I already have bought and either isn't installed (the wide majority of my assets aren't installed) or is installed but I'm unable to find it in my library and need the read me to find the files. Given that DAZ central, for instance, doesn't offer any option to search by item category. If, say, I want to see what G2 hair I own and could use and install, I'd need to go through *everything* in Daz central to find them, and would probably miss some. I'm looking for a quiver part of a clothing asset I own, but I've been unable to find it after spending one hour in DAZ central looking for it while I could have found it in minutes wth "items I own". 

It's possible that DAZ has no interest in letting us see the price history, but tools like "show wishlist" shoudn't even require an addon.  

Then again, of course, DAZ is free to change its shoping interface, but given how popular DAZ deals is, how widely it is used and how convenient it is, it's a problem for I would guess the majority of customers. As far as I'm concerned, DAZ shop could as well be broken and unusable at the moment. I opened a sales page and immediately closed it when I saw that DAZ deals wasn't working and I'd would have to wade through pages upon pages of stuff I'm not interested in to look for things I'm interested in. And even *if* I was doing that, I still wouldn't buy anything without checking the price history as money is very tight for me at the moment. 

Post edited by odastein on
  • I hope at once Daz will settle down with store and stop doing these changes. I don't see why it would be better, but always mess up with our beloved Daz-Deals :(

Now it works interesting for me. I can see the wishlist and I owned filter right after I install daz deals, but if I click any link within Daz store, those are gone :( So today I installed and removed about 50 times :D :D 
    I know you guys will fix it ASAP and really appreciate your work! I really don't understand why these features are not already in the store itself!

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Don't forget that there's a dedicated thread for "Website Improvements and Updates" which at least once in a while seems to be visited by official DAZ persons... so make sure to use your voice there, too!

• Thanks, @Ati, for your very handy add-on. I hope you will make it, eventually, work again as intended. But I fear it will take a while, seeing the sorry state the storefront is in now.
    I will come back with my request after the dust has settled down if they can finally manage to set up a useable storefront.

• Uthgard said:

I had to restore firefox and can confirm the extension is no longer available. I'm taking it as a message from the universe to stop buying and start rendering.

I take a million things as signs from the universe to stop buying and start rendering and then here I am buying again.  I am glad to hear that I am not alone smiley

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

I edited the wishlistify.js file just as anepher said and it seems to be working for me on Opera GX browser.

Took about 5 minutes with notepad++

edited December 2021

Hm, I tried the edit to wishlistify.js - it seemed to work immediately I did it (I'm on Chrome browser) but if I switched to another page (e.g. one of the lists in offers in today's sale) the extra boxes disappeared again and have not come back. The main store page lost them at the same time. So not a total fix for me.

ETA: Unless I changed it in the wrong folder - I found it in AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User  Data\Default\Extensions\nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc\2.5.3_0

Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 2021

Did you restart the browser after you made the edit to reload the extension?

Post edited by IceCrMn on
    edited December 2021

Yes, I did (I assumed it wouldn't pick up the change without)

ETA: TO make sure, I just closed Chrome, reopened, went to the main store page (no extra boxes), changed the number of items from the default 60 to my preferred 120, and the boxes popped up again. Did a hard refresh (Ctrl-F5) and they went again. It's a mystery to me. I guess I'll have to wait until a formal fix is made, assuming Ati and Overdrawn manage to fix it.

I just check3ed with my Chrome install(I don't use it much.Love my Opera browser instead)

Looks like Chrome didn't like me editing the plugin,,,see screen shot.

Chrome 1.jpg
    431 x 173 - 14K
    edited December 2021

Chrome also disabled the plugin.

The only options I have are repair or remove.

Post edited by IceCrMn on

Where are you seeing that error message? I don't see anything like that. (It might explain why it isn't working for me, though)

Settings>Extensions

edited December 2021

Odd, mine just looks like this - so it doesn't seem to have noticed my edit?

Capture.JPG
    421 x 186 - 14K

I cut my day short and did a fix for this. I've just pushed it to our repository. @Overdrawn finishes up some other stuff, and I really hope we can get it to the browser stores ASAP so you guys can use these features again with the new store UI.

Great news Ati, thanks a lot!

Just a note

The Opera version is behind

Version 2.5.1

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/daz-deals/

Version 2.5.3

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

I can install the Chrome version though using another plugin called "Install Chrome Extensions" to get version 2.5.3

Which is what I have done.

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 2021

Not sure if everyone is having this problem, but my DAZ deals buttons keep disappearing during the shopping session.  I have to close the window completely and restart to see the buttons again.  After I refresh the window or click to an item and come back, the buttons disappear again.  I am on the latest version of Chrome (Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and have the latest version of the extension ( v2.5.3 - I think) installed

Capture.PNG
    1004 x 541 - 427K
    Capture1.PNG
    1033 x 463 - 416K
    Post edited by Sky77 on

Sky77 said:

Not sure if everyone is having this problem, but my DAZ deals buttons keep disappearing during the shopping session.  I have to close the window completely and restart to see the buttons again.  After I refresh the window or click to an item and come back, the buttons disappear again.  I am on the latest version of Chrome (Version 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and have the latest version of the extension ( v2.5.3 - I think) installed

This is due to the yesterday's store user interface change. See above for a very quick fix; otherwise I hope we can get the new version of the addon out into the browser stores very soon.

edited December 2021

MelanieL said:

Hm, I tried the edit to wishlistify.js - it seemed to work immediately I did it (I'm on Chrome browser) but if I switched to another page (e.g. one of the lists in offers in today's sale) the extra boxes disappeared again and have not come back. The main store page lost them at the same time. So not a total fix for me.

ETA: Unless I changed it in the wrong folder - I found it in AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User  Data\Default\Extensions\nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc\2.5.3_0

You need to cache the file in Chrome, and tell the browser to not download it again. I'm trying to find a tutorial for that 

Edit: Nvm I forgot it's an extension, prabably Chrome is doing a sanity check and replace it every time...I think the only sollution is the extention update from the owner.

Post edited by anepher on

anepher said:

I think the only sollution is the extention update from the owner.

If all goes well, we should be able to push it out to the browser-stores today. Fingers crossed.