Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Ati said:

alainmerigot said:

On firefox, I cannot use the product library any longer. When I select product library, no item are displayed. If I search for anything that should provide results (says genesis), still no answer.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feauture, and see if that solves this issue for you. 

Yes, this did the trick for me! Thank you so much!!!

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

well @Ati & @Overdrawn, after barking out like an ignorant angry idiot because i thought daz had randomly added labels only to the product library, someone tipped me in my stupid thread.. and i realized that you brought them back everywhere, together with a flurry of other cool features like gallery browsing of purchased stuff - sorely needed!, and things i haven't discovered yet. deepest apologies for having inferred that the idea of labels in the product library wasn't stellar, and many, many many thanks for all the work you continuously put into this addon! i'm so happy to have those labels back in my wishlist - i have a 3x scroll down list of bookmarks in my browser cuz it was the only way to keep some oversight without them. i know how hurtful it can be when you put your energy into creating sth good, and then have people like me who sit on their asses but never fail to complain. for my defense, i really thought it was some official site redesign, those i'm no fan of - however, i always thought your addon is awesome.

anyways, thanks a lot, i'm really grateful you brought out this new version with all the flying colors ^^

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

MelanieL said:

Just for future info: how do I force the extension to update (I'm on Chrome)?

It didn't do it automatically (I still had ver 2.5.3) and I couldn't remember how to get the latest version. I eventually removed the extension and re-"bought" it from the Chrome store, but I'm almost certain that I didn't need to do that last time there was a change?

If you have automatic updates on (I believe that's the default setting), then Chrome will periodically check for updates. You may not have received the update automatically yet because it's so recent. It would have caught up eventually.

• Ati said:

Questions to those of you who don't see the checkboxes with the new version:

Did the old version of the addon work for you before the store UI change?

What happens if you remove and reinstall the addon?

Yes it worked very well before the store UI change. It was automatically updated by Chrome so I haven't tried uninstalling it. If I did uninstall it I'm not sure how I would get it back. 

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

benniewoodell said:

Just out of curiosity, was there a Microsoft Edge update submitted? I don't see anything about updating anywhere and am wondering if I should remove it and reinstall it, or just hang tight because the store itself might not have updated the changes yet. Thank you! 

I just removed and replaced the Microsoft Edge version, it's still at v2.5.3. Would also be interested to know if an update is due. 

manekiNeko said:

i really thought it was some official site redesign, those i'm no fan of

<rant>

Haha, well, I'm not a huge fan of the latest store redesign either—especially the timing. :-/ 

</rant>

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Yes it worked very well before the store UI change. It was automatically updated by Chrome so I haven't tried uninstalling it. If I did uninstall it I'm not sure how I would get it back. 

Thank you for the feedback. Leave it as it is for now, don't uninstall. I can replicate this issue in Firefox, but not in Chrome. We'll have to do another round of updates, but at least it now works for some people. That's a plus at least. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875
    edited December 2021

Thank you for the update! I also had to delete uncheck the option to show comments on all products in order to get the checkboxes to show up on the store page. The text for the links to coupons is real tiny on my computer. Is that intentional or something I have configured wrong on my computer? Other text looks OK. I'm using Firefox 95.0.2 on Windows 10 and Daz Deals 3.0.1.

Screenshot 2021-12-22 131636.jpg
    1014 x 275 - 48K
    Screenshot 2021-12-22 131717.jpg
    920 x 167 - 28K
    Post edited by barbult on

benniewoodell said:

Just out of curiosity, was there a Microsoft Edge update submitted? I don't see anything about updating anywhere and am wondering if I should remove it and reinstall it, or just hang tight because the store itself might not have updated the changes yet. Thank you! 

Haruchai said:

benniewoodell said:

I just removed and replaced the Microsoft Edge version, it's still at v2.5.3. Would also be interested to know if an update is due. 

I believe the first round of updates were sent to the Chrome, Mozilla (Firefox) and Opera browser stores. I've asked @Overdrawn about Edge.

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Based on @barbult 's comment, can you try disabling the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature to see if that brings the checkboxes back?

Ati said:

benniewoodell said:

Haruchai said:

benniewoodell said:

I believe we sent the first round of updates to the Chrome, Mozilla (Firefox) and Opera browser stores. I've asked @Overdrawn about Edge.

Yeah, the new update has not been published to the Edge store yet. We'll do that once we squash the remaining bugs. (Unfortunately, this version had to be extremely rushed due to the store redesign.) However, you can use the Chrome extension in Edge.

barbult said:

The text for the links to coupons is real tiny on my computer. Is that intentional or something I have configured wrong on my computer? Other text looks OK. I'm using Firefox 95.0.2 on Windows 10 and Daz Deals 3.0.1.

It's quite small for me, too. We'll see if we can fit them all there nicely in a bigger font somehow.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,936

Ati said:

Ati said:

benniewoodell said:

Haruchai said:

benniewoodell said:

I believe we sent the first round of updates to the Chrome, Mozilla (Firefox) and Opera browser stores. I've asked @Overdrawn about Edge.

Yeah, the new update has not been published to the Edge store yet. We'll do that once we squash the remaining bugs. (Unfortunately, this version had to be extremely rushed due to the store redesign.) However, you can use the Chrome extension in Edge.

Thanks for the update, appreciated. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

I'll also just mention that when I first opened Firefox today and went to the Daz Deals extension page, it said that it had auto updated in the last few minutes, I still had 2.5.3 though, until I forced it to check for updates. Then it went to 3.0.1. So if people are not seeing the changes, maybe they can check and be sure Daz Deals is really on version 3 in their browser.

• Haruchai said:

Ati said:

Ati said:

benniewoodell said:

Haruchai said:

benniewoodell said:

Thanks for the update, appreciated. 

Yeah, thank you so very much! 

• Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

UPDATE: I removed the DAZ Deals extension then went to the chrome store and added it back. I and now it doesn't seem to be working at all Not only do I not see the filters, I no longer see the price history on the product page or my expenditures on the my order summary 

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.
  • Ati said:

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.

I disabled  "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature but DAZ Deals is still not working at all for me. I wish I had never tried uninstalling.

Charlie Judge said:

I disabled  "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature but DAZ Deals is still not working at all for me. I wish I had never tried uninstalling.

Most of the issues seem to be related to that one new feature. Your situation is something else. Can you try turning off and then on the features that you would like to see? After this, on any page where you would expect to see a feature from the addon, please press Ctrl+Shift+I which brings up the developer tools, and click on "Console." Do you see any errors there? (You can press Ctrl+Shift+I again to close the developer tools section.)

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

Ati said:

Yes, the old version worked before the store update. The checkboxes were very occasionally there after the update, but not often.

I removed it, restarted the Browser, and reinstalled it and the checkboxes are not there.

WandW said:

Ati said:

Yes, the old version worked before the store update. The checkboxes were very occasionally there after the update, but not often.

I removed it, restarted the Browser, and reinstalled it and the checkboxes are not there.

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page, that should bring the checkboxes back. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

Most of the issues seem to be related to that one new feature. Your situation is something else. Can you try turning off and then on the features that you would like to see? After this, on any page where you would expect to see a feature from the addon, please press Ctrl+Shift+I which brings up the developer tools, and click on "Console." Do you see any errors there? (You can press Ctrl+Shift+I again to close the developer tools section.)

I see the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')
        at DazBreadcrumb.setBreadcrumb (breadcrumb.js:62)
        at DazFilter.doneLoading (filter.js:297)
        at DazFilter.waitForPricing (filter.js:133)
        at proxy (jquery-3.3.1.js:10268)
    access-storage.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: storage_callbacks is not defined
        at access-storage.js:2
    error-tracking.js:48 Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')@breadcrumb.js:62:58 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,807

Ati said:

WandW said:

Ati said:

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page, that should bring the checkboxes back. 

That did it!  YAY!! laugh

Thanx!

edited December 2021

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

I see the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')
        at DazBreadcrumb.setBreadcrumb (breadcrumb.js:62)
        at DazFilter.doneLoading (filter.js:297)
        at DazFilter.waitForPricing (filter.js:133)
        at proxy (jquery-3.3.1.js:10268)
    access-storage.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: storage_callbacks is not defined
        at access-storage.js:2
    error-tracking.js:48 Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')@breadcrumb.js:62:58 

Thank you. I have passed this info along. Do you use any script blockers that could interfere with what this addon loads?

Post edited by Ati on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

Well, it seems like everything is working in Firfox if I have "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled, so that's good.

Once I updated the extension in Chrome today, everything started working like it should. After restarting Chrome, however, the only feature that still works is the area with the links to hide DAZ+ items and filter for coupons, even with "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled. I also disabled all Chrome extensions except DAZ-Deals in case there might be conflicts, but it didn't help. The only thing left to try is removing and installing the extension again...

After removing and installing the extension in Chrome, it worked fine again. Since I already had all my other extensions turned off, I wondered if it would make any difference after restarting Chrome. Unfortunately, it broke again except for the links that filter for coupons and hide DAZ+ items though.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited December 2021

Yay, so happy it’s back on Firefox! I never used the option to label wishlist or other items or to create separate wishlists and I can’t figure out how to do it. Also I can’t find “labels” and don’t think I ever had them. Can someone post a screenshot of where to do this? Thanks, 

Post edited by Wonderland on

Wonderland said:

Yay, so happy it’s back on Firefox! I never used the option to label wishlist or other items or to create separate wishlists and I can’t figure out how to do it. Also I can’t find “labels” and don’t think I ever had them. Can someone post a screenshot of where to do this? Thanks, 

The options page has two "How does this work?" links that include screenshots. However, it seems that something is not quite right with this feature yet.

Quasar said:

Well, it seems like everything is working in Firfox if I have "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled, so that's good.

Once I updated the extension in Chrome today, everything started working like it should. After restarting Chrome, however, the only feature that still works is the area with the links to hide DAZ+ items and filter for coupons, even with "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled. I also disabled all Chrome extensions except DAZ-Deals in case there might be conflicts, but it didn't help. The only thing left to try is removing and installing the extension again...

After removing and installing the extension in Chrome, it worked fine again. Since I already had all my other extensions turned off, I wondered if it would make any difference after restarting Chrome. Unfortunately, it broke again except for the links that filter for coupons and hide DAZ+ items though.

Are you logged in to the Daz store when the addon starts not working? Are you signed up for notifications, and if so, do you have those data entered on the options page? 

• thank you to all those involved in getting DAZ Deals updated, it helps with navigating that dogs breakfast of a webpage immensely heart

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

Can we please post the link where to find the updated add on for Firefox.