Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,876

Only link 5 on the Affiliate link test page works for me. It is slow, but eventually opens the Daz Store page.

The link in the price notification email also worked. First it said "hold on we are taking you there". Then the product page opened.

• Ati said:

Those who still get a closed tab/window after whitelisting, could you please try something for me? I created a test page here: https://civilizationhunt.com/ds/test.html It has 5 affiliate links, all taking you to the main store page. Could you please try them and see which takes you to the store without issues and which don't? Thank you.

No 1 or 2

4 and 5  both worked

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,118

Firefox 93.0 on Win 10 home; privoxy (privoxy.org), Adblock Plus, and Privacy Badger.

Links 1, 3, and 4 immediately pop open a new tab which shuts down as soon as it forms. Link 2 opens the store page in the link tab; Link 5 gives me the "hold on" message and transfers me to the store page.

If I disable Adblock Plus and refresh the link test page Links 1, 3, and 4 open a new tab and immediately transfer me to the store page in the new tab. Link 2 and Link 5 do not change; 2 opens the store page in the link tab (and the 'back' button in the browser is not functional) and 5 displays the "hold on" and then transfers me to the store page in the new tab.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

aaaahhhh thank you! that has been driving me nuts for about a week - clicking on the new promo image or a wishlist item in the emails and a tab opens for a split second and then closes. I had no idea what was causing it LOL. Thank you! 

Ati said:

Links in notification emails suddenly not working: this is an adblocker issue. If you experience this issue, then to make the links work again, please pause the adblocker on your email site, or whitelist your email site.

Whitelisting didn't work for me - BUT enabling ads on this site did fix it.  

Link 1 works fine. 

Link 5 works, I get a "hold on we're taking you there" and then the daz page opens. 

Link 2, 3 and 4 all open a new tab for a split second that then closes without getting to daz. 

Using Chrome   94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Ati said:

Those who still get a closed tab/window after whitelisting, could you please try something for me? I created a test page here: https://civilizationhunt.com/ds/test.html It has 5 affiliate links, all taking you to the main store page. Could you please try them and see which takes you to the store without issues and which don't? Thank you.

Also, I still can't get the daz deals add on to work in Chrome - only works if i uninstall and reinstall and then it forgets it all when i close the browser. 

Works fine in firefox tho. 

• Today, all the "Notify me" emails worked great. The promos for main page and fast grab page notice, still have the open/close problem, But that is on 2 emails to copy, so that is perfectly wonderful!!!

Thank you again. (Thunderbird to Vivaldi)

• AtiAti Posts: 9,124

Thank you for all the feedback on which links work and which don't. Based on this, I have rewritten the notification links. Hopefully, all of them. :)

Emails sent from now on should all work well with most ad blockers.

Because the notifications require certain triggers to activate them, not all have been tested. Please let me know if you notice anything not working with them.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,390
    edited October 2021

Working in Firefox but not in Chrome

In Chrome I still get the tab opening and closing

Never mind it has just now started working when a new notification came in

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

Is the "Hide Items I Own" on the Daz Search a features of the Add-On or a Daz menu option?  I was looking for a "Show Items I Own" on the search.  Or a way to search items I own, better than the name filter on the Account products list.

Robert Freise said:

Working in Firefox but not in Chrome

In Chrome I still get the tab opening and closing

It's only for emails sent after my previous post. 

3dOutlaw said:

Is the "Hide Items I Own" on the Daz Search a features of the Add-On or a Daz menu option?  I was looking for a "Show Items I Own" on the search.  Or a way to search items I own, better than the name filter on the Account products list.

The "Hide items I own" is a Daz Store feature. The "Only show owned" is the addon feature which does not work on the search page.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I wish Daz would have made a Only Show Owned on that search, it sure would have been very helpful, but I guess their priority is selling more, and not for having you use the stuff you already purchased more effectively  ;-)

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793
    edited October 2021

Help! All of a sudden the extension doesn't work in Firefox or Edge! It shows it's still installed but nothing works. On Edge when I first go to the Daz site I get the image below. If I try again, it takes me to the store but without the extension. It may be Norton blocking it, I don't know. Does anyone know how to get it back? I just tried turning off Norton safe search and it still doesn't work!

OK I found the NEW Edge extension and it works. But the original link for Firefox says it's no longer available and it's still not working in Firefox although it's still installed, and I didn't change anything. When I click the link in the forum from the other thread or search Daz Deals Firefox I get this.

Daz Deals EXT 3.JPG
    2136 x 653 - 147K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 479

I can't find it for FIrefox

• Choppski said:

I can't find it for FIrefox

Confirmed: Searching for "daz deal" and "daz3d" do not find the extension. A previously good weblink found a 'missing' error message.
       My extension is still working. Firefox 93.0 64-bit, Windows 10.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

My Firefox Extension still no longer works and link still goes to Oops.

I've pinged @Overdrawn about the FireFox issue.

It's working for me - firefox 93.0, windows 10 pro, Adblock Plus, and Privacy Badger.

I haven't gone looking for the installation file.

• My extension was working on my main computer when the power supply died yesterday. I am currently on my second computer which I have not kept synced (oops)  and cannot find the Firefox extension for Daz Deals. I had not relized how much I had come to depend on that while shopping until now.

• UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

I had to restore firefox and can confirm the extension is no longer available. I'm taking it as a message from the universe to stop buying and start rendering.

FireFox addon missing: see above. :) I've already notified @Overdrawn, he's looking into it to get it back ASAP.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I have stopped receiving notifications again. (sigh)

TJohn said:

I have stopped receiving notifications again. (sigh)

Yep, your emails were bouncing again on the 17th. Luckily, I still know which one it was--I've cleared the block on it. 

• Could any of this be why the plugin's gallery links from the product page always give me broken-thumbnail instead of the gallery picture, and clicking them takes me to the gallery mainpage?  This is on Opera, btw,

image_2021-10-20_152607.png
    1426 x 600 - 520K
  • UthgardUthgard Posts: 853

Ati said:

FireFox addon missing: see above. :) I've already notified @Overdrawn, he's looking into it to get it back ASAP.

Ah, sorry, Ati, I didn't see your answer. Hope everything goes smoothly. And thank you both once again for the marvelous addon.

• AHArtAHArt Posts: 202

I have to uninstall and reinstall daily (sometimes multiple times) for the add on to work. Using the latest Google chrome 

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Could any of this be why the plugin's gallery links from the product page always give me broken-thumbnail instead of the gallery picture, and clicking them takes me to the gallery mainpage?  This is on Opera, btw,

Same thing is happening in Firefox v 93.0.

@Ati - some additional odd behavior.

The last four "New DAZ Promo" emails have had the Rosa Maria 8.1 promo at the top of the list. The one prior to that had Your Perfect Scene followed by Rosa Maria. The more recent promo images are showinf as broken images but the links they represent work.

OTOH the 'top21 most discounted" and "Wishlist items on sale" show the links and descriptions; when I allow Thunderbird to show the remote content the links disappear and then reappear with no images.

namffuak said:

The last four "New DAZ Promo" emails have had the Rosa Maria 8.1 promo at the top of the list. The one prior to that had Your Perfect Scene followed by Rosa Maria. The more recent promo images are showinf as broken images but the links they represent work.

The images are shown in the order they appear in the store. The included new promo slider images are coming directly from Daz, for example https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/media/sliders/2021/october/1023-slider1.jpg , we don't change them in any way. If your email client doesn't show them, then it's blocking Daz images for some reason.