Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Thank you for letting us know the Chrome works on Edge, I just got it installed and it seems to be working! 

• Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

I disabled  "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature but DAZ Deals is still not working at all for me. I wish I had never tried uninstalling.

Most of the issues seem to be related to that one new feature. Your situation is something else. Can you try turning off and then on the features that you would like to see? After this, on any page where you would expect to see a feature from the addon, please press Ctrl+Shift+I which brings up the developer tools, and click on "Console." Do you see any errors there? (You can press Ctrl+Shift+I again to close the developer tools section.)

I see the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')
        at DazBreadcrumb.setBreadcrumb (breadcrumb.js:62)
        at DazFilter.doneLoading (filter.js:297)
        at DazFilter.waitForPricing (filter.js:133)
        at proxy (jquery-3.3.1.js:10268)
    access-storage.js:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: storage_callbacks is not defined
        at access-storage.js:2
    error-tracking.js:48 Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')@breadcrumb.js:62:58 

Thank you. I have passed this info along. Do you use any script blockers that could interfere with what this addon loads?

No script blockers that I know but I do use AVAST antivirus. However, the previous DAZ Deals version worked with it. 

Here is an updated of the current errors:

at DazBreadcrumb.setBreadcrumb (groups/core-e9f27e02161cbfdd0b069852603826a6.js:1)
        at DazFilter.doneLoading (groups/core-e9f27e02161cbfdd0b069852603826a6.js:1)
        at DazFilter.waitForPricing (groups/core-e9f27e02161cbfdd0b069852603826a6.js:1)
        at proxy (groups/core-e9f27e02161cbfdd0b069852603826a6.js:1)
        at chrome-extension://nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc/access-storage.js:2
    error-tracking.js:48 Cannot read properties of null (reading 'indexOf')@breadcrumb.js:62:58

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

mwokee said:

Can we please post the link where to find the updated add on for Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/ ;

Charlie Judge said:

No script blockers that I know but I do use AVAST antivirus. However, the previous DAZ Deals version worked with it. 

at DazBreadcrumb.setBreadcrumb (groups/core-e9f27e02161cbfdd0b069852603826a6.js:1)

Only this is "ours":

Kind of good news is that @Overdrawn was able to get this error in Firefox, so we can at least replicate it—that's always a good thing toward finding a solution. 

I'm reposting this before I go to sleep:

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.

And we'll continue tomorrow.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

Ati said:

mwokee said:

Can we please post the link where to find the updated add on for Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/ ;

Correct link is https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

Daz Forum tacks on stuff at the end that breaks posted links some times.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,875

Good night, Ati! Thanks for all your work.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,641
    edited December 2021

Ati said:

Charlie Judge said:

Only this is "ours":

Kind of good news is that @Overdrawn was able to get this error in Firefox, so we can at least replicate it—that's always a good thing toward finding a solution. 

Good Night ATI. Thanks for all your work

I hope you see this tomorrow: Somwhat good news. I was able to get the extension working by going to Customize and control Google Chrome (3 dots upper right) selecting more tools > extensions > view details (for DAZ Deals) and enabling 'Allow in Incognito'

The bad news is it only lasted for one session of Chrome. Once I closed Chrome and reopened it DAZ Deals no longer worked and I had to disable (or enable) 'Allow in Incognito'  it before DAZ Deals would work. Maybe a timing issue ??? Anyway changing the state of  'Allow in Incognito'  enables DAZ Deals; but it has to be done every time I start Chrome. A bit of a nuisance but at least it is a workaround.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

Ati said:

Quasar said:

Well, it seems like everything is working in Firfox if I have "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled, so that's good.

Once I updated the extension in Chrome today, everything started working like it should. After restarting Chrome, however, the only feature that still works is the area with the links to hide DAZ+ items and filter for coupons, even with "Allow comments/labels on all products" disabled. I also disabled all Chrome extensions except DAZ-Deals in case there might be conflicts, but it didn't help. The only thing left to try is removing and installing the extension again...

After removing and installing the extension in Chrome, it worked fine again. Since I already had all my other extensions turned off, I wondered if it would make any difference after restarting Chrome. Unfortunately, it broke again except for the links that filter for coupons and hide DAZ+ items though.

Are you logged in to the Daz store when the addon starts not working? Are you signed up for notifications, and if so, do you have those data entered on the options page? 

Yes, in both cases, the Chrome browser is logged into my DAZ account, and the email address and passcode are entered into the notifications tab of the addon. After doing some more testing, I think this has something to do with one of my other extensions or my Google account.

It finally dawned on me that I could create a new Chrome profile that has no other extensions installed yet. After making a test profile that isn't linked to any Google account, I installed your addon, which is the only extension installed to this profile. So far, your addon has worked every time when I open Chrome with this test profile.

With my main profile linked to my Google account, that isn't the case most of the time. I can get it to work if I allow the app to run in incognito mode and then turn the extension off and back on. 

If it is another extension causing the issue, it would be strange since I had them all turned off. I do use an extension for tab management called Workona that might still have bits running even if it's turned off. I don't know. Could my Google account be causing a problem?

Charlie Judge said:

I hope you see this tomorrow: Somwhat good news. I was able to get the extension working by going to Customize and control Google Chrome (3 dots upper right) selecting more tools > extensions > view details (for DAZ Deals) and enabling 'Allow in Incognito'

The bad news is it only lasted for one session of Chrome. Once I closed Chrome and reopened it DAZ Deals no longer worked and I had to disable (or enable) 'Allow in Incognito'  it before DAZ Deals would work. Maybe a timing issue ??? Anyway changing the state of  'Allow in Incognito'  enables DAZ Deals; but it has to be done every time I start Chrome. A bit of a nuisance but at least it is a workaround.

Thank you for the update. At least you can get it to work without having to reinstall every time. But yeah, this is not how it should work. This issue has been driving us nuts because it's not consistent with everyone. We'll get to the bottom of this eventually.

Quasar said:

Could my Google account be causing a problem?

While I don't think so (I have my Google account linked to my Chrome profile as well, and it works fine), it's really hard to say for sure at this point. We still don't know why it fails for some people and not others. We were hoping that some major speed improvements would solve this issue, but apparently we still have some more work to do on this front.

Some updates for this morning: a new version has been pushed to the stores (Chrome, Mozilla (FireFox), and Opera). That should fix some of the issues, although not the need to reinstall (or the need to change the state of allow in incognito mode). We're still working on that.

I've been told not to expect much as far as Opera goes. They have not responded to our recent submissions for months.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,405

well afaik, everything has been working fine for me, i see checkboxes on shop and product sites, i can label purchased/unpurchased products, i can filter wishlist/product library with the labels, i see the red labels on shop listings... i'm on chrome/win10 64 - chrome is updated, but win hasn't been for months (i have no disk space left!).

so thanks a lot again for your hard work and your dedication with this excellent addon and the new awesome features! actually, even i complained about "not really needing labels on purchased products" yesterday, as a retarded nag, i only realized afterwards what it means - i can finally do what i wished for ages i could do, i.e. have a filtered list of hair, figures, clothing etc i already own... magnificient!

NOTE: yesterday, as i tried the label thing in my product list first before i tried the feature on other pages, despite having read the daz deal faq/help about the new version - where i missed 1 single but very  important word, "EXISTING" - i needed quite a while before it worked... again and again, the little menu "apply label" offered no possibility to write a label name, as i thought - because yeah, it's not its function, it's just a dropdown menu taking the names/info from somewhere else, and the labels/comments need to be created somewhere else first , like a product page, wishlist etc. - operating word being "existing". i might be a lot denser or just inattentive/unfocused than most, lol, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea, in the help text, to emphasize this little word so it can't be missed? or am i the only idiot around here ..XD

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

The Firefox addon is working as it did before the shop massacre now, meaning I have to use the "refresh" button when going to a new shop page once to see it.

More detailed: open the shop page. Addon options not visible. Refesh the page and they appear. Go to one of the sale pages, same procedure... first not visible, but after a refresh they appear. I have to use that procedure every time I go to another sale page. Might be because I always use the "show in new tab" option.

Still, as I had to do this before, I can say it's working as I got used to. yes

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Would it be easier to just add these functions into the web site instead of maintaining different add on versions for each browser?
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311

mwokee said:

Would it be easier to just add these functions into the web site instead of maintaining different add on versions for each browser?

Obviously cheeky; but the site updates done by DAZ3D over the past years did not include any ot these, so either it is not possible for them to do it or they don't want to do it (yet?).

• glaseye said:

mwokee said:

Obviously cheeky; but the site updates done by DAZ3D over the past years did not include any ot these, so either it is not possible for them to do it or they don't want to do it (yet?).

We'll be here regardless of what the Store does or doesn't support. There's always something we (the shoppers) want ahead of what the store owners will want or be willing to support--which is fine. :) Two different (though synergistic) sets of goals. :)
  • well afaik, everything has been working fine for me, i see checkboxes on shop and product sites, i can label purchased/unpurchased products, i can filter wishlist/product library with the labels, i see the red labels on shop listings... i'm on chrome/win10 64 - chrome is updated, but win hasn't been for months (i have no disk space left!).

so thanks a lot again for your hard work and your dedication with this excellent addon and the new awesome features! actually, even i complained about "not really needing labels on purchased products" yesterday, as a retarded nag, i only realized afterwards what it means - i can finally do what i wished for ages i could do, i.e. have a filtered list of hair, figures, clothing etc i already own... magnificient!

NOTE: yesterday, as i tried the label thing in my product list first before i tried the feature on other pages, despite having read the daz deal faq/help about the new version - where i missed 1 single but very  important word, "EXISTING" - i needed quite a while before it worked... again and again, the little menu "apply label" offered no possibility to write a label name, as i thought - because yeah, it's not its function, it's just a dropdown menu taking the names/info from somewhere else, and the labels/comments need to be created somewhere else first , like a product page, wishlist etc. - operating word being "existing". i might be a lot denser or just inattentive/unfocused than most, lol, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea, in the help text, to emphasize this little word so it can't be missed? or am i the only idiot around here ..XD

So glad you enjoy the update! I do think we can improve the "apply label" UI to make that bit clearer. Glad you figured it out! :)
  • The Firefox addon is working as it did before the shop massacre now, meaning I have to use the "refresh" button when going to a new shop page once to see it.

More detailed: open the shop page. Addon options not visible. Refesh the page and they appear. Go to one of the sale pages, same procedure... first not visible, but after a refresh they appear. I have to use that procedure every time I go to another sale page. Might be because I always use the "show in new tab" option.

Still, as I had to do this before, I can say it's working as I got used to. yes

Glad it's working for you, but sad about the required reload... I've not hit that yet, but will keep trying to get mine to fail that way. Feel free to DM me if you have console errors or things you notice on the first load. Glad it's at least back to "normal." :)
  • hjakehjake Posts: 837

hjake said:

I don't know where to request a fix. DAZ Deals do not function properly in the Brave browser but function in the Firefox browser. This issue has on going for atleast the last 6 weeks when I switched over to the Brave Browser.

Holy Hanna!  The "Only show WishList" and "Only show owned" are working in Brave Browser. 10Q beaucoup!

And like any forum Dazite worth their salt I am not satiisfied and I want MORE.  wink

I would love this feature to work on the search results page. See attached image.

Pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top. laugh

2021-12-23_132409.jpg
    1887 x 708 - 126K

hjake said:

hjake said:

I don't know where to request a fix. DAZ Deals do not function properly in the Brave browser but function in the Firefox browser. This issue has on going for atleast the last 6 weeks when I switched over to the Brave Browser.

Holy Hanna!  The "Only show WishList" and "Only show owned" are working in Brave Browser. 10Q beaucoup!

And like any forum Dazite worth their salt I am not satiisfied and I want MORE.  wink

I would love this feature to work on the search results page. See attached image.

It looks like Daz brought the search page design over to the entire store. Which hopefully means that the search page can be considered complete. So once we squash the bugs that the rushed release caused, we'll finally be able to focus on the search page as well.

• hjakehjake Posts: 837

Ati said:

hjake said:

hjake said:

It looks like Daz brought the search page design over to the entire store. Which hopefully means that the search page can be considered complete. So once we squash the bugs that the rushed release caused, we'll finally be able to focus on the search page as well.

Thank you for the update. My browsers now are Firefox and Brave so I am a happy camper.

Was it the "cherry on top" that got it moved up the to do list?  smiley

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937

Charlie Judge said:

Ati said:

gitika1 said:

I just removed and re-added the extension to Chrome. (because of the new UI update) and it no longer works.  Specifically, I received an email for a new flash sale, and wanted to see what I have wishlisted amongst the products on sale.  However, Only show Wishlist is no visible.  It may be present on the page, but the new interface overlaps with it.  A CTRL+F5 will momently show it on the base page (daz3d.com/shop/ but it does not show up any other time.

Yeah, this UI update came as a surprise, and I'm not too happy about the timing. A week before the biggest holiday season of the year. I honestly have no idea when I'll be able to take a look at it.

I would have thought that it would have been in DAZ's best interest to make every effort to facilitate the DAZ Deals plugin. I (and I suspect many others) will miss a lot good deals and thus spending  spending a lot less.

...I already know i have. 

Not being able to filter out the Daz+ items along with having to scroll up from the bottom of evey page gets old very fast.

edited December 2021

...as we are unable to attach images to PMs I have to do this as a post:

...still having this odd behaviour happen,  When I request new passcode I get the following email response:

Hi,
    you asked me to send you your passcode that is used for the Daz email notifications.
    However, I could not find your email address in my database.
    This means that you have not signed up yet, or you unsubscribed.
    To get a passcode, you need to sign up. You can do that by visiting the following page:

[link removed as for some reason the unlink option above didn't work]

When you sign up, you will receive a passcode that you can use for the notifications.

-- Ati

However when I do a new sign up, I receive this response::

It's like I'm in some sort of corrupted loop that does not let me do either.

Daz Deals message.jpg
    1500 x 430 - 81K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:

...as we are unable to attach images to PMs I have to do this as a post:

...still having this odd behaviour happen,  When I request new passcode I get the following email response:

Hi,
    you asked me to send you your passcode that is used for the Daz email notifications.
    However, I could not find your email address in my database.
    This means that you have not signed up yet, or you unsubscribed.
    To get a passcode, you need to sign up. You can do that by visiting the following page:

[link removed as for some reason the unlink option above didn't work]

When you sign up, you will receive a passcode that you can use for the notifications.

-- Ati

However when I do a new sign up, I receive this response::

It's like I'm in some sort of corrupted loop that does not let me do either.

@Ati can field this one. That "you're already signed up" web page should likely just send you the code as a reminder. I'll work with @Ati to get it fixed, but you may also want to DM your email to him to get the passcode sent and help get the database debugged. Sorry for the trouble!

...as mentioned, the PM editor does not permit attaching images. The only way to do it is to embed an image directly into a PM using the "Image" tool. but that requires the image to have a URL attached.

Please send me your email address so I can check. No need for extra images, just a simple text version of your email address. :) Either here on the forums as a private message or by replying to any of the notification emails.

edited December 2021

...PM'd the email addy.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606

Installed the new version for Chrome, and evderything seems to be working fine again. Thank you for your efforts. 

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 122

Ati said:

WandW said:

Ati said:

Questions to those of you who don't see the checkboxes with the new version:

Did the old version of the addon work for you before the store UI change?

What happens if you remove and reinstall the addon?

Yes, the old version worked before the store update. The checkboxes were very occasionally there after the update, but not often.

I removed it, restarted the Browser, and reinstalled it and the checkboxes are not there.

Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page, that should bring the checkboxes back. 

Using v3.0.1 of Daz-Deals I tried this and it still didn't work, but I noticed that I had a script blocker that did indeed interfere with what the addon loads. Before the store changed, it was working fine being blocked, but not any more.

I use uMatrix on Firefox, and found that when I allowed "googletagmanager.com", I could now see the checkboxes. Hope this helps someone out there. Daz-Deals does a great deal to improve the shopping experience in the store. I was almost at my wits end without the extra filtering. Now I have it back!