Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2021

AHArt said:

I have to uninstall and reinstall daily (sometimes multiple times) for the add on to work. Using the latest Google chrome 

I use Brave, and I'm having the same issue. I only use this for the extra bits on product pages and store filters, and it all ceases to display until I remove/reinstall the extension. No broken images/links or anything, just nothing appearing at all.

Brave version info: Version 1.31.87 Chromium: 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

Lissa_xyz said:

AHArt said:

I have to uninstall and reinstall daily (sometimes multiple times) for the add on to work. Using the latest Google chrome 

I use Brave, and I'm having the same issue. I only use this for the extra bits on product pages and store filters, and it all ceases to display until I remove/reinstall the extension. No broken images/links or anything, just nothing appearing at all.

Brave version info: Version 1.31.87 Chromium: 95.0.4638.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Same....

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

A couple of updates on what's going on right now:

FireFox: FireFox has added a few extra requirements for all addons. @Overdrawn has resubmitted the addon with the requested changes, and we're waiting for the approval. Once it goes through, it should be available in the store again.

Opera: For some reason, the Opera addon is several versions behind. @Overdrawn is looking into it; if it's just a matter of uploading the new version, then hopefully the current version with support for the new store engine will be available soon.

Chrome and Brave ongoing issues: We're still unable to reproduce the errors many of you are experiencing, which makes it extremely hard to debug. Current working theory is that it's due to browser optimizations. We're hoping that an upcoming new version of the addon, with lots of rewrites, will solve this. This still needs a bit of work.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited October 2021

I put in a Feature Request to Daz to add a "Show Only Items I Own" on the Daz Search results (and to fix the Sort by price to include Sales discounts).  I know the new Search is something that has caused difficulty for the add-on, so maybe we can get Daz to add it.  Feel free to submit as well!  smiley

UPDATE! (from Daz)

1. "Show Only Items I Own" on the Daz Search results
      • Yea!!  This is currently being worked on, no ETA yet!  :)

2. Fix the Sort by price to include Sales discounts
      • This requires store updates, so next year, at best :( 
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • So 'total spent' suddenly started showing up for me... (And perhaps I was better of now knowing exactly, but whatever!)

However...

In my daily Top 21 Most discounted email, the first spot is always filled with:

Genesis 8 Female Anatomical Elements
    Normal price: $9,999.95
    100% OFF: $0.70

But when I click it, it shows an 'Oops' page... What's up with that one, and can I get rid of it somehow?

daisuki.nekomusume said:

But when I click it, it shows an 'Oops' page... What's up with that one, and can I get rid of it somehow?

That item seems to have been pulled from the store after it went on a big sale. I manually added its non-sale price as current so it won't show up in the email.

• Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

That item seems to have been pulled from the store after it went on a big sale. I manually added its non-sale price as current so it won't show up in the email.

The Anatomical Elements should never be on sale as stand-alone products.

• Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Thanks!... Have a great weekend!

edited October 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Ati said:

daisuki.nekomusume said:

The Anatomical Elements should never be on sale as stand-alone products.

They shouldn't, but they were. They had a non-sale price, as well as a highly discounted sale price. Twice in the past year alone.

Post edited by Ati on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,876

I got a Best Daz Prices email today that says the $2.99 price for many PCFAD items is the best price in a year, when a couple days ago they were $1.99.

edited November 2021

barbult said:

I got a Best Daz Prices email today that says the $2.99 price for many PCFAD items is the best price in a year, when a couple days ago they were $1.99.

Weren't they $1.99 only when you bought something else along with them?

Edit: I've just seen a comment in the sales thread that the current PCFAD list has items that were never in the original $1.99 sales. Aren't these such items?

Post edited by Ati on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,876

Ati said:

barbult said:

Weren't they $1.99 only when you bought something else along with them?

Edit: I've just seen a comment in the sales thread that the current PCFAD list has items that were never in the original $1.99 sales. Aren't these such items?

For PC+ members, they were $1.99 without buying anything else. I don't think all those in the Best Daz Prices are "new" to PFCAD. I believe I recognize some as having been in PFCAD several times during this month's sale. For example, Pacific Rockfish Collection. Even the price graph history shows it as having been $1.99 in this sale.

Screenshot 2021-11-05 143432.jpg
    1285 x 1007 - 264K
  • has the daz deals extension been removed from firefox? I can no longer find it.

vijayasimhabr said:

has the daz deals extension been removed from firefox? I can no longer find it.

Firefox introduced some new requirements, so we had to resubmit the app for review, which seems to take ages. :-/

• daisuki.nekomusumedaisuki.nekomusume Posts: 84
    edited November 2021

The Top 21 most discounted email now shows for the 2nd day in a row 'Minami HD and Minami Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)", but the product seems to have been pulled from the store, because clicking it gives an OOPS page and searching 'Minami' doesn't find it either...

Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on

daisuki.nekomusume said:

The Top 21 most discounted email now shows for the 2nd day in a row 'Minami HD and Minami Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s)", but the product seems to have been pulled from the store, because clicking it gives an OOPS page and searching 'Minami' doesn't find it either...

Yea, it was stuck in my Daz Wishlist as well, so it may be a store issue, versus a Daz Deals issue.

daisuki.nekomusume said:

Indeed, this item seems to have been pulled from the store after its sale. I reset its price so it won't be included in the top discount notifications. 

• Ati said:

vijayasimhabr said:

has the daz deals extension been removed from firefox? I can no longer find it.

Firefox introduced some new requirements, so we had to resubmit the app for review, which seems to take ages. :-/

Thank you. I will switch to another browser for the time being.

Hey, how does the Forum References algorithm work?  I was on the Thickener Plugin item (Thickener Plug-In | Daz 3D), and looking for examples in a commercial thread but no commercial thread for its release was shown.

Then I found there is one:  [Released] Thickener plugin [commercial] - Daz 3D Forums, but its not listed on the forum references for the item.

I was going to post in it to satisfy the req's for it to appear.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

3dOutlaw said:

Hey, how does the Forum References algorithm work?  I was on the Thickener Plugin item (Thickener Plug-In | Daz 3D), and looking for examples in a commercial thread but no commercial thread for its release was shown.

Then I found there is one:  [Released] Thickener plugin [commercial] - Daz 3D Forums, but its not listed on the forum references for the item.

I was going to post in it to satisfy the req's for it to appear.

It requires that there are a link to the product. 

OK, thanks, I added a post with a link, so whenever it refreshes, perhaps it will pick it up for others.  I guess it's rare the vendor will not put a link to the product they released in the commercial thread.  Just a rare case I stumbled upon.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

In Chrome  (Windows 11) my  Daz Deals Add-on is now available AFTER a PC shutdown / restart . 

No need to remove it / add it / reenter credentials etc

This has not been true for many months.

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 355

JamieM said:

In Chrome  (Windows 11) my  Daz Deals Add-on is now available AFTER a PC shutdown / restart . 

I'm really curious that no-one else has confirmed (or denied) this.

For me, the problems in Chrome (the need for daily re-installs etc) have vanished. It just works.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• JamieM said:

JamieM said:

For me, the problems in Chrome (the need for daily re-installs etc) have vanished. It just works.

Nope. I still have to reinstall when I shut down. Chrome, Windows 10 

• JamieM said:

JamieM said:

No problems for me

• rav4rav4 Posts: 96

I've had this extension in chrome mac for years. I need to change my email now tho. I tried changing in textbox. Doesn't take. What do I need to do?

• There is also a problem with several others in the Top21 email giving an Oops page: Old Man with Lantern Statue, Gallerie Simple Essentials,  Gallerie Simple, Signs of Protest, Lunar Craters Moonscape, Mariposa Dreamy Hair Textures, Wal With Purpose Poses, Classic recurve Bow Smart Prop, Unique Iray Shaders, Snowball Fight Poses and Props, Lost in a Labyrinth, Dungeon Entrance and An Unfinished Basement. 

daisuki.nekomusume said:

rav4 said:

I've had this extension in chrome mac for years. I need to change my email now tho. I tried changing in textbox. Doesn't take. What do I need to do?

You need to sign up with the new address, get a passcode for that address, and then change both the address and the passcode to the new ones on the options page. 

• RuthvenRuthven Posts: 637

Any news about the firefox plugin? I really miss using it instead of Chrome!

Ruthven said:

Any news about the firefox plugin? I really miss using it instead of Chrome!

I'll have to ping @Overdrawn on this.

I think the idea is that since we're so close to a new version with lots of cool features and speed improvements (hopefully solving the Chrome issue that some of you are having), we'll spam them with requests for that version, since they seem to be just sitting on their review for the current one.