Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

f7eer said:

Ati said:

WandW said:

Ati said:

Questions to those of you who don't see the checkboxes with the new version:

Did the old version of the addon work for you before the store UI change?

What happens if you remove and reinstall the addon?

Yes, the old version worked before the store update. The checkboxes were very occasionally there after the update, but not often.

I removed it, restarted the Browser, and reinstalled it and the checkboxes are not there.

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page, that should bring the checkboxes back. 

Using v3.0.1 of Daz-Deals I tried this and it still didn't work, but I noticed that I had a script blocker that did indeed interfere with what the addon loads. Before the store changed, it was working fine being blocked, but not any more.

I use uMatrix on Firefox, and found that when I allowed "googletagmanager.com", I could now see the checkboxes. Hope this helps someone out there. Daz-Deals does a great deal to improve the shopping experience in the store. I was almost at my wits end without the extra filtering. Now I have it back!

Well I am back to being an unhappy camper. Oh well, as Kyoto Kid said, less sales for DAZ. Not the smartest move doing a major site upgrade during holiday season. Why not do it mid-January?

I tried turning off ALL security/blockers in Firefox and Brave and no joy.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

hjake said:

f7eer said:

Ati said:

WandW said:

Ati said:

Yes, the old version worked before the store update. The checkboxes were very occasionally there after the update, but not often.

I removed it, restarted the Browser, and reinstalled it and the checkboxes are not there.

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page, that should bring the checkboxes back. 

Using v3.0.1 of Daz-Deals I tried this and it still didn't work, but I noticed that I had a script blocker that did indeed interfere with what the addon loads. Before the store changed, it was working fine being blocked, but not any more.

I use uMatrix on Firefox, and found that when I allowed "googletagmanager.com", I could now see the checkboxes. Hope this helps someone out there. Daz-Deals does a great deal to improve the shopping experience in the store. I was almost at my wits end without the extra filtering. Now I have it back!

Well I am back to being an unhappy camper. Oh well, as Kyoto Kid said, less sales for DAZ. Not the smartest move doing a major site upgrade during holiday season. Why not do it mid-January?

What exactly is the problem that you are facing? You said you're back to being an unhappy camper. Does that mean the new addon worked, and then stopped working for you? If so, you could try the workaround of toggling the "allow in incognito mode" setting. For most people, that got the addon back to work—even though it needs to be toggled every day, so it's a bit of a pain.

Ati said:

hjake said:

f7eer said:

Ati said:

WandW said:

Ati said:

What exactly is the problem that you are facing? You said you're back to being an unhappy camper. Does that mean the new addon worked, and then stopped working for you? If so, you could try the workaround of toggling the "allow in incognito mode" setting. For most people, that got the addon back to work—even though it needs to be toggled every day, so it's a bit of a pain.

I got it working in Firefox by unchecking "Allow comments/labels on all products". Allow incognito mode and turning off Ultimate AdBlocker had no impact.

None of these solutions worked in Brave. Yes they were both working on Dec 23 and not working on Dec 24.

BTW. I am very pleased with your add-on and sad it has to be an add-on instead of DAZ building these features into their website. The comment about unhappy camper was meant to be tongue-in-cheek but I VERY often forget my sense of humour doesn't commuincate well in forums. It was a reference to my comment on Dec 23 that I wrote I was a happy camper. My apologies for any offence or irritation my comments may have caused.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779
    edited December 2021

hjake said:

None of these solutions worked in Brave. Yes they were both working on Dec 23 and not working on Dec 24.

I've found Brave to be very intermittent over the last couple of weeks.  I don't know when I got updated to v3.0.2; the last time I checked I was still on v2.5.3.  The drop-out on the wishlist-only check box on the main shopping page (something I find incredibly useful) started happening a few days ago; I thought I was still on v2.5.3 at that point, but I can't be sure.  As of this moment I seem to have 100% reliability (excellent, thankyou @ati, @overdrawn).  I do suspect Brave has a habit of breaking things because of its attempts to block "cross-site trackers and other creepy things" [sic.]  I also disable JavaScript by default and within the time period I'm talking about Brave managed to turn that off!  It's now back on; I have JavaScript blocked by default and explicitly allow sites at the domain level when I encounter problems that I want to fix.

Brave was working when Chrome wasn't working for me; I've not had to disable/enable DAZ Deals since I switched except that I did once a few days ago when the shopping page check boxes disappeared.  That may be when I got the update.

Brave also tracks Chrome because it is just a hacked version of Chrome.  This may explain why I suddenly started having problems - maybe they integrated the change from Chrome that original hosed DAZ Deals?  That seems particularly likely as Chrome also turned off JavaScript blocking shortly before I stopped using it; one of the reasons I stopped, although DAZ Deals is the main reason I swapped to Brave.

Post edited by jbowler on

jbowler said:

hjake said:

I've found Brave to be very intermittent over the last couple of weeks.  I don't know when I got updated to v3.0.2; the last time I checked I was still on v2.5.3.  The drop-out on the wishlist-only check box on the main shopping page (something I find incredibly useful) started happening a few days ago; I thought I was still on v2.5.3 at that point, but I can't be sure.  As of this moment I seem to have 100% reliability (excellent, thankyou @ati, @overdrawn).  I do suspect Brave has a habit of breaking things because of its attempts to block "cross-site trackers and other creepy things" [sic.]  I also disable JavaScript by default and within the time period I'm talking about Brave managed to turn that off!  It's now back on; I have JavaScript blocked by default and explicitly allow sites at the domain level when I encounter problems that I want to fix.

Brave was working when Chrome wasn't working for me; I've not had to disable/enable DAZ Deals since I switched except that I did once a few days ago when the shopping page check boxes disappeared.  That may be when I got the update.

Brave also tracks Chrome because it is just a hacked version of Chrome.  This may explain why I suddenly started having problems - maybe they integrated the change from Chrome that original hosed DAZ Deals?  That seems particularly likely as Chrome also turned off JavaScript blocking shortly before I stopped using it; one of the reasons I stopped, although DAZ Deals is the main reason I swapped to Brave.

Thank you for sharing. I use both Firefox and Brave because no browser meets all my requirements. DAZ in Firefox is fine for me. Brave is just a more secure version of Google Chrome, in my opinion, and I dumped Chrome for Brave because some sites I visit just don't work properly with Firefox and I was forced to use Chrome or Edge. On another note, I found MS Edge has improved in the past few months but I don't use it for DAZ so no idea how it works with DAZ Deals.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited December 2021

...just an update: all email notices working again without a hitch.  Looks like the fix cured the issues I was having.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,162

The plug-in hasn't worked for me for weeks, and still not working. All of the functions are gone.

Mac, Friefox, plug-in version 3.0.1, last updated December 22, 2021.

This is super annoying.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,807
    edited December 2021

lou_harper said:

The plug-in hasn't worked for me for weeks, and still not working. All of the functions are gone.

This is super annoying.

The latest update works well for me with Firefox in Linux.  Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Post edited by WandW on

lou_harper said:

This is super annoying.

Depending on what's not working, try the above mentioned workarounds. If seemingly nothing works, try toggling the allow in incognito mode setting. (I believe it's called "Run in private windows" in Firefox.)

• psfilipepsfilipe Posts: 164

Ati said:

Depending on what's not working, try the above mentioned workarounds. If seemingly nothing works, try toggling the allow in incognito mode setting. (I believe it's called "Run in private windows" in Firefox.)

Still not working in Firefox/win10 (private windows is always turned on btw).
    All I needed was the wishlist filter back but it stopped working a while ago.

psfilipe said:

Ati said:

Still not working in Firefox/win10 (private windows is always turned on btw).
    All I needed was the wishlist filter back but it stopped working a while ago.

Try turning the private window allowance off in this case. The idea is to toggle it—change it from whatever it is on to the other one.

• psfilipepsfilipe Posts: 164

Ati said:

Try turning the private window allowance off in this case. The idea is to toggle it—change it from whatever it is on to the other one.

Thank you. Unfortunately it still doesn't work.
    I wonder why this functionality isn't a default filter in the site.
    I'm pretty sure there must be a thousand users out there with huge wishlists that could benefit from it.

• Thank you for working on this. I also have to say how much I depend on this add-on.

Add me to the list of those who wish these features could be standard in the Daz Store.

I just don't bother going through the store anymore to browse. Too cumbersome to go through thousands of items without a decent way to sort.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work on both Chrome and Edge. If I unistall, re-install and reboot, I get it to show the options on the store.

As soon as I close the browser it all goes away and I would need to go through the process again to get it to work.

• Umi no Senshi no Ishi said:

Unfortunately I can't get it to work on both Chrome and Edge. If I unistall, re-install and reboot, I get it to show the options on the store.

As soon as I close the browser it all goes away and I would need to go through the process again to get it to work.

Have you tried toggling "Allow incognito' on or off ? That is what worked for me. It only lasts for one session of Chrome and has to be repeated each time you start Chrome; but it is a lot easier than reinstalling the addon. Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser and select More tools > Extensions Daz Deals Details and toggle the state of 'Allow incognito'

• I've lost the Only Show Wishlist checkbox.

• Charlie Judge said:

Umi no Senshi no Ishi said:

Have you tried toggling "Allow incognito' on or off ? That is what worked for me. It only lasts for one session of Chrome and has to be repeated each time you start Chrome; but it is a lot easier than reinstalling the addon. Go to the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the browser and select More tools > Extensions Daz Deals Details and toggle the state of 'Allow incognito'

That worked for me in Chrome. Thanks. 

• Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 212
    edited December 2021

Tonight (1 AM MEZ) I received a mail, that Teen Josie 8 (on my wishlist) would be 93 % off at 2.99. Was this a glitch? Of course, when I woke up around 6:30, it was no longer available.

Post edited by Hemi426 on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Hemi426 said:

Tonight (1 AM MEZ) I received a mail, that Teen Josie 8 (on my wishlist) would be 93 % off at 2.99. Was this a glitch? Of course, when I woke up around 6:30, it was no longer available.

Seen from comments in another thread, there were apparently a flash sale with bundles at 2.99.

I was sleeping as weel.

edited December 2021

Hemi426 said:

I was asleep at that time, but I did get the new promo notification about a flash sale, so it was a legit sale, but it has ended by now. (Pro tip: if you sign up for the new promo notifications, then you can see what new sales start within only a few minutes.)

Post edited by Ati on
  • Thank you @Charlie Judge. I had not tried it. 

That works and is indeed better than reloading. Very helpful.

Thank you again.

• sandmanmax said:

I've lost the Only Show Wishlist checkbox.

Yes, same with me. And this was the thing I used most, because I hate to scroll down 1000 of products in a sale category. Is there a way to fix this?

• FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 281
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

I'm reposting this before I go to sleep:

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.

And we'll continue tomorrow.

Ok, this finally worked for me now

Post edited by FantastArt on
  • DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

Just wanted to say I really appreciate the new updates, I'm one of those with a huge wishlist over 2000, already spent a fortune on Daz3d and it helps to be able to categories things, so I can don't spent ages figuring out what to get next each sale, which can be daily.

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173

Disclaimer - I read the majority of this thread, but if what I'm reporting has already been covered, please accept my apologies...

Not only is Daz Deals working in my Chrome browser, but I just noticed that the comments fields are back and with it, we can once again tag/categorize items within the wishlist.  I'm pretty sure the return of comments is on Daz's end, but the ability to categorize one's wishlist is FANTASTIC!!!!!!  Best Christmas gift I can think off (OK, excluding such things as a new 3080i, computer, etc.)   I haven't exhaustively tested it, but here is a thirty second test of labelling one item to my "Testing tags" category...

Comments and Tags Working - 28 Dec 21.png
    1110 x 315 - 70K
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited December 2021

HeavyRay said:

Disclaimer - I read the majority of this thread, but if what I'm reporting has already been covered, please accept my apologies...

Not only is Daz Deals working in my Chrome browser, but I just noticed that the comments fields are back and with it, we can once again tag/categorize items within the wishlist.  I'm pretty sure the return of comments is on Daz's end, but the ability to categorize one's wishlist is FANTASTIC!!!!!!  Best Christmas gift I can think off (OK, excluding such things as a new 3080i, computer, etc.)   I haven't exhaustively tested it, but here is a thirty second test of labelling one item to my "Testing tags" category...

Nope. The comments section is a new feature of DAZ Deals. It works for some people but other people have had to turn ths feature off to get DAZ Deals to work. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

HeavyRay said:

The comment fields are gone on Daz's side. The new version of the addon brought back the ability to add comments. 

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 173
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

HeavyRay said:

The comment fields are gone on Daz's side. The new version of the addon brought back the ability to add comments. 

Ooops..  my apologies then to you and Overdrawn...    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU - for bringing them back _AND_ all the other features you guys have brought us over the years with this AddON... 

Post edited by HeavyRay on
  • Yea I don't click on emails I just delete them I don't even care who they're from anymore. I don't need fake Utilities or fake amazon fake banking emails. My wife clicks on them the time and panics. They all know my number and address. We get a bill I login in and pay it. 

AgitatedRiot said:

Yea I don't click on emails I just delete them I don't even care who they're from anymore. I don't need fake Utilities or fake amazon fake banking emails. My wife clicks on them the time and panics. They all know my number and address. We get a bill I login in and pay it. 

• Ati said:

I'm reposting this before I go to sleep:

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.

And we'll continue tomorrow.

This worked for me too. Cheers!